George W Bush: I think I might be the last Republican president (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:44:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  George W Bush: I think I might be the last Republican president (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: George W Bush: I think I might be the last Republican president  (Read 2378 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 19, 2016, 04:38:02 PM »

2024/2028: Meet George P. Bush, my nephew and the next Republican President of the United States
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 09:51:12 PM »

Remember when the Democrats were doomed after 2004?
Remember when the Republicans were doomed after 2006/2008?
Remember when the Democrats were doomed after 2010?
Remember when the Republicans were doomed after 2012?
Remember when the Democrats were doomed after 2014?

IceSpear, Republicans have not won the popular vote in presidential elections since 1988. That's a mightily long time. Too long to fathom. And there is no end in site of this electoral drought.

The 2004 election is a special case of a war time president. Where other presidents won landslide victories, GWB only managed to squeak out a win solely dependent on one state and against a very weak opponent.

The reason Republicans do well in midterms is because the voters don't want a total domination by the Democratic Party yet.

Let us not fool ourselves. There are more Democrats in the USA than there are Republicans. This advantage is only going to grow larger.

They did win the popular vote in 2004. But since 1988, that's the only one they've won the popular vote in.

... Since "arbitrary date*", no Democrat has won without someone from the Greater South on the ticket. Obviously if Hillary picks Warren, they're doomed.

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 10:28:55 PM »

Remember when the Democrats were doomed after 2004?
Remember when the Republicans were doomed after 2006/2008?
Remember when the Democrats were doomed after 2010?
Remember when the Republicans were doomed after 2012?
Remember when the Democrats were doomed after 2014?

IceSpear, Republicans have not won the popular vote in presidential elections since 1988. That's a mightily long time. Too long to fathom. And there is no end in site of this electoral drought.

The 2004 election is a special case of a war time president. Where other presidents won landslide victories, GWB only managed to squeak out a win solely dependent on one state and against a very weak opponent.

The reason Republicans do well in midterms is because the voters don't want a total domination by the Democratic Party yet.

Let us not fool ourselves. There are more Democrats in the USA than there are Republicans. This advantage is only going to grow larger.

They did win the popular vote in 2004. But since 1988, that's the only one they've won the popular vote in.

... Since "arbitrary date*", no Democrat has won without someone from the Greater South on the ticket. Obviously if Hillary picks Warren, they're doomed.

I think you mean 1940 actually.

That's an exception because of the fact that FDR had been on a national ticket three times before, obviously. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies