NMEA: We will not cease our struggle for a more centralized Northern Capital
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:59:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NMEA: We will not cease our struggle for a more centralized Northern Capital
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NMEA: We will not cease our struggle for a more centralized Northern Capital  (Read 2584 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 06:57:11 PM »

YES IT WAS! Do you not understand how IRV works, or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

10 + 8 = 18

10 / 18 = .556 = 56%

56% > 51%

This isn't hard, JCL.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2016, 07:10:30 PM »

Please give this a rest.  The committee has spoken, and the people have spoken.  They want the capital to be in the region's largest city, New York.  That's the same thing some U.S. states have done, despite the city not being central - like Boston.  Besides, the capital of the old Mideast was in Maryland, despite not being central to its population.
I firmly agree. The people have ruled against the return of radicalism. The radicals now have three options: (1)they may go quietly into the night; (2)they may continue to struggle and fight; or (3) they may become productive members of our society, which I believe is right.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2016, 08:02:01 PM »

Please give this a rest.  The committee has spoken, and the people have spoken.  They want the capital to be in the region's largest city, New York.  That's the same thing some U.S. states have done, despite the city not being central - like Boston.  Besides, the capital of the old Mideast was in Maryland, despite not being central to its population.
I firmly agree. The people have ruled against the return of radicalism. The radicals now have three options: (1)they may go quietly into the night; (2)they may continue to struggle and fight; or (3) they may become productive members of our society, which I believe is right.

Radicals?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2016, 09:43:49 PM »

It wasn't a majority vote. Thus it should be contested via referendum between the two highest vote getting cities. NYC and Pittsburgh.

This isn't over. The citizens of the former Mideast deserve equity and respect in this decision. The coast is getting everything it wants in the merger and the western states of the north got nothing. How is that right? It's not. The Coastal parts need to make concessions so the citizens of the Mideastern states partitioned to the north feel like equal partners in the merger.

You don't need a majority of votes to win in IRV.  And the voters have spoken - just like the committee before them, they concluded New York City should be the capital.

I can tell you this - if it is put to the voters again, I, the person who first nominated and voted for Pittsburgh to be the capital, will change my vote to keep the capital in NYC.  Why?  Once the capital is established, it makes little sense to move it.  And I doubt I'm the only one who feels that way.

Once again, the capital of the old Mideast was pretty much on the coast, too - in Maryland.  That the North has a capital on the coast is nothing new.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies