Republican National Convention **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:15:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican National Convention **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 100056 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« on: July 18, 2016, 10:08:13 PM »

Guys Flynn is fine
Honestly the democrat snark on Atlas is becoming nearly unbearable.  I was hoping Atlas would be better for watching the election than the sites I watched it with in '12 and '08, but it's just the same democrats making hollow, snarky, low-investment comments and lack of real discussion.

Might be leaving this site soon, tbh.  It's pretty disappointing.

Lmao
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 10:13:20 PM »

The delegates tried to close the primaries off so that it I more conservative for 2020.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 10:21:20 PM »

Just one day of the RNC sums up why I am no once a Republican. It's turning in a neo-fascist Lilly white cesspool of ignorance
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 10:43:06 PM »

lol black delegates
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 11:06:31 PM »

Did this awful convention night really just happen?

please, as if you'd react any other way regardless of what happened.

Trayvon Martin, punk thug, tried beating a mans skull into concrete and got shot for it, they're having the mother that raised this degenerate speak at the Democratic convention. I don't think there's a bigger joke than that...

LMFAO 
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 11:10:08 PM »

Trayvon Martin, punk thug, tried beating a mans skull into concrete and got shot for it, they're having the mother that raised this degenerate speak at the Democratic convention. I don't think there's a bigger joke than that...

LMFAO

Don't care. Keep trotting out degenerate moms of dead degenerates. You're on the wrong side of history. Law and order will be restored, and these criminals and thugs will be behind bars or deep in the cold cold ground.

Can we start with the white nationalists in the GOP first? And maybe you?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 11:17:30 PM »

Don't really care. I take responsibility for my own future, my own family, my finances...I'll be fine regardless of who wins. Hillary may win...and maybe this country will (god forbid) continue to tumble down the road to racial strife, as cops continue getting assassinated, as BLM continue to terrorize. I will be far far away from that.

Blacks overwhelmingly voted for Obama, just like they overwhelmingly will vote for Hillary. Replace Hillary with an Intimate Carbon Rod with a D next to it? Yep...88%

maybe if people like you in the GOP would stop spewing bs about them and other minorities and we'd be more inclined to vote for Republicans.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 11:24:24 PM »

Don't really care. I take responsibility for my own future, my own family, my finances...I'll be fine regardless of who wins. Hillary may win...and maybe this country will (god forbid) continue to tumble down the road to racial strife, as cops continue getting assassinated, as BLM continue to terrorize. I will be far far away from that.

Blacks overwhelmingly voted for Obama, just like they overwhelmingly will vote for Hillary. Replace Hillary with an Intimate Carbon Rod with a D next to it? Yep...88%

maybe if people like you in the GOP would stop spewing bs about them and other minorities and we'd be more inclined to vote for Republicans.

Just because it's not sugar coated and unpleasant to hear doesn't make it BS.

You're kidding right? Well, I hope you have fun with your increasingly white party that will continue to lose elections because it loses more brown folks like me and blacks and Hispanics.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 11:28:35 PM »

This entire day has been such a turnoff for any reasonably educated and decent Republican.  Can they try any harder to appeal to the uneducated, xenophobic southern hicks?!  Seriously why the heck is some duck dynasty bum on stage?  He needs to take a shower.

Middle America likes Duck Dynasty.

Your definition of "Middle America" is.....'quaint'.

ayy lmao
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 11:38:51 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 11:40:57 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

You're kidding right? Well, I hope you have fun with your increasingly white party that will continue to lose elections because it loses more brown folks like me and blacks and Hispanics.

Ultimately yes, that's where the demographics seem to be headed right? So what's the end game? Let the Democratic party become the party of Islam and BLM and hand outs and violence against cops. Frankly I'd rather lose than incorporate those evil elements.

LMAO, are you on drugs? Oh yeah us Muslims are 1% of the population at most, trust me, the Democrats are not gonna become the "Party of Islam" so you can keep that. Something must be done about police brutality, African Americans are unfairly targeted and anyone with half a brain can see that.

Let's have the GOP end game being the party of racists, demagogues and Christian fanatics why don't we?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 11:46:26 PM »

Ultimately yes, that's where the demographics seem to be headed right? So what's the end game? Let the Democratic party become the party of Islam and BLM and hand outs and violence against cops. Frankly I'd rather lose than incorporate those evil elements.

LMAO, are you on drugs? Oh yeah us Muslims are 1% of the population at most, trust me, the Democrats are not gonna become the "Party of Islam" so you can keep that. Something must be done about police brutality, African Americans are unfairly targeted and anyone with half a brain can see that.

Let's have the GOP end game being the party of racists, demagogues and Christian fanatics why don't we?

Ok, Wonderful. Thank you. Now let us be. Don't encroach.

Excuse me? ENCROACH? That's the funniest thing I have heard in a while. You're not in a position to dictate to anyone here pal.

CactusJack is the biggest joke I have seen on this forum since Bobloblaw and Curbstomp.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 12:03:00 AM »

This election is a giant s***show anyways. You have the Republicans and their increasingly fascist views on LGBT rights, Muslims, Hispanics and their hacking foreign policy.

You have Democrats and Hillary Clinton, who is practically oozing of Wall Street, can't be trusted and just overall is a C - tier candidate.

If Bernie were the Democratic nominee, I'd have just voted for him.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 12:07:55 AM »

Wow, I just got back and watched a bit of what I missed today, and... all I can say is that I can't believe how far the Republican Party has fallen. I used to just disagree with most of what was said at Republican National Conventions, but this one is turning into a complete train wreck. At least Republicans in 2008/2012 sometimes proposed ideas, rather than repeating empty platitudes, and assuming that saying that Hillary Clinton is a crooked vile demon liar millions of times makes it more true.

NeverTrumpers, I feel for you guys, I really do. I get that you don't feel at home in the Democratic Party (well, most of you Wink ) and you'd feel irrelevant in the Libertarian Party or if you simply became an Independent. I hope that you guys will be louder voices in your party after November, and try to bring back civil discourse. The Republican Party I saw today will only ever hold this country back, and resist progress at any cost.

Even though I'm a Democrat, I recognize that this country won't function with just one party. With a Republican Party as dysfunctional and anti-intellectual as the one we saw today, we're going to have trouble getting anything done. I hope that more level-headed Republicans can try to fight this.

Thank you, I agree with everything you say.  It's really shocking that this is the same party from even 4 or 2 years ago.  It's been completely hijacked by the anti-intelligence brigade.  We need a functional 2 party system that is based around idealogy, not race.  The most disturbing part of it all it that we are turning into "The White Party" which is not good for anyone in this country.

The GOP has been like this for the past 14 years, Trump disturbed the hornets nest and brought them all to the light. This is not new.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 12:10:36 AM »

Seriously?, Classic Conservative, bronz-whatever.

You care so much about America and fighting ISIS? Enlist. Tomorrow. You say how important it is to have the Third Gulf War to fight ISIS like Orange Don says? Enlist. Tomorrow. You think it's important to defend America from "Radical Islam", which of COURSE means you believe in carrying the torch yourself rather than by others? Enlist. Tomorrow.

Until then, STFU.

He can't, he's literally 14 years old

Good. Then he can STFU until he can enlist at 17 1/2.

I agree with you Badger, if people want to go to war so badly, register in the military and go fight.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2016, 06:19:48 PM »

And with Trump's nomination, I say good bye GOP.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 06:20:34 PM »

DONALD JRAY TRUMP
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 06:26:37 PM »

So many minorities in the Texas delegation.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 06:32:19 PM »

The just said they all voted for Cruz, the chair says they voted for Trump what?

also 2 delegates in Vermont voted for Paul.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 06:34:14 PM »

I am surprised they let browns speak at the roll call, I can barely understand him.

DONALD JOSH KASASH
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 06:46:48 PM »

Will TRUMP punish the states that didn't vote for him? Seems like he'd do that.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 06:50:19 PM »

LMAO
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 06:52:19 PM »

LOL this music.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 06:57:01 PM »

TFW Kasich beats Rubio.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2016, 07:00:08 PM »

SHAKE YOUR BOOTY.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2016, 07:04:12 PM »

It looks like Donald Trump has just officially won a majority of delegates.

This maybe a silly question, but what if Donald Trump says "Mr. Chairman, delegates. I decline your nomination for President of the United States" during his acceptance speech and just walks of the stage. What would happen? Tongue

Disaster would be averted.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies