Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:53:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization  (Read 4612 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 19, 2016, 12:59:14 PM »

The comment may be technically true (I emphasize "may"), but it has nothing to do with white people being white, nor with Christianity. It might have something to do with Europe having so many small countries over the centuries warring with each other for advantage, and thus there was an incentive to embrace technology to gain an advantage over their immediate and hostile neighbors. Or so I have read.
You say that as if it wasn't true all over the entire world for millennia.  Civilizations in Africa fighting each other had no incentives to embrace technology?  I think the "Eurasia is wide, the Americas and Africa are narrow but tall so plants good at one latitude were not able to spread very far in any direction" excuse for white  tribes being the most successful makes the most sense,
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 01:58:40 PM »

Whites (Western Civilization) was really were not dominant in the way we are discussing until after the end of the Middle Ages. Do you disagree?
Not at all.  Perhaps even later than that.  We were almost done with them when a bunch of dudes on horses came out of the east and would have changed everything if not for a little dumb luck.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I really don't know enough about this (like that's ever stopped me before!), but I do find it all interesting.  Yes, clearly it's all very interconnected and complicated with a ton of luck mixed in everywhere.  (with the added bonus of a veneer of racism and a think undercoat of potential racism)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies