Republican National Convention **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:52:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican National Convention **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 100294 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 18, 2016, 11:44:46 PM »

exactly how is he "encroaching," CactusJack?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 11:51:22 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 11:55:36 PM by Alcon »

exactly how is he "encroaching"?

meaning keep your BLM, cop shooting, chicago drug murderfest far far away. Go have your wonderful diversity of smiles and sunshine.  Enjoy it.

I'm confused by what an educated guy from suburban Florida has to do with any of that.  The proportion of Democrats who support cop-shooting or "Chicago drug murderfests" is very small -- it's odd that you can take that as an indictment of the Democratic Party and yet not turn the same indictment around on the Republican Party, which is also obviously grappling with its fringe right now too.

This is coming from someone who is pretty irritated by the reflexive dismissal of concerns about certain Islamic theology and social justice-y stuff.  Suggesting the Democrats will become "the Party of Islam" is just overtly hackish, and I'm sure on some level you know that.

edit: you added in "gay transgenderism"?  I no longer know what the theme of this list is, besides "things you don't like and think you should be entitled to never be exposed to for some reason"
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 11:57:00 PM »

exactly how is he "encroaching"?

meaning keep your BLM, cop shooting, chicago drug murderfest far far away. Go have your wonderful diversity of smiles and sunshine and open borders and trans gay bruce jennerism. Enjoy it. Not for me
Bruce Jenner is a Republican. Just sayin'.

But I agree. As a Republican, I have no desire to watch a minute of the Democrat convention, nor be involved in any of the DNC live threads. It's neither my cup of tea to waste my time watching something for a party I agree little with nor my style to say bad things on a live thread just because I can.

I'm not sure I understand why watching your own party's convention is any less of a waste of time, unless we're now calling vacuously pleasing talking points "a good use of time"
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 12:12:23 AM »

Is it particularly fair to ask someone to serve in the military before commenting on foreign policy, but not to ask people to pay voluntary taxes before they support tax raises?

I know it's part of the spirit of Presidential years, but if someone's views are this offensive, I think it's better to take them on directly instead of attacking them (or their sexual preferences) personally.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 12:24:24 AM »

Is it particularly fair to ask someone to serve in the military before commenting on foreign policy, but not to ask people to pay voluntary taxes before they support tax raises?

For this band of keyboard warriors screaming for someone else's kids/parents to go fight the nasty Muslims? Yeah, kinda.

Eh, now that I think about it more, you have a point, since we don't have a draft and military service isn't uniformly distributed because of that.  Dumb question on my part -- sorry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies