UT-4 Poll: Mia Love not going anywhere (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:29:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  UT-4 Poll: Mia Love not going anywhere (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UT-4 Poll: Mia Love not going anywhere  (Read 1132 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 21, 2016, 05:52:40 PM »

I'm not familar with UT-04 but why is Love having so much trouble in an R+14 district?

I know Jim Matheson represented this area for a number of years but he was a conservative Blue Dog who was basically the Democratic version of Lincoln Chafee.

Well, it's a Blue Dog friendly district in any case, and Love's opponent Doug Owens is another member of a Blue Dog political family (his father was Congressman Wayne Owens). He's a tiny bit to the left of Matheson, but is perceived as having basically the same political views.

LOL at Republicans who scream like banshees whenever Democrats bring up their appeals to racism to win votes now using it as an excuse for why Mia Love is vulnerable.

All the Japanese in Utah legislature/politics must be immune to such racism. I thought the same thing before, but I don't think that's a huge issue in Utah.

Yeah, there's 4 Japanese American legislators, (3 Republicans and one Democrat), 6 Hispanic legislators (all Democrats), 2 African-American legislators (one Democrat, one Republican), and one Jewish legislator (Democrat). There are also several candidates for state legislature who are minorities. Oh, and the GOP state chair is black and is a former state senator.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 06:07:28 PM »

Also this internal is junk, with funky presidential numbers and Love-Owens numbers that don't agree with any other polls done so far. The pollster (Y2 Analytics) that did this internal also did an internal in October 2014, with Love having a 47-28 lead. She ended up only winning by 51-46.

It's better just to wait for the Dan Jones poll, they're usually the gold standard for Utah elections.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies