Trump's chances of winning Wisconsin just got lower (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:59:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump's chances of winning Wisconsin just got lower (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump's chances of winning Wisconsin just got lower  (Read 3758 times)
Mallow
United States

« on: July 20, 2016, 08:33:01 AM »

So basically this argument boils down to Mr. Kenobi's lack of understanding of Venn diagrams (about 150 million citizens of the US were born with a penis, and almost 40 million live in California, so clearly it's easier to be born with a penis than live in California, and all people who live in California should easily be able to be born with a penis! Logic!), and his refusal to acknowledge the (well-documented) point made several times in this thread about the frequent challenges of the poor and disenfranchised to come up with all the documents necessary (let alone the cost) to get their photo ID. Instead he resorts to anecdotes, which are the argumentative equivalent of feelings.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 10:50:43 AM »

This issue is so stupid.  As others have said, the government should levy a tax to provide everyone with a free voter ID card and require everyone to show it at the polls in order to vote (while still accepting driver's licenses and passports).  It's amazing this isn't a universally supported idea that literally combat disenfranchisement and fraud at the same time.  Guess some people aren't worried about those two things in reality.

I think most on the "voter ID laws are stupid" side of the argument (myself included) would be all for this, precisely because it wouldn't unfairly disenfranchise poor and minority voters. I agree that this is a no-brainer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies