Would you support National ID cards? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:14:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would you support National ID cards? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Would you support National ID cards?  (Read 1796 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: July 20, 2016, 02:29:04 PM »

No.  In what possible way is that consistent with human freedom?  You shouldn't need an ID except for a particular purpose like if you want to drive.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:18:28 AM »
« Edited: July 22, 2016, 12:22:16 AM by shua »

No.  In what possible way is that consistent with human freedom?  You shouldn't need an ID except for a particular purpose like if you want to drive.
I don't understand how it takes away any freedoms.  Especially if it is just your driver's license, standardized across all the states.  Perhaps it doesn't bother me because I've been carrying a Fed Govt ID card since 1994 and I don't recall it ever taking away any of my freedoms.  I could not get behind forcing them on people that don't want them, but I'm not really seeing the issue, especially if you're already "in the system" with a SS number, drive a car, travel, purchase things with plastic, live a modern life.

If you aren't required to have one, what's the point?  The whole idea is so the government can know who you are and easily keep track of you, isn't it? 

The government has enough ammunition to use against people it finds bothersome, I don't see the need to give it any more.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies