Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:00:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 76
Author Topic: Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 98805 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: July 18, 2016, 10:35:49 PM »

lol @ the teenagers in this thread who think they know more about criminal law than the fbi. don't let facts pierce your bubble and disarm your biases; that would be so terrible.

re. convention

this is literally a convention of hate: that ~40%< of voters will cast their ballot for trump is a sad sign of how far we have to go as a country
Are you sure that you are a Republican?

Yeah why aren't you getting in line like you're supposed to?
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #476 on: July 18, 2016, 10:36:08 PM »

This is actually disgusting. Appeals to the worst of humankind.

Yes, it is disgusting. However, we don't know what we'll see next week at the DNC. Will they attack police officers? We don't know. Both parties are crazy.

You would have to actually be an idiot to believe the Democrats and the Republicans are on the same level of crazy.

The Democrats are embracing Black Lives Matter. That's pretty crazy. I supported them before, but after what happened the past week, they're looking like a national liability.

Maybe Hillary and Obama can go join arms in the middle of I-5 during rush hour and hold up thousands of people just trying to get home to see their families.  For extra credit they can run around with a megaphone and shout about how all white people are racists, how the USA can go f**k itself and how the police are an evil cabal committing genocide against black people.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #477 on: July 18, 2016, 10:36:18 PM »

lol @ the teenagers in this thread who think they know more about criminal law than the fbi. don't let facts pierce your bubble and disarm your biases; that would be so terrible.

re. convention

this is literally a convention of hate: that ~40%< of voters will cast their ballot for trump is a sad sign of how far we have to go as a country

does my avatar color bother you, or do you need to run off to your safe space because a blue avatar said something critical of the party that has nominated an overt bigot and seems insistent on anchoring itself to hate?
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #478 on: July 18, 2016, 10:37:00 PM »

WOW this hall is empty.  Was Seal Team Six the last speech?
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #479 on: July 18, 2016, 10:38:00 PM »

Stepping in to defend the more moderate Republicans on this site: there are large differences in the beliefs of Dems and Repubs. Off the top of my head: tax reform, the roll of government, school vouchers come to mind (not to mention moral questions like abortion or drug use). Just 'cause Mr. Orange decided to take over the Republican Party doesn't mean that the entire party has shifted. Many of the more local races have more traditional Republicans running and I'm sure that more moderate Republicans will win the presidency in the future. Like we all know, major shifts do not take place immediately (ie: party registration in West Virginia or Oklahoma), so if this is the end of the era we wont see it immediately.

I also understand the choice to vote for Donald Trump. Not because of him, but because of things like the Supreme Court and the laws that actually pass. If the Obama Administration has shown us anything, it's that the House and Senate are excellent at blocking and fighting things they do not like. Trump would be forced to follow them rather than the other way around.

So, what I'm basically saying is, if you don't want to leave the party, don't (at least not until you see what kind of candidates come out for the midterms). I, personally, enjoy having an alternate point of view seeing as how I live most of my life in a political bubble and have to make a point of seaking out other opinions.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #480 on: July 18, 2016, 10:38:10 PM »

Cool....

Thought you were the other dude that was trolling, and was getting frustrated.

My apologies, but I think there are legitimate discussions regarding how both political parties use war and peace and military vets as symbols, but this is something that I think we can discuss sanely in an alternate venue/

My bad.... Wink
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #481 on: July 18, 2016, 10:38:53 PM »

re. convention

does my avatar color bother you, or do you need to run off to your safe space because a blue avatar said something critical of the party that has nominated an overt bigot and seems insistent on anchoring itself to hate?
I only say so because must blue avatars are not FBI apologists that think Hillary! didn't deserve to get indicted for what she did and wouldn't attack another blue avatar because they believe she deserved to be indicted.

Further, I don't have safe spaces. I actually am a Republican. We don't believe in those.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #482 on: July 18, 2016, 10:39:31 PM »

WOW this hall is empty.  Was Seal Team Six the last speech?
Yes.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #483 on: July 18, 2016, 10:39:31 PM »

Oh piss off. She still lost her son.

No what pisses me off, is not that she is emotional regarding the death of her son in Libya.

What *does* piss me off is that the RNC in an attempt to "slime" Hillary Clinton regarding Libya/Benghazi that there appears to be a completely blind eye when it comes to the death of Americans in Iraq.

I lost a good friend in Iraq, assigned to the Oregon National Guard, who died in combat outside of Taji/Camp Cooke at the hands of a roadside bomb and decisions made by the Bush Administration, not only to go into Iraq, but additionally to use "stop-loss" and not provide uparmored Humvees...

It sickens me that the RNC decided to use this mother's grief to make political points against Hillary Clinton, while not even addressing the real grief that families and friends of those who have fallen in Iraq in order to try to score cheap political points.

If anyone is interested, here is a tribute to my friend from Corvallis/Albany who served his country and died in Iraq, despite his personal reservations about the merits of the mission.

http://thefallen.militarytimes.com/army-spc-eric-s-mckinley/263041

So none of the "chicken-hawks" out there even felt a need to respond to my post, let alone Atlas "Liberal Democrats"....

Sad day for America and the forum when we have multiple pages of discussion regarding a grieving mother who lost a child in Libya, but no interest or even comments regarding the loss of my friend in Iraq.

I tried to answer, but I keep getting knocked-out of the site, or the site keeps locking-up (very busy time).
I wanted to say "sorry for your loss."
But don't feel that people are intentionally ignoring your post, it's just that there are so many posts, that one post after another, gets buried very quickly.

Thank You, Proud Moderate..... very much appreciate your kind comments and response.

My one and only issue is the hypocrisy when it comes to the way in which certain political parties frame military service and patriotism, whereby certain stories are forgotten in two of the largest wars in recent American history ( Iraq & Afghanistan), but yet one political party brings out a grieving mother, while neglecting so many other grieving military families over these past 15 years.

There used to be a time of decency and respect where those that died in the service of our country (Mission right or wrong) were all viewed as heroes and not used as political pawns.

Although I am not from a military family, have four Vietnam era friends, my son-in-law as USMC based out of Camp Pendleton was two weeks away from being deployed to Afghanistan in 2010, but the vaccine injection sent him to the ER into a coma, and he is now on permanent disability as a result.

Reality is that those of military friends and families do need to stick together, and it makes me sick to my stomach when I hear politicians (Of both political parties) claim that they speak and represent how enlisted men and women actually think.

Hopefully, the DNC will actually tell a better story that provides greater honor and respect for those that have served and died in the wars overseas over the past 16 years....

It's because the Democratic Party always attacks the military families and the military in general. ...there's a reason why people view the GOP as "strong on defense".

Oh you are so full of malarkey.
It was trump who has no respect for former troops that have been "captured" (like McCain).
turmp's direct words, not mine.

I'm not a Republican, by the way. I'm a Independent. The Democratic Party next week will have to show the nation that they care about our veterans, our military, and even law enforcement. Right now, they don't, with the comments of President Obama, Ash Carter, and even Hillary Clinton.

The Republican convention is this week. And trump will "need to show the nation that he cares and respects ALL veterans," and not just those that were not captured.
Just because a brave soldier and veteran of our great nation was captured by our enemy, does not make him less of a soldier or less honorable. trump's words were disgusting !
The only thing I have seen trump do for veterans, is to "use" them as an excuse (charity event) to worm-himself-out from speaking in a debate. And I wouldn't doubt if he uses this same ploy again, in one or more of the official debates put on by The Commission on Presidential Debates.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #484 on: July 18, 2016, 10:41:34 PM »

My god, this guy's voice is higher than mine.

LMAO.
I don't even know who you are/were talking about, but it is by far the funniest comment in this entire thread.
You win the award !
8-)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #485 on: July 18, 2016, 10:43:06 PM »

lol black delegates
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #486 on: July 18, 2016, 10:46:10 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 10:47:42 PM by Negusa Nagast 🚀 »

re. convention

I only say so because must blue avatars are not FBI apologists that think Hillary! didn't deserve to get indicted for what she did and wouldn't attack another blue avatar because they believe she deserved to be indicted.

Further, I don't have safe spaces. I actually am a Republican. We don't believe in those.

ah yes, she "deserved" to be indicted. because our legal system should prosecute people for petty reasons instead of facts and statute.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #487 on: July 18, 2016, 10:50:23 PM »

Well, if you are looking for a silver lining, it can probably only go uphill from here.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #488 on: July 18, 2016, 10:52:07 PM »

re. convention

ah yes, she "deserved" to be indicted. because our legal system should prosecute people for petty reasons instead of facts and statute.
Sorry, Negusa Nagast, your red roots are showing. A "blue" avatar defending Hillary! Yeah.. I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. Republicans don't spout DNC talking points.
CactusJack
Rookie
United States

« Reply #489 on: July 18, 2016, 10:54:53 PM »

Giuliani is an embarrassment. I can't believe this guy was in a position of power.

I didn't love Giuliani when he was elected either...but do you remember the absolute dumpster fire cesspool that NYC was under Dinkins. Giuliani did an amazing job pulling it out of the gutter and reviving the city, and Bloomberg maintained it, and now things are falling to hell again.

He was an embarrassment? really? Did you live in NYC or are you an upstater? If you actually lived through those years then you owe a great deal to him. He's no saint, but he was the right man for the right time.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #490 on: July 18, 2016, 10:55:39 PM »

Well, if you are looking for a silver lining, it can probably only go uphill from here.

Are you sure?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #491 on: July 18, 2016, 10:55:41 PM »

Stepping in to defend the more moderate Republicans on this site: there are large differences in the beliefs of Dems and Repubs. Off the top of my head: tax reform, the roll of government, school vouchers come to mind (not to mention moral questions like abortion or drug use). Just 'cause Mr. Orange decided to take over the Republican Party doesn't mean that the entire party has shifted. Many of the more local races have more traditional Republicans running and I'm sure that more moderate Republicans will win the presidency in the future. Like we all know, major shifts do not take place immediately (ie: party registration in West Virginia or Oklahoma), so if this is the end of the era we wont see it immediately.

I also understand the choice to vote for Donald Trump. Not because of him, but because of things like the Supreme Court and the laws that actually pass. If the Obama Administration has shown us anything, it's that the House and Senate are excellent at blocking and fighting things they do not like. Trump would be forced to follow them rather than the other way around.

So, what I'm basically saying is, if you don't want to leave the party, don't (at least not until you see what kind of candidates come out for the midterms). I, personally, enjoy having an alternate point of view seeing as how I live most of my life in a political bubble and have to make a point of seaking out other opinions.

Well said.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #492 on: July 18, 2016, 10:56:41 PM »

Sorry, Negusa Nagast, your red roots are showing. A "blue" avatar defending Hillary! Yeah.. I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. Republicans don't spout DNC talking points.

What's with your incessant avatar class warfare? All "red avatars" are hacks, "green avatars" are faux independents, and "blue avatars" that might not be hacks are treasonous and not actually Republicans. I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum care as much as you do about the color of the state they choose.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #493 on: July 18, 2016, 10:57:04 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 11:03:41 PM by Negusa Nagast 🚀 »

this blue avatared georgian troglodyte is a perfect microcosm of one of the republican party's biggest issues over the past 30 years: don't tow the party line and talking points, even if they are factually incorrect? gtfo of the party! it is fascinating to watch the race to the bottom among republicans to see who can be the biggest anti-intellectual.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #494 on: July 18, 2016, 11:00:03 PM »

Did this awful convention night really just happen?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #495 on: July 18, 2016, 11:00:56 PM »

yes, and there are 3 more nights of this insanity
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #496 on: July 18, 2016, 11:06:31 PM »

please, as if you'd react any other way regardless of what happened.

Trayvon Martin, punk thug, tried beating a mans skull into concrete and got shot for it, they're having the mother that raised this degenerate speak at the Democratic convention. I don't think there's a bigger joke than that...

LMFAO 
CactusJack
Rookie
United States

« Reply #497 on: July 18, 2016, 11:08:37 PM »

Trayvon Martin, punk thug, tried beating a mans skull into concrete and got shot for it, they're having the mother that raised this degenerate speak at the Democratic convention. I don't think there's a bigger joke than that...

LMFAO

Don't care. Keep trotting out degenerate moms of dead degenerates. You're on the wrong side of history. Law and order will be restored, and these criminals and thugs will be behind bars or deep in the cold cold ground.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #498 on: July 18, 2016, 11:09:20 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 11:15:42 PM by Seriously? »

What's with your incessant avatar class warfare? All "red avatars" are hacks, "green avatars" are faux independents, and "blue avatars" that might not be hacks are treasonous and not actually Republicans. I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum care as much as you do about the color of the state they choose.
I just find it hilarious how some on here claim to be something that they are not.

I never said that "all" red avatars are hacks. There are some that are intellectually honest. They are not going to claim that Trump has no chance in New Hampshire, for example, and are not putting up the same insufferable "Trump is Satan" posts every five minutes.

And then there are those that red avatars show the same scorn and ridicule for because they refuse to coronate Queen Hillary! and support Bernie Sanders instead.

As far as the "greens" go, with few exceptions, they skew left.

Even more comically, probably about 1/2 of the "blue" avatars are not voting Republican, while in reality, 85-95% of all Rs will pull the lever for the Republican nominee, historically.

Negusa seems to defend Hillary! Love or hate Trump, the vast majority of true Republicans do not like Hillary Clinton and think she belongs in prison for what she did. They certainly are not defending Hillary! with DNC talking points.

I didn't support Romney in 2008. I thought he had too many Democrat tendencies for my tastes. But as a Republican, my opinion of what a liar Crooked Hillary is would never change. I wouldn't be defending the FBI because I thought Romney was a RINO. Negusa's logic does not compute.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #499 on: July 18, 2016, 11:10:08 PM »

LMFAO

Don't care. Keep trotting out degenerate moms of dead degenerates. You're on the wrong side of history. Law and order will be restored, and these criminals and thugs will be behind bars or deep in the cold cold ground.

Can we start with the white nationalists in the GOP first? And maybe you?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies