Question for Never Trump Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:22:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Question for Never Trump Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question for Never Trump Republicans  (Read 1923 times)
New_Conservative
United States

« on: July 18, 2016, 10:39:35 PM »

What are you going to do in November? I am out of ideas myself, considering I cannot get behind some principles of the Libertarian ticket (drug decriminalization, foreign policy, etc.). I am considering writing-in a figure like John Kasich, etc, or just leaving that spot blank. Interested in hearing what others are considering. Tonight's convention centered around hate, demagoguery, and fear-mongering and not enough about substance, or a message I'd feel comfortable about rallying around, and made me more enthusiastically against Trump. 
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 11:50:18 PM »

What are you going to do in November? I am out of ideas myself, considering I cannot get behind some principles of the Libertarian ticket (drug decriminalization, foreign policy, etc.). I am considering writing-in a figure like John Kasich, etc, or just leaving that spot blank. Interested in hearing what others are considering. Tonight's convention centered around hate, demagoguery, and fear-mongering and not enough about substance, or a message I'd feel comfortable about rallying around, and made me more enthusiastically against Trump. 

Can we convert you fully over? Many libertarians are split on foreign policy, but Johnson is still wayyyyyy better than the two other criminals you have to choose from now.  Ending the war on drugs is good for everyone, even those that hate drugs and druggies.  It'll put drug cartels out of business.  Marijuana, LSD, and cocaine can all be tested and re-worked for medicinal purposes again.

I don't ever plan on recreational use of drugs but why not make it safer for everyone?

I'm not under the belief that cocaine, heroin and other hard drugs should be decriminalized. Yes, we should treat abusers rather than throw them in a prison cell, but their dealers are clearly a blemish on society.
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 12:38:13 AM »

Can we convert you fully over? Many libertarians are split on foreign policy, but Johnson is still wayyyyyy better than the two other criminals you have to choose from now.  Ending the war on drugs is good for everyone, even those that hate drugs and druggies.  It'll put drug cartels out of business.  Marijuana, LSD, and cocaine can all be tested and re-worked for medicinal purposes again.

I don't ever plan on recreational use of drugs but why not make it safer for everyone?

I'm not under the belief that cocaine, heroin and other hard drugs should be decriminalized. Yes, we should treat abusers rather than throw them in a prison cell, but their dealers are clearly a blemish on society.

I have to be fair, the Johnson ticket has not been advocating the legalization of other drugs, but the rest of the Libertarian Party has been publicly supportive of it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies