Luntz to delegates: GOP has 'lost' the millennial generation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:04:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Luntz to delegates: GOP has 'lost' the millennial generation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Luntz to delegates: GOP has 'lost' the millennial generation  (Read 4924 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: July 21, 2016, 12:32:03 AM »
« edited: July 21, 2016, 12:35:43 AM by Jet fuel can't melt dank memes »

I was born in 1993, and I'd actually dearly like to be able to live independently (not so much because MUST ~LEAVE THE NEST~ TO ~BE A GROWN-UP~, MULTIGENERATIONAL HOUSEHOLDS ARE FOR BROWNS AND POORS, but rather just because it'd be nice to have the option). I'd like to have a not-super-fantabulous-but-decent-and-stable job. I'd like to (and still foolishly hold out some probably-false hope of being able to) get married relatively young rather than riding the carousel of depressing failed relationships until I'm thirty or thirty-five. I'd really, really, really like it if all of that were possible for me. So would many, many of my friends.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 01:03:15 AM »

Can I just say, and this is strictly opinion of course...that thus far the output of millennials compared to other generations in regards to the arts, literature, music, film is relatively poor and will not stand the test of time as with previous generations.

I just don't see the creativity. Every generation leaves something lasting and legendary, but I feel that millennials are going to leave less than most others.

Maybe it will change, who knows. There is plenty of time. But I don't feel overly optimistic as of now.

Millennials are, by definition, young.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 01:11:58 AM »

The first sequence of percussion notes in 'Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)' by Florence and the Machine>The Beatles.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 01:22:35 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2016, 01:25:12 AM by Jet fuel can't melt dank memes »

The first sequence of percussion notes in 'Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)' by Florence and the Machine>The Beatles.

yes, sure. of course

yep I was right. They're hopeless.

Just because we're willing to make jokes about the unassailable icons of whatever generation it is you are, or (God forbid!) actually be emotionally prepared to reassess those icons downwards if the situation calls for it, that does not make us 'hopeless'. I'd suggest you be more willing to recognize and accept these kinds of jokes and reassessments, lest being really into the Beatles take on the same cachet of petit-bourgeois reactionary snobbery that being really into Jane Austen had in the nineteenth century.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 01:33:03 AM »

Anyway, the image in my signature pretty well encapsulates my thoughts on the Beatles at this point.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 03:39:22 PM »

And another point of mine for you to sneer at, and this can't be quantified with and fancy numbers...but millennials are NO FUN. My gosh, try to crack an edgy racist joke among them, they're lame prudes. And they don't mind their own business. They like to chide you for your Redskins shirt but quickly cower in fear when you crack their eye socket with a right hook.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies