Why are "small government" conservatives so obsessed with the gays? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:32:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why are "small government" conservatives so obsessed with the gays? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are "small government" conservatives so obsessed with the gays?  (Read 1826 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 20, 2016, 07:52:35 AM »

I can give the small government answer to this. The concept is that the family should be able to look after itself and it's own members and not the state. Homosexual 'marriage' doesn't do anything that Families in general do - it's not self sustaining, you don't have a second generation - so you end up with two older people without younger folks willing to help in. Who do they turn to? The state.

And that doesn't even get into all the assorted health issues - the fact that 80 percent of gonorrhea cases are 2 percent of the population. It makes even less sense to clamp down on smoking but support homosexuality.

Neanderthal thinking.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 08:42:16 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It doesn't help when you're shutting down Catholic adoption agencies.

It also doesn't help if you disallow gays to adopt.
As long as an adult gives the child LOVE and support is what we need.
Straight, gay, black, white, even single parents.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 08:50:20 AM »

No, my argument is that gonorrhea is 80 percent homosexual men. That's a health crisis. That you are arguing against my point indicates your lack of familiarity with the point.

The median site-specific gonorrhea prevalence was 16.9% (range by site: 10.4%–28.1%).
Over the entire population, the rate is about 100 per 100k, meaning that about 1 in 1000 have gonorrhea.
Since the prevalence, according to CDC is now 17 percent on average, that means that the risk is about 170x. And you wonder why small government advocates see an issue?
17 percent of two percent of the population gives us 34 percent. If were' looking at 4 percent, that gets doubled to 68 percent. If it's 5 percent, then you get my 85 percent number.

You have an unusual obsession with gonorrhea.
Other than it is prevalent within the male gay community, and a "health crisis," what is your point ? What exactly are you proposing or advocating ?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies