Opinion of Milo Yiannopoulos
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:14:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Milo Yiannopoulos
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Milo Yiannopoulos
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 140

Author Topic: Opinion of Milo Yiannopoulos  (Read 3997 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2017, 03:00:48 AM »

"Hiding behind freedom of speech"

Are you suggesting you don't support his right express his views?

Sorry---- were you talking to me?

If so---- No---- not when it comes to hate speech..... This foreign national has plenty of other outlets to express his repugnant views, and I don't believe that US taxpayers should be paying for this racist arsehole to roam around University Campuses at taxpayer expense.

Sigh, you are probably way too young to remember, but we had a massive explosion of Anti-Semitic, Racist, and Xenophobic violence in the Mid-Late 1980s in the US, which was a direct result of not only domestic funding for the Neo-Nazi Skinhead movement, but additionally from individuals from Germany and elsewhere that deliberately attempted to evade their own Governments laws in order to support organizations with not only rhetorical, but physical blood on their hands as well.

So when I say "hiding behind freedom of speech" (which I don't believe was my actual statement), this is exactly what I mean.

There were many African-American and New Left activists in general, that faced state and Federal charges for "incitement to riot" in the 1960s and early '70s that never said anything halfway as inciting nor offensive as this dude....

Additionally, even if we accept the naive and idealistic belief that "freedom of speech" has historically existed in America, even in the relatively modern era, the fact is that State taxpayer funded Universities (Including UC-Berkeley) have very specific policies regarding standard of student and employee conduct, not to mention explicit prohibitions upon discrimination upon individuals based upon their gender, race, ethnicity, country of origin, religion, sexual orientation, etc....

Sorry, I don't see why this dude who isn't even a student gets a hall pass to spew hatred and violence, and then turns around and claims to be a victim to add some cheese to his wine.....

If you like the guy, that's your business.... put his internet speeches on a 24-7 video loop, check out one of his gigs in a local "comedy club" or your local "alt-right" off-campus underground secret society....

Now regarding "expressing his views", apparently even many of his fellow travelers have now abandoned him, since I guess the advocating sex with minors was a step too far.

I despised the guy well before then, since even reconstructed alt.right Fascism is the same deal, albeit with a more modern and friendlier face that doesn't hate as many different types of people as the older garden school variety.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2017, 06:51:00 AM »

His shtick was just being mean on the internet and say shockingly nasty stuff with self-confidence and a distinct panache in public, right? I don't understand, what is especially impressive about that?
nothing at all.  Nobody ever would have heard of him if a bunch of infants like the poster above me hadn't thrown a hissy fit every time he went somewhere.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2017, 07:01:38 AM »

Mind numbingly boring generic conservative who said the same things 5 years ago in a suit that he does today wearing a twin set and pearls. That he's a 'character' on the right shows how banal the right wing is.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2017, 07:10:01 AM »

His shtick was just being mean on the internet and say shockingly nasty stuff with self-confidence and a distinct panache in public, right? I don't understand, what is especially impressive about that?
nothing at all.  Nobody ever would have heard of him if a bunch of infants like the poster above me hadn't thrown a hissy fit every time he went somewhere.
He'd still be a gamergate star
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2017, 07:15:19 AM »

Americans will eat any old garbage if it is said in a British accent.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2017, 04:06:45 PM »

You'd be amazed how mean-spirited elderly Republican grannies can be. If you think their Milo love is bad then you've heard nothing. I remember 2007 when Obama took off but long before all of them got on to Facebook.

That doesn't answer the question how it makes him impressive. Why isn't the average commentator on Yahoo News or about half of YouTube commentators celebrities now if all it takes to be one is saying the sort of "shocking" things Milo does?
It's just a team building exercise done by a bunch of high school students on some type of leadership retreat: the loudest jock takes command. The same is true on TV. You think they'd make a reality show called "Keeping Up With Sanchez?" No disrespect to Alan Colmes (God rest his soul) but there's a reason Hannity dominated the show.

Milo has monopolized on his repulsive personality. My one and only complaint about the Trumpletariet is the fact that too many are willing to embrace Milo (who I swear is the embodiment of the stereotypical deranged homosexual sadist portrayed by the "Purple Pamphlet" that Bill Young spread here in Florida during the sixties) because of his personality force. If I had Trumps ear and with the election done and over with, I'd love to see him disavow him permanently. Of course now he doesn't have to do that anyway.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2017, 04:08:58 PM »

Seems like a huge attention whore.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2017, 10:20:09 PM »

Thank you very much for your extremely thoughtful and well spoken explanation as to why Milo Y. became a cult celebrity among segments of the alt.right and why he has become so extremely disliked among many other populations.

Your scintillating insight is an inspiration to us all....

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2017, 10:43:34 PM »

You've gone off the rails, haven't you?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2017, 10:56:54 PM »

Proof that you shouldn't worship and enable someone just because they piss off people you don't like.
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2017, 11:00:24 PM »

Proof that you shouldn't worship and enable someone just because they piss off people you don't like.

I'll start worshipping ISIS, they're doing hard work #Resisting Trump and American Imperialism
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2017, 11:10:05 PM »

Outright Kardashian-esque attention-seeking (and monetizing) trash. I'm embarrassed that conservatives embraced this man to the point of inviting him to speak at CPAC just because he said some stuff that made liberals mad. I'm also sick of people being able to get rich and famous just by doing and saying more and more outrageous stuff and staying on the news every day and producing nothing of value to society in the process. The only thing you can do with people like Milo is ignore them.

Conservatives, the enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend! Liberals have good reason for not liking this guy.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2017, 11:12:12 PM »

FF. Not feeling like jumping on the left-wing bandwagon in condemning him. His opponents don't really care about his comments, only about the opportunity to take down a right-winger.

The fact that you view Milo as just being a typical right winger is quite concerning....
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2017, 11:39:06 PM »

FF. Not feeling like jumping on the left-wing bandwagon in condemning him. His opponents don't really care about his comments, only about the opportunity to take down a right-winger.

God you're terrible.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2017, 11:41:08 PM »

Hates himself, so copes by bullying people like him so he'll get acceptance from the parts of society that reject him. He is utter garbage, and a clear psychopath.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2017, 12:23:20 AM »

You've gone off the rails, haven't you?

Apparently Milo is the individual who has totally gone off the rails, likely as a result of an extremely excessive quantity of cocaine and an apparent obsession with 13 year old boys....

youngohioan216
Rookie
United States

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2017, 03:37:29 AM »

I thought he was a freedoms fighter until he revealed himself as a pedo
Now he is a horrible person unless he was really joking
I believe all pedophiles who are proven GUIlty beyond a shadow of doubt should have their nuts cut of
 Milo and pc sjw college liberals
This is why I'm a independent
youngohioan216
Rookie
United States

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2017, 03:41:23 AM »

I was censored I can't say the f word apparently
We're adults or at lest teens who have heard the word before

As long as it's not a hardcore racial slur why are words censored
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2017, 03:43:27 AM »

I thought he was a freedoms fighter until he revealed himself as a pedo
He isn't thought to be a pedophile, he defended someone who could be considered as one

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2017, 09:04:58 AM »

He'd still be a gamergate star
which lasted for 20 minutes and only a handful of nerds cared about it....I'm a nerd/gamer and I never cared, neither did most nerd/gamers I know.  It was one of those issues where, if you didn't come into it already on one side, it was just a confusing mess with no obvious good or bad side.  I still have no idea what the actual issue was and I don't really care to find out, both sides seemed awful.

it's so the website can stay off of filters at schools and such so kids can have access to the data.  You can choose to not like the rule, lots of people in that group, but it doesn't matter.  Not your house, not your rules.
this too
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2017, 09:16:25 AM »

HP Scumbag who is still far less dangerous than the violent thugs trying to burn down anywhere he speaks.
youngohioan216
Rookie
United States

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2017, 08:02:32 PM »

it's so the website can stay off of filters at schools and such so kids can have access to the data.  You can choose to not like the rule, lots of people in that group, but it doesn't matter.  Not your house, not your rules.

Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't realize that. I was on a drunken s***posting spree last night and got mad
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies