Will Lyin' Ted endorse Trump tonight?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:37:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Lyin' Ted endorse Trump tonight?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Will Rafael Theodore Cruz endorse Donald J. Trump?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Will Lyin' Ted endorse Trump tonight?  (Read 1602 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 12:24:56 AM »
« edited: July 21, 2016, 12:27:02 AM by cinyc »

I find this hard to believe. If he had known, why on earth would be still allow him to speak? He would have to have known the negative media attention this would cause him.

Trump seems to think all publicity is good publicity.  It gets people talking about the convention.  And, to some, makes Trump look like a soothsayer - Lyin' Ted sounds accurate - he broke his pledge.  And if he's right about Lyin' Ted, is he also right about Crooked Hillary?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 12:29:20 AM »

I find this hard to believe. If he had known, why on earth would be still allow him to speak? He would have to have known the negative media attention this would cause him.

Trump seems to think all publicity is good publicity.  It gets people talking about the convention.  And, to some, makes Trump look like a soothsayer - Lyin' Ted sounds accurate - he broke his pledge.  And if he's right about Lyin' Ted, is he also right about Crooked Hillary?

I think that's a stretch of a connection though. I highly doubt this will be viewed as anything but negatively on Trump's behalf.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 12:34:05 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2016, 12:46:52 AM by cinyc »

Trump seems to think all publicity is good publicity.  It gets people talking about the convention.  And, to some, makes Trump look like a soothsayer - Lyin' Ted sounds accurate - he broke his pledge.  And if he's right about Lyin' Ted, is he also right about Crooked Hillary?

I think that's a stretch of a connection though. I highly doubt this will be viewed as anything but negatively on Trump's behalf.

Trump doesn't play by conventional rules.  Would he have preferred an actual full endorsement from Cruz?  Yes.  But the thing Trump understands more than anyone is that drama sells - and every good drama need a villain.  

Act IV will be tomorrow - can Trump unify the divided party and get everyone in the hall on their feet?  Will there be any plagiarism?  Can Trump turn negatives into a positive?  Stay tuned.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2016, 01:43:37 AM »

He "knew" in the same respect that he "knew" the Iraq war would go great, before he "knew" it was a mistake all along.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies