Hillary Clinton: Joining A Gang Is Like Having A Family
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:22:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton: Joining A Gang Is Like Having A Family
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton: Joining A Gang Is Like Having A Family  (Read 2702 times)
tallguy23
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2016, 03:40:27 PM »

My brother, a former cop, would agree with this statement. She's explaining the sociology behind gangs.

She's not saying a violent gang is a great thing for people to be a part of.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2016, 03:41:03 PM »

So if this is how you react to Hillary's comment on gangs...how do you react to Trump's comments on "the blacks?"

Or "the gays?"

Or how Mexicans are rapists and murderers?

Or how he might consider a forced government registration of all Muslims in the country?

Or how he WILL order torture on prisoners of war?  Oh, and how he'll order the murders of the innocent family members of our enemies (including children, infants, women, the elderly)?

If this was a Trump quote, you'd have no problem with it.

Just like Trump supporters have no problem with Trump's infidelities, his three marriages, the accusations against him of rape...yet ridicule Bill Clinton for doing more or less the same things (though I don't recall any allegations of raping a 13 year old girl against Bill).

As one former Republican, and current Republican-leaning independent, I have to say: get your head out of your a$$. Donald Trump has you (and the GOP) completely fooled. It's going to end in the party's defeat in November, and permanent downfall. Way to go.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2016, 03:41:49 PM »

I forgot to mention:

How do you feel about Trump's overwhelming support from KKK members, and Neo-Nazis?
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2016, 04:16:10 PM »

She isn't wrong, but would she say that what leads to gangs is the breakdown of the family? Nope. People don't need strong families they need government.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2016, 04:17:09 PM »

I forgot to mention:

How do you feel about Trump's overwhelming support from KKK members, and Neo-Nazis?

This is such a straw man illogical attack. The party of smart people should know better.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2016, 04:19:06 PM »

She isn't wrong, but would she say that what leads to gangs is the breakdown of the family? Nope. People don't need strong families they need government.

Hillary Clinton would be one of the first Democrats to say that, actually. Not that the Democratic Party as a whole is known for giving a sh**t, admittedly.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2016, 04:22:58 PM »

Agreed.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2016, 04:27:25 PM »

I forgot to mention:

By that logic, I am sure Hillary! takes the gang-banger vote. And your point?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2016, 04:29:32 PM »

Stupendous backfire on your thread, Seriously?.
I expect nothing less from a bunch of kool-aid drinking leftists.
kool-aid drinking leftists such as "president johnson", the most mind-numbing sycophant of the stubby-fingered rapist on the entire forum
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2016, 04:32:01 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 04:33:47 PM by Jet fuel can't melt dank memes »

I forgot to mention:

See, 'gang-bangers' are objectionable for primarily apolitical reasons, so winning their vote isn't worrying on a political level. (Same with winning the vote of Hell's Angels, or adulterers, or those guys who hock up phlegm on purpose.) I don't understand how this distinction isn't obvious.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2016, 04:38:02 PM »

I forgot to mention:

See, 'gang-bangers' are objectionable for primarily apolitical reasons, so winning their vote isn't worrying on a political level. (Same with winning the vote of Hell's Angels, or adulterers, or those guys who hock up phlegm on purpose.) I don't understand how this distinction isn't obvious.
Gang bangers are objectionable for apolitical reasons? Seriously? If I had to hazard a guess, they are primarily responsible for the vast majority of the black-on-black crime in this country.

Hillary! should want their vote about as much as Trump should want the votes of the "KKK" and Neo-Nazis. But there's no political test that stops you from voting if you are a non-felon that is a gangbanger, a KKK member or a Neo-Nazi.

Neither Hillary! nor Trump can say, "invalidate the votes of the crazies, please."
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2016, 04:57:49 PM »

What I mean is that, when you think 'gang-bangers', you don't think 'these people are awful because of their politics', which you do think with the KKK and Neo-Nazis.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2016, 05:03:36 PM »

What I mean is that, when you think 'gang-bangers', you don't think 'these people are awful because of their politics', which you do think with the KKK and Neo-Nazis.
Gang bangers are awful because they are actually causing crime, dealing drugs and killing people.

To intimate that the KKK, Neo-Nazis are somehow welcomed members of the Republican Party is ridiculous.

Both are equally as odious.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2016, 05:43:48 PM »

Out of context and blown out of proportion, your speciality.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2016, 05:49:25 PM »

Well great, the Democratic party encouraging young black males to join gangs instead of actually suppporting the family structure.   

This is working out great for the black community.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2016, 05:57:04 PM »

Gang bangers are awful because they are actually causing crime, dealing drugs and killing people.

To intimate that the KKK, Neo-Nazis are somehow welcomed members of the Republican Party is ridiculous.

You didn't answer my question.

How do you feel about Trump being supported by American Nazis, and prominent figures within the KKK?

However dumb an argument you claim that is, it should say something that these two groups overwhelmingly support your candidate. You should look at what issues are causing them to flock to Donald Trump, and ask yourself if you really want to be in favor of those same issues.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2016, 05:58:16 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 06:01:18 PM by Virginia »

Stupendous backfire on your thread, Seriously?.
I expect nothing less from a bunch of kool-aid drinking leftists. But there should be some counter to the 1,000 Donald Trump is Satan posts I see daily on here.

Yeah, because you know so much more than psychologists and professionals in criminal justice. You're just some dude who loves Trump and hates Clinton and is trying to turn a perfectly reasonable statement into some gaffe that helps validate your views.

Really, there's no point in you debating this here. The research says you are wrong, and many people 100x more qualified to comment on this matter say you are wrong. So, you know, again, you're just some dude with an agenda spewing bs.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2016, 06:06:48 PM »

What a sad attempt. Even most Trump supporters aren't this dumb.

What she's saying is that people often join gangs because they look for a sense of community when their own family is broken. For people in this situation society could help by providing positive community settings (you can say that supporting family structures can help, but for people already lacking a family this obviously isn't true).

In fact, pretty much every church works exactly on this principle and all these ex-cons, ex-addicts, etc who reform and join churches usually give testimony amounting to precisely this point.

But I guess it isn't surprising that a Trump supporter can't recognize a trivial fact when presented with it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2016, 06:12:09 PM »

Seriously,
Your entire thread can be defined with one image .....

Seriously?
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2016, 06:23:25 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 06:43:00 PM by Seriously? »

You didn't answer my question.

How do you feel about Trump being supported by American Nazis, and prominent figures within the KKK?

However dumb an argument you claim that is, it should say something that these two groups overwhelmingly support your candidate. You should look at what issues are causing them to flock to Donald Trump, and ask yourself if you really want to be in favor of those same issues.
How do you feel about gangbangers for Hillary? How do you feel about terrorists for Hillary! like the Democrat that gunned down 50 in the gay club in Orlando?

You can't control how people vote and who votes for you.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2016, 06:24:44 PM »

TIL President Johnson, Higgs, and Ted Bessell are "kool-aid drinking leftists."
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2016, 06:31:53 PM »

Well great, the Democratic party encouraging young black males to join gangs instead of actually suppporting the family structure.   

i see your literacy problem hasn't gotten any better.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2016, 01:07:56 AM »

This is exactly the opposite of what she was saying.

But thanks for playing on "DOG-WHISTLE POLITICS!!"
Weiner/Holder
Rookie
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2016, 01:11:05 AM »

Right gangs make the world so much safer for women right?  At least she didn't plagiarize a speech or foot tap in a bathroom stall.  Mitt Romney couldn't even give his dog a bath without a 10 minute smear from the mainstream media yet Clinton gets away with supporting gangs and not protecting information that would've saved many lives.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2016, 01:14:51 AM »

Right gangs make the world so much safer for women right?  At least she didn't plagiarize a speech or foot tap in a bathroom stall.  Mitt Romney couldn't even give his dog a bath without a 10 minute smear from the mainstream media yet Clinton gets away with supporting gangs and not protecting information that would've saved many lives.

That is not how analogies work.  Analogies do not imply that the things being compared are identical in every way.  You must know that, being a human being who's competent enough to start up a computer and login to an internet forum.

Presidential years here are the worst.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies