Melania Trump plagiarism/rickroll megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:33:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Melania Trump plagiarism/rickroll megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will this plagiarism scandal have any effect on Trumps poll numbers?
Yes it will go up. He's Teflon for a reason

Yes he will plummet

No. Things stay the same

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Melania Trump plagiarism/rickroll megathread  (Read 13391 times)
psychprofessor

« on: July 18, 2016, 11:28:39 PM »

looks like donald will be on to wife #4 pretty soon
psychprofessor

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 11:36:56 PM »

psychprofessor

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 11:54:04 PM »

Crooked Melania
psychprofessor

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 12:20:01 AM »

Lols Vox. Might as well be coming directly from the DNC.

Do you refute the content of the article?
Of course I do. For starters, it's not even close to word-for-word.

The concepts themselves? They are hardly novel in a political speech. I am sure, if you did enough research, you can see that Michelle "plagiarized" those two graphs from some other politician or politician's wife.

I challenge you to tell me that you've never heard those words come out of a politician's mouth other than Michelle Obama or Melania Trump before. Give me a break. This is beyond a joke.

It's good to see all you eager Democrats and "Republicans" on here on the attack though. Your friends at Vox are imploring you to do so....

Seriously? is having a sad :-(
psychprofessor

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 02:14:26 AM »

Wait our friend here is actually suggesting it was accidental?

If it was an occasional turn of phrase, fine, but complete sentences, even down to the idioms, then it's deliberate.

End of.
Must not be very bright. If I turned that speech in, I would get a 0 and be written up for academic dishonesty, probably even failing the class.

Yes, I give students 0 for less plagiarizing. I wonder what her turnitin score would be? This really should be the final nail in Trump's scampaign.
psychprofessor

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 02:16:48 AM »

Who actually "caught" her?  Did they both copy from a similar source?  Again accusations of plagiarism might be appropriate among partisans but is this really the issue to pursue?  There's plenty of investigation going on with Clinton's e-mails and it's far from over.

When the presumptive nominee's spouse lifts wholesale passages from the current first lady of the united states, yes, that's a major problem that I think most voters would frown upon. Especially since the Trump's have been tremendously ungracious to the Obama's, demanding to see his birth certificate.
psychprofessor

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 03:30:38 AM »

I think Paul Ryan should open a house investigation. Who wrote the speech and when did they write it?
psychprofessor

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 03:59:32 AM »

If something is repeated over and over again and is in the public domain, it is not plagiarism. Both Melania Trump and Michelle Obama likely said the similar things with similar construct to what many, many other politicians have said in the past.

People are talking about a few sentences from two paragraphs in a lengthy speech, which basically state one of the concepts that politicians on either side of the aisle agree upon. I consider what both parties said to be political truisms for any candidate seeking election.

Since it is political stock, speechwriters have a tendency to formulate that particular thought in a similar manner -- almost formalistically.

The words that were written for Michelle Obama were hardly new. They were also likely likewise appropriated from some other speech. This happens all the time in politics.

The fact that the press is making such a big deal over a matter that is trivial is an absolute and complete joke. You probably could go through just about every speech made on that floor on Monday and find one or two paragraphs of those speeches that came from somewhere else.

It's political rhetoric.

As is typical on this forum, there's a knee-jerk overreaction to both the gravity of the alleged infraction and the political impact of said infraction. This is much ado about nothing at the end of the day.

Nah, this is like Rubio's awful debate performance. We saw that on Atlas and knew right away 'uh oh.' This is an 'uh oh' moment that the Trump campaign has to triage before it eclipses the whole convention narrative.
psychprofessor

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 06:51:46 AM »

Manafort on @CNN: "This is once again an example of how when a woman threatens Hillary Clinton, she tries to demean her and take her down.
psychprofessor

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 09:39:25 AM »

this has totally exploded all over the news and social media...this is going to eclipse the convention unless trump does something even more outrageous
psychprofessor

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 10:19:42 AM »

Wow:

Lewandowski: “I think” if Manafort signed off on Melania speech “he will do the right thing and resign” because it’s inexcusable
psychprofessor

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 03:23:09 PM »

Looks as if the staff person, Meredith McIver is actually a made up person. Multiple media outlets now looking into if this person actually exists.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies