Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:42:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 76
Author Topic: Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 98639 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: July 18, 2016, 11:57:00 PM »

exactly how is he "encroaching"?

meaning keep your BLM, cop shooting, chicago drug murderfest far far away. Go have your wonderful diversity of smiles and sunshine and open borders and trans gay bruce jennerism. Enjoy it. Not for me
Bruce Jenner is a Republican. Just sayin'.

But I agree. As a Republican, I have no desire to watch a minute of the Democrat convention, nor be involved in any of the DNC live threads. It's neither my cup of tea to waste my time watching something for a party I agree little with nor my style to say bad things on a live thread just because I can.

I'm not sure I understand why watching your own party's convention is any less of a waste of time, unless we're now calling vacuously pleasing talking points "a good use of time"
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #526 on: July 18, 2016, 11:59:09 PM »

Did this awful convention night really just happen?

please, as if you'd react any other way regardless of what happened.

Trayvon Martin, punk thug, tried beating a mans skull into concrete and got shot for it, they're having the mother that raised this degenerate speak at the Democratic convention. I don't think there's a bigger joke than that...

Don't really care. I take responsibility for my own future, my own family, my finances...I'll be fine regardless of who wins. Hillary may win...and maybe this country will (god forbid) continue to tumble down the road to racial strife, as cops continue getting assassinated, as BLM continue to terrorize. I will be far far away from that.

Blacks overwhelmingly voted for Obama, just like they overwhelmingly will vote for Hillary. Replace Hillary with an Intimate Carbon Rod with a D next to it? Yep...88%

maybe if people like you in the GOP would stop spewing bs about them and other minorities and we'd be more inclined to vote for Republicans.

Just because it's not sugar coated and unpleasant to hear doesn't make it BS.

You're kidding right? Well, I hope you have fun with your increasingly white party that will continue to lose elections because it loses more brown folks like me and blacks and Hispanics.

Ultimately yes, that's where the demographics seem to be headed right? So what's the end game? Let the Democratic party become the party of Islam and BLM and hand outs and violence against cops. Frankly I'd rather lose than incorporate those evil elements.

Did you ever know you are one unapologetically racist SOB? Just sayin'

Nah. No racist every admits it to themselves. It's just MOST of those nigg....um, blacks who are scum.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #527 on: July 19, 2016, 12:00:36 AM »

Trump is the only one with the guts to call out this country's failed ILLEGAL immigration policy. Romney was practically for amnesty.

Yeah, it's not like literally every right-wing politician has been going on about illegal immigration ad nauseam for decades now. Roll Eyes

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What does this mean?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #528 on: July 19, 2016, 12:00:42 AM »

exactly how is he "encroaching"?

meaning keep your BLM, cop shooting, chicago drug murderfest far far away. Go have your wonderful diversity of smiles and sunshine and open borders and trans gay bruce jennerism. Enjoy it. Not for me

OOOHH!!! And a homophobe too. Invariably the type who crys after masterbating to thoughts of men...
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #529 on: July 19, 2016, 12:02:15 AM »

Wow, I just got back and watched a bit of what I missed today, and... all I can say is that I can't believe how far the Republican Party has fallen. I used to just disagree with most of what was said at Republican National Conventions, but this one is turning into a complete train wreck. At least Republicans in 2008/2012 sometimes proposed ideas, rather than repeating empty platitudes, and assuming that saying that Hillary Clinton is a crooked vile demon liar millions of times makes it more true.

NeverTrumpers, I feel for you guys, I really do. I get that you don't feel at home in the Democratic Party (well, most of you Wink ) and you'd feel irrelevant in the Libertarian Party or if you simply became an Independent. I hope that you guys will be louder voices in your party after November, and try to bring back civil discourse. The Republican Party I saw today will only ever hold this country back, and resist progress at any cost.

Even though I'm a Democrat, I recognize that this country won't function with just one party. With a Republican Party as dysfunctional and anti-intellectual as the one we saw today, we're going to have trouble getting anything done. I hope that more level-headed Republicans can try to fight this.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #530 on: July 19, 2016, 12:03:00 AM »

This election is a giant s***show anyways. You have the Republicans and their increasingly fascist views on LGBT rights, Muslims, Hispanics and their hacking foreign policy.

You have Democrats and Hillary Clinton, who is practically oozing of Wall Street, can't be trusted and just overall is a C - tier candidate.

If Bernie were the Democratic nominee, I'd have just voted for him.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #531 on: July 19, 2016, 12:03:55 AM »

OK. I can't take anymore tonight. The idiots abound. In Forum, in Cleveland, and across the country.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #532 on: July 19, 2016, 12:05:01 AM »

Seriously?, Classic Conservative, bronz-whatever.

You care so much about America and fighting ISIS? Enlist. Tomorrow. You say how important it is to have the Third Gulf War to fight ISIS like Orange Don says? Enlist. Tomorrow. You think it's important to defend America from "Radical Islam", which of COURSE means you believe in carrying the torch yourself rather than by others? Enlist. Tomorrow.

Until then, STFU.

He can't, he's literally 14 years old
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #533 on: July 19, 2016, 12:06:24 AM »

Wow, I just got back and watched a bit of what I missed today, and... all I can say is that I can't believe how far the Republican Party has fallen. I used to just disagree with most of what was said at Republican National Conventions, but this one is turning into a complete train wreck. At least Republicans in 2008/2012 sometimes proposed ideas, rather than repeating empty platitudes, and assuming that saying that Hillary Clinton is a crooked vile demon liar millions of times makes it more true.

NeverTrumpers, I feel for you guys, I really do. I get that you don't feel at home in the Democratic Party (well, most of you Wink ) and you'd feel irrelevant in the Libertarian Party or if you simply became an Independent. I hope that you guys will be louder voices in your party after November, and try to bring back civil discourse. The Republican Party I saw today will only ever hold this country back, and resist progress at any cost.

Even though I'm a Democrat, I recognize that this country won't function with just one party. With a Republican Party as dysfunctional and anti-intellectual as the one we saw today, we're going to have trouble getting anything done. I hope that more level-headed Republicans can try to fight this.

Thank you, I agree with everything you say.  It's really shocking that this is the same party from even 4 or 2 years ago.  It's been completely hijacked by the anti-intelligence brigade.  We need a functional 2 party system that is based around idealogy, not race.  The most disturbing part of it all it that we are turning into "The White Party" which is not good for anyone in this country.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #534 on: July 19, 2016, 12:07:55 AM »

Thank you, I agree with everything you say.  It's really shocking that this is the same party from even 4 or 2 years ago.  It's been completely hijacked by the anti-intelligence brigade.  We need a functional 2 party system that is based around idealogy, not race.  The most disturbing part of it all it that we are turning into "The White Party" which is not good for anyone in this country.

The GOP has been like this for the past 14 years, Trump disturbed the hornets nest and brought them all to the light. This is not new.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #535 on: July 19, 2016, 12:08:22 AM »

You care so much about America and fighting ISIS? Enlist. Tomorrow. You say how important it is to have the Third Gulf War to fight ISIS like Orange Don says? Enlist. Tomorrow. You think it's important to defend America from "Radical Islam", which of COURSE means you believe in carrying the torch yourself rather than by others? Enlist. Tomorrow.

Until then, STFU.

Good. Then he can STFU until he can enlist at 17 1/2.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #536 on: July 19, 2016, 12:10:36 AM »

Until then, STFU.

I agree with you Badger, if people want to go to war so badly, register in the military and go fight.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #537 on: July 19, 2016, 12:11:11 AM »

GUYS, JILL STEIN WAS SPOTTED AT THE CONVENTION!!!

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #538 on: July 19, 2016, 12:11:33 AM »

The GOP has been like this for the past 14 years, Trump disturbed the hornets nest and brought them all to the light. This is not new.

No, that wasn't the party of George Bush in 2004.  We were making real progress.  It was a very different message back then.  Things went off the rails starting in 2008 and have only gotten worse.  You were a Republican up until recently so please stop pretending like they were awful all along. You wont win any more Brownie points with the democrats on here for it.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #539 on: July 19, 2016, 12:12:23 AM »

Is it particularly fair to ask someone to serve in the military before commenting on foreign policy, but not to ask people to pay voluntary taxes before they support tax raises?

I know it's part of the spirit of Presidential years, but if someone's views are this offensive, I think it's better to take them on directly instead of attacking them (or their sexual preferences) personally.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #540 on: July 19, 2016, 12:13:27 AM »

She hates Hillary. This was the natural progression.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #541 on: July 19, 2016, 12:15:21 AM »

What a wonderful thread.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #542 on: July 19, 2016, 12:17:28 AM »

Are you sure that's not Joni Ernst from the future?
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #543 on: July 19, 2016, 12:18:07 AM »

Until then, STFU.

Agree, but I think his parents are putting him up to this Grin
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #544 on: July 19, 2016, 12:21:41 AM »

Is it particularly fair to ask someone to serve in the military before commenting on foreign policy, but not to ask people to pay voluntary taxes before they support tax raises?

For this band of keyboard warriors screaming for someone else's kids/parents to go fight the nasty Muslims? Yeah, kinda.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #545 on: July 19, 2016, 12:24:24 AM »

For this band of keyboard warriors screaming for someone else's kids/parents to go fight the nasty Muslims? Yeah, kinda.

Eh, now that I think about it more, you have a point, since we don't have a draft and military service isn't uniformly distributed because of that.  Dumb question on my part -- sorry.
Reginald
« Reply #546 on: July 19, 2016, 01:30:54 AM »

#NeverTrump: We want a roll call vote!
RNC: no lol
#NeverTrump: SHAME! SHAME! Ah well, now that our posturing is taken care of, better enjoy Cleveland while we still c--
Melania: Hey guys

Can't wait for tomorrow now!
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #547 on: July 19, 2016, 02:04:59 AM »

Can someone please sum up what happened ?

I just woke up and didn't watch anything.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #548 on: July 19, 2016, 02:05:25 AM »

Lucky you.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #549 on: July 19, 2016, 02:13:59 AM »

To summarise.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies