Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:26:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 76
Author Topic: Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 98666 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: July 18, 2016, 11:10:20 PM »

Did this awful convention night really just happen?

please, as if you'd react any other way regardless of what happened.

Trayvon Martin, punk thug, tried beating a mans skull into concrete and got shot for it, they're having the mother that raised this degenerate speak at the Democratic convention. I don't think there's a bigger joke than that...

CactusJack
Rookie
United States

« Reply #501 on: July 18, 2016, 11:14:38 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 11:20:14 PM by CactusJack »

Trayvon Martin, punk thug, tried beating a mans skull into concrete and got shot for it, they're having the mother that raised this degenerate speak at the Democratic convention. I don't think there's a bigger joke than that...

Don't really care. I take responsibility for my own future, my own family, my home, my finances...I'll be fine regardless of who wins. Hillary may win...and maybe this country will (god forbid) continue to tumble down the road to racial strife, as cops continue getting assassinated, as BLM continue to terrorize our cities, as cops continue to be unfairly blamed for trying to enforce law and order. I will be far far away from that.

Blacks overwhelmingly voted for Obama, just like they overwhelmingly will vote for Hillary. Replace Hillary with an Intimate Carbon Rod with a D next to it? Yep...88%. What point are you trying to prove?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #502 on: July 18, 2016, 11:15:41 PM »

Okay then.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #503 on: July 18, 2016, 11:16:39 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 11:22:37 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Sorry, Negusa Nagast, your red roots are showing. A "blue" avatar defending Hillary! Yeah.. I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. Republicans don't spout DNC talking points.

What's with your incessant avatar class warfare? All "red avatars" are hacks, "green avatars" are faux independents, and "blue avatars" that might not be hacks are treasonous and not actually Republicans. I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum care as much as you do about the color of the state they choose.

Even more comically, probably about 1/2 of the "blue" avatars are not voting Republican, while in reality, 85-95% of all Rs will pull the lever for the Republican nominee, historically.

Well, be prepared for a "reality" check this year, when a large portion of Republicans will NOT pull the lever for trump.
They will probably pull the lever for other down-ballot Pubs in their district/state, but not for the orange-haired clown.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #504 on: July 18, 2016, 11:17:30 PM »

Don't really care. I take responsibility for my own future, my own family, my finances...I'll be fine regardless of who wins. Hillary may win...and maybe this country will (god forbid) continue to tumble down the road to racial strife, as cops continue getting assassinated, as BLM continue to terrorize. I will be far far away from that.

Blacks overwhelmingly voted for Obama, just like they overwhelmingly will vote for Hillary. Replace Hillary with an Intimate Carbon Rod with a D next to it? Yep...88%

maybe if people like you in the GOP would stop spewing bs about them and other minorities and we'd be more inclined to vote for Republicans.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #505 on: July 18, 2016, 11:19:58 PM »

Sorry, Negusa Nagast, your red roots are showing. A "blue" avatar defending Hillary! Yeah.. I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. Republicans don't spout DNC talking points.

What's with your incessant avatar class warfare? All "red avatars" are hacks, "green avatars" are faux independents, and "blue avatars" that might not be hacks are treasonous and not actually Republicans. I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum care as much as you do about the color of the state they choose.
I just find it hilarious how some on here claim to be something that they are not.

I never said that "all" red avatars are hacks. There are some that are intellectually honest. They are not going to claim that Trump has no chance in New Hampshire, for example, and are not putting up the same insufferable "Trump is Satan" posts every five minutes.

And then there are those that red avatars show the same scorn and ridicule for because they refuse to coronate Queen Hillary! and support Bernie Sanders instead.

As far as the "greens" go, with few exceptions, they skew left.

Even more comically, probably about 1/2 of the "blue" avatars are not voting Republican, while in reality, 85-95% of all Rs will pull the lever for the Republican nominee, historically.

Negusa seems to defend Hillary! Love or hate Trump, the vast majority of true Republicans do not like Hillary Clinton and think she belongs in prison for what she did. They certainly are not defending Hillary! with DNC talking points.

I didn't support Romney in 2008. I thought he had too many Democrat tendencies for my tastes. But as a Republican, my opinion of what a liar Crooked Hillary is would never change. I wouldn't be defending the FBI because I thought Romney was a RINO. Negusa's logic does not compute.

Romney is more conservative than Trump, making me think you're just attracted to the bigotry.
CactusJack
Rookie
United States

« Reply #506 on: July 18, 2016, 11:22:19 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 11:27:58 PM by CactusJack »

Don't really care. I take responsibility for my own future, my own family, my finances...I'll be fine regardless of who wins. Hillary may win...and maybe this country will (god forbid) continue to tumble down the road to racial strife, as cops continue getting assassinated, as BLM continue to terrorize. I will be far far away from that.

Blacks overwhelmingly voted for Obama, just like they overwhelmingly will vote for Hillary. Replace Hillary with an Intimate Carbon Rod with a D next to it? Yep...88%

maybe if people like you in the GOP would stop spewing bs about them and other minorities and we'd be more inclined to vote for Republicans.

Just because it's not sugar coated and unpleasant to hear doesn't make it BS.

The direction this country is headed in demographically is towards more racial strife, more violence...if Islam is allowed in and allowed too grow unchecked we will have far more terrorist attacks (Europe is ultimately the canary in the coal mine regarding that)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #507 on: July 18, 2016, 11:24:24 PM »

You're kidding right? Well, I hope you have fun with your increasingly white party that will continue to lose elections because it loses more brown folks like me and blacks and Hispanics.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #508 on: July 18, 2016, 11:27:23 PM »

This entire day has been such a turnoff for any reasonably educated and decent Republican.  Can they try any harder to appeal to the uneducated, xenophobic southern hicks?!  Seriously why the heck is some duck dynasty bum on stage?  He needs to take a shower.

Middle America likes Duck Dynasty.

Your definition of "Middle America" is.....'quaint'.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #509 on: July 18, 2016, 11:28:35 PM »

This entire day has been such a turnoff for any reasonably educated and decent Republican.  Can they try any harder to appeal to the uneducated, xenophobic southern hicks?!  Seriously why the heck is some duck dynasty bum on stage?  He needs to take a shower.

Middle America likes Duck Dynasty.

Your definition of "Middle America" is.....'quaint'.

ayy lmao
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #510 on: July 18, 2016, 11:31:45 PM »

So she has a good explanation for being crazy. Doesn't change the facts.
Facts? Were you in the room when Hillary! told her what she did? Seems like you are calling Mrs. Smith a liar.

Good job, you figured it out. She's a liar.
Doubtful. Mrs. Smith lost her son.

Hillary! and Obama had the election at stake.

Who has more motive to lie here?

CactusJack
Rookie
United States

« Reply #511 on: July 18, 2016, 11:32:05 PM »

You're kidding right? Well, I hope you have fun with your increasingly white party that will continue to lose elections because it loses more brown folks like me and blacks and Hispanics.

Ultimately yes, that's where the demographics seem to be headed right? So what's the end game? Let the Democratic party become the party of Islam and BLM and hand outs and violence against cops. Frankly I'd rather lose than incorporate those evil elements.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #512 on: July 18, 2016, 11:34:19 PM »

What the hell? Are you allowed to use forks on your own?
CactusJack
Rookie
United States

« Reply #513 on: July 18, 2016, 11:36:27 PM »

What the hell? Are you allowed to use forks on your own?

Why wouldn't I?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #514 on: July 18, 2016, 11:38:18 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 11:41:15 PM by Seriously? »

I just find it hilarious how some on here claim to be something that they are not.

I never said that "all" red avatars are hacks. There are some that are intellectually honest. They are not going to claim that Trump has no chance in New Hampshire, for example, and are not putting up the same insufferable "Trump is Satan" posts every five minutes.

And then there are those that red avatars show the same scorn and ridicule for because they refuse to coronate Queen Hillary! and support Bernie Sanders instead.

As far as the "greens" go, with few exceptions, they skew left.

Negusa seems to defend Hillary! Love or hate Trump, the vast majority of true Republicans do not like Hillary Clinton and think she belongs in prison for what she did. They certainly are not defending Hillary! with DNC talking points.

I didn't support Romney in 2008. I thought he had too many Democrat tendencies for my tastes. But as a Republican, my opinion of what a liar Crooked Hillary is would never change. I wouldn't be defending the FBI because I thought Romney was a RINO. Negusa's logic does not compute.

Romney is more conservative than Trump, making me think you're just attracted to the bigotry.
It depends what issues matter to you. Romneycare was the blueprint for Obamacare.

Trump is the only one with the guts to call out this country's failed ILLEGAL immigration policy. Romney was practically for amnesty.

Plus, I thought it was idiotic that the Republicans were basically running a hedge fund manager that tore American companies apart and sent them overseas as their candidate of choice coming off of a recession based on shady things the banks did.

That was all I needed to have him not pass my "is voting for Romney worth jury duty" test.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #515 on: July 18, 2016, 11:38:51 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 11:40:57 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

Ultimately yes, that's where the demographics seem to be headed right? So what's the end game? Let the Democratic party become the party of Islam and BLM and hand outs and violence against cops. Frankly I'd rather lose than incorporate those evil elements.

LMAO, are you on drugs? Oh yeah us Muslims are 1% of the population at most, trust me, the Democrats are not gonna become the "Party of Islam" so you can keep that. Something must be done about police brutality, African Americans are unfairly targeted and anyone with half a brain can see that.

Let's have the GOP end game being the party of racists, demagogues and Christian fanatics why don't we?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #516 on: July 18, 2016, 11:42:33 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 11:44:21 PM by Seriously? »

Well, be prepared for a "reality" check this year, when a large portion of Republicans will NOT pull the lever for trump.
They will probably pull the lever for other down-ballot Pubs in their district/state, but not for the orange-haired clown.
I don't think the polling evidence thus far really supports that narrative. Trump is getting at 80-90% of Republican support in most polls.

The only real "reality" check will be whether Republicans (or Democrats for that matter) show up to polls at all. Partisan turnout will determine the POTUS, as always.
CactusJack
Rookie
United States

« Reply #517 on: July 18, 2016, 11:43:08 PM »

LMAO, are you on drugs? Oh yeah us Muslims are 1% of the population at most, trust me, the Democrats are not gonna become the "Party of Islam" so you can keep that. Something must be done about police brutality, African Americans are unfairly targeted and anyone with half a brain can see that.

Let's have the GOP end game being the party of racists, demagogues and Christian fanatics why don't we?

Ok, Wonderful. Thank you. Now let us be. Don't encroach.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #518 on: July 18, 2016, 11:44:43 PM »

Oh piss off. She still lost her son.

No what pisses me off, is not that she is emotional regarding the death of her son in Libya.

What *does* piss me off is that the RNC in an attempt to "slime" Hillary Clinton regarding Libya/Benghazi that there appears to be a completely blind eye when it comes to the death of Americans in Iraq.

I lost a good friend in Iraq, assigned to the Oregon National Guard, who died in combat outside of Taji/Camp Cooke at the hands of a roadside bomb and decisions made by the Bush Administration, not only to go into Iraq, but additionally to use "stop-loss" and not provide uparmored Humvees...

It sickens me that the RNC decided to use this mother's grief to make political points against Hillary Clinton, while not even addressing the real grief that families and friends of those who have fallen in Iraq in order to try to score cheap political points.

If anyone is interested, here is a tribute to my friend from Corvallis/Albany who served his country and died in Iraq, despite his personal reservations about the merits of the mission.

http://thefallen.militarytimes.com/army-spc-eric-s-mckinley/263041

So none of the "chicken-hawks" out there even felt a need to respond to my post, let alone Atlas "Liberal Democrats"....

Sad day for America and the forum when we have multiple pages of discussion regarding a grieving mother who lost a child in Libya, but no interest or even comments regarding the loss of my friend in Iraq.

What could one say, NOVA? You put it very eloquently, and the Li'l virgin neckbeard brownshirts chirping their cultist-like stupidity frankly aren't capable of responding.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #519 on: July 18, 2016, 11:44:46 PM »

exactly how is he "encroaching," CactusJack?
CactusJack
Rookie
United States

« Reply #520 on: July 18, 2016, 11:46:11 PM »

exactly how is he "encroaching"?

meaning keep your BLM, cop shooting, chicago drug murderfest far far away. Go have your wonderful diversity of smiles and sunshine and open borders and trans gay bruce jennerism. Enjoy it. Not for me
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #521 on: July 18, 2016, 11:46:26 PM »

Ok, Wonderful. Thank you. Now let us be. Don't encroach.

Excuse me? ENCROACH? That's the funniest thing I have heard in a while. You're not in a position to dictate to anyone here pal.

CactusJack is the biggest joke I have seen on this forum since Bobloblaw and Curbstomp.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #522 on: July 18, 2016, 11:51:22 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 11:55:36 PM by Alcon »

meaning keep your BLM, cop shooting, chicago drug murderfest far far away. Go have your wonderful diversity of smiles and sunshine.  Enjoy it.

I'm confused by what an educated guy from suburban Florida has to do with any of that.  The proportion of Democrats who support cop-shooting or "Chicago drug murderfests" is very small -- it's odd that you can take that as an indictment of the Democratic Party and yet not turn the same indictment around on the Republican Party, which is also obviously grappling with its fringe right now too.

This is coming from someone who is pretty irritated by the reflexive dismissal of concerns about certain Islamic theology and social justice-y stuff.  Suggesting the Democrats will become "the Party of Islam" is just overtly hackish, and I'm sure on some level you know that.

edit: you added in "gay transgenderism"?  I no longer know what the theme of this list is, besides "things you don't like and think you should be entitled to never be exposed to for some reason"
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #523 on: July 18, 2016, 11:52:52 PM »

meaning keep your BLM, cop shooting, chicago drug murderfest far far away. Go have your wonderful diversity of smiles and sunshine and open borders and trans gay bruce jennerism. Enjoy it. Not for me
Bruce Jenner is a Republican. Just sayin'.

But I agree. As a Republican, I have no desire to watch a minute of the Democrat convention, nor be involved in any of the DNC live threads. It's neither my cup of tea to waste my time watching something for a party I agree little with nor my style to say bad things on a live thread just because I can.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #524 on: July 18, 2016, 11:56:51 PM »

Seriously?, Classic Conservative, bronz-whatever.

You care so much about America and fighting ISIS? Enlist. Tomorrow. You say how important it is to have the Third Gulf War to fight ISIS like Orange Don says? Enlist. Tomorrow. You think it's important to defend America from "Radical Islam", which of COURSE means you believe in carrying the torch yourself rather than by others? Enlist. Tomorrow.

Until then, STFU.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies