Republican National Convention **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:39:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican National Convention **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 100138 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 18, 2016, 11:27:23 PM »

This entire day has been such a turnoff for any reasonably educated and decent Republican.  Can they try any harder to appeal to the uneducated, xenophobic southern hicks?!  Seriously why the heck is some duck dynasty bum on stage?  He needs to take a shower.

Middle America likes Duck Dynasty.

Your definition of "Middle America" is.....'quaint'.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 11:31:45 PM »

So she has a good explanation for being crazy. Doesn't change the facts.
Facts? Were you in the room when Hillary! told her what she did? Seems like you are calling Mrs. Smith a liar.

Good job, you figured it out. She's a liar.
Doubtful. Mrs. Smith lost her son.

Hillary! and Obama had the election at stake.

Who has more motive to lie here?

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 11:44:43 PM »

Oh piss off. She still lost her son.

No what pisses me off, is not that she is emotional regarding the death of her son in Libya.

What *does* piss me off is that the RNC in an attempt to "slime" Hillary Clinton regarding Libya/Benghazi that there appears to be a completely blind eye when it comes to the death of Americans in Iraq.

I lost a good friend in Iraq, assigned to the Oregon National Guard, who died in combat outside of Taji/Camp Cooke at the hands of a roadside bomb and decisions made by the Bush Administration, not only to go into Iraq, but additionally to use "stop-loss" and not provide uparmored Humvees...

It sickens me that the RNC decided to use this mother's grief to make political points against Hillary Clinton, while not even addressing the real grief that families and friends of those who have fallen in Iraq in order to try to score cheap political points.

If anyone is interested, here is a tribute to my friend from Corvallis/Albany who served his country and died in Iraq, despite his personal reservations about the merits of the mission.

http://thefallen.militarytimes.com/army-spc-eric-s-mckinley/263041

So none of the "chicken-hawks" out there even felt a need to respond to my post, let alone Atlas "Liberal Democrats"....

Sad day for America and the forum when we have multiple pages of discussion regarding a grieving mother who lost a child in Libya, but no interest or even comments regarding the loss of my friend in Iraq.

What could one say, NOVA? You put it very eloquently, and the Li'l virgin neckbeard brownshirts chirping their cultist-like stupidity frankly aren't capable of responding.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 11:56:51 PM »

Seriously?, Classic Conservative, bronz-whatever.

You care so much about America and fighting ISIS? Enlist. Tomorrow. You say how important it is to have the Third Gulf War to fight ISIS like Orange Don says? Enlist. Tomorrow. You think it's important to defend America from "Radical Islam", which of COURSE means you believe in carrying the torch yourself rather than by others? Enlist. Tomorrow.

Until then, STFU.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 11:59:09 PM »

Did this awful convention night really just happen?

please, as if you'd react any other way regardless of what happened.

Trayvon Martin, punk thug, tried beating a mans skull into concrete and got shot for it, they're having the mother that raised this degenerate speak at the Democratic convention. I don't think there's a bigger joke than that...

Don't really care. I take responsibility for my own future, my own family, my finances...I'll be fine regardless of who wins. Hillary may win...and maybe this country will (god forbid) continue to tumble down the road to racial strife, as cops continue getting assassinated, as BLM continue to terrorize. I will be far far away from that.

Blacks overwhelmingly voted for Obama, just like they overwhelmingly will vote for Hillary. Replace Hillary with an Intimate Carbon Rod with a D next to it? Yep...88%

maybe if people like you in the GOP would stop spewing bs about them and other minorities and we'd be more inclined to vote for Republicans.

Just because it's not sugar coated and unpleasant to hear doesn't make it BS.

You're kidding right? Well, I hope you have fun with your increasingly white party that will continue to lose elections because it loses more brown folks like me and blacks and Hispanics.

Ultimately yes, that's where the demographics seem to be headed right? So what's the end game? Let the Democratic party become the party of Islam and BLM and hand outs and violence against cops. Frankly I'd rather lose than incorporate those evil elements.

Did you ever know you are one unapologetically racist SOB? Just sayin'

Nah. No racist every admits it to themselves. It's just MOST of those nigg....um, blacks who are scum.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 12:00:42 AM »

exactly how is he "encroaching"?

meaning keep your BLM, cop shooting, chicago drug murderfest far far away. Go have your wonderful diversity of smiles and sunshine and open borders and trans gay bruce jennerism. Enjoy it. Not for me

OOOHH!!! And a homophobe too. Invariably the type who crys after masterbating to thoughts of men...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 12:03:55 AM »

OK. I can't take anymore tonight. The idiots abound. In Forum, in Cleveland, and across the country.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 12:08:22 AM »

Seriously?, Classic Conservative, bronz-whatever.

You care so much about America and fighting ISIS? Enlist. Tomorrow. You say how important it is to have the Third Gulf War to fight ISIS like Orange Don says? Enlist. Tomorrow. You think it's important to defend America from "Radical Islam", which of COURSE means you believe in carrying the torch yourself rather than by others? Enlist. Tomorrow.

Until then, STFU.

He can't, he's literally 14 years old

Good. Then he can STFU until he can enlist at 17 1/2.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 12:21:41 AM »

Is it particularly fair to ask someone to serve in the military before commenting on foreign policy, but not to ask people to pay voluntary taxes before they support tax raises?

For this band of keyboard warriors screaming for someone else's kids/parents to go fight the nasty Muslims? Yeah, kinda.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 12:10:59 AM »

Guys Flynn is fine
Honestly the democrat snark on Atlas is becoming nearly unbearable.  I was hoping Atlas would be better for watching the election than the sites I watched it with in '12 and '08, but it's just the same democrats making hollow, snarky, low-investment comments and lack of real discussion.

Might be leaving this site soon, tbh.  It's pretty disappointing.

Buh-bye. Don't let the door hit your neo-Nazi ass on the way out.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 10:13:40 PM »

JCL continues to be a gigantic idiot, I see.

The poor thing isn't connected to reality, and hasn't been for a long time.

Almost sad. If he didn't work extra hard at being obtuse.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 10:28:12 PM »

Just like he won the Indiana primary.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 10:35:28 PM »

I despise Cruz with a passion, but that was the best and most coherent speech of the convention so far. Smartest man in the GOP by a mile. Also, dude has balls.

I feel the same way.  I can't stand Cruz, but tonight, he was and alright guy.

No. He was just out bastarding another bastard.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies