Is jfern really gone for good?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:07:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is jfern really gone for good?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Is he?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Is jfern really gone for good?  (Read 2148 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 05:45:03 PM »

Let the primary go.

Believe it or not, jfern has been a relatively good member in the past. I still recall his epic beatdown of J.J. over whether 940 heads out of 1000 coin tosses was statistically significant. I think he may have mentioned he voted for Clinton in the 2000 Senate election, so it's not like he's some deranged reddit misogynist or anything.

I think he's just frustrated at the extreme lack of power progressives have within the Democratic party. He seemed to be leaning Trump towards the end there, hopefully he comes around to realize that objectively, unified GOP control & conservative SCOTUS would be worse for progressive outcomes than the Dems holding the WH, by the election.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 08:14:27 PM »

Jfern is, unfortunately, never truly gone

http://www.theonion.com/article/osama-bin-laden-found-inside-each-of-us-1131

Too soon?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 08:47:30 PM »

You losers all need to get a f'ing life. Shame on all of you hateful monsters.

edit: ok, not all of you only the ones who are obsessed with their hatred toward him, which is most of you.

Speaking for myself, I just wanted him to stop freakin trying to make every thread about Clinton. After awhile it got pretty unbelievable how consistent he was on that. All he seemed to care about for most of the election season was Hillary Clinton and how bad she was... which is fine as long as he doesn't spam the forum day and night with that stuff. Though, I don't hate him for that. It was just really annoying.

But honestly I think it's unrealistic to expect that after him doing that for months on end, that he won't be ridiculed more and more as he does it. It was really annoying to other people, and there was a reason the "but HILLARY!" thing started. Many people asked him to stop, myself included, and he just ignored us. So it is not like threads such as this aren't entirely without merit (not to justify it 100% either, though)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2016, 08:55:13 PM »

Virginia, I think I've said before, that not all Clinton supporters are like this and I know you are not, but the hatred of some of her supporters toward Sanders and his supporters can be a little self defeating. They don't seem to realize that they can't help Clinton by holding onto their grudges. The primaries are long since over and they won't let go of their anger.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2016, 09:15:12 PM »

Virginia, I think I've said before, that not all Clinton supporters are like this and I know you are not, but the hatred of some of her supporters toward Sanders and his supporters can be a little self defeating. They don't seem to realize that they can't help Clinton by holding onto their grudges. The primaries are long since over and they won't let go of their anger.

Sure, there is still animosity on both sides (I won't get into this), but the problem was never him having negative opinions on Clinton. It was him bringing those opinions into the vast majority of threads he posted in, even when the thread/discussion was not about Clinton. He was a serial conversation hijacker and wouldn't stop even after being asked politely. Anyway, I was just posting to say that there were/are reason(s).

So allow me to conclude with the words of one Kyle Reese, invaluable soldier of the resistance against the Terminators JfernBots:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2016, 09:35:11 PM »

Virginia, ok, but for me it isn't so much about Jfern as the fact that there are too many flamewars on this site and people get too abusive toward one another, which makes it impossible for any reasonable person to want to stay here. Of course it isn't just Clinton supporters. I recognize that are posters from all different points of view who do this. My point is that it isn't fair to single out one group of supporters or one single poster like JFern. I certainly understand why you don't want to comment on that, because it is very ugly.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2016, 09:37:47 PM »

Of course, all this nonsense has been going on since the beginning and many of those who habitually post here have been here a long time and haven't changed one bit as far as being nasty goes.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2016, 09:52:03 PM »

Jfern invited this "hatred" by his incessant trolling of reminding us how Hillary Clinton is basically the worse thing to ever disgrace this Earth since Lucifer. Heck, jfern probably believes that Satan will be out of a job when Hillary and her Wall Street cronies go to Hell and buy out the demons and imps and evil spirits. Wait, what am I saying? A President Hillary Clinton WOULD be Hell on Earth!

Wah wah you mean Hillary minions attacking poor helpless jfern for preaching the Gospel of Bernie Sanders about the pure evil of the Clintons. Give me a break. No one is forcing you to read this thread. Maybe you need to see a shrink to work out your sensitivity issues or better yet, follow your precious protégé jfern and take a break from the Internet if this offeeeeennnnndddddssss you so much.
how pathetic

Your reaction to this thread is what's even more pathetic. Yes, we have moved on from the primary and we have bigger fish to fry in November, lest we do not want or need jfern to constantly troll threads that have absolutely nothing to do with Hillary and remind us how she is the worst person ever. If Bernie Sanders has moved on, jfern should, too. If he wants to throw his vote away and support loony Jill Stein, that's his right, but for you to imply that this thread is somehow bullying him when all he does is troll the presumptive nominee for the Democratic Party, that's pretty counterproductive (since, apparently according to you, anyone who supports Hillary and isn't fond of jfern's trolling antics is a monster, but jfern, who thinks Hillary is the meanest monster of them all, is allowed to spout all the anti-Hillary crap he wants? Yeah. That IS pathetic.) 
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2016, 10:01:45 PM »

Dan Savage on Green party candidate Carl Romanelli:
"Carl Romanelli should be dragged behind a pickup truck until there's nothing left but the rope"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDzbTyz3_VI

2:44 minutes into the video

This is the kind of reaction to the Green party that few of the Green haters here will repudiate.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2016, 10:05:57 PM »

At 3:06 "Any progressive who votes for a Green any more after Nader and now after Romanelli is a (expletive deleted) idiot and should be beaten with sticks..."
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2016, 10:10:09 PM »

who care
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2016, 10:17:11 PM »

Dan Savage is still around and now he's going after Jill Stein.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2016, 10:20:51 PM »

I'm pretty sure you're the one that's angry here. How exactly is asking a question about jfern's status "anger"?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2016, 01:21:01 AM »

Obviously BRTD is filled with hatred toward a lot of people. Ice Spear and Joe Republic have a long long history of being rude and nasty.

Guilty as charged.  However, part of me is genuinely concerned for his wellbeing seeing that he was last active the day after Bernie endorsed Hillary, eight days ago.  Somebody that intense may have been a lot more emotionally invested in the campaign than even his posts would suggest.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2016, 10:04:07 AM »

Sincerely, I respect honesty. There is nothing I hate more than dishonesty. However, please try to be a little nicer, if you don't mind. Thanks.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2016, 11:06:54 AM »

Sincerely, I respect honesty. There is nothing I hate more than dishonesty. However, please try to be a little nicer, if you don't mind. Thanks.

Hoo boy, you'd love AAD!

This is how people talk to each other on the Internet.  Idiots and hacks can either grow a thicker skin, or you know, stop being idiots and hacks.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2016, 02:29:29 PM »

الولايات المتحدة
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2016, 02:39:06 PM »

الموت لأمريكا
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2016, 04:06:51 PM »

سلام
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2016, 04:10:14 PM »

أهلاً وسهلاً كيف حالك
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2016, 04:41:05 PM »

أن نكون صادقين أنا لا أعرف حقا العربية. أنا باستخدام مترجم.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2016, 04:56:27 PM »

I can tell, because you sent one message in Farsi
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2016, 05:20:42 PM »

I can tell, because you sent one message in Farsi
ਹੈਕਟੇਅਰ ਹੈਕਟੇਅਰ ਹੈ, ਜੋ ਕਿ ਅਜਬ ਹੈ
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2016, 05:27:33 PM »

国际象棋是一个很好的游戏
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp