Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:25:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization  (Read 4548 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 01:42:31 PM »

You should be more true to the tradition of MA Republicans, who have been some of the best throughout history.
And who are you to tell me what to believe. Your version of the party being the good old boys which my family has also been part of since the 1860's is dead and won't be coming back.
Of course, the GOP of RINO Tom and Classic Conservative is dead. Both visions of it. The GOP is becoming something more akin to a right-wing populist, socially moderate, non-interventionist party. There is no more room for Ted Cruz in the future GOP than there is John Kasich.

The question is, do Ben Sasse and other rising stars in the GOP bench for 2020 decide to get with the changing attitudes of the base, or do they keep delaying the inevitable and keep losing elections?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2016, 01:42:52 PM »

The comment may be technically true (I emphasize "may"), but it has nothing to do with white people being white, nor with Christianity. It might have something to do with Europe having so many small countries over the centuries warring with each other for advantage, and thus there was an incentive to embrace technology to gain an advantage over their immediate and hostile neighbors. Or so I have read.
You say that as if it wasn't true all over the entire world for millennia.  Civilizations in Africa fighting each other had no incentives to embrace technology?  I think the "Eurasia is wide, the Americas and Africa are narrow but tall so plants good at one latitude were not able to spread very far in any direction" excuse for white  tribes being the most successful makes the most sense,

Whites (Western Civilization) was really were not dominant in the way we are discussing until after the end of the Middle Ages. Do you disagree? As nation states began to form, the need to competitive advantage (or at least parity) became ever more pressing. In the Middle Ages, some think the Islamic world was more cultured and advanced (yeah, I know, white - but not Western). I read somewhere that Britain eventually won the footrace, because it could borrow money at lower interest rates than its competitors, due to being an island, and viewed as relatively more stable. Everything is connected to everything else.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2016, 01:48:34 PM »

You should be more true to the tradition of MA Republicans, who have been some of the best throughout history.
And who are you to tell me what to believe. Your version of the party being the good old boys which my family has also been part of since the 1860's is dead and won't be coming back.
Of course, the GOP of RINO Tom and Classic Conservative is dead. Both visions of it. The GOP is becoming something more akin to a right-wing populist, socially moderate, non-interventionist party. There is no more room for Ted Cruz in the future GOP than there is John Kasich.

The question is, do Ben Sasse and other rising stars in the GOP bench for 2020 decide to get with the changing attitudes of the base, or do they keep delaying the inevitable and keep losing elections?
I do agree with you, I do think Cruz has a chance because the party is becoming more of a 'culture wars' party like Pat Buchanan described at his convention speech in 1992. The party is definitely going to become the party of law and order, the working class and much more like a European Nationalist party with a strong and very vocal minority of social conservatives.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2016, 01:58:40 PM »

Whites (Western Civilization) was really were not dominant in the way we are discussing until after the end of the Middle Ages. Do you disagree?
Not at all.  Perhaps even later than that.  We were almost done with them when a bunch of dudes on horses came out of the east and would have changed everything if not for a little dumb luck.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I really don't know enough about this (like that's ever stopped me before!), but I do find it all interesting.  Yes, clearly it's all very interconnected and complicated with a ton of luck mixed in everywhere.  (with the added bonus of a veneer of racism and a think undercoat of potential racism)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2016, 02:08:31 PM »

I do agree with you, I do think Cruz has a chance because the party is becoming more of a 'culture wars' party like Pat Buchanan described at his convention speech in 1992. The party is definitely going to become the party of law and order, the working class and much more like a European Nationalist party with a strong and very vocal minority of social conservatives.

Haha, yeah, so business conservatives, affluent suburbanites AND movement conservatives are not welcome in this new GOP that has already maxed out its White support??

Good luck winning ZERO elections.  Unlucky for you guys, the Democrats don't offer an alternative and "good old boys" aren't going anywhere.  Period.  Donald Trump's GOP fades back where it belongs the second his landslide loss is complete.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2016, 02:16:59 PM »

Hey, Steve King is crazy, but he's speaking his mind. African Americans, Latinos, have contributed to Western Civilization in terms of math, science, culture, music, etc. King is just crazy. I liked how April Ryan of National Urban Radio looked at him. He views Western Civilization as eroding before our very eyes, because he sees people like Barack Obama trying to diminish Western Civilization. Look at what we are seeing in the college atmosphere. Students at Yale University objecting to speaking or learning English. English is now seen as a racist language. That's why King is speaking out. I don't agree with King, but I see where he is coming from.

http://www.independent.co.uk/student/news/yale-university-english-students-urge-department-to-decolonise-white-male-reading-list-a7062031.html
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2016, 02:26:39 PM »

Ugh people need to actually learn theories of history- not just their High School History. People need to read Andre Frank, and understand that Asia ( as others have said on here, especially China) contributed to society. Get rid of your historical lenses people
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2016, 03:42:15 PM »

I could point point out all the ways African and Asian cultures have contributed to society (civil service exams, astronomy, paper, gunpowder, universities, porcelain, Arabic numerals, decimal system, the concept of zero, c-sections, vaccinations, calligraphy, Islamic empires preserved the works of Greece and Rome, algebra, calculating Earth's circumference, categorizing diseases, standardized weights and measures, licenses for doctors, to name a few), but there are a lot. I will point out that the richest (monetarily) man who ever lived was a black Muslim, though.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2016, 03:59:08 PM »

No, we're not moving towards becoming a culture war party. The culture war is over. The culture warriors lost. We're moving towards Pat Buchanan's economic nationalism and America First foreign policy values.

The GOP platform, which this year is the most socially conservative ever, is the last stand. Delegates like Rachel Hoff tried to change this, but her amendments were rejected as Perkins and his ilk tried for the last chance to hold onto the party.

This toxic combination of neoconservatism, social conservatism, and outdated economics has lost the popular vote in three of the last four presidential elections, and when it did get a popular mandate in 2004, it was by the skin of it's teeth. Cruz is nothing more than a post Obama age version of the Bush era GOP.

What the GOP needs is a Nixon like figure who can rebuild the party into a broader coalition that appeals to more than upper-middle class white voters. We need someone who can appeal to working class, blue collar whites with an economic agenda that protects their jobs. We need someone who can reach out, particularly to African Americans, to show that not only does the party of Lincoln believe that their votes matter, but that their lives literally do matter. We need someone who can take this party backwards to our former Republican values while also taking us forward into a century where archaic morals and approaches to most social issues (aside from abortion, which will always be a major issue) to appeal to new generation of voters who don't give a damn about Ronald Reagan's America, because Ronald Reagan's America is as dead as Reagan himself.

My ideal vision of the GOP in the 2030s is something akin to a combination of the Libertarian Party and UKIP. Rand Paul, should he talk more about jobs, trade, immigration, and less about NSA phone spying (which is of course an important issue, just not one to base an entire campaign on), would be a natural fit for this new party. People like Susan Collins, etc, would have room within the party as they already check most boxes but constantly find themselves at odds with the base on trivial issues like transgender bathroom rights. We can become a bigger tent all while purging the filth that has been holding us back for the last decade at the same time.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2016, 04:27:54 PM »

Ugh people need to actually learn theories of history- not just their High School History. People need to read Andre Frank, and understand that Asia ( as others have said on here, especially China) contributed to society. Get rid of your historical lenses people

In the USA the theory of history taught in school is "white people oppress everyone". I mean not that blatant obviously but the idea that our schools teach with a pro western bias is crazy.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2016, 05:14:32 PM »

Yet we brought the mighty Chinese dragon to its knees, and Western hegemony in the world order still exists and is not going anywhere for a while. There is a reason why non-Western countries have adopted so much from the West in the past two centuries with little going in the other direction other than perhaps food and Japanese manufacturing practices. We should celebrate the miracle of Western civilization and our continued dominance in world affairs.

However, Steve King was not asked a question about Western civilization, he was asked a question about the lack of racial diversity among the RNC delegates. Instead of giving a simple answer like "America is a majority-white country", he gave a bizarre answer which could either be interpreted as thinly-veiled racism or simply completely off-topic.

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2016, 08:01:10 PM »

Yet we brought the mighty Chinese dragon to its knees, and Western hegemony in the world order still exists and is not going anywhere for a while. There is a reason why non-Western countries have adopted so much from the West in the past two centuries with little going in the other direction other than perhaps food and Japanese manufacturing practices. We should celebrate the miracle of Western civilization and our continued dominance in world affairs.
Actually, the Chinese Dragon, self-absorbed in the mythology of Chinese exceptionalism, brought itself to its own knees. Even then it took a century or two before the West could take advantage of their navel gazing. "Make China Great Again" would've been an excellent slogan for the Boxer Rebellion.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2016, 10:13:09 PM »

How the hell does this asshat keep winning in an R+4 district?

The PVI is a bit misleading, fundamentally it's a very conservative district that just happens to have Ames attached. When Ames was added, the Democratic floor in the district was raised by a lot. But the Republican floor has always been very high (remember it contains the infamous Dutch country of the northwest), remains so, and most of those Republicans are very conservative. You sort of have a microcosm of that happening in the Sioux City area, it's a swing to D-leaning city, but the Republicans there are quite conservative and not much movement is possible. Throw in some very conservative counties with that and Ames you end up with a district that any Republican can win, even if not by much.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2016, 10:36:01 PM »

However, Steve King was not asked a question about Western civilization, he was asked a question about the lack of racial diversity among the RNC delegates. Instead of giving a simple answer like "America is a majority-white country", he gave a bizarre answer which could either be interpreted as thinly-veiled racism or simply completely off-topic.

Yeah but you look at sports, fashion, language, etc our greatest global exports are African American.  I've never been to a party overseas that had country music blaring.  Without blacks I shudder to think what this place would be like.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2016, 11:26:31 PM »

Haha, yeah, so business conservatives, affluent suburbanites AND movement conservatives are not welcome in this new GOP that has already maxed out its White support??

Good luck winning ZERO elections.  Unlucky for you guys, the Democrats don't offer an alternative and "good old boys" aren't going anywhere.  Period.  Donald Trump's GOP fades back where it belongs the second his landslide loss is complete.

Republicans don't win affluent suburbanites anywhere but the South and the Midwest anymore.

Have you ever been to Boulder? Fairfax County, VA? Marin County, CA? Fairfield County, CT?
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2016, 11:43:40 PM »

Yeah but you look at sports, fashion, language, etc our greatest global exports are African American.  I've never been to a party overseas that had country music blaring.  Without blacks I shudder to think what this place would be like.
Canada.

And black Americans are definitely part of Western civilization. To say they are not is plain racism.

Steve King, man.   Steve King.  We are having a lot of trouble with blue avatars and context tonight.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2016, 11:47:35 PM »

The funny thing is, King had a chance to really go after Hayes and company for playing identity politics and instead chose to do the exact inverse of what they are doing.

Of course, King isn't the brightest crayon in the box, so he wouldn't have smelt the blood in the water anyway.

And what King said wasn't "playing identity politics"? Roll Eyes

How did I know that with our new Stormfront 2.0 lineup there'd be plenty of people apologizing for, if not outright defending King's racism?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2016, 11:52:15 PM »

The funny thing is, King had a chance to really go after Hayes and company for playing identity politics and instead chose to do the exact inverse of what they are doing.

Of course, King isn't the brightest crayon in the box, so he wouldn't have smelt the blood in the water anyway.

How did I know that with our new Stormfront 2.0 lineup there'd be plenty of people apologizing for, if not outright defending King's racism?

I tihnk Sanchez's point is that King did decide to play identity politics...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2016, 12:37:30 AM »

I tihnk Sanchez's point is that King did decide to play identity politics...
That is exactly what I was saying. King literally became what he was complaining about.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2016, 01:13:10 AM »

It would be helpful if more theoreticians of history wrote for the general public and not just other academic historians.
AelroseB

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2016, 05:36:04 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2016, 05:38:26 PM by AelroseB »

It would be helpful if more theoreticians of history wrote for the general public and not just other academic historians.

Unfortunately, that would come with the price of reducing the quality of their texts in question; for all of the didactic value in Barbara Tuchman's novels, they pale in comparison to the (overly-verbose, if not esoteric) works of historians like Oswald Spengler.
AelroseB

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2016, 05:37:54 PM »

Of course, I admit that was a biased comparison.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2016, 06:20:08 PM »

Republicans don't win affluent suburbanites anywhere but the South and the Midwest anymore.

Have you ever been to Boulder? Fairfax County, VA? Marin County, CA? Fairfield County, CT?

You're obsessed with that idea, but it's not true.  I'm currently doing a project mapping the voting of each state's richest and most educated city.  I'm nowhere near done, but I can give you two examples: Romney won the richest city in both CT and NH by a very healthy margin.

I know you're convinced rich, educated White people vote Democrat now, but they just don't.  Period.

The fact that formerly Republican suburban COUNTIES vote Democrat does have to do with Republicans losing ground with SOME affluent suburbanites, but it has at least as much to do with many of those suburban counties being much more racially diverse than they used to be.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2016, 07:22:33 PM »

Okay whatevs, RINO Tom, still doesn't change the fact that your party is now basically the White People's Party and that's not such a great position to be in when that share of the market is getting smaller by the year.

I think I might see you in the photo on the right.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2016, 07:28:29 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2016, 07:31:41 PM by RINO Tom »

Okay whatevs, RINO Tom, still doesn't change the fact that your party is now basically the White People's Party and that's not such a great position to be in when that share of the market is getting smaller by the year.

I think I might see you in the photo on the right.

So just to clarify, you completely backed down from your claim, saying "whatevs" and then proceeded to bring up some completely unrelated (to the topic of how affluent suburbanites vote) strawman that I've never even KIND OF denied?  Then you look to run with that strawman and more or less attempt to insult me by insinuating that I'm White, or is there another reason being in that picture would be bad?  They look very well dressed; the girl dead center looks pretty damn hot, too.

The people on the left side look very professional and nice, too.  I doubt she'd take me, but I wouldn't mind taking front left out for a cup of coffee!

You truly are an insufferable poster.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies