Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:11:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization  (Read 4589 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: July 19, 2016, 01:38:32 PM »

The funny thing is, King had a chance to really go after Hayes and company for playing identity politics and instead chose to do the exact inverse of what they are doing.

Of course, King isn't the brightest crayon in the box, so he wouldn't have smelt the blood in the water anyway.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 01:42:31 PM »

You should be more true to the tradition of MA Republicans, who have been some of the best throughout history.
And who are you to tell me what to believe. Your version of the party being the good old boys which my family has also been part of since the 1860's is dead and won't be coming back.
Of course, the GOP of RINO Tom and Classic Conservative is dead. Both visions of it. The GOP is becoming something more akin to a right-wing populist, socially moderate, non-interventionist party. There is no more room for Ted Cruz in the future GOP than there is John Kasich.

The question is, do Ben Sasse and other rising stars in the GOP bench for 2020 decide to get with the changing attitudes of the base, or do they keep delaying the inevitable and keep losing elections?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 03:59:08 PM »

You should be more true to the tradition of MA Republicans, who have been some of the best throughout history.
And who are you to tell me what to believe. Your version of the party being the good old boys which my family has also been part of since the 1860's is dead and won't be coming back.
Of course, the GOP of RINO Tom and Classic Conservative is dead. Both visions of it. The GOP is becoming something more akin to a right-wing populist, socially moderate, non-interventionist party. There is no more room for Ted Cruz in the future GOP than there is John Kasich.

The question is, do Ben Sasse and other rising stars in the GOP bench for 2020 decide to get with the changing attitudes of the base, or do they keep delaying the inevitable and keep losing elections?
I do agree with you, I do think Cruz has a chance because the party is becoming more of a 'culture wars' party like Pat Buchanan described at his convention speech in 1992. The party is definitely going to become the party of law and order, the working class and much more like a European Nationalist party with a strong and very vocal minority of social conservatives.
No, we're not moving towards becoming a culture war party. The culture war is over. The culture warriors lost. We're moving towards Pat Buchanan's economic nationalism and America First foreign policy values.

The GOP platform, which this year is the most socially conservative ever, is the last stand. Delegates like Rachel Hoff tried to change this, but her amendments were rejected as Perkins and his ilk tried for the last chance to hold onto the party.

This toxic combination of neoconservatism, social conservatism, and outdated economics has lost the popular vote in three of the last four presidential elections, and when it did get a popular mandate in 2004, it was by the skin of it's teeth. Cruz is nothing more than a post Obama age version of the Bush era GOP.

What the GOP needs is a Nixon like figure who can rebuild the party into a broader coalition that appeals to more than upper-middle class white voters. We need someone who can appeal to working class, blue collar whites with an economic agenda that protects their jobs. We need someone who can reach out, particularly to African Americans, to show that not only does the party of Lincoln believe that their votes matter, but that their lives literally do matter. We need someone who can take this party backwards to our former Republican values while also taking us forward into a century where archaic morals and approaches to most social issues (aside from abortion, which will always be a major issue) to appeal to new generation of voters who don't give a damn about Ronald Reagan's America, because Ronald Reagan's America is as dead as Reagan himself.

My ideal vision of the GOP in the 2030s is something akin to a combination of the Libertarian Party and UKIP. Rand Paul, should he talk more about jobs, trade, immigration, and less about NSA phone spying (which is of course an important issue, just not one to base an entire campaign on), would be a natural fit for this new party. People like Susan Collins, etc, would have room within the party as they already check most boxes but constantly find themselves at odds with the base on trivial issues like transgender bathroom rights. We can become a bigger tent all while purging the filth that has been holding us back for the last decade at the same time.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 12:37:30 AM »

The funny thing is, King had a chance to really go after Hayes and company for playing identity politics and instead chose to do the exact inverse of what they are doing.

Of course, King isn't the brightest crayon in the box, so he wouldn't have smelt the blood in the water anyway.

And what King said wasn't "playing identity politics"? Roll Eyes

How did I know that with our new Stormfront 2.0 lineup there'd be plenty of people apologizing for, if not outright defending King's racism?

I tihnk Sanchez's point is that King did decide to play identity politics...
That is exactly what I was saying. King literally became what he was complaining about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies