Thoughts on Kasich not attending the GOP convention... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:58:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Thoughts on Kasich not attending the GOP convention... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thoughts on Kasich not attending the GOP convention...  (Read 1045 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« on: July 18, 2016, 07:05:33 PM »

I don't think it has anything to do with "sore loser". I would do the same thing Kasich is doing since I could never in a million years vote for or support a candidate like Trump.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 12:38:21 AM »

I watched most of the Republican debates and early on I thought that Kasich was the sanest of the bunch. If I was Republican I would have voted for him. I actually thought Jeb was going to get the nomination but he sure tanked fast.

Especially since Kasich was always polling ahead of Hillary, I surely thought the voters would embrace him. But no, they went for the carnival act. Shows what I know about that party.

I think Kasich is a very principled man and that's why he could never stand by such a clown as Trump.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 02:07:26 PM »

Seems to me that the GOP candidates who were standing on that stage were coerced into signing the pledge they would support the winner, whoever it was. Even Trump, who did not want to make that commitment, agreed to it eventually, but then later threatened to go out on his own because the "GOP was treating him badly" kind of thing.

Personally I wouldn't hold any of the candidates to that coerced pledge. To me it's a non-issue. So to accuse Kasich of violating his pledge is a waste of time. He has the right to endorse who he chooses, or not to endorse.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 04:30:45 PM »

Seems to me that the GOP candidates who were standing on that stage were coerced into signing the pledge they would support the winner, whoever it was. Even Trump, who did not want to make that commitment, agreed to it eventually, but then later threatened to go out on his own because the "GOP was treating him badly" kind of thing.

Personally I wouldn't hold any of the candidates to that coerced pledge. To me it's a non-issue. So to accuse Kasich of violating his pledge is a waste of time. He has the right to endorse who he chooses, or not to endorse.

Well, I agree that the pledge was a pointless gimmick, and I would have put money on it being broken by somebody at some point (there was absolutely no way Trump was going to support Jeb Bush if he won, and vice versa). I wish politicians would stop doing these kinds of meaningless things, as they just serve to illustrate how completely insane our party politics have become.

I agree with you. It's stuff like this that cheapens the political playing field and which is why so many people are turned off by politics today.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies