Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:59:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization  (Read 4550 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2016, 07:41:51 PM »

What's wrong with white people?  I mean, there aren't many blacks in the photo, but they only make up ~12%~ of the population and are very Democratic.  Who cares?  Are the same people feigning outrage over this upset that the NBA is so massively over represented by blacks?  Or the NFL?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2016, 07:44:17 PM »

What's wrong with white people?  I mean, there aren't many blacks in the photo, but they only make up ~12%~ of the population and are very Democratic.  Who cares?  Are the same people feigning outrage over this upset that the NBA is so massively over represented by blacks?  Or the NFL?

The Democratic intern class is far more representative of what America as a whole looks like than the Republicans' 99% white intern class.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2016, 07:46:26 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2016, 07:52:05 PM by Brown Line »

What's wrong with white people?  I mean, there aren't many blacks in the photo, but they only make up ~12%~ of the population and are very Democratic.  Who cares?  Are the same people feigning outrage over this upset that the NBA is so massively over represented by blacks?  Or the NFL?

The Democratic intern class is far more representative of what America as a whole looks like than the Republicans' 99% white intern class.

It definitely underrepresents white people and overrepresents blacks based off the photo.  Do I care? No.  Neither are exactly representative, and it doesnt matter.  Just because it's a big group of whites doesnt mean they're any less relevant or deserving of respect

It's strange that you think it's an effective attack to just throw out a picture of white people and say, bad!  If it was the other way around, you would rightly be called a racist.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2016, 07:52:30 PM »

What's wrong with white people?  I mean, there aren't many blacks in the photo, but they only make up ~12%~ of the population and are very Democratic.  Who cares?  Are the same people feigning outrage over this upset that the NBA is so massively over represented by blacks?  Or the NFL?

It definitely underrepresents white people and overrepresents blacks based off the photo.  Do I care? No.  Neither are exactly representative, and it doesnt matter.  Just because it's a big group of whites doesnt mean they're any less relevant or deserving of respect

I didn't say it was perfectly representative. I said it was more representative.

It says a lot about the Republican Party that they are completely lacking in any significant appeal to non-whites and make no effort to do so.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2016, 07:54:43 PM »

How the hell does this asshat keep winning in an R+4 district?

Northwest Iowa is very religiously conservative.  Members of the Dutch Reformed Church are especially numerous; Sioux County may be the most staunchly Calvinist place in the country.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2016, 09:19:51 PM »

Good Lord.  In before Classic Conservative defends this piece of garbage.  If I lived in his district, I'd vote Democrat for the first time in my life in a major election.

Forget my shame he's in my party, he's a disgrace to Americans.
Let me know when you stop being a RINO and come home to the Democratic party where you belong?  Your GOP membership status is literally rino at this point.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2016, 09:55:48 PM »

Good Lord.  In before Classic Conservative defends this piece of garbage.  If I lived in his district, I'd vote Democrat for the first time in my life in a major election.

Let me know when you stop being a RINO and come home to the Democratic party where you belong?  Your GOP membership status is literally rino at this point.

LOL, GMAFB.  Every time Torie, Shadow or Walter Mitty posts one of their economic views, someone posts an "R-NY/FL/MA" avatar.  Centrists have a comically small amount of power in both parties.  Hillary Clinton is a standard liberal; if you want to see how centrists - or more importantly someone with even more liberal views than I have - gain traction in the Democratic Party, look how Chafee and Webb fared.

I'd go so far as to say there are more elected *moderate* Republicans (especially governors) than *moderate* Democrats.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2016, 10:28:38 PM »

I'd go so far as to say there are more elected *moderate* Republicans (especially governors) than *moderate* Democrats.
We all know that. RINOs are endangered, DINOs are extinct.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2016, 10:33:31 PM »

We all know that. RINOs are endangered, DINOs are extinct.

What about John Bel Edwards, Joe Manchin, Joe Donnelly, plus a number of reps like Lipinski, Peterson, Cuellar, etc.?
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2016, 12:09:32 AM »

Sort of misleading because there's only like 5 or so Democratic governors total.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2016, 12:52:25 AM »

LOL, GMAFB.  Every time Torie, Shadow or Walter Mitty posts one of their economic views, someone posts an "R-NY/FL/MA" avatar.  Centrists have a comically small amount of power in both parties.  Hillary Clinton is a standard liberal; if you want to see how centrists - or more importantly someone with even more liberal views than I have - gain traction in the Democratic Party, look how Chafee and Webb fared.

Atlas is a strange place, where they want all moderate Democrats to become Republicans, and all moderate Republicans to become Democrats.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2016, 01:42:36 AM »

Eh, I think posting the R-state.jpg or D-state.jpg avatars is more of a joke about how they don't belong in a certain party as opposed to the fact that they should join the other one (with some exceptions, like Santander.) This can be avoided by using I-state.jpg instead. Wink
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2016, 12:18:48 PM »

Eh, I think posting the R-state.jpg or D-state.jpg avatars is more of a joke about how they don't belong in a certain party as opposed to the fact that they should join the other one (with some exceptions, like Santander.) This can be avoided by using I-state.jpg instead. Wink

But if everybody is an I, the avatars become meaningless. Tongue
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2016, 12:50:49 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2016, 12:53:27 PM by anvi »

Good grief.  King's initial response about the lack of contributions from other "subgroups" was a response to prodding about the relatively small number of non-white delegates on the convention floor.  When pressed on that, he switched to "Western Civilization."  The first response is racial because the prompt was about race.  The second response, when prodded about "white people," is a sadly familiar bias based on the lack of knowledge about other civilizations in general.  Almost everyone who says "western civilization" has "contributed" more than others in any blanket manner has not bothered to study anyone's history outside of Europe and the U.S.  (Just, you know, by the way, Christianity was a originally a "contribution" of Palestinian Judaic culture. Europe appropriate it.)

To be defensive at all about this matter as a representative of the GOP is, even leaving out explicit or implicit bias, is just stupid.  In order to win national elections, now and in the future, they need to win over more voters of diverse ethnic backgrounds, period.  Why not just say "we have to do better and we will"?  King, please go find a department store blue-light special on "clues" and buy as many as you can.  Good grief.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies