Melania Trump plagiarism/rickroll megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:32:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Melania Trump plagiarism/rickroll megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12
Poll
Question: Will this plagiarism scandal have any effect on Trumps poll numbers?
Yes it will go up. He's Teflon for a reason

Yes he will plummet

No. Things stay the same

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Melania Trump plagiarism/rickroll megathread  (Read 13153 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: July 19, 2016, 10:03:32 AM »

I find it amusing people now suddenly care about sexism in politics. I'm getting 2008 flashbacks.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #176 on: July 19, 2016, 10:04:47 AM »

I think that beautiful woman, Melania shouldn't have 'plagiarized' 22 words. It's really not a big deal she didn't directly plagiarize Obama. She used 22 words that Obama used. They should fire the writer though. This is an non-issue that only the liberals are caring about because of the great night yesterday!
That "great night" is why I'm so turned off by the Republican Party.

I'm not some Democratic hack, either. I support school choice, free trade, entitlement reform, and a strong military. I've voted for Republicans, too.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #177 on: July 19, 2016, 10:10:55 AM »

Hillary Clinton is already being blamed for this of course. Someone from Trump's campaign claimed Hillary is threatened by Melania and is trying to destroy her.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #178 on: July 19, 2016, 10:16:06 AM »

I'm pretty sure many Pubbies were calling out Tender and Wulfric for their disgusting language against Hillary many months ago... (i.e. That 'witch')
psychprofessor

« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2016, 10:19:42 AM »

Wow:

Lewandowski: “I think” if Manafort signed off on Melania speech “he will do the right thing and resign” because it’s inexcusable
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #180 on: July 19, 2016, 10:49:25 AM »

I didn't think Trump meant his wife when he said immigrants steal.
i4indyguy
Rookie
United States

« Reply #181 on: July 19, 2016, 10:49:40 AM »

It's definitely plagiarism. What probably happened is she lifted the speech text, sent it to a staffer without letting them know where it was taken from and the staffer just dropped it in there. All of their mistakes continue to be very easily attributable to running an undisciplined and unprofessional campaign.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #182 on: July 19, 2016, 10:52:48 AM »

My fear is that the media will overplay this and Trump's speakers will all pivot to attacking the media for their baseless attacks on innocent Melania. There's only so much spinning the pundits can do when most of the night is taken up by a block of uninterrupted speeches. If each of those speakers plays into the theme of how the media has assaulted a beautiful immigrant woman, this episode could play out quite interestingly. Which, of course, is ridiculous. But I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was a ploy to try and get Trump more sympathy with "the woman vote."
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2016, 11:03:16 AM »

FWIW, even my non-political friends are sharing this. This one might have some staying power.

Agreed. It's all over my Facebook even from friends who pay 0 attention to politics. This will just play to push away the educateds further.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2016, 11:12:07 AM »

Wow:

Lewandowski: “I think” if Manafort signed off on Melania speech “he will do the right thing and resign” because it’s inexcusable

Lewandowski despises Manafort so it's not surprising he's still trying to get rid of him.
jman123
« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2016, 11:39:43 AM »

Thoughts
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2016, 11:43:25 AM »

All I know is that it really seems like she is in on the joke with Donald. Donald's speech takedown of the Republican Party will be great.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2016, 11:51:10 AM »

Nobody will care at the end of the week.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2016, 11:52:56 AM »

After comparing her speech to Michelles, I do feel a little bad for her.  There are definitely some parts of the speech that are VERY similar, but they're such general platitudes and feel good lines that I feel like it could be a coincidence.  IDK
Mallow
United States

« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2016, 11:55:21 AM »

After comparing her speech to Michelles, I do feel a little bad for her.  There are definitely some parts of the speech that are VERY similar, but they're such general platitudes and feel good lines that I feel like it could be a coincidence.  IDK

Holy crap some people are dense... Coincidence? An almost word-for-word plagiarism is not coincidence.

Whether or not Melania had anything to do with the plagiarism is one thing, but to pretend that it wasn't a blatant rip-off is to cover your ears and go "la la la".
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2016, 11:56:59 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2016, 12:25:20 PM by Arch »

The kinds of pictures making the rounds on Facebook at the moment:

and

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2016, 11:57:11 AM »

Holy crap some people are dense... Coincidence? An almost word-for-word plagiarism is not coincidence.

Whether or not Melania had anything to do with the plagiarism is one thing, but to pretend that it wasn't a blatant rip-off is to cover your ears and go "la la la".

I forgive her.  I don't think she even knew what the words meant.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2016, 12:08:39 PM »

The speech itself will have very little effect. What it will do though is show how amateurish Trump's campaign is (whether Melania wrote the speech or somebody else did, someone did not do a proper vetting job). Expect the media to start showcasing this incompetence more and more - that WILL have a negative effect on Trump.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2016, 12:23:05 PM »

This does make Tiffany Drumpf's upcoming speech potentially much more interesting.  Will she free the slaves?  Perhaps share a dream with us?
Best post of the thread.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2016, 12:28:41 PM »

Objectively, even if you think this criticism is unfair, this is going to be perhaps the single thing people remember from this convention, unless, as someone else pointed out, someone does something even more blatant and stupid. This has the potential to put a major dent in the post-convention bounce that Trump was counting on and sets up the Democrats well going into August.

We all know that last one was Ted Cruz.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2016, 12:34:10 PM »

I think that beautiful woman, Melania shouldn't have 'plagiarized' 22 words. It's really not a big deal she didn't directly plagiarize Obama. She used 22 words that Obama used. They should fire the writer though. This is an non-issue that only the liberals are caring about because of the great night yesterday!

I have serious concerns for your mental condition.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2016, 12:38:36 PM »

Lols Vox. Might as well be coming directly from the DNC.

Do you refute the content of the article?
Of course I do. For starters, it's not even close to word-for-word.

The concepts themselves? They are hardly novel in a political speech. I am sure, if you did enough research, you can see that Michelle "plagiarized" those two graphs from some other politician or politician's wife.

I challenge you to tell me that you've never heard those words come out of a politician's mouth other than Michelle Obama or Melania Trump before. Give me a break. This is beyond a joke.

It's good to see all you eager Democrats and "Republicans" on here on the attack though. Your friends at Vox are imploring you to do so....

Must be some good Koolaid at the RNC.  Lol.

The Trump campaign has got a big problem.  I'm a Hillary supporter and I think the Clintons have been unfairly persecuted by Republicans.  But having said that some of their behavior definitely invites scandal.  Just because you support a candidate doesn't been you have to drink every drop of Koolaid.

Lol, the mental gymnastics an otherwise well-read or educated person has to jump through to support Trump's antics would be amusing if they weren't indicative of a scary trend towards anti-intellectualism.

Naw.  Just plain vanilla Koolaid drinking.

Ummm, I'd consider myself a feminist...whatever you say though. Women can be criticized without using 'bimbo'

I bet that quiet little village in Slovenia is looking mighty tempting right about now.  Poor girl got in over her head.  Should have stuck to the original plan.

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2016, 12:43:25 PM »

Well, I actually have no mental disorders or disabilities, so those attacks just came out of left field. The speakers were very good last night, especially Sheriff Clark, Mrs. Smith, Marcus, Rudy and MELANIA! Some went to long especially General Flynn. And they should've put Joni Ernst earlier.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2016, 12:48:46 PM »

Well, I actually have no mental disorders or disabilities, so those attacks just came out of left field. The speakers were very good last night, especially Sheriff Clark, Mrs. Smith, Marcus, Rudy and MELANIA Michelle Obama!

FTFY Wink
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #199 on: July 19, 2016, 01:00:52 PM »

The conspiracy theory being sent to me is that they did this on purpose so there would be lots of media coverage showing Melania and Michelle next to each other in order to subliminally put the idea in our heads about her being First Lady. Thoughts?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies