Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:21:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization  (Read 4606 times)
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« on: July 19, 2016, 10:36:01 PM »

Ugh people need to actually learn theories of history- not just their High School History. People need to read Andre Frank, and understand that Asia ( as others have said on here, especially China) contributed to society. Get rid of your historical lenses people
Yet we brought the mighty Chinese dragon to its knees, and Western hegemony in the world order still exists and is not going anywhere for a while. There is a reason why non-Western countries have adopted so much from the West in the past two centuries with little going in the other direction other than perhaps food and Japanese manufacturing practices. We should celebrate the miracle of Western civilization and our continued dominance in world affairs.

However, Steve King was not asked a question about Western civilization, he was asked a question about the lack of racial diversity among the RNC delegates. Instead of giving a simple answer like "America is a majority-white country", he gave a bizarre answer which could either be interpreted as thinly-veiled racism or simply completely off-topic.

Yeah but you look at sports, fashion, language, etc our greatest global exports are African American.  I've never been to a party overseas that had country music blaring.  Without blacks I shudder to think what this place would be like.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 11:43:40 PM »

Yeah but you look at sports, fashion, language, etc our greatest global exports are African American.  I've never been to a party overseas that had country music blaring.  Without blacks I shudder to think what this place would be like.
Canada.

And black Americans are definitely part of Western civilization. To say they are not is plain racism.

Steve King, man.   Steve King.  We are having a lot of trouble with blue avatars and context tonight.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies