Republican National Convention **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:05:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican National Convention **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 100240 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« on: July 19, 2016, 10:13:34 PM »

Wasn't tonight supposed to be about the economy and jobs?

It's pretty fitting. Trump almost never talks about fiscal, monetary, or regulatory policy, and whenever jobs are mentioned its always about how trade deals and immigration steals jobs. That's what this convention seems to be like too, mostly focused on security and nationalism related issues (just a basic "USA USA USA!" will get the crowd riled up like no other).

Trump doesn't know anything about fiscal, monetary or regulatory policy.  I don't think he knows much about trade deals either.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 12:49:51 AM »

Guys Flynn is fine
Honestly the democrat snark on Atlas is becoming nearly unbearable.  I was hoping Atlas would be better for watching the election than the sites I watched it with in '12 and '08, but it's just the same democrats making hollow, snarky, low-investment comments and lack of real discussion.

Might be leaving this site soon, tbh.  It's pretty disappointing.

Buh-bye. Don't let the door hit your neo-Nazi ass on the way out.

Is there anything we could say that would guarantee you'll leave?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 12:53:31 AM »

Political discourse is dead. It's all about empty platitudes and talking about how satanic and deserving of being thrown in jail the other side is. Truly a sad spectacle.

B.S.  Hillary Clinton has given at least one serious and  fairly detailed talk on her economic policy.  It was aired live by CNN but Rapist Trump gave his 'serious' speech about Hillary Clinton on the same day and wasn't covered.

This is just more tiresome false equivalence.  
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 03:10:46 AM »

Political discourse is dead. It's all about empty platitudes and talking about how satanic and deserving of being thrown in jail the other side is. Truly a sad spectacle.

B.S.  Hillary Clinton has given at least one serious and  fairly detailed talk on her economic policy.  It was aired live by CNN but Rapist Trump gave his 'serious' speech about Hillary Clinton on the same day and wasn't covered.

This is just more tiresome false equivalence.  

I never said Hillary Clinton doesn't elaborate on her plans. You misunderstood me. I was talking about how empty this convention has been. It takes two to have discourse.

Sorry!
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 09:42:02 PM »

Looks like Newt knows that Republicans are often the most electorally successful when the electorate is scared sh*tless.

Of all the terrorists attacks he mentioned, only Orlando actually occurred in the United States.  Gingrich literally wants the United States to be the police officer to the world.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 09:42:50 PM »

Gingrich is the best example I can think of of the Dunning-Kruger effect in politics.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 10:08:23 PM »

Anyone who thinks this speech is good needs a brain scan.

Just not from Dr. Ben Carson!
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 10:14:02 PM »

I don't like Pence, but he gives a good speech. He's going to be the automatic frontrunner for 2020.

Yes. Pence, Ryan, Cotton, Cruz will be the talk of 2020 or 2024.

This is silly.  Politics is a 'living' things.  The candidates fro 2020 will be the people who come forward from the 2016 election to 2020.  Those four may be part of them, but not because of anything to this point, with the possible exception of Pence, as he is the Vice Presidential nominee.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 10:17:29 PM »

To idiot Trump supporters speaking tough is the number one qualification required in a President.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 01:14:27 AM »

So not sure if any of y'all have been to Texas, let alone lived in Texas, but Ted Cruz definitely represented  the state and gave a giant "FU" at the RNC,

Not a huge fan of Teddie, but spent four years living in the Great State of Texas, and although I have many issues with the Senator, he basically flipped the bird to the presumptive nominee, and represented the voters of his state.

Here is a song that represents how the vast majority of the citizens think (Dem, Rep, Lib, etc) think about the political system and popular attitudes towards the Federal political system.....

"Screw You we're from Texas" song by a legendary singer-songwriter with a total R&B Riff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-cFtSPIF4Q

#IMWITHGOVERNORJOHNSON

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies