Luntz to delegates: GOP has 'lost' the millennial generation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:06:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Luntz to delegates: GOP has 'lost' the millennial generation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Luntz to delegates: GOP has 'lost' the millennial generation  (Read 4789 times)
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2016, 10:56:45 AM »

I love how the GOP/Conservative plan to win future elections is to call Millennials "entitled, coddled, stupid, vapid, etc"... and then whine when they keep getting their asses kicked among them.

Thanks for the free votes, ya knobs. Real SMRT.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2016, 10:59:36 AM »

I love how the GOP/Conservative plan to win future elections is to call Millennials "entitled, coddled, stupid, vapid, etc"... and then whine when they keep getting their asses kicked among them.

Thanks for the free votes, ya knobs. Real SMRT.

Well, it worked for the poor whites in Appalachia and the South.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2016, 11:05:06 AM »

The first sequence of percussion notes in 'Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)' by Florence and the Machine>The Beatles.

Almost (but nothing ever will) gives Kate Bush a run for her money.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2016, 11:27:04 AM »

I'm 28 years old. I'm not going to vote for a party that denies climate change exists, that thinks denying evolution exists is a reasonable position, and that doesn't support civil marriage for all.

Absolutely, I'm 30.  I can't EVER bring myself to vote for a party whose views on gender, sexuality, basic biology, and science sound consistently like something out of Medieval Europe.

The Republicans have indeed lost the millennials and one day they will pay and pay dearly for that loss.

I'm 39 (Gen-X-lite?) and I agree with all of the above.  It has nothing to do with being young.  It has to do with opening your eyes to a world outside your comfy, white, suburban/small-town bubble.

That said, my wife and nearly all of my friends are millennials.  They are some of the most ethical, compassionate, and motivated people I know.  They are the ones actually questioning our society's norms, dissecting them, and examining the injustices that result from those norms.  Things that make older people very, very uncomfortable.  They will change the country for the better.
Yeah, into white shaming. Are you ashamed of being white? Is whiteness a sin?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2016, 11:28:51 AM »

Millennials love government. They believe that government can do everything for them. Government can start your car. Need a job? Go sign and apply for a federal government job.
 Pregnant? Ask the government to fund for my child's diaper.  their sugar daddy. Without it, they can't survive in the real world. They don't know anything about self reliance. They think that abolishing capitalism, abolishing banks is a good thing, yet they use smartphones and cell phones. They think that America got what it deserved on 9/11 because America is "racist, sexist, imperalist, and too hyperpatriarchial. I know a LOT of millennials who believe America deserved 9/11. Of course the GOP may lose millennials. Once capitalism is abolished and we have more white shaming shows, we'll see what happens. We have millennials who want government to fund condoms and reparations. Of course millennials love government. Without it,  it shows how empty and talentless they are.

I love how absolutely clueless and condescending this argument is! Smiley
Some of it is the truth. A lot of millennials believe America deserved terror because of the country's past.  

Did you see thousands of Millennials chanting and cheering down on 7/11?
Maybe the ones born from 1979-1981 in college that year. They're told by professors daily that America is the Satanic Empire. I know what I'm saying. Not every professor and millennial likes America.

I'm incredibly unpatriotic, but that still doesn't mean that it's OK to kill thousands of innocent people in the name of...well, anything.

I find the assertion that you have to support a country's government in order to care about the lives of its citizens to be deeply offensive.
To a lot of millennials,  they justified 9/11 because it was white financial services professionals. Hardly any blacks or Latinos died there.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2016, 11:29:52 AM »

Millennials love government. They believe that government can do everything for them. Government can start your car. Need a job? Go sign and apply for a federal government job.
 Pregnant? Ask the government to fund for my child's diaper.  their sugar daddy. Without it, they can't survive in the real world. They don't know anything about self reliance. They think that abolishing capitalism, abolishing banks is a good thing, yet they use smartphones and cell phones. They think that America got what it deserved on 9/11 because America is "racist, sexist, imperalist, and too hyperpatriarchial. I know a LOT of millennials who believe America deserved 9/11. Of course the GOP may lose millennials. Once capitalism is abolished and we have more white shaming shows, we'll see what happens. We have millennials who want government to fund condoms and reparations. Of course millennials love government. Without it,  it shows how empty and talentless they are.

Some of it is the truth. A lot of millennials believe America deserved terror because of the country's past. 

Maybe the ones born from 1979-1981 in college that year. They're told by professors daily that America is the Satanic Empire. I know what I'm saying. Not every professor and millennial likes America.

I'm incredibly unpatriotic, but that still doesn't mean that it's OK to kill thousands of innocent people in the name of...well, anything.

I find the assertion that you have to support a country's government in order to care about the lives of its citizens to be deeply offensive.
To a lot of millennials,  they justified 9/11 because it was white financial services professionals. Hardly any blacks or Latinos died there.
How damn dumb are you.  Sick excuses for a human being. 
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2016, 11:32:21 AM »

Pregnant? Ask the government to fund for my child's diaper.  their sugar daddy. Without it, they can't survive in the real world. They don't know anything about self reliance. They think that abolishing capitalism, abolishing banks is a good thing, yet they use smartphones and cell phones. They think that America got what it deserved on 9/11 because America is "racist, sexist, imperalist, and too hyperpatriarchial. I know a LOT of millennials who believe America deserved 9/11. Of course the GOP may lose millennials. Once capitalism is abolished and we have more white shaming shows, we'll see what happens. We have millennials who want government to fund condoms and reparations. Of course millennials love government. Without it,  it shows how empty and talentless they are.

I'm talking the truth. There's a lot of white shaming going around in the Western world.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2016, 11:33:06 AM »

I'm talking the truth. There's a lot of white shaming going around in the Western world.
The only shaming I see is the one that you deserve. 
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2016, 11:36:14 AM »

You're talking bull$*!t. You seem to have come up with a caricature of what you perceive the worst qualities of millennials to be and accepted it as the average Millennial.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2016, 11:39:37 AM »

You're talking bull$*!t. You seem to have come up with a caricature of what you perceive the worst qualities of millennials to be and accepted it as the average Millennial.
I'm not a hater. I have to call out things when I see it. A lot of millennials are favoring outside enemies.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2016, 11:40:15 AM »

Pregnant? Ask the government to fund for my child's diaper.  their sugar daddy. Without it, they can't survive in the real world. They don't know anything about self reliance. They think that abolishing capitalism, abolishing banks is a good thing, yet they use smartphones and cell phones. They think that America got what it deserved on 9/11 because America is "racist, sexist, imperalist, and too hyperpatriarchial. I know a LOT of millennials who believe America deserved 9/11. Of course the GOP may lose millennials. Once capitalism is abolished and we have more white shaming shows, we'll see what happens. We have millennials who want government to fund condoms and reparations. Of course millennials love government. Without it,  it shows how empty and talentless they are.

Wow... and this is why "ignore" doesn't always work, 'cause when the stupid is that thick, it gets quoted. Actually, pretty sure the poster is just trolling...

Basically that whole post amounted to building an army of strawmen in order to then easily knock them down. Pretty easy to attack your political opponents when you completely misrepresent and fail to understand what they actually stand for, and instead invent a caricature that is so unreasonable as to be completely unbelievable.

Coudn't have said it better.  The guy posts some sick stuff.
jollyschwa
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -9.04

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2016, 11:40:20 AM »

[/quote] I'm talking the truth. There's a lot of white shaming going around in the Western world.
[/quote]

Only the truth as you see it.  Maybe you're feeling guilty about something and can't admit it to yourself.  Maybe your one of those people that hide your racist feelings behind defending some bullsh**t fake attacks on your "people".
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2016, 11:40:20 AM »

9/11 was the formative experience for our generation; everyone without a serious mental illness agrees it was a national shock and tragedy.

The only person my age I've ever heard say things to the effect that America deserved 9/11 was a visiting Iranian student.

(I'm not sure if the same is true of the next generation, those born in say, 1996 or later, who were 5 or younger when it happened.  Only the first few years of that cohort is eligible to vote this year, though.)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2016, 11:41:29 AM »

I'm not sick. I'm speaking the truth. Some millennials despise this country. Why they're allowed to serve in the military, is beyond me. I have to speak my mind.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2016, 11:41:56 AM »

Wow,   this thread is kinda like reading someone rant about a hated ex or something.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2016, 11:52:03 AM »

[/quote]

Only the truth as you see it.  Maybe you're feeling guilty about something and can't admit it to yourself.  Maybe your one of those people that hide your racist feelings behind defending some bullsh**t fake attacks on your "people".
[/quote] I'm not a bigot. I don't do bigotry. You can't deny that white shaming exists.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2016, 11:58:52 AM »

I just don't trust some millennials. Some are good people. Its just that some of them are on the side of America's international enemies. Some of the colleges show it every day.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2016, 12:02:15 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell 911 has to do with race?  This is so bizarre.

Does anyone know this bronz4141 in real life?  Is he okay?  I don't want to just make fun of him if he is someone with serious stuff going on and needs help.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2016, 12:04:17 PM »

Guys, bronz is a troll.
jollyschwa
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -9.04

« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2016, 12:06:38 PM »

[/quote] I'm not a bigot. I don't do bigotry. You can't deny that white shaming exists.
[/quote]

I can deny it, and I am denying it.  I'm white and don't feel it.  Maybe you do, and maybe it's because you feel guilty about something.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2016, 12:08:05 PM »

I'm not a troll. I have to speak up for this country when it's being torn down.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2016, 12:11:03 PM »

I'm not a bigot. I don't do bigotry. You can't deny that white shaming exists.
[/quote]

I can deny it, and I am denying it.  I'm white and don't feel it.  Maybe you do, and maybe it's because you feel guilty about something.
[/quote] President Obama and some Democrats do it a lot. I have to speak up for this country. It cannot continue to happen.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2016, 12:21:36 PM »

It's always amusing to read generalizations about millennials from baby boomers when they're the most entitled generation that sucks the most government benefits. Many in the generation have spent and lived far outside their income and are getting to the point where they can't sustain it any more as they begin to retire. No financial savings tucked away, will be almost completely reliant on social security and other benefits and sucks but tax writeoffs and credits too.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2016, 12:26:08 PM »

It's always amusing to read generalizations about millennials from baby boomers when they're the most entitled generation that sucks the most government benefits. Many in the generation have spent and lived far outside their income and are getting to the point where they can't sustain it any more as they begin to retire. No financial savings tucked away, will be almost completely reliant on social security and other benefits and sucks but tax writeoffs and credits too.

Preach.

Worst generation ever.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2016, 12:30:55 PM »

I'm not feeling well. I need to take a few hours off.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies