Is the Republican Party a White Nationalist Party now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:58:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is the Republican Party a White Nationalist Party now?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Is the Republican Party a White Nationalist Party now?  (Read 2883 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 02:37:05 PM »

LOL, Whites in Philadelphia are at least as racist as Whites in WV; it's really not relevant that they're also liberal...?

gr8 b8 m8

Am I totally misinformed that Whites in inner cities of the East Coast have had a very, very dubious history with race problems?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 02:56:56 PM »

LOL, Whites in Philadelphia are at least as racist as Whites in WV; it's really not relevant that they're also liberal...?

gr8 b8 m8

Am I totally misinformed that Whites in inner cities of the East Coast have had a very, very dubious history with race problems?

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought we were discussing the present day. Next you'll tell me about how virtuous and non racist West Virginia is due to an event from 150 years ago. Roll Eyes
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 04:25:25 PM »

gr8 b8 m8

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought we were discussing the present day. Next you'll tell me about how virtuous and non racist West Virginia is due to an event from 150 years ago. Roll Eyes

And what exactly has changed in this present day?  I've met plenty of racists from big cities.  You act as if being a Democrat is like an automatic not-a-racist card.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2016, 04:45:30 PM »

gr8 b8 m8

And what exactly has changed in this present day?  I've met plenty of racists from big cities.  You act as if being a Democrat is like an automatic not-a-racist card.
That's why I became a Republican. Wink
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2016, 05:13:48 PM »

gr8 b8 m8

Now you're changing the subject. Obviously racism is everywhere. It is also obviously more concentrated per capita in certain areas of the country.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2016, 05:26:40 PM »

gr8 b8 m8

Now you're changing the subject. Obviously racism is everywhere. It is also obviously more concentrated per capita in certain areas of the country.

Now, now; San Francisco still has its redeeming qualities. Wink
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2016, 05:54:37 PM »

gr8 b8 m8

And, if I were to guess, I would say those areas are rural communities and inner cities.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2016, 05:58:41 PM »

gr8 b8 m8

And, if I were to guess, I would say those areas are rural communities and inner cities.
Suburbanites are perfect people who are always right!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2016, 06:14:06 PM »

gr8 b8 m8

Yes, Forsyth County, GA is a beacon of racial tolerance and enlightenment. LOL
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2016, 06:21:49 PM »

The suburbs aren't racist, especially when compared to big cities and very rural areas. Granted, it's not like rural areas and big cities give us much competition in terms of anything.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2016, 08:11:25 PM »

gr8 b8 m8

Suburbs tend to have a different, less overt type of racism - certainly not the type Ice Spear projects onto West Virginians.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2016, 12:27:22 AM »

Sure, but after years of SJW writing articles calling ethnic restaurants (and other silly, harmless crap) cultural appropriation, and now NBPP shooting up cops, let's not pretend the left hasn't been pushing racial strife. White people are perfectly reasonable if they're not feeling constantly under attack by PC culture. The chickens are coming home to roost for us.

I actually agree with you. The SJW nonsense has made Trump possible. Now that real racism is coming out, many people just think people are crying wolf.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2016, 06:00:57 AM »

Oh come on people Trump is not the nominee because some morons wrote ridiculous sh!t on Tumblr.

Please point me to a serious campaign by any liberal movement against eating at ethnic restaurants.
Human
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2016, 07:17:28 PM »

No, but it's headed in that direction.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2016, 08:52:52 PM »

gr8 b8 m8

Yes, Forsyth County, GA is a beacon of racial tolerance and enlightenment. LOL

It is kind of amusing that people think that the suburbs in Jackson, Mississippi and the Bay Area suburbs are even remotely similar in any way.  Not to mention the fact that the majority of Republican primary voters, including Trump voters, lived in suburban areas.  Just not the "upscale affluent educated" areas that people always think of (and many of even those voted for Trump too).
kyc0705

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2016, 07:55:32 PM »

I don't think the party establishment is, but the Trump campaign has certainly moved it in a concerning direction.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2016, 01:49:23 PM »

There are racists everywhere.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2016, 01:04:14 PM »

gr8 b8 m8

Are you really going to sit here and argue that racism in West Virginia is somehow worse than racism in The Holy Democratic Mecha of Boston, Massachusetts? I mean really, it's this type of elitist horsesh**t that has enabled the GOP to take over so many formerly Democratic bastions of the South, and subject a region full of poor people to "Muh trickle-down economics." Instead of promoting racial equality while at the same time supporting economic policies that help both poor blacks and poor whites, we have a nominee that thinks people that make $150K/yr are "middle class." Meanwhile, as you were sitting here crying yourself to sleep over the idea of the first female president, Donald Trump snuck in and convinced many poor white people that their enemy was definitely not the 1%'ers that run the GOP; the same people who pay them $7.25/hr and only give them 25 hours per week, meaning they have to work a second awful job. Instead, he blamed it all not only on immigrants, but on greedy democrats who made over $150 million on speaking fees alone.

How was he able to do such a thing? Oh, that's right, because as it would turn out, Donald Trump is actually at his best when he talks about Hillary Clinton, and avoids pretty much any other topic of conversation. West Virginians and other impoverished southerners might not be so uptight about black people and hispanics if they actually had a party that fought for their situation instead of spitting in their collective faces telling them how racist, and stupid they are. Hell maybe Donald Trump and the Republicans wouldn't be polling 60% in a state that based on demographics should still be a Democratic stronghold, if the Clintonites didn't openly state that they want to take away one of the few major sources of jobs in a state that is already very impoverished in comparison to most parts of the country.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2016, 01:10:16 PM »

gr8 b8 m8

Well that's why the South is racist, right?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2016, 06:57:09 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2016, 07:16:04 PM by IceSpear »

Are you really going to sit here and argue that racism in West Virginia is somehow worse than racism in The Holy Democratic Mecha of Boston, Massachusetts?

Uh...yes?

I mean really, it's this type of elitist horsesh**t that has enabled the GOP to take over so many formerly Democratic bastions of the South, and subject a region full of poor people to "Muh trickle-down economics."

No, that would be racism/sexism/xenophobia/homophobia/other assorted bigotry.

Instead of promoting racial equality while at the same time supporting economic policies that help both poor blacks and poor whites,

Pretty sure we already have a president that does that. Remind me what parts of Obama's economic policy exempt poor whites again? You'll need to let the millions of them in Appalachia that have health insurance for the first time know. They still hate him anyway though, for obvious reasons.

Meanwhile, as you were sitting here crying yourself to sleep over the idea of the first female president, Donald Trump snuck in and convinced many poor white people that their enemy was definitely not the 1%'ers that run the GOP; the same people who pay them $7.25/hr and only give them 25 hours per week, meaning they have to work a second awful job. Instead, he blamed it all not only on immigrants, but on greedy democrats who made over $150 million on speaking fees alone.

LOL, they were already convinced of that back when Donald Trump was a liberal Democrat and Hillary Clinton's speeches hadn't even occured yet. Nice try though. You did hit the mark on xenophobia, but you forgot to mention the racism, homophobia, misogyny, etc.

How was he able to do such a thing?

By appealing to bigotry.

Oh, that's right, because as it would turn out, Donald Trump is actually at his best when he talks about Hillary Clinton, and avoids pretty much any other topic of conversation.

That's funny, I recall him surging due to calling Mexicans murderers and rapists, before he uttered a single sentence about Hillary Clinton. Maybe my memory deceives me...

West Virginians and other impoverished southerners might not be so uptight about black people and hispanics if they actually had a party that fought for their situation instead of spitting in their collective faces telling them how racist, and stupid they are.

So it's not their fault for being racists, it's the Democrats' fault for not catering to their precious racist fee fees. That's some brilliant logic there.

Hell maybe Donald Trump and the Republicans wouldn't be polling 60% in a state that based on demographics should still be a Democratic stronghold, if the Clintonites didn't openly state that they want to take away one of the few major sources of jobs in a state that is already very impoverished in comparison to most parts of the country.

Again with this silliness? Republicans would be polling at 60%+ under any circumstances because the state has changed. He was already doing so before the misinterpreted coal comment was even made. And by the way, Natalie Tennant never made comments like that (in fact, she was even endorsed by the United Mine Workers) and still got thumped by nearly 30 points. Guess that doesn't fit the narrative. By the way, I'm pretty sure a "Clintonite" was the last Democrat to carry your precious West Virginia. Also, St. Bernard was also polling 20+ points behind Trump. I guess he gave some paid speeches I'm unaware of?

Also, I'd just like to point out I find it hilarious that a Bernie Sanders voter who insists the Democrats should be more economically populist is now supporting a libertarian. That was seriously the cherry on top of this entire post. He wants to cut the budget in half, shred the social safety net, and abolish corporate taxes, but at least he didn't give speeches talking about world travel and diplomatic missions to those meanies at Goldman Sachs! LMAO!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2016, 07:00:08 PM »

gr8 b8 m8

Well that's why the South is racist, right?

No?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2016, 07:07:48 PM »

Are you really going to sit here and argue that racism in West Virginia is somehow worse than racism in The Holy Democratic Mecha of Boston, Massachusetts?

Uh...yes?

ayy lmao
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2016, 07:36:30 PM »

Uh...yes?

ayy lmao

I'd ask if you've ever been to West Virginia, but I think I already know the answer and anecdotal evidence is worthless anyway. How about this: According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, there are more racist/Neo-Nazi/KKK hate groups in West Virginia than in Massachusetts despite only having about 1/4 of the population. I know, it doesn't match up with your feels. Facts are stubborn things though.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2016, 07:37:20 PM »

Aren't the most prominent examples of institutionalised racism in cities? I.e. The large metropolitan police forces, the housing departments, the planners etc.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2016, 07:46:12 PM »

Aren't the most prominent examples of institutionalised racism in cities? I.e. The large metropolitan police forces, the housing departments, the planners etc.

Probably because there are more minorities concentrated in cities. It would be more difficult to have documented institutionalized racism in some lily white rural enclave since there's nobody to discriminate against. I'm referring to the racist attitudes of the general populace per capita anyway, not institutionalized racism.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies