Melania Trump plagiarism/rickroll megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:10:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Melania Trump plagiarism/rickroll megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will this plagiarism scandal have any effect on Trumps poll numbers?
Yes it will go up. He's Teflon for a reason

Yes he will plummet

No. Things stay the same

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Melania Trump plagiarism/rickroll megathread  (Read 13449 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« on: July 18, 2016, 11:21:10 PM »
« edited: July 19, 2016, 08:44:34 PM by Likely Voter »

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/19/12221566/melania-trump-michelle-obama

Wow. Not completely verbatim but so obviously plagiarized. She spent six weeks to copy someone else's speech? I can't believe I almost fooled myself into thinking anyone with the Trump last name was capable of being a decent person. It's not surprising though, the Trump campaign is so unbelievably lazy.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 11:58:27 PM »

If Trump is truly the "law and order candidate" he needs to disavow of Melania immediately and call for her to be prosecuted. This is infringing on Michelle Obamas intellectual property.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 12:39:05 AM »

Seriously? and all other Crooked Melania apologists, just watch this:

https://twitter.com/mikehearn/status/755260215021432832

No way around it, straight up copying.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 01:05:56 AM »

statement from Trump campaign...
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Very low-energy response, it doesn't address the word for word copying by Crooked Melania. And of course, they don't have the decency to even mention it was Michelle Obama's speech she plagiarized.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 01:18:59 AM »

She's going to get a pass on this because she is a foreigner, (and pretty). She didn't know that what she was doing was wrong....something like this will be the conversation that saves her.

Completely unfair. Sweet innocent Crooked Melania will get off scot free, but if Michelle Obama took a part of Laura Bush's speech the right wing would've her head off for it. I mean she was already getting called awful things and she wasn't a speech stealer.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 08:24:32 AM »

Very classy thread. Atlas doesn't have a misogyny problem; it was just dudeabides Roll Eyes

She's the wife of a presidential candidate. She told Matt Lauer she wrote it herself, with "little help as possible". She blatantly lied. Forgive me if I'm not on the Sympathy for Melania train.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 01:45:55 PM »

Here's the part of this I expected, but still am annoyed about: The media won't call a spade a f***ing spade. From what I've seen this morning to now, CNN and MSNBC have been framing this as "Did Melania take from Michelle Obama's speech?" YES. Why are you even asking? Facts have now become a left and right issue in this country.

I'm not asking for a Melania witch hunt, but I'm sick of this whole "let the viewers decide" crap when it comes to facts. She plagiarized, stop going out of your way to make it seem not that way.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 02:28:29 PM »

Here's the part of this I expected, but still am annoyed about: The media won't call a spade a f***ing spade. From what I've seen this morning to now, CNN and MSNBC have been framing this as "Did Melania take from Michelle Obama's speech?" YES. Why are you even asking? Facts have now become a left and right issue in this country.

I'm not asking for a Melania witch hunt, but I'm sick of this whole "let the viewers decide" crap when it comes to facts. She plagiarized, stop going out of your way to make it seem not that way.

I don't know how true this is but I heard an MSNBC host say that for "legal reasons" they can't call it plagiarism.  She wasn't making a big deal out of it.  It was an off hand remark.  It was like she was about to say plagiarism and stopped and made the remark and continued on.  I thought it was odd.  But Trump is known for claiming he will sue people and it is pretty obvious what Melania did so why even mess with it.  Just play the tape and move on to the discussion part.  We all know what we are looking at.

What are those legal reasons? That Trump might sue for libel or something? Give me a break, FLOTUS could sue Melania if she really wanted to for copyright infringement. This only reinforces the idea that the media loves Trump for ratings and won't tell it like it is. Of course, Trump is aware of this, so he has played the media like a game and knows how to get all this free publicity.

This really is the biggest sin of the media these days, and it really has to do with the media trying to avoid being labeled as liberally biased. If something happens that looks like it will help the Democrats or hurt the Republicans, the media will avoid taking a stance and say everything is 50/50. "Maybe she did plagiarize, maybe she didn't." CNN always does this. We don't have a Murrow or Cronkite who is going to tell it like it is, just loud talking heads and moderators who go out of their way to stay neutral.

Somewhere in the last 20 years, real reporting and journalism went down the tubes. You could look at Fox News, who are the biggest culprits of this, but then CNN decided to hire failed NBC president Jeff Zucker, who said CNN was too liberal, and decided to ratchet up the sensationalism on the channel to a whole new level. They've given a platform to Trump and his surrogates who offer zero analysis or insight, but are just there to be a mouthpiece for him.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 05:50:43 PM »

MSNBC just reported that the speech was written by Matt Scully, but that when he submitted the speech for review, it didn't contain any of the plagiarized portions.

That's why no one was fired! Lyin' Melania was the one who stole it. She needs to be pressured into apologizing.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 02:20:20 PM »

So Melania clearly lied about saying she wrote the speech "with little help as possible". She needs to be grilled for this and has to apologize.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 03:29:52 PM »

Looks as if the staff person, Meredith McIver is actually a made up person. Multiple media outlets now looking into if this person actually exists.

Jesus. What's next, John Miller will be making a speech at the convention? How much deeper can we go into this rabbit hole that they dug themselves?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies