Election 2020: The Game!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:29:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election 2020: The Game!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31
Author Topic: Election 2020: The Game!  (Read 79553 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2016, 01:42:56 PM »
« edited: July 22, 2016, 02:32:02 PM by Lars Løkke Rasmussen »

America in 2020: The State of the Union

President Clinton Job Approval
Approve 45%
Disapprove 47%

CPI: 315.12
Unemployment rate: 7.3%

2016/2018 Senate Results

2016:

Pickups

Indiana (Bayh)
Wisconsin (Feingold)
Illinois (Duckworth)
Pennsylvania (McGinty)
New Hampshire (Hassan)

51-49

2018:

Pickups

Florida
Missouri
Indiana
North Dakota
West Virginia
Ohio (Kasich)
Virginia

56-44

2020 GOP Primary Schedule

Jan 14: Iowa
Jan 21: New Hampshire
Feb 4: South Carolina and Nevada
Feb 8: Tennessee
Feb 11: Alaska, Montana, and Washington
Feb 22: Arizona
March 3 (Super Tuesday): Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Vermont, Wyoming
March 10: Idaho, Hawai'i, Mississippi, Louisiana
March 14: Puerto Rico, American Samoa
March 17: Guam
March 20: Virgin Islands
March 31: Colorado, Kentucky, and Virginia
April 7: Michigan and Northern Mariana Islands
April 14: Florida, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, West Virginia
April 21: Illinois, Maine, North Carolina, Ohio
April 28: New York
May 12: DC, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
May 16: Connecticut, Rhode Island
May 19: Utah
June 2: California, Indiana, New Mexico, Oregon
July 20-23: RNC 2020

If you want any more information, tell me, I'll be happy to post it Wink
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2016, 01:54:54 PM »

Since Kingpoleon switched to Tim Ashe as a primary to Clinton, I'll play as Sen. John Kasich (R-OH).
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2016, 02:03:09 PM »

Just wondering, who are the new Republican Senators from Florida, Missouri, Indiana, North Dakota, West Virginia and Virginia elected in 2018?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2016, 02:10:54 PM »

Just wondering, who are the new Republican Senators from Florida, Missouri, Indiana, North Dakota, West Virginia and Virginia elected in 2018?

FL: Jeff Atwater
MO: Ann Wagner
IN: Todd Young
ND: Drew Wrigley
WV: Evan Jenkins
VA: Ken Cuccinelli
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2016, 02:17:43 PM »

Also, who is the Governor of Ohio?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2016, 02:18:45 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2017, 11:09:22 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio for President 2020
Right here Right now
Campaign Announcement : Tampa, Florida– University of South Florida

June 7, 2019

« Thank you, Tampa! Thank you, my friends!

Sixty years ago, Fidel Castro took power in Cuba, the land of my ancestors. But many ran from Castro's tyranny and anti-free market threat to get residence here in America in order to accomplish their dreams. As son of immigrants, I lived the American Dream. Since three years now, Hillary Clinton, a leader from yesterday, has weakened our economy by taxing people more, regulating more, spending more, making us more dependent from foreign oil and increasing the debt to over 20 billion $. We need free market policies to get our economy back on track by embracing energy revolution (which requires more oil production and energy independence), free trade, school choice, business championing and tax cuts for all Americans.

Since three years now, President Clinton showed weakness in fighting terrorism and Russia's imperialist actions. The world is more dangerous than ever before. We don't want more tragedies like the ones in Orlando, San Bernardino, Paris, Nice, etc. I have the right foreign policy experience : under my leadership, we will increase defense spending, fight terrorism around the world and strengthen our strategic alliances.

All this kind of agenda requires an expansion of our party. We need to attract Hispanic votes, African American votes, Asian American votes and female votes to show that the Republican Party is the party for all Americans. As a son of immigrants, I am the best qualified to do it. That way, we can win the White House, beat Hillary Clinton and lead America to prosperity and security. For this reason, in order to serve our country, I'm running for President of the United States of America and we need this kind of leadership right here, right now!

Thank you! God Bless you, and God Bless the United States of America! »
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2016, 02:19:47 PM »

Mike DeWine
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2016, 02:28:45 PM »

America in 2020: The State of the Union

President Clinton Job Approval
Approve 45%
Disapprove 47%

CPI: 315.12
Unemployment rate: 7.3%

2016/2018 Senate Results

2016:

Pickups

Indiana (Bayh)
Wisconsin (Feingold)
Illinois (Duckworth)
Pennsylvania (McGinty)
New Hampshire (Hassan)

51-49

2018:

Pickups

Florida
Missouri
Indiana
North Dakota
West Virginia
Ohio (Kasich)
Virginia

56-44

2020 GOP Primary Schedule

Jan 14: Iowa
Jan 21: New Hampshire
Feb 4: South Carolina and Nevada
Feb 8: Tennessee
Feb 11: Alaska, Montana, and Washington
Feb 22: Arizona
March 3 (Super Tuesday): Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Vermont, Wyoming
March 10: Idaho, Hawai'i, Mississippi, Louisiana
March 14: Puerto Rico, American Samoa
March 17: Guam
March 20: Virgin Islands
March 31: Colorado, Kentucky, and Virginia
April 7: Michigan and Northern Mariana Islands
April 14: Florida, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, West Virginia
April 21: Illinois, Maine, North Carolina, Ohio
April 28: New York
May 12: DC, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
May 16: Connecticut, Rhode Island
May 19: Utah
June 2: California, Indiana, New Mexico, Oregon
July 27-30: RNC 2020

If you want any more information, tell me, I'll be happy to post it Wink

I have two questions :

-How many delegates a candidate will have to win to clinch the nomination?

-Are you sure we should not set the 2020 RNC before July 24? Because the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo will be held from July 24 to August 9 and if the RNC is set between these dates, more people might get more attention at the Olympics than at the RNC.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2016, 02:35:06 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

You're right about the RNC, thanks!

As to delegates, I haven't figured it out, I'll work it out when the primaries draw closer - but about the standard amount, in the 1,000-1,400 range.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2016, 08:22:59 PM »

Tom Cotton for America, 2020
Pick Cotton
Fayetteville, Arkansas - University of Arkansas

Good evening everyone, I am blessed to be here with you today. Over the last few years, we have witnessed the disastrous results and the consequences of Hillary Clinton's presidency. The national debt has significantly skyrocketed to unprecedented levels. Many people are now unemployed and scrambling for jobs and opportunity. She has weakened our economy by imposing higher taxes, and enacting more regulations, and increasing spending on foreign affairs.

Terrorism has become more rampant around the world and we need a leader that will address it and protect us from this existential threat. We have to be on a path to energy independence and not rely on other countries. She has displayed negligence and irresponsibility in countless instances.

The world is less safe than when she took office. I will do everything that I can to ensure the safety for Americans of all ethnic backgrounds. We have to create jobs for African Americans, Hispanics, and others. We need to be a more inclusive Republican Party and not leave individuals that have much potential on the sidelines. If we all cooperate toward a common goal, we can achieve the prosperity for all Americans. We can deliver the freedoms and security we desperately deserve. I am here to announce my candidacy for President of the United States. Under my leadership, America will be taken in a different direction that will be beneficial and put us on the best track to lead in the 21st century. God Bless you and God Bless our great nation!
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2016, 10:22:12 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2016, 10:28:19 PM by Branden Cordeiro »

Paul Ryan: Week of Sept. 14, 2019-Sept. 20, 2019

September 14th, 2019
Paul Ryan announced his candidacy for President at 11:30 AM CT in Janesville, Wisconsin at the former GM Assembly Plant. Later in the afternoon, he attended a fundraiser in Milwaukee, Wisconsin hosted by Businesswoman Diane Hendricks.

September 15th, 2019
The campaign began to organize his campaign staffers, announcing his campaign headquarters to be held in Janesville, Wisconsin. It is evident that Ryan will target the upper Midwest in the primaries, and the general election. The campaign also announced the opening of 6 field offices in Iowa and New Hampshire; including in the towns of Dubuque, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Sioux City, Portsmouth (NH), Manchester (NH) and Concord (NH). He attended a fundraiser in Washington, DC later that night.

September 16th, 2019
Ryan makes first campaign appearance at an event at the Davenport West High School in Davenport, Iowa. He promotes an inclusive message of economic reform for those struggling under the Clinton economy. 57% of students at Davenport West are eligible for free or reduced lunch programs. Ryan's speech touched an anti-poverty agenda that Republicans have been struggling to profess during the past couple of election cycles.

September 17th, 2019
Barnstorming in North Liberty, Iowa
Tour of the University of Iowa Center for Research, met with students of Univ. of Iowa Medical School.
Met with organizers of economic policy speech at the Carver Hawkeye Arena on September 18th.

September 18th, 2019
Economic Policy Speech - Carver Hawkeye Arena at the University of Iowa

Thank you for joining me in outlining my proposal to lift people out of poverty. The University of Iowa has provided the people of Iowa with a first-class education, giving Iowa the tools to get to work. The University of Iowa, and our other great institutions across the country provide people with the tools to succeed, now the federal government must get out of the way and allow those people to prosper. In a time where millions of Americans are buried under student loan debt, which this administration promised to relieve through a government bailout, it is time to get America back to work. Today, I will announce my path to prosperity, outlining my proposals to lift American wages, get corporations and small businesses hiring again, lower American unemployment, and to lift those in poverty into a new era of success.

It is time to lift people up, not bring them down through common sense conservatism. People are tired of left-wing economics, leaving them stuck in an endless cycle of low wages, and low growth. During the years of Ronald Reagan, America was prospering. When Reagan took office, taxes and unemployment were sky high, the nation was divided and angry. Sound familiar? That is what we have had to deal with under the Democrat's legacy of failure. Like Reagan, my campaign will promote a message of cutting taxes, controlling spending and getting government out of the lives of the American people. The government's role should be to keep its citizens safe, leaving the rest up to the hard work of the American spirit.

Today, I will release my tax proposal to reform our backwards tax code in the United States. We have the highest corporate tax rate in the western world, stifling growth and allowing jobs to leave to go overseas. Our struggling towns across the country; whether its Scranton, Pennsylvania or Flint Michigan, and everywhere in between; have seen the effects of this reality. We must make the American economy move into the 21st century. In order to strengthen the American wallet, it will be important to reduce our tax brackets into 3 categories.  This will simplify our tax code for the American taxpayer. The top tax rate will be 25%, down from the current rate of 43.6% enacted by President Clinton. The rich Washington elite labels who is "wealthy" by their elitist definitions, leaving a heavy burden to our middle class. Our campaign will release a very detailed proposal after this speech detailing the specifics our pro-growth tax brackets of 10%, 15% and 25%. I'm proud to be the candidate of the American worker, family and business.

When discussing the corporate tax rate, our new rate of 20% would make us a leader on the world stage. Pro-business policies will allow the American workforce to capitalize on prospering world economy. It will allow us to give opportunity to those who have been left out in the Clinton and Obama economies, including our inner-city communities. We must create an economy that works for all, through the free market. This includes an increased use of oil, natural gas, solar, and other programs that will help power America. We must not pick winners and losers through our political leanings, but it is important for the American people to decide the future of American energy. Our oil drillers and coal miners represent the backbone of our blue-collar economy, and it is important we give people to capitalize on the opportunity to make America energy independent by the end of my administration.

When lowering tax rates, it is vital that we must not balloon our deficit. A more competent, smaller, less bloated federal budget and operation is important to the success of our economy. The American people know how to spend their hard earned money better than the federal government. There are a number of areas we must address to keep government small, and to ensure the fiscal responsibility of our nation. Pension spending by our local and federal government is out of control, leaving the American taxpayer on the books for insolvent programs that must be reformed. They won't be reformed by those in power in Washington, as they benefit at the hands of all of us. Government spending is out of control, particularly in our entitlement programs, which must be addressed responsibly.

Most importantly in my economic plan, it is important for Republicans to address the growing poverty our country has faced as a result of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama's policies. We must explore updating our anti-poverty programs. We must increase the Earned Income Tax Credit, which fights poverty while rewarding work. We will expand eligibility in order to include those in the working poor, along with families. We will give states the option of enacting a block grant, otherwise known as our Opportunity Grant. It will allow states to allocate federal funds into individually focused programs to help those in need. The American education system has remained second rate since the 70s, despite our funding being the highest ever. We must better allocate those funds to local municipalities. It is also important to address mass incarnation, which is a impediment for economic progress in all communities. Federal judges will have more discretion sentencing non-violent offenders, and rehabilitation will be made easier for inmates. That is a smart allocation of our resources, which everyone can agree on, whether you're a Republican, Democrat or anything in between. We will remove the reality of regressive regulations, easing licensing regulations, and leading all new regulations to stricter review as a result of their impact on low-income families.

I have outlined a very detailed vision for America. It is time to unite around a message of economic growth, and I will be the economic growth candidate. Thank you and God Bless America.

September 19th, 2019
12:00 PM ET: Paul Ryan introduces tax proposal.
Single filers:
--- $0-$40,000/year : 10%
--- $40,001-89,999/year: 15%
---$90,000/year and above: 25%
Married filers:
--$0-65,000: 10%
-- $65,001-$150,000 year: 15%
--- $150,001 a year and above: 25%
Head of Household:
--- $0-$47,999/year: 10%
--- $48,000-$115,00 year: 15%
---$115,001 a year and above: 25%

Corporate tax rate: 20%

1:45 PM ET: Meet with voters at Riley's Cafe in Cedar Rapids.
4:00 PM ET: Meet with voters at Lighthouse Inn in Cedar Rapids
7:00 PM ET: Address the Iowa Farm Business Association in Ames, Iowa.

September 20, 2019
1:00 PM ET: Speech to the Manchester, NH Chamber of Commerce
4:00 PM ET: Town Hall at South Range Elementary School in Derry, NH
7:00 PM ET: School Choice Policy Speech at The Founders Academy in Manchester, NH
9:30 PM ET: Phone interview with The Concord Monitor
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2016, 11:42:44 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2016, 12:08:07 AM by UWS »

Are the debates included in that game? If yes, when and where will the next debate be held?

Just to be sure, is PM (procedure to get endorsements) an abbreviation of « Private Message »? If that's the case, must these messages be sent only to the Game Moderator?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2016, 11:56:33 PM »

If no one signs up as Hillary, will you play as her and handicap her a bit? I wanted to primary her, but if she doesn't run, then I might pick James Stavridis.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2016, 01:06:31 AM »

Just wondering, if Tim Ashe is Congressman, did Welch vacate his seat to run for Governor or Senator? Or was he primaried out/defeated by an Indy/VT Progressive run of Ashe. Also, did Kasich face any major opponents in the primary? If so, who? And what was his margin of victory in the Senate race?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2016, 01:40:29 AM »

Just wondering, if Tim Ashe is Congressman, did Welch vacate his seat to run for Governor or Senator? Or was he primaried out/defeated by an Indy/VT Progressive run of Ashe. Also, did Kasich face any major opponents in the primary? If so, who? And what was his margin of victory in the Senate race?
I had Welch resign in either 2017 or 2018 due to health problems. He'll turn seventy in 2017.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2016, 01:46:03 AM »

President Hillary for me please.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2016, 01:52:32 AM »

I had Welch resign in either 2017 or 2018 due to health problems. He'll turn seventy in 2017.
Interesting. Does Ashe run as a Democrat, VT Progressive, or Independent?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2016, 01:59:36 AM »

I'd assume the endorsements of the first two.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2016, 02:18:46 AM »

I'd assume the endorsements of the first two.
That's what he'd probably do. Thanks!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2016, 04:09:59 AM »

I'll take President Hillary and do an announcement later. Can you sign me up for her?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2016, 06:08:40 AM »

I'll take President Hillary and do an announcement later. Can you sign me up for her?
Yes. You don't have to ask twice, will ya let a man sleep?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2016, 06:11:23 AM »

Are the debates included in that game? If yes, when and where will the next debate be held?

Just to be sure, is PM (procedure to get endorsements) an abbreviation of « Private Message »? If that's the case, must these messages be sent only to the Game Moderator?

PM does stand for private message, and you should PM only me.

Debate schedule:

October 8, 2019 in Texas
November 13, 2019 in Ohio
December 2, 2019 in California
December 18, 2019 in Tennessee
January 9, 2020 in Iowa
(there may be a couple more)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2016, 08:19:54 AM »

Joni For President 2020

Red Oak, Iowa   Early Summer

Announcement Speech Transcript

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2016, 10:27:18 AM »

President Hillary Rodham Clinton-JULY 25, 2019
"Thank you. Thank you.
Today, I am launching my campaign for re-election. With your support, we can win this election. I am running because we can't let the progress we have made in the last decade be rolled back. We need to build on the progress we have made-the stakes are too high for us to lose. We have had our share of challenges and obstacles, but America is better off since I was elected your President, and we are going to build on the progress we have made.
My opponents like to claim it is all doom and gloom. That is no true. Yes, we have faced challenges. Our economy has faced a short downturn last year. That's not the 'crushing depression' Republicans claimed we have faced. The economy is growing again, thanks to my leadership. The Republican proposal has been to use bigotry and xenophobia, while targeting those who really need help, and instead blowing a hole in our budget with tax cuts. As your President, I refuse to let that happen. I will stand for hard-working Americans. In this administration, we have managed to move towards a fairer tax system, with increases in taxes for the rich, and cuts for hard-working Americans. These measures have created an economy that works for all Americans, and has been fiscally responsible. Also, we have strengthened the economy with much-needed spending on our infrastructure. i am proud of these achievements, and we will build on them.
Now, I have fought tirelessly to keep America safe. My record backs that up. We have rolled back the threat of ISIS, and in foreign policy I have a very successful record. ISIS's supposed caliphate is no more, and this terrible organisation is being battered and beaten. Terrorism remains an issue. But with a steady hand on the tiller, we are winning this way and we are keeping America safe. Gloomy warnings of apocalyptic war and an unsafe America are just not true. We don't need irrationality, we don't need fear and we don't need to go round whacking hornet's nests. What we need is leadership. As President of this great nation, I have provided leadership, and we stand stronger in the world.
I am running for re-election because the progress since I was elected President, and the progress of the Obama presidency is too important to throw away. We have a record we can be proud of, let's stand and fight for it. Republicans are trying to divide us, and win using fear, gloom and negativity. But don't be fooled. They offer no positive vision for our future. All they offer is an America that is less prosperous, less kind, more divided, weakened and closed off. There's a better way. We can have a President who is fighting for you. We can have a President who stands with the American people, to fight for them. Throughout history, we look for the best in our leaders, leaders who can lead by uniting not dividing. Leaders who can lead with hope, not fear. Leaders who can lead this country in the right direction. Sure, we face obstacles, and we face challenges, But they enhance us as a nation. We stand at the crossroads. The Republicans offer gloom, fear, negativity and divisiveness. I offer that we can protect Obamacare, we can protect Dodd-Frank, we can protect our infrastructure investment, we can protect the progress we have made. We can build on it too, finally reforming our broken immigration system, a goal we have made progress too, by continuing to tackle climate change and the challenges we face. We can choose progress, vision and a leadership that unites us and gets the best of us, to build a better America. Come join me in this journey America!.."

-------------------
Background: In the final two quarters of 2018, the economy fell into a recession, with unemployment rising to 8%. Unemployment has since fallen to 7.3%, but growth has been slow and there are fears of a 'double-dip'.
ISIS had lost most of its territory, but has responded by expanding in other areas and more terrorist attacks.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2016, 11:05:15 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2016, 08:36:45 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : Week of Sept. 14, 2019-Sept. 20, 2019

September 14th, 2019
Marco Rubio made an appearance at an event at the Freedom Tower in Miami, Florida. He claimed the economic benefits from immigrants' path to American citizenship. In addition of promising to liberalize Cuba, the land of his ancestors, he also promoted free trade with Latin America by affirming that it would reinforce freedom and prosperity in the United States and in Latin America with the influence of free market and that it will help the United States to counterbalance China's trading power since Latin America's economy is as big as China's. Later in the afternoon, Senator Rubio attended a fundraiser in Belle Glade, Florida hosted by Businessman at the Sugar Cane Growers Cooperative of Florida's headquarters. He met his campaign team to organize a foreign policy speech at the Naval Support Activity Orlando on September 15th.

September 15th, 2019
Foreign Policy Speech - Naval Support Activity Orlando at the Central Florida Research Park
Thank you for attending this rally in this time of war and terrorist threat. Eight years ago, President Obama made the mistake of withdrawing our troops from Iraq and to cut military spending, which helped the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) to emerge and expand its territory from Iraq to Syria and to commit many terrorist attacks around the world, including here in Orlando, three years ago, to threat our values of freedom, democracy and justice. Now President Clinton is keeping us in this path to permanent weakness that led to the death of many of our fellow Americans. We have to increase military spending to fight and defeat Radical Islamic terrorism and to defend our allies. We need to take action to defeat ISIS once and for all.

We need to arm and train militarily the Kurds and the Syrian rebellion to make them able to fight ISIS successfully. If we want to defeat ISIS, we also have to deprive it of its sources of supplies, especially oil, by securing those resources and giving them back to Syrians and Iraqis. We also need to reinforce our strategic alliances, especially with Turkey because of its military power and its neighbourhood with Syria and Iraq. Since Turkey is demanding us to topple the tyrannical regime of Bachar al-Assad in exchange of a Turkish military intervention against ISIS, we've got to make Assad's fall a priority as well in order to ensure freedom, democratic transition and security in Syria through reconstruction and to make sure that we're going to stop the division of anti-ISIS forces that, thanks to the elimination of Assad, an internal enemy, will fight against only one enemy : ISIS, because this terrorist organization is profiting from anti-ISIS forces' division to commit more terrorist attacks. One thing does not exclude another.

Time has come to send ground troops in Syria in order to fight and destroy ISIS on its territory and to end Assad's oppression. That way, alongside our NATO allies, Syria, Iraq and the Kurds, we will surround ISIS. This terrorist group will get attacked from every side and will be forced to divide its forces to defend its remaining positions in Syria and Iraq, thus making them weaker. If this kind of scenario helped us to defeat Adolf Hitler  during World War II thanks to the division of the Nazi forces on two fronts in the European continent (the Western Front and the Eastern Front), it can work against ISIS as well. That way, the Middle East will make another great step to democracy, freedom, peace and justice, we will free the territory occupied by ISIS and we will find Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, leader of ISIS, and then capture or kill him, thus weakening ISIS much more.
It is time of a stronger America, a stronger international security a safer, freer and peaceful world. I will use my foreign policy experience to make it happen. Thank you and God Bless America.

September 16th, 2019

After his campaign flight from Orlando landed in Des Moines, Iowa, Marco Rubio, holds a rally before the Firestone Agricultural Tire Company. Since agriculture is Iowa's main economic activity, the Florida Senator promises tax cuts and tax credits for all U.S. businesses, including tractor companies and seed companies. including tractor manufacturing companies as well as seed companies and to give them tax credits in order to help these companies to innovate, to create new jobs and to increase the production of agricultural tractors and seeds, thus helping Iowans and Americans to accomplish their agricultural activities and ensure their subsistence. Rubio affirms that energy independence will also boost tractor manufacturing as well as the effectiveness of new agricultural technologies. He argues that his plan will reduce Iowans' and Americans' dependence on food stamps by the reduction of inflation and food prices, which will reinforce their purchasing power and give them more access to food. Later that day, Rubio and his campaign team wrote and organized a speech on freedom of religion scheduled on September 17th, in Sioux City, Iowa and has the goal of wooing Evangelical Christian conservatives.

September 17th, 2019

Freedom of religion speech - St Joseph's Catholic Church, Sioux City, Iowa

Thank you for this warm welcome in the blessed city of Sioux City.
During all my political career, I fought for freedom of religion because it gives every American the right to practice any religion and because freedom of religion is a basic element of the First that is defending not only freedom of religion, but also freedom of speech and freedom of the press, all values of our democracy.

But in this time of growing jihadist threat, all these values, including freedom of religion, are threatened by radical Islamic terrorism. We saw it around the world, including here in the United States during the Orlando shooting, three years ago. In the Middle East, jihadists from ISIS are beheading Christians and they are trying to impose Islam through violence. And by promoting violence, ISIS is not respecting Islam's rules and is not respecting the right to practice any religion. This is valuating freedom, democracy, justice and integrity That's why I fought for freedom of religion by legislating a bill on this matter in the Senate. And I will keep fighting for freedom of religion as your president by sending troops in the Middle East to combat ISIS and protect your local coreligionists if necessary. By eradicating ISIS, we will reinforce freedom of religion here and abroad, thus ensuring the defense of democracy, freedom and justice. Your coreligionists in the Middle East will be safe, people will be allowed to speak their mind and every religion around the world will be saved from persecution.
Iran wants the death of Israel, our greatest ally in the Middle East. Tehran is demonstrating this by using the capital gains earned from diplomatic sanctions lifting to keep developing its nuclear military program. In addition, Iran is supporting and funding Hezbollah to commit terrorist attacks in the Middle East, especially Israel. Israel's destruction would almost lead to Judaism's extinction. This would also be a disastrous violation of the freedom of religion, freedom of speech and democracy. For this reason, I take the pledge to re-establish sanctions against Tehran to keep capitals from falling in the hands of the the Iranian government. I have a plan to create an association between nations included in the Indian Sub-Continent (India, Pakistan and Afghanistan) in order to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons. After all, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India have common goals and common enemies. These three countries suffered terrorist attacks and are fighting terrorism. But for many years, India and Pakistan are facing high diplomatic tensions on religious and territorial matters. But they both successfully fought for their liberty and defeated British colonial oppression seven decades ago. So these two nations are, in some ways, brothers and they need to work together to fight and eradicate Islamic terrorism and make sure that Pakistani nuclear weapons will not fall in the hands of terrorists. In addition, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India, just like us, are worried about the possibility of Iran getting a nuclear bomb. Support for the Iranian military nuclear among the Iranian public opinion is still strong. So we need to create this intergovernmental military alliance in the Indian Sub-Continent to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons and to defeat radical Islamic terrorism in Afghanistan and in Pakistan. This plan will defend freedom of religion as well in addition of ensuring liberty and security in the Middle East.
This is the responsibility of a commander-in-chief to guarantee liberty and justice for all and I take the pledge to fulfill this responsibility as President of the United States. Thank you, God Bless you and God Bless America.

September 18th, 2019

11:00 AM ET : Meet with the voters in Davenport
4:00 PM ET : Address the Iowa Farm Business Association in Ames, Iowa.
9:00 PM ET : Fundraiser event at MidAmerican Energy Company in Council Bluffs

September 19th, 2019

10:00 AM ET : Fundraiser event in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
3:30 PM ET : Speech to the Manchester, NH Chamber of Commerce
7:30 PM ET : Speech at Segway Inc.'s headquarter in Manchester

September 20th, 2019

10:30 AM ET : Speech in Concord, NH in favor of the expansion of the Quebec – New England Transmission
1:00 PM ET : Fundraiser event in Concord
4:00 PM ET : Meet with the voters at Franklin Pierce University in Concord
7:00 PM ET : Debate preparation
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies