Luntz to delegates: GOP has 'lost' the millennial generation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:11:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Luntz to delegates: GOP has 'lost' the millennial generation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Luntz to delegates: GOP has 'lost' the millennial generation  (Read 4776 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 20, 2016, 10:56:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Article
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 11:05:54 PM »

Yep,

Talking about abolishing our national parks, cutting education and acting like our society can do without government isn't playing well. The gop should stop with the anti-government line of backwardness. I say this as someone that voted for George W Bush and McCain.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 11:10:27 PM »

50 years ago the rich paid their taxes, the republican party funded education, infrastructure and put into place common sense regulations. I think the idea that they believe that taking the government out of our society is without merit in our own history. I think this generation is educated enough to understand this nations history and the corporatist in the extreme right don't like that.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 11:13:07 PM »

I'm 28 years old. I'm not going to vote for a party that denies climate change exists, that thinks denying evolution exists is a reasonable position, and that doesn't support civil marriage for all.
The Advocate
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 11:13:29 PM »

I'm absolutely shocked that millennials, the most educated generation in American history, would not be overly joyed by the modern Republican Party. What's not to love about their outright disdain for anything scientific, propaganda of outdated morality constructed upon the foundations of anti-intellectualism and privilege, and willful ignorance and repeated denigration of the difficulties and values of our generation?
evergreenarbor

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: -8.43

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 11:17:02 PM »

I'm absolutely shocked that millennials, the most educated generation in American history, would not be overly joyed by the modern Republican Party. What's not to love about their outright disdain for anything scientific, propaganda of outdated morality constructed upon the foundations of anti-intellectualism and privilege, and willful ignorance and repeated denigration of the difficulties and values of our generation?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 11:17:27 PM »

Well considering how backwards and far-right the party is/has become, it's not surprising that Millennials are like "nope" when presented with their anti-[insert group of people; ex: gay]/climate change denying/trickle down economic platform.

I mean they can win Millennials if they completely change who they are Tongue
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 11:18:01 PM »

Millennials love government. They believe that government can do everything for them. Government can start your car. Need a job? Go sign and apply for a federal government job.
 Pregnant? Ask the government to fund for my child's diaper.  their sugar daddy. Without it, they can't survive in the real world. They don't know anything about self reliance. They think that abolishing capitalism, abolishing banks is a good thing, yet they use smartphones and cell phones. They think that America got what it deserved on 9/11 because America is "racist, sexist, imperalist, and too hyperpatriarchial. I know a LOT of millennials who believe America deserved 9/11. Of course the GOP may lose millennials. Once capitalism is abolished and we have more white shaming shows, we'll see what happens. We have millennials who want government to fund condoms and reparations. Of course millennials love government. Without it,  it shows how empty and talentless they are.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 11:18:42 PM »

I'm 28 years old. I'm not going to vote for a party that denies climate change exists, that thinks denying evolution exists is a reasonable position, and that doesn't support civil marriage for all.

Agreed.

Though we aren't exactly doing ourselves any favors as a generation by picking Bernie Sanders as our apparent standard bearer.  If that's a portent of things to come twenty years down the line, I'm scared.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 11:20:04 PM »

50 years ago the rich paid their taxes, the republican party funded education, infrastructure and put into place common sense regulations. I think the idea that they believe that taking the government out of our society is without merit in our own history. I think this generation is educated enough to understand this nations history and the corporatist in the extreme right don't like that.
You actually have to be responsible for your life, too. I don't know if most Americans want to pick up the tab. Government CAN'T DO EVERYTHING.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 11:20:46 PM »

Millennials love government. They believe that government can do everything for them. Government can start your car. Need a job? Go sign and apply for a federal government job.
 Pregnant? Ask the government to fund for my child's diaper.  their sugar daddy. Without it, they can't survive in the real world. They don't know anything about self reliance. They think that abolishing capitalism, abolishing banks is a good thing, yet they use smartphones and cell phones. They think that America got what it deserved on 9/11 because America is "racist, sexist, imperalist, and too hyperpatriarchial. I know a LOT of millennials who believe America deserved 9/11. Of course the GOP may lose millennials. Once capitalism is abolished and we have more white shaming shows, we'll see what happens. We have millennials who want government to fund condoms and reparations. Of course millennials love government. Without it,  it shows how empty and talentless they are.
Edgy.

I'm sure this will win you votes.
The Advocate
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 11:20:55 PM »

Thank you for demonstrating exactly what I was talking about.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 11:22:32 PM »

This times a thousand. I know they're not issues most people care much about, but for me, it is these exact three issues that best define why I could never support the GOP.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 11:23:12 PM »

I love how absolutely clueless and condescending this argument is! Smiley
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 11:23:21 PM »

Ugh. Yeah, sure, blame the icky liberal brainwashing education system. It's not that education is liberating, and that we're turned off by regressive values, failed economic policies, whining about how America isn't Christian enough, and disdain for all things non-whiteAmerican. Yeah, it's totally those evil liberal professors. And not the fact that your party nominated the most unqualified candidate in American history, who exploits racism, ignorance, anger, and anti-intellectualism to gain votes.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 11:24:29 PM »

Thank you for demonstrating exactly what I was talking about.
I'm not a Republican. I'm an Independent. One thing I admire about the GOP is they promote personal responsibility. Democrats dont.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 11:27:07 PM »

Pregnant? Ask the government to fund for my child's diaper.  their sugar daddy. Without it, they can't survive in the real world. They don't know anything about self reliance. They think that abolishing capitalism, abolishing banks is a good thing, yet they use smartphones and cell phones. They think that America got what it deserved on 9/11 because America is "racist, sexist, imperalist, and too hyperpatriarchial. I know a LOT of millennials who believe America deserved 9/11. Of course the GOP may lose millennials. Once capitalism is abolished and we have more white shaming shows, we'll see what happens. We have millennials who want government to fund condoms and reparations. Of course millennials love government. Without it,  it shows how empty and talentless they are.

Wow... and this is why "ignore" doesn't always work, 'cause when the stupid is that thick, it gets quoted. Actually, pretty sure the poster is just trolling...

Basically that whole post amounted to building an army of strawmen in order to then easily knock them down. Pretty easy to attack your political opponents when you completely misrepresent and fail to understand what they actually stand for, and instead invent a caricature that is so unreasonable as to be completely unbelievable.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 11:28:30 PM »

Some of it is the truth. A lot of millennials believe America deserved terror because of the country's past. Not every millennial loves America. I believe in climate change. I believe that the rich should pay taxes. But what I don't believe in is laziness and the blatant disrespect of the United States military.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 11:29:57 PM »

Some of it is the truth. A lot of millennials believe America deserved terror because of the country's past. Not every millennial loves America. I believe in climate change. I believe that the rich should pay taxes. But what I don't believe in is laziness and the blatant disrespect of the United States military.
Any evidence for this lunacy?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 11:31:50 PM »

Pregnant? Ask the government to fund for my child's diaper.  their sugar daddy. Without it, they can't survive in the real world. They don't know anything about self reliance. They think that abolishing capitalism, abolishing banks is a good thing, yet they use smartphones and cell phones. They think that America got what it deserved on 9/11 because America is "racist, sexist, imperalist, and too hyperpatriarchial. I know a LOT of millennials who believe America deserved 9/11. Of course the GOP may lose millennials. Once capitalism is abolished and we have more white shaming shows, we'll see what happens. We have millennials who want government to fund condoms and reparations. Of course millennials love government. Without it,  it shows how empty and talentless they are.

Wow... and this is why "ignore" doesn't always work, 'cause when the stupid is that thick, it gets quoted. Actually, pretty sure the poster is just trolling...

Basically that whole post amounted to building an army of strawmen in order to then easily knock them down. Pretty easy to attack your political opponents when you completely misrepresent and fail to understand what they actually stand for, and instead invent a caricature that is so unreasonable as to be completely unbelievable.
I'm not a Republican. Never have been. I call both parties out. I'm just saying that millennials can't survive without gov't. They want government so bad. They don't want to grow up like adults and take some responsibility for their lives. You can't have government all the time.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 11:33:24 PM »

Some of it is the truth. A lot of millennials believe America deserved terror because of the country's past.  

Did you see thousands of Millennials chanting and cheering down on 7/11?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 11:34:55 PM »

Some of it is the truth. A lot of millennials believe America deserved terror because of the country's past.  

The damn degenerates clutching their filthy slurpees!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 11:36:37 PM »

I'm not a Republican. Never have been. I call both parties out. I'm just saying that millennials can't survive without gov't. They want government so bad. They don't want to grow up like adults and take some responsibility for their lives. You can't have government all the time.
Yes, actually virtually every adult gets assistance from the government in some way, whether direct assistance or a tax credit.

Then there's the GI Bills, tax credits for marriage, housing tax credits, etc.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 11:36:57 PM »

Maybe the ones born from 1979-1981 in college that year. They're told by professors daily that America is the Satanic Empire. I know what I'm saying. Not every professor and millennial likes America.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 11:37:57 PM »

I never said you were a Republican, so that's yet another strawman. I'm saying that your argument is BS because the premise is false. It's a strawman. You make up sh**tty generalizations based on your "feelings" or your anecdotes, and then rail against those false generalizations as if you're making a point. You're not.

And, back to ignore with you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies