Election 2020: The Game!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:06:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election 2020: The Game!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31
Author Topic: Election 2020: The Game!  (Read 79557 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: February 01, 2017, 08:50:36 PM »
« edited: February 01, 2017, 09:25:56 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's debate responses, Part 2

-What is your plan to make America competitive in the world economy?

First of all, even with Barack Obama, we had the opportunity to be competitive in the Asian markets thanks to Trans-Pacific Partnership. But unfortunately, when Hillary Clinton came in office, she withdrew from TPP and her successor Tim Kaine is pursuing the same protectionist policies that increased tariffs, made our products more expensive in foreign markets, gave China, a country that doesn't respect human rights, to remain the main competitor in the Far East's markets and killed hundreds of thousands of jobs.

Under my administration, we're going to promote free trade in order to reinforce America's trade power by reducing tariffs, making our companies more competitive, promoting innovation, getting us new consumers around the world and opening new markets.

If we want our country to remain the first worldwide economic power, we need to reinforce free trade with our allies. Latin America represents a great opportunity for us since it's economy is as big China's. So free trade with Latin America will allow us to counter China's trade power. The Trans-Pacific Partnership will give us the status of competitors in such a dynamic region like East Asia, create economic partnership between the United States and China's traditional trade partners and allow us to innovate and to improve our relations with local nations. This capacity comes from open markets and from the continual search for new markets through the expansion of free trade. By reducing tariffs, our products will be less expansive, which will increase foreign consumers' access to our markets. Also, like I said, getting energy independence by increasing oil drilling will make our cars less expensive than Asian cars and encourage consumers here and in the rest of the world to buy more American cars, which will help us growing our economy.

In addition, many agricultural companies, notably dairy companies, located, in New England that are benefiting from free trade partly because American milk is approximately twice less expensive than the Canadian milk, which encourages of American and Canadian consumers to buy more American milk than Canadian milk to keep their purchasing power strong.

By the way, my home state of Florida’s $1 billion annual exports to India represent a reason why trade ties with India’s and Asia's large and growing markets matter to Americans. The more we export, the more consumers we get in the world, the more our companies can ensure their expansion and the more jobs we can create. That's why I take the pledge to ratify the Trans-Pacific Partnership if I become President.

-What is your plan to make sure education will be accessible for all Americans and to create the jobs of tomorrow?

The America my parents came to 64 years ago was one where you could find a middle income job even without a higher education. That is how they succeeded to the middle class, working as a bartender and a maid. But they desperately wanted their children to have even more than that, giving us the chance at a better life was their American Dream. My parents did not make enough to save for our education. But I managed to use Pell grants, student loans, work study and summer jobs to pay for a four-year degree and eventually law school.

Not all college majors have the same success rate in terms of students' connection with good jobs. At the national level, majors like business, liberal arts, and hospitality have underemployment rates at 50 percent if not more. There are more graduates than jobs in these sectors. Meanwhile, engineering, health services and education all have underemployment rates under 25 percent. It's imperative that we reverse this tendency.

We need to promote school choice, which will cost families, including immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, less and produce higher outcomes compared to public education. It will grant parents the power to orientate their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and look for better education elsewhere. It will expand opportunities for low-income students—especially minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to higher-income families, thus increasing their chances of success and of entry into the workforce.

China & India graduate more science & engineering PhDs, which is boosting their innovation knowledge faster than ours, boosting their industries and helping them creating much more new businesses and jobs than we do. So we need to increase education investing, to invest in science and technology, to encourage research and development and to make it easier to create the jobs of tomorrow and help students studying in business administration or in engineering to create, open and develop new businesses that will create more jobs thanks to increased knowledge.

That's how we will create the good-paying jobs of tomorrow and strengthen America's reputation as the land of opportunity.

-Since many years, the wealth gap between different racial groups in America has increased. What's your plan to get racial groups (especially Hispanics, African-Americans, Asian-Americans, etc.) out of poverty?

If we want to reduce poverty among minority groups, we need to increase wages, which requires making America the best place in the world to open a new business, reforming our tax and regulation code, reducing our national debt, taking full control of our energy resources and reinvigorating manufacturing.

Like I said earlier, school choice will cost immigrant families less and produce more outcomes unlike public education, which will expand opportunities for low-income students—especially minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to higher-income families, thus increasing their chances of success and of entry into the workforce.
We need to go to the community colleges and design education and training programs so that workers who lost their jobs get a second chance. That's our duty as a country.

Detroit, which most of the residents are African-Americans, represents a great example of the unfavorable and unfair living conditions the African-American community is suffering. Even during Barack Obama's eight years as President, our black community's living conditions didn't improve and President Kaine's failed economic policies are making things worse, which we saw last spring with a new bankruptcy in Detroit that killed jobs, increased poverty and offshored jobs and companies overseas. So we have to cut taxes for all the American people and for business owners and to build more factories, especially automobile factories, and schools in Detroit. And again, energy independence will also helping our automobile industry to re-emerge and to create jobs, including for African-Americans whether they live in Detroit or all across the country.

By promoting free trade with Latin America, we will give our businesses, including Hispanic small businesses in the United States thanks to language opportunities and their fluency in Spanish and English, new opportunities to innovate, to increase their competitiveness, to get new consumers by giving them access to American products, to create jobs in our country and ensure their business' expansion here and around the world. Thanks to their bilingualism, Hispanics will be dominant among the importers, exporters, translators and executives who ensure such a cultural and commercial exchange. Our innovation and competition capacity comes from our open markets as well as our constant quest for new markets.

-Closing statement

Thank you Jake, Mr. President, Congressman Ashe and Congressman Paul and thank you the people for watching this debate.

You know, this election matters more than ever before. This election is about the future of America and the future of the American Dream. There are many reasons to be concerned about the future of this great and beautiful country. The choice for the path we want to take is clear :

Either if the President is re-elected or Congressman Ashe is elected, we will keep seeing the middle-class crushed through the fall of incomes and an increase of prices, thus contributing to an increase of inflation and to higher unemployment rate. My opponents trust the government, but I trust the American people and it's willing and audacity to work hard in order live better lives and to rise their children for a better future.

If I'm President, we will help create over 10 million new jobs in America through free market solutions.

Either if the President is re-elected or Congressman Ashe is elected, Obamacare will be permanent, which will dramatically increase the cost of earning health services. Health premiums will rise by approximately 4000 $ per family.

If you put your trust in me, I will repeal and replace Obamacare by a better health care reform that will make health care more accessible to more Americans through reforms that will lower costs in the health care industry, which will reinforce the world's best medical care quality.
And finally, if President Kaine or Congressman Ashe were to be elected, there will be heavy cuts to our military, which will be a disaster for our national security and which terrorists will see as an opportunity to strike us or our allies.

If you elect me as your President, I will make our military stronger in order to face our foes more effectively. I will use all of my energy to keep America safe, strong, fair and prosperous for all the American people.

Thank you.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #676 on: February 01, 2017, 09:14:13 PM »

Ashe/Monds 2020
Taking America Back

Schedule for September 27-October 3 2020

September 27
-Fly to Maine
-Rally in Augusta, Maine
-Town Hall in Augusta, Maine
-Give lecture at University of Maine
-Fly to Washington

September 28
-Rally in Seattle, Washington with Gov. Inslee
-Rally in Tacoma, Washington with Bill Gates
-Radio interview with Thom Hartmann
-TOwn Hall in Spokane, Washington
-Rally in Aberdeen, Washington

September 29
-Fly to Ohio
-Rally in Cincinnati, Ohio with Former Senator Sherrod Brown
-Rally in Cleveland, Ohio with Former Congressman Dennis Kucinich
-Barnstorm in Logan County, Ohio
-Attend first Presidential Debate at the University of Dayton, Ohio

(rest of schedule to come after debate answers)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #677 on: February 01, 2017, 10:28:01 PM »

Tim Ashe debate answers

Thank you Jake, for being able to moderate tonight's debate. I'd also like to thank President Kaine, Senator Rubio and Congressman Paul for being here tonight. These men are all formidable candidates to be up against.

I believe this country stands on the verge of a crisis. The Democratic and Republican parties only care about lining their own pockets and little more. The only time they actually do something for the American people is when their corporate masters decide that the people are getting too close to finding out the truth.

Myself and John Monds represent change for this nation. We can create a nation where everyone is guaranteed healthcare and an education. We can create a nation that doesn't spend billions of dollars on an already bloated national military. We can create a nation with the ability to inspire greatness in other nations. That is why we're here.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well there's a rather simple method to do so: A nationwide infrastructure build. Our national infrastructure gets a grade of D-. That is just atrocious. Our bridges are collapsing and our highways are marked with potholes. Infrastructure in phenomenally important.

Unlike the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines though, my infrastructure plan creates 15 million new jobs, around 10 million of which would be permanent. Infrastructure is not a one-time thing; it needs to be maintained continuously over the years. Keystone XL will only create 35 permanent jobs while accelerating climate change by decades.

Let me be absolutely clear on this: this deficit was the result of an unjustified foreign invasion and years of out-of-control military spending. We have spent over $2 trillion on this war, and what did it accomplish? Absolutely nothing, apart from creating more terrorists. Around half of our discretionary budget is spent on the military. Yet, the same people who launched this war and gave billions in tax cuts to the rich along the way then turn around and say "we can't afford universal healthcare".

We can reduce the deficit by making the rich pay their fair share of taxes by introducing the Buffett Rule: No billionaire should be paying less than their secretary in taxes. That's just egregious. How can a a billionaire's secretary be paying less taxes than the billionaire himself?

As I said before, we can balance the budget through cutting military spending, end these pointless wars, and making the rich pay their share of taxes.

I believe surpluses should go towards bettering the lives of middle and working class America. I believe that any surplus must go towards Social Security and Medicare for all. I believe we should funnel it into infrastructure projects and towards creating better lives for the middle and working classes. '

We can also funnel surplus money into renewable energy research. We are badly falling behind in this regard, and we can't afford to delay any longer. Unless we want to leave the world in a bad shape, we must start looking towards renewables without delay.

This is obviously a hot topic at the moment. Energy independence is no good if it involves relying on things like coal, gas and oil. These materials are harming the planet. The same goes for the methods used for extracting them. Hydraulic fracking is harming the environment; this fact is inescapable. There is no such thing as "safe fracking". That is a fallacy.

For true, long term energy independence, we need to look to renewable energy. Wind farms, biofuel plantations, hydropower, and solar power. Climate change is real. THe science is correct, and 97% of the world's scientists will agree. this must be treated, as my friend Senator Sanders said four years ago, as a World War 2 level threat. Reports say the Middle East may be uninhabitable by the year 2100, which will mean an even worse refugee crisis.

We are more than capable of reversing this. The real question is, have we become too comfortable to try to reverse it?

The removal of the TPP was a great step in this direction. The pursuit of free trade over fair trade will continue to harm the average worker of this country. How are we supposed to tell an auto worker that his job's being shipped overseas because a Chinese worker can do the same job for an extremely low wage without having to worry about workers' rights or environmental regulations?

That is not moral. If we are going to pursue trade, we need to ensure that there are adequate wages, worker and environmental protections in place. This is why I proposed the Fair Trade Act last week. American manufacturing must come first.

It's simple: Public schools and colleges must be made debt-free. There are some students who have over 40,000 dollars in student loans to pay off. Not everyone can afford this. We need to focus on expanding our research and development sectors.

However, we cannot abandon our academic sector either. We're going to need teachers, professors and others to keep the economy going. If we don't have them, then we can't make education accessible. Let private areas teach what they want. However, private schools and colleges should not be receiving a single cent in government funding at all. The money we save from this would be enormous; we can use it to help pay for universal tuition for American children.

We must also look to train scientists, doctors and engineers to focus on creating our renewable energy sources. A College degree is the new high-school diploma. Everyone needs one.

First, we need to raise the federal minimum wage. $7.25 is just plain inept. There are people who are working two or three jobs a day, and are still jot making enough to support their families. That's just egregious. We need to raise it to $15 without delay and tie it to inflation. Heck, if the minimum wage remained tied to inflation since the 60s, it'd be over $20.

We can also continue with affirmative action. We need to ensure that all people have access to decent-paying jobs. School vouchers will do absolutely nothing to curb costs. In fact, failing to regulate costs of education will allow them to increase their fees dramatically, which means less people will be abel to go to schools and colleges to get an education

We also need to look at tackling gangs. What my opponents fail to understand is that gangs often give a sense of belonging in poor neighborhoods. When I campaigned in the Bronx, this was the information the NYPD gave me. These gangs give a sens of belonging. The best way to tackle them would be to co-opt them. Turn them into virtuous organizations who help kids get the education they need. We've tried gunning them down. Now we need to try another approach 

Closing statement

People of America, you face a choice this year. If you vote for President Kaine, you'll be voting for the same policies of the last 12 years. You'll be voting for sellouts to this country's biggest corporations and cowards who couldn't stand up to Republicans.

If you vote for Senator Rubio, then he will systematically dismantle the middle class by privatizing healthcare and Social Security. I know the Senator and his friends prefer the term "save and strengthen" but we should call it what it is: Privatization. Honestly, I'd respect them more if they just came out and said it. The Senator wants to continue our disastrous wars in the Middle East which will only harm America. The Senator wants to expand our already bloated national military to carry wars for profit because they line the pockets of his corporate donors. The Senator wants to expand the unconstitutional NSA spying, which is a direct violation of the Fourth Amendment.

If you want an administration that will resurrect the New Deal and the Great Society; one that will stand up for the middle class; one that will expand healthcare and Social Security; one that will prioritize the needs of the American people over the needs of the corporations and Wall Street, then I ask you to vote for the Progressive Liberty Party this year. Thank you. 

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #678 on: February 02, 2017, 12:18:57 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2017, 12:25:36 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's responses to Tim Ashe (before the closing statements)

-What are the differences between the four of you as to how you would make America energy independent?

This is obviously a hot topic at the moment. Energy independence is no good if it involves relying on things like coal, gas and oil. These materials are harming the planet. The same goes for the methods used for extracting them. Hydraulic fracking is harming the environment; this fact is inescapable. There is no such thing as "safe fracking". That is a fallacy.

For true, long term energy independence, we need to look to renewable energy. Wind farms, biofuel plantations, hydropower, and solar power. Climate change is real. THe science is correct, and 97% of the world's scientists will agree. this must be treated, as my friend Senator Sanders said four years ago, as a World War 2 level threat. Reports say the Middle East may be uninhabitable by the year 2100, which will mean an even worse refugee crisis.

We are more than capable of reversing this. The real question is, have we become too comfortable to try to reverse it?

Rubio's response :

Actually, TransCanada argued that Keystone XL would create jobs indirectly for companies that sell products and services used to build the pipeline, that's why my agenda forecasts encouraging manufacturing. The State Department report estimates that there would be a total of 42,000 indirect jobs created, with a total of $2 billion in wages.

And to boost the number of American jobs created through the construction of Keystone XL, we'll have to cut a deal with TransCanada to make sure that the pipeline will be built with U.S.-made pipe.

And let me tell you this Congressman : even if the project really creates only 35 jobs, every single job counts, especially in a time of recession, because we want jobs for every single American, which requires giving them an equal chance of entering the workforce. That's how the American Dream works.

-What is your plan to make America competitive in the world economy?

The removal of the TPP was a great step in this direction. The pursuit of free trade over fair trade will continue to harm the average worker of this country. How are we supposed to tell an auto worker that his job's being shipped overseas because a Chinese worker can do the same job for an extremely low wage without having to worry about workers' rights or environmental regulations?

That is not moral. If we are going to pursue trade, we need to ensure that there are adequate wages, worker and environmental protections in place. This is why I proposed the Fair Trade Act last week. American manufacturing must come first.

Rubio's response :

Well first of all Congressman, the workers' rights issue is precisely a reason why we excluded China from TPP because China is disrespectful towards workers' rights and human rights. Secondly, free trade is one of the necessary tools to avoid another Great Depression because protectionism will undermine our consumers' purchasing power, thus weakening consumption and consumption is an important element of economic growth. The Great Depression got longer and worse because of the legislation of the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act of 1930 that increased tariffs and reduced American exports and imports, thus increasing unemployment rate from 8 % in 1930 to 25 % in 1932.

So if you're looking for a leader of the past on this matter, don't look at me. Look at your at yourself in the mirror.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #679 on: February 02, 2017, 12:58:11 AM »

Responses to Marco Rubio's attacks

Well let's first understand what TransCanada is. TransCanada is a multi-billion dollar international energy company that is personally involved with Keystone XL. Then again, I expected you to defer to what a powerful corporation says. This is what Democrats and Republicans always do; they defer to men of money because those people fund their campaigns.

Senator, how much has TransCanada and other corporations released to your campaign? You want to know how much TransCanada and other corporations, along with Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, my supporters have donated to my campaign? Here, I release records of my donations from them *he throws his arms in the air* there ain't nothing here, Senator. How much have oil companies donated to your campaign? How much have companies like Exxon Mobil donated? How much have people like Rex Tillerson donated?  And I'll be insisting on an answer because the American people deserve to know. I mean, I know oil and gas companies donated over half a million to you in 2016. How much is it now?

And yet, companies still outsource their jobs to China with little to restriction. For all your tough talk Senator, you have been one of the cheerleaders for outsourcing; your voting record says so.

There is a difference between free trade and fair trade Senator. Fair trade is the more desirable of the two. I am not against trade, but we cannot claim to be protecting the rights of workers when countries like Brunei, who have Sharia Law, are involved in the TPP. How can you defend that?

I will also remind people that the massive unemployment rate came when we attempted full-scale Republican economics. The economy was not saved by the free market in the Great Depression, Senator. It was saved by the New Deal policies of President Roosevelt. Now, that great man would be the very antipathy of the modern Republican Party. So would his cousin, Teddy Roosevelt, who was a Republican.

Senator, I want trade just as much as you do, but we must ensure that the proper regulations are in place. We can't have trade just going openly to anyone. We have to protect American jobs; massive corporations will use them to outsource jobs to low wage countries so they can line their pockets. But that's okay, because these companies have already paid their bribes in campaign donations to your campaign and/or your party.

You want to look to the past? Fine, let's look at the past. Conservatives opposed the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act. It was a liberal Republican, Abraham Lincoln who ended slavery. It was another liberal Republican, Teddy Roosevelt, who broke up monopolies. Conservatives opposed the New Deal and the Great Society. Conservatives opposed the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act. Conservatives opposed child labor laws. Conservatives opposed desegregation. During the 1920s, conservative economics cause the Great Depression and FDR cleaned up Hoover's mess.

Liberals and progressives did all of these things, Senator. And conservatives opposed them. Talk about the past, and it will bite you. I am not some wishy-washy moderate Democrat who will bend and sway to the political winds.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #680 on: February 04, 2017, 05:58:20 AM »

Schedule for September 30-October 3

September 30
-Fly to Michigan
-Rally in Detroit, Michigan
-Rally in Flint, Michigan with John Conyers. Both Ashe and Conyers blasted the Democratic Mayor of Flint and the Republican Governor of Michigan Rick Snyder for their inadequate response to the dangerous levels of lead in the water
-Fly to the United Kingdom

October 1
-Attend a "Save the NHS" rally with Opposition Leader Jeremy Corbyn
-Fly to Austria
-Meet with Austrian President Alexander Van Der Bellen
-Fly to Burma
-Meet with Aung San Suu Kyi

October 2
-Fly to Australia
-Meet with Prime Minister Bill Shorten and Deputy Prime Minister Tanya Plibersek
-Fly to Maine
-Rally in Portland, Maine
-Rally in Augusta, Maine

October 3
-Rally in Brunswick, Maine
-Barnstorm in Penobscot County, Maine
-Barnstorm York County, Maine
-Town Hall in Auburn, Maine
-Town Hall in Ellsworth, Maine

Schedule for John Monds

October 27-30
-Appear at rallies for Wesley Clark and Gary Johnson

September 1
-All day debate prep with MLK III and Sen. Warren

September 2-3
-Leading campaign efforts in Maine

All surrogates will focus on Maine and Massachusetts.
R/H
« Reply #681 on: February 04, 2017, 12:02:11 PM »

Round 54 : October 4, 2020-October 10, 2020
R/H
« Reply #682 on: February 04, 2017, 12:29:54 PM »

New polls

Due to their strong debate performances, Marco Rubio and Tim Ashe made progress in the polls. But we will have to pay attention at the following weeks where we will be witnessing the vice-presidential debate and the finald two presidential debates.

General Election Polls

Tim Kaine vs Marco Rubio vs Tim Ashe vs Ron Paul

Marco Rubio : 49 %
Tim Kaine : 28 %
Tim Ashe : 23 %
Ron Paul : 0,5 %

Statewide Opinion Polls

Ohio

Marco Rubio : 53 %
Tim Kaine: 30 %
Tim Ashe : 17 %
Ron Paul : 1 %

Florida

Marco Rubio : 58 %
Tim Kaine : 32 %
Tim Ashe : 9 %

Iowa

Marco Rubio : 47 %
Tim Kaine : 37 %
Tim Ashe : 15 %

New Hampshire

Tim Kaine : 30 %
Tim Ashe : 22 %

Virginia

Marco Rubio : 44 %
Tim Kaine : 42 %
Tim Ashe : 14 %

North Carolina

Marco Rubio : 52 %

Colorado

Marco Rubio : 57 %

Nevada

Marco Rubio : 56 %
Tim Ashe : 13 %

Minnesota

Marco Rubio : 43 %
Tim Kaine : 34 %
Tim Ashe : 20 %

Wisconsin

Tim Kaine : 31 %

Michigan

Marco Rubio : 46 %
Tim Kaine : 33,5 %
Tim Ashe : 16 %

Pennsylvania

Marco Rubio : 51 %
Tim Kaine : 35 %

Maine

Marco Rubio : 41 %
Tim Ashe : 39 %
Tim Kaine : 20 %

Illinois

Marco Rubio : 45 %
Tim Ashe : 19 %

Vermont

Tim Ashe : 49 %
Tim Kaine : 27 %
Marco Rubio : 22 %

Washington state

Tim Ashe : 18 %

Massachusetts

Tim Ashe : 27 %

Demographic Polls

Whites

Marco Rubio : 54 %
Tim Kaine : 26 %

Hispanics

Marco Rubio : 55 %
Tim Kaine :  27 %

African-Americans

Tim Kaine : 49 %
Tim Ashe : 29 %
Marco Rubio : 21 %

Asian-Americans

Tim Kaine : 40 %
Marco Rubio : 38 %
R/H
« Reply #683 on: February 04, 2017, 01:31:50 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2017, 02:18:53 PM by R/H »

BREAKING NEWS

Draw match between Marco Rubio and Tim Ashe during the first presidential debate

The winners of the first presidential debate set at the University of Dayton in Dayton, Ohio, are Senator Marco Rubio and Congressman Tim Ashe. According to a CNN poll, 40 % of the respondents estimated that the Republican presidential nominee won the debate while 34 % said the same for the Vermont Congressman.

Incumbent President Tim Kaine has been described as the biggest loser of the debate. Only 18 % of the respondents mentioned him as the winner while 7 % said that Ron Paul won.

The Fair Trade Act fails to pass the Senate and is delayed

On September 28, the Fair Trade Act introduced by Progressive Libertarian nominee Congressman Tim Ashe that would have estalished renégociations of free trade deals failed to pass the Senate and is delayed.

The bill got only 38 « Yes » votes while 48 senators voted « No » and 3 senators abstained. Eleven senators were absent at the voting session. In fact, most of these senators, especially Cory Gardner (R-CO), Joni Ernst (R-IA), Thom Tillis (R-NC), Cory Booker (D-NJ), Jean Hassan (D-NH), Dick Durbin (D-IL), etc., decided to skip this vote in order to focus on their re-election campaigns.

Endorsements

Marco Rubio Sad Actor Denzel Washington, businessman and 2014 Independent Senatorial candidate in Kansas Greg Orman, Idaho Congressman Raul Labrador, former United States Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff, Former Ohio Governor Bob Taft

Tim Ashe Sad Former Governor Michael Dukakis, Former Congressman Alan Grayson, Attorney Kenneth Feinberg
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #684 on: February 05, 2017, 09:39:04 AM »
« Edited: April 19, 2017, 05:38:22 PM by UWS »

Rubio/Haley 2020
Right here Right now
Schedule for the week of October 4, 2020-October 10, 2020, Part 1

October 4, 2020
-Speech in front of the Black Infant Health-Central San Diego in San Diego, California, in an effort to attract African-American voters. Senator Rubio is asked by an undecided African-American voter what he would do to stop racist massive shootings against African-Americans Sad

To stop such outrageous shootings against your community, I will use the same leadership as I did four years ago by introducing the Terror Intelligence Improvement Act a few months after the Orlando shooting. This law is aimed at limiting gun sales to terrorists and suspected terrorists. As President, I will extend this law to make sure that it will keep guns away from not only terrorists but also from supremacists or any other psychopath like Dylann Roof (perpetrator of the Charleston shooting in 2015). That way, we can protect the Second Amendmentand our constitutional rights while stopping terrorists or supremacists from getting weapons to kill innocent people, including those from minority groups. Because white supremacists committing massive shootings against a minority group are not only not tolerating minority groups' rights to live like all other American citizens but they are embracing what we can call racist terrorism.

-Rally and fundraising event at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, CA
-Manufacturing policy speech at Cubic Corporation headquarters in San Diego, CA
-Foreign policy speech at General Atomics headquarters in San Diego, CA, where Senator Rubio is asked about Tim Ashe's claims during the first presidential debate that America « accomplished absolutely nothing » in the War on Terror Sad

Congressman Ashe got it wrong. We accomplished a lot of things in the War on Terror. In 2011, we killed Osama Bin Laden, leader of Al Qaida and perpetrator of the 9/11 attacks. ISIS' territory has been dramatically reduced in Syria and Iraq even if it now operates in other Middle East countries. Now what we have to do is to finish the job. Thanks to the legislation of my bill called to the Syrian Arms Nonproliferation Act that establishes penalties and sanctions for nations, persons or companies assisting Syria in acquiring chemical and missile technology or all other types of weapons of mass destruction, we stopped the Assad regime from getting the necessary weapons to slay its own people and we stopped Russia from supporting Assad materially and militarily, thus depriving this tyrannical regime that is practicing such form of terrorism by killing its own people. And thanks to the legislation of the Bipartisan Counterterrorist Coalition Act that I introduced in February, we created a great and powerful coalition reinforce defence ties with Turkey, Iraq, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India in order to fight terrorism in the Middle East. This bill also aimed at deterring Iran from getting nuclear weapons through sanctions unless Iran uses its nuclear energy only for economic purposes. If we haven't take action, if we hadn't done such accomplishments, Al Qaida would have won, Russia would have made his influence in Syria permanent, Iran would have got nuclear weapons and Iraq and Syria would have already been terrorist heavens.

If Congressman Ashe really believes that we accomplished absolutely nothing in the War on Terror, then he clearly demonstrated that he does not have the national security experience, judgement and leadership to keep America safe.

-Economic policy speech at Qualcomm headquarters in San Diego, CA
-Rally at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, CA, alongside San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer
-Immigration policy speech in San Diego, CA
-Energy policy speech at Sempra Energy headquarters in San Diego, CA, promoting the Transamerica pipeline for energy independence
-Economic policy speech in San Diego County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in San Diego, CA, where Marco Rubio gives efforts to attract Hispanic voters by talking about the advantages of school choice, free trade with Latin America, education and training program design and immigration reform for the Hispanic community in order to reinforce the American Dream. The speech is given in Spanish :

Mis abuelos y padres vino a este pais buscando una vida mejor. Es nuestro trabajo asegurarnos de que continuemos el sueno mi familia y tantos de ustedes han tenido, que requiere dejando de lado al gobierno y redujo los impuestos por todos Americanos, incluida por clase media, pobres y propietarios de pequenas empresas porque la mayor parte de puestos provienen de pequenas empresas. Como vimos durante las ultimas décadas, uno de los principales intrumentos por una economia mas solidaes una clase media mas fuerte.

La elección de escuela dará resultados positivos a los hispanos: los costos de educación más bajos para las familias, incluyendo las familias de inmigrantes de cheque a cheque, la producción de los resultados más altos, por el contrario viven a la educación pública. Se permite a los padres a guiar a sus hijos de las escuelas-funcionando mal asignados por el código postal y les otorgan una mejor educación en otros lugares. Se ampliará las oportunidades para los estudiantes -en particular las minorías de bajos ingresos, para asistir a escuelas de alta calidad que de otro modo sólo será accesible a las familias de altos ingresos, lo que les da una oportunidad razonable de éxito y un camino más fácil a la fuerza de trabajo.

Gracias a mi agenda pro-crecimiento para abrir oportunidades económicas para los hispanos y crear puestos de trabajo para ellos, esta gran comunidad ganará las mismas oportunidades que cualquier otro americano, porque Estados Unidos es la tierra donde todo es posible.

Gracias. Que Dios bendiga los Estados Unidos de America.

-Debate preparation with Rob Portman, Ted Cruz and Justin Amash

October 5, 2020
-Bus trip to Los Angeles, CA
-Barnstorm at Los Angeles' Chinatown in an effort to attract Asian-American voters
-Economic policy speech at the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce in Los Angeles, CA
-Visits South Los Angeles in an effort to attract African-American and Hispanic voters.
-Meet with college voters at the University of California in Los Angeles, CA
-Energy policy speech at Occidental Petroleum facility in Los Angeles, CA
-Health care policy at Halth Net headquarters in Los Angeles, CA
-Manufacturing policy speech at Reliance Steel & Aluminium Corporation headquarters in Los Angeles, CA
-Fundraising event at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles, CA
-Trade policy speech at the Port of Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA
-Rally at the Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, CA
-Interview with CNN Sad

Wolf Blitzer : Senator Rubio thank you for joining us for this interview.

Marco Rubio : That's a great honor Wolf.

Wolf Blitzer : We just learn that you started campaigning in California, a blue state that voted Democrat since 1992. Do you think you have chance to win this state this year in 2020?

Marco Rubio : Yes, I do.

Wolf Blitzer : Why?

Marco Rubio : Well, firstly, because I'm not Donald Trump [laughs]. Secondly, because even if California voted Democrat since almost 30 years, the Republican Party's strongest performance in California in recent history was in 2004 when John Kerry won this state over George W. Bush by less than 10 points of percentage (54,31 % for Kerry and 44,36 % for Bush). Thirdly, Tim Ashe's candidacy is dividing the liberal and progressive vote, which could help us winning blue states like California. Plus, Nikki Haley and I are from ethnic minorities and we are making progress among minority groups, we are leading nationally among Hispanics and we are closely trailing President Kaine among Asian-Americans and we are now getting over 20 % of voting intentions among African-Americans. Thanks to my position in favor of reforming our immigration system to give illegal immigrants a path to citizenship, we can do more. In addition, California's economy is dependent on trade and international related commerce accounts for about one-quarter of the state's economy. So TPP and free trade with Latin America will be beneficial for California as well as for all the country. By building the Transamerica pipeline, that would go from Pennsylvania to California, we will contribute to job creation in this state since oil is one of its main energy resources. It will encourage energy independence and help us investing into renewable energies through revenues from oil drilling, thus creating green jobs. That's why I think we can win California this year.

Wolf Blitzer : Senator Rubio, thank you.

Marco Rubio : Thank you.

-Watch the vice-presidential debate opposing Nikki Haley, Deval Patrick and John Monds
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #685 on: February 05, 2017, 10:07:42 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2017, 10:24:23 AM by UWS »

Rubio/Haley 2020
Right here Right now
Schedule for the week of October 4, 2020-October 10, 2020, Part 2

October 6, 2020
-Meet with college voters at California State University in Los Angeles, CA
-Rally at Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
-Economic and manufacturing policy speech at AECOM headquarters in Los Angeles, CA
-Economic policy speech at CBRE Group headquarters in Los Angeles, CA
-Dinner with the voters at the Mexican Village Restaurant in Los Angeles, CA
-Rally in Los Angeles, CA, alongside Denzel Washington who came there to announce his endorsement to Marco Rubio Sad

I'm an Independent, but now I decided to endorse Senator Marco Rubio for President of the United States because I appreciate his willing to compromise, especially on immigration, gun laws, energy and environment and even some times on foreign policy. We are a diverse nation with diverse ideas and Marco Rubio understands this. That's why I support him.

-Advertisement filming in Los Angeles, CA
-Bus trip to Santa Cruz, CA
-Rally at the University of California in Santa Cruz, CA, with Rubio's family
-Economic policy speech at Plantronics headquarters in Santa Cruz, CA
-Rubio spends time of amusement with his wife and four children at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk amusement park in Santa Cruz, CA

October 7, 2020
-Bus trip to San Jose, CA
-Engineering policy speech at Cisco Systems headquarters in San Jose, CA
-Economic policy speech at eBay headquarters in San Jose, CA
-Economic policy speech at Adobe Systems in San Jose, CA
-Rally at SAP Center in San Jose, CA
-Immigration policy speech at the Mexican Heritage Plaza in San Jose, CA
-Foreign policy speech in San Jose, CA, in favor of the establishment of the Pacific Treaty Organization, the Pacific Ocean's version of NATO, in order to maintain peace and stability on the Pacific by making sure that North Korea does not commit any nuclear attack and that China respects territorial integrity on South China Sea
-Flight to Washington D.C.
-Debate preparation with Rob Portman, Ted Cruz and Justin Amash on the plane

October 8, 2020
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.

October 9, 2020   
-Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad titled « Reviving our manufacturing industry » that promotes Rubio's plan to relaunch America's manufacturing industry. The ad airs in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, California, Oregon and the Washington state

« Reviving our manufacturing industry » advertisement narration Sad

Over the last twelve years, our economy suffered big government policies, taxes and regulations, which caused job losses and job exodus overseas.

Here's the alternative to this crisis : reviving our manufacturing industry, which requires cutting taxes and regulations for the middle class, poor people and business owners in order to increase their ability to compete, to produce, to sell and to hire.

We must also get us to energy independence by taking advantage of all of our energy resources in order not only to help us developing renewable energies through new revenues but also to encourage the manufacturing of cars (including electric and less-energy-consuming cars that will be less ), which will revive our automobile industry and make American cars less expensive than Asian cars, thus giving us the advantage in the Trans-Pacific Partnership. It will also help us to avoid bankruptcies in great cities of the Midwest such as Detroit, Chicago or Milwaukee and to avoid an expansion of such bankruptcies all across the country.

And finally, making our manufacturing industry more dynamic requires investing into the development of infrastructures, which will be done through future budget surpluses once the budget balanced, which will encourage our future business owners to do business here in America and will facilitate commercial activities.

That is the path for a stronger U.S. economy. I aim to follow this path and that's why I'm asking for your vote because America deserves much better that the situation we are living today.

I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.

October 10, 2020
-Bus trip to Ashland, Virginia
-Meet with college voters at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, VA
-Flight to Chicago, IL

Nikki Haley's schedule

October 4-October 5, 2020
-Debate preparation with Mitt Romney and Tim Scott
-Nikki Haley debates with Deval Patrick and John Monds at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina

October 6-October 10, 2020
-Haley campaigns for Rubio in California, Oregon and Minnesota

Surrogate schedule

October 4-October 10, 2020
-Surrogates will be focusing mostly on California, Oregon, the Washington state, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan and Ohio
-Mikhaïl Prokhorov will be campaigning for Marco Rubio through Skype during town halls with the voters
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #686 on: February 06, 2017, 03:48:22 PM »

Ron Paul Campaign Schedule October 4-10

October 4, 2020
-Fly to Illinois
-Rally in Chicago
-Poverty Speech in Chicago
-Town Hall in Chicago
-Drive to Aurora
-Foreign Policy Speech in Aurora
-Twitter Q&A
-Townhall in Aurora
-Dinner with supporters

October 5, 2020
-Drive to Joliet
-Rally in Joliet
-Doorknock with supporters in Joliet
-Townhall in Joliet
-Economic Policy Speech in Joliet
-Drive to Rockford
-Rally in Rockford
-Townhall in Rockford
-Personal Liberty speech in Rockford

October 6, 2020
-Fly to Ohio
-Rally in Cleveland
-Build ground infrastructure
-Townhall in Cleveland
-Education Speech in Cleveland
-2nd TownHall in Cleveland
-Lunch with supporters
-Drive to Columbus
-Rally in Columbus
-Trade Speech in Columbus
-Townhall in Columbus

October 7, 2020
-Drive to Cincinnati
-Twitter Q&A
-Rally in Cincinnati
-Townhall in Cincinnati
-doorknock with supporters
-Foreign Policy Speech in Cincinnati
-2nd Townhall in Cincinnati
-Dinner with supporters

October 8, 2020
-Fly to Maine
-Rally in Augusta
-Doorknock with supporters in Augusta
-Townhall in Augusta
-Healthcare speech in Augusta
-Build Ground infrastructure in Augusta
-Education Speech in Augusta
-2nd Townhall in Augusta
-Dinner with supporters

October 9, 2020
-Drive to Portland
-Rally in Portland
-Economic Speech in Portland
-Establish ground infrastructure in Portland
-Townhall in Portland
-Trade Policy Speech in Portland
-Drive to Lewiston
-Rally in Lewiston
-Townhall in Lewiston
-Role of government speech in Lewiston
-build ground infrastructure in Lewiston

October 10, 2020
-Fly to New York
-Rally in NYC
-Build ground infrastructure in NYC
-Townhall in NYC
-Economic Policy Speech in NYC
-Meet with college voters at NYU
-Personal Liberty Speech at NYU
-Townhall at NYU
-Townhall in NYC
-Education Speech in NYC

WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #687 on: February 06, 2017, 03:50:23 PM »

Ron Paul is announcing that his vice presidential pick will be the candidate who finishes 2nd in the electoral college. In order to promote bipartisanship and an agenda of liberty Ron thinks it is important to have many viewpoints in government.
R/H
« Reply #688 on: February 07, 2017, 11:16:20 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2017, 11:23:12 AM by R/H »

Vice-Presidential debate at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina

Date : October 5th, 2020

Participants : Vice-President Deval Patrick (D), former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley (R) and activist John Monds (PLP)

Moderator : George Stephanopoulos

Podium order was determined by the average of the national polls :

Monds    Haley    Patrick

George Stephanopoulos' opening statement :

Good evening. From Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and welcome to the first, and only, vice presidential debate of 2020, sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates.

I'm George Stephanopoulos, Chief Anchor and the Chief Political Correspondent for ABC News. It's an honor to moderate this debate between Vice-President Deval Patrick, former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley and Mr. John Monds.

The campaigns have agreed to the rules of this 90-minute debate. There will be three different segments covering economic and domestic issues as well as social issues and foreign policy issues. Each segment will begin with a question to all three candidates who will each have two minutes to answer. Then I'll ask follow-up questions to facilitate a discussion between the candidates.

We have an enthusiastic audience tonight. They've agreed to only express that enthusiasm once at the end of the debate and right now as we welcome Vice-President Deval Patrick, former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley and Mr. John Monds.

(APPLAUSE)

Questions

-This is the first vice-presidential debate opposing only running mates from ethnic minorities. That's why we call it the "Multicolor debate". How do you feel about that?

-Last November, we witnessed an emergence of ISIS in Egypt. Nine US ambassadors were killed at that time in Cairo and ISIS multiplie dits terrorist attacks in Egypt, which raised rumors claiming that the leader of Al Qaida Ayman al-Zawahiri might be hidding in Egypt, his birthplace. Do you believe he's there? And if yes how do you intend to capture or kill him?

-Should Ukraine and Finland become NATO members?

-Since the beginning of the Syrian Civil War in 2011, over 700 000 people are killed, and an important part of these victims are civilian people killed by the Assad regime for opposing Assad’s oppression. Do you believe Bachar al-Assad is committing genocide in Syria by slaying his own people and that Russia is a partner in crime in such a genocide?

-Mr. Monds, Congressman Ashe focused most of his economic agenda on manufacturing. Last week, during the first presidential debate, Senator Rubio said, I quote :

« Dayton gave birth to aviation and is known for its high concentration of aerospace and aviation technology. […] Local companies snagged some of that construction work. In 2009, for example, Wilcon Construction of Dayton, won a 13 million $ expansion and renovation project at the 88th Security Forces Squadron Operations facility at the base. In addition, state officials are working to make the Dayton region a hub and a leader for UAV research and manufacturing. In all, defense spending accounted for more than 6 billion $ in economic activity in South Carolina in 2014. That’s 1,262 $ per resident. A strong defense industrial base is essential to both our national security and our local economies. So defense manufacturing will be beneficial for both our economy and our national security. »

So I ask you the following question : do you think your administration would risk of cutting manufacturing jobs by cutting military spending as Congressman Ashe seeks to do as President?

-Governor Haley, Senator Rubio said that we can increase oil drilling while protecting the environment through encouraging renewable energies. How is that possible?

-The following question will be asked to you Vice-President Patrick and Governor Haley. Both of you have similar backgrounds : you were both governors of a U.S. State and you have private sector experience, since you Mr. Vice-President you were a managing director at Bain Capital and you Governor Haley worked at Exotica International before being named at the board of directors of the Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce, then of the Lexington Chamber of Commerce and becoming president of the South Carolina Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners.

So I want to hear from both of you : why do you have the best business experience to bring in your administration to get America back to work? Mr. Vice-President you go first, then Governor Haley and then Mr. Monds you will have the chance to respond.

-Mr. Vice President, when President Kaine was Governor of Virginia, he was against abortion before changing his position. How do you argue that this changing position is not through political calculation?

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #689 on: February 07, 2017, 04:55:38 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2017, 11:27:27 PM by Kingpoleon, Never The Best/Worst Poster »

JOHN MONDS' ANSWERS PART ONE

I believe the American path is one of diversity. I speak not of diversity of color, but diversity of thought. In America, the biggest lie is our biggest weakness. The American duopoly, the two party system, has told you that your worst enemy is the other party's voters. We have been told it is not polite to bring up politics. Do you know why it is not polite? Because the duopoly system of hatred of the enemy has caused the greatest division in our country, it is not polite. If we defeat this duopoly, we can become better. We can discuss politics without fighting. An exchange of ideas, a diversity of thought, is what we advocate for.

I would advocate to President Ashe to investigate this matter. We will kill him if it saves even one life of our men on the mission.

Yes. If Ukraine seems to have a doubtful democracy, we would be willing to ask our allies in the region, such as Germany and Poland, to consider observing the elections. We would not do so without a willing and welcoming Ukrainian response.

The Assad regime should be brought down. We will negotiate with him. Should Assad refuse to stop mass murders, we will work with our allies in the region, such as Turkey, diplomatically. If it is possible to depose him with minimal bloodshed, once all other problems are taken care of, we will do so. In the mean time, it does not seem advisable to march head on with no plan into the Middle East.

Senator Rubio is from a similar part of the South as me. Let me assure you: this is double talk. Any cut of manufacturing jobs would only come from the military-industrial complex which has consistently been supported by the two sides of the same coin. The military-industrial complex, held up by the Democrats and Republicans, is directly opposed to the interests of the American people.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #690 on: February 09, 2017, 12:51:15 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2017, 07:58:13 PM by UWS »

Nikki Haley's debate answers, Part 1

-This is the first vice-presidential debate opposing only running mates from ethnic minorities. That's why we call it the "Multicolor debate". How do you feel about that?

I feel that this debate demonstrates that everything is possible in America and that America is incontestably the land of opportunity. Even though we don't agree on most of the issues, Mr. Monds is right : our country has not only a diversity of color, but also a diversity of thought, ideas and views. Marco Rubio and I understand this and that's why we are ready, as representatives of the American Dream, to lead this country for all the American people and to work with Republicans, Democrats and Progressive Libertarians in order to get things done and to move America forward in order to make our country's future better than the last four years in which we saw higher unemployment at 8,1 % today, higher poverty, bigger energy dependence, stronger terrorist threat and national division.

-Last November, we witnessed an emergence of ISIS in Egypt. Nine US ambassadors were killed at that time in Cairo and ISIS multiplie dits terrorist attacks in Egypt, which raised rumors claiming that the leader of Al Qaida Ayman al-Zawahiri might be hidding in Egypt, his birthplace. Do you believe he's there? And if yes how do you intend to capture or kill him?

The Rubio Administration will first put in place an investigation to get information confirming Zawahiri's presence in Egypt. We will then will increase the number of American warships on Eastern Mediterranean Sea, establish more military  and naval bases in this region, reinforce our regional military alliances and engage more warplanes and drones to destroy terrorist bases and force terrorists, including Ayman al-Zawahiri, to get out of their refuges, which will help us capturing or killing Ayman al-Zawahiri for the sake of justice, security and liberty.

-Should Ukraine and Finland become NATO members?

Yes, they should. These countries need to keep their democratic political status, which requires making sure that Russia doesn't attempt to hack elections in Ukraine and Finland to ensure the election of pro-Russian governments, which would decrease the European continent's stability.
Vladimir Putin's insanity needs to stop now and the invasion of Eastern Europe by Russia has to stop now. So we need an expansion of NATO, which will increase pressure on Moscow and reinforce the spirit of solidarity towards our allies. Ukraine's and Finland's NATO memberships will be a great step to such a procedure. So by strengthening and enlarging our regional alliances, increasing our military presence in Eastern Europe as well as on the Black Sea and by giving military assistance, we will stop any Russian invasion, defeat the pro-Russian insurrection in Ukraine and give Crimea back to Ukraine, thus restoring peace and freedom in Eastern Europe, which will be a victory for democracy.

-Since the beginning of the Syrian Civil War in 2011, over 700 000 people are killed, and an important part of these victims are civilian people killed by the Assad regime for opposing Assad’s oppression. Do you believe Bachar al-Assad is committing genocide in Syria by slaying his own people and that Russia is a partner in crime in such a genocide?

Bachar al-Assad is a tyrant who kills anybody who doesn't stand with him or fights against him. He possesses dangerous chemical weapons that would cause catastrophic and deadly impacts. So yes, Assad is committing genocide against his own people, that's why he needs to step down.

Assad is Russia's main economic partner on the Mediterranean Sea. Instead of prioritizing the fight against ISIS in Syria, Vladimir Putin decided to help Assad defeating the Syrian rebellion by providing the Assad regime through weapons. By providing weapons to the Assad regime, thus allowing it to launch further attacks against the Syrian rebellion, Russia is only complicating our fight against terrorism. So Russia is effectively a partner in crime in this genocide that the Assad regime is committing.

But the Syria Nonproliferation Act introduced in the Senate by Marco Rubio last spring reversed this situation by deterring any foreign arms transfers to the Assad regime and increasing diplomatic and economic sanctions against any nation, company or individual providing Assad in weapons, which, in addition of making our antiterrorist crusade easier, weaken the Assad regime forces against the rebels who will take the upper hand against Assad's troops, thus clearing a path for Syria to freedom, democracy, stability and peace. Thanks to the establishment of a democratic government in Syria, the Syrian people will regain trust in their government. And it's also through trust to a more integrate and democratic government that the fight against terrorism will be successful. That's how we're going give Syria back to the Syrian people, make the Middle East safer and make jihadist terrorism extinct.

-Mr. Monds, Congressman Ashe focused most of his economic agenda on manufacturing. Last week, during the first presidential debate, Senator Rubio said, I quote :

« Dayton gave birth to aviation and is known for its high concentration of aerospace and aviation technology. […] Local companies snagged some of that construction work. In 2009, for example, Wilcon Construction of Dayton, won a 13 million $ expansion and renovation project at the 88th Security Forces Squadron Operations facility at the base. In addition, state officials are working to make the Dayton region a hub and a leader for UAV research and manufacturing. In all, defense spending accounted for more than 6 billion $ in economic activity in South Carolina in 2014. That’s 1,262 $ per resident. A strong defense industrial base is essential to both our national security and our local economies. So defense manufacturing will be beneficial for both our economy and our national security. »

So I ask you the following question : do you think your administration would risk of cutting manufacturing jobs by cutting military spending as Congressman Ashe seeks to do as President?

Well, I'm from a similar part of the South as Senator Rubio and Mr. Monds as well since I'm from South Carolina while Senator Rubio is from Florida and Mr. Monds from Georgia. I know Marco Rubio well enough to know that he knows what he's talking about.

Under a Rubio administration there won't be any cut among any type of jobs, including manufacturing jobs. Tim Ashe suggests that we leave the people working in the military-industrial complex out in the cold by cutting their jobs. Marco Rubio and I disagree with such a dangerous agenda. We need to keep these manufacturing jobs in America and keep our defense industrial base strong. Because, unlike what my opponent claimed, the military-industrial complex works in favor of the American people since it not only creates jobs, provides billions of dollars in economic activity. My home state of South Carolina represents a great example of this matter of fact and in addition I was Governor of this state at that time. This industry also makes our military stronger through modernized military technology and better preparedness for our troops, thus ensuring a stronger national security.

I know we are not witnessing a third world war, but we know that during the two world wars, before entering these conflicts, our country encouraged defense manufacturing in the arms industry, which not only provided weapons to our allies but also created jobs in America, including in the manufacturing sector, which started one of the greatest economic booms in American history, thus ending the last traces of unemployment after a decade of Great Depression.

That's why defense manufacturing is one of the necessary tools for a stronger, safer and more prosperous America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #691 on: February 09, 2017, 12:52:06 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2017, 07:58:26 PM by UWS »

Nikki Haley's debate answers, Part 2

-Governor Haley, Senator Rubio said that we can increase oil drilling while protecting the environment through encouraging renewable energies. How is that possible?

Well, first of all, we can exploit underwater oil resources with underwater tankers, which will make us able to exploit the Arctic's oil reserves without risking of hurting the environment. By increasing oil drilling, exploitation and production, we not only create jobs but also get revenues, which a part will be invested into the development of renewable energies to pursue further job creation and to improve our ecological footprint.

Norway is the largest producer of oil and natural gas in Europe. And yet Norway is classified among the most ecological countries in the world due to its abundant hydraulic energy and due to the priority this country is giving to energy research in order to develop the necessary technologies for energy exploitation, for energy efficiency, for hydrogen and for CO2 capture and storage.

So by following Norway's example, we can encourage oil production, get America to energy independence, invest into the development of renewable energies, protect the environment and ensure America's prosperity. That's why Marco Rubio calls it « America's Energy Revolution ».

-The following question will be asked to you Vice-President Patrick and Governor Haley. Both of you have similar backgrounds : you were both governors of a U.S. State and you have private sector experience, since you Mr. Vice-President you were a managing director at Bain Capital and you Governor Haley worked at Exotica International before being named at the board of directors of the Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce, then of the Lexington Chamber of Commerce and becoming president of the South Carolina Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners.

So I want to hear from both of you : why do you have the best business experience to bring in your administration to get America back to work? Mr. Vice-President you go first, then Governor Haley and then Mr. Monds you will have the chance to respond.

Thank you George for mentioning my business background. This background is one of the reasons why Marco Rubio selected me as his running mate in order to make sure that the economy remains the number one issue of this campaign and to make this election a referendum on the terrible economic conditions of the last twelve years. By the way, between January 2009 and March 2012, 9 lost jobs on 10 were occupied by women.

I'm proud of my business experience in which I created jobs, which most of them are now occupied by women. As Governor of South Carolina, I reduced the cost of doing business there, reduced corporate income tax rate to 5 %, abolished state property tax, local income tax, inventory tax, sales tax on manufacturing equipment, wholesale tax and unitary tax on worldwide profits, which helped my state to have industrial power or materials for finished products and boosted job creation and innovation. These pro-growth policies made South Carolina the best place to open a new business and reduced the local unemployment rate from 12 % to 5 % during my governorship.

That's why these policies that Marco Rubio and I will adopt at the White House will get this country back to work and make it prosperous again.

-Mr. Vice President, when President Kaine was Governor of Virginia, he was against abortion before changing his position. How do you argue that this changing position is not through political calculation?

Well, President Kaine is neither pro-choice, nor pro-life. He is multiple-choice.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #692 on: February 11, 2017, 11:20:03 PM »

Ashe/Monds 2020
Taking America Back

Schedule for October 4-10

October 4
-Fly to Massachusetts
-Rally in Boston, Massachusetts with Former Governor and 1988 Democratic presidential nominee Michael Dukakis

-Following this rally, a new campaign poster was distributed:

-Interviews with Boston media outlets

October 5
-Fly to Michigan
-Rally in Detroit, Michigan

-Assist in building infrastructure for Congressional candidates

October 6
-Fly to New York
-Rally for Colin Powell's Mayoral campaign
-Rally at the Kleinhans Music Hall, New York. Several people who had supported Bobby Kennedy in the 60s showed up, and as Ashe left, a new slogan started up:
-Interview with the New York Times. During the interview, Ashe expressed slight embarrassment at his childhood nickname being dragged up, but was receptive to the slogan.
-Reddit AMA. After the AMA, a new hashtag began on Twitter: #allthewaywithTimmyA

October 7
-Fly to Illinois
-Attend Clark for Senate rally in Chicago
-Campaign for Wesley Clark

October 8
-Fly to New Mexico
-Attend Johnson for Senate rally in Santa Fe
-Campaign for Gary Johnson

October 9
-Fly to Washington
-Rally in Seattle, Washington with Gov. Inslee
-Rally in Tacoma, Washington
-Give guest lecture at the University of Washington
-Recruit candidates at the University of Washington for 2022

October 10
-Fly to California
-Rally in Los Angeles, California with Fmr. Gov. Brown
-Rally in Oakland, California with Sen. Harris
-Interview with The Young Turks
-Campaign  for Congressional candidates

Monds will be leading surrogate teams in California, Washington and Maine
R/H
« Reply #693 on: February 12, 2017, 08:24:20 AM »

Round 55 : October 11, 2020-October 17, 2020
R/H
« Reply #694 on: February 12, 2017, 09:27:43 AM »

New polls

General Election Polls

Tim Kaine vs Marco Rubio vs Tim Ashe vs Ron Paul

Marco Rubio : 49 %
Tim Ashe : 22 %

Statewide Opinion Polls

Ohio

Marco Rubio : 54 %
Tim Kaine: 30 %

Florida

Marco Rubio : 58 %
Tim Ashe : 9 %

Iowa

Tim Kaine : 37 %

New Hampshire

Marco Rubio : 48 %
Tim Ashe : 21 %

Virginia

Tim Kaine : 41 %

North Carolina

Marco Rubio : 53 %

Colorado

Nevada

Tim Ashe : 12 %

Minnesota

Marco Rubio : 43 %

Wisconsin

Michigan

Tim Kaine : 31,5 %
Tim Ashe : 17 %

Pennsylvania

Marco Rubio : 51 %

Maine

Tim Ashe : 38 %
Tim Kaine : 20 %

Illinois

Vermont

Tim Ashe : 49 %
Tim Kaine : 27 %

Washington state

Massachusetts

Tim Ashe : 27 %

Demographic Polls

Whites

Marco Rubio : 55 %
Tim Kaine : 26 %
Tim Ashe : 18 %

Hispanics

Marco Rubio : 56 %
Tim Kaine :  26 %

African-Americans

Tim Kaine : 48 %
Tim Ashe : 29 %

Asian-Americans

Tim Kaine : 39 %
Marco Rubio : 39 %
R/H
« Reply #695 on: February 12, 2017, 09:56:20 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2017, 10:46:20 AM by R/H »

BREAKING NEWS

October surprise :
Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign accepted Chinese donations

Yesterday, at the conclusion of an investigation on electoral integrity of the 2016 presidential election, the FBI discovered and reported that Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign received and accepted foreign donations, especially from China.

According to this investigation, some Chinese donators, businessmen and officials feared that Donald Trump would trigger a trade war against China if he was elected President of the United States in 2016. So these people decided to ensure Hillary Clinton's victory by giving 5 billion $ to her campaign.

If this is effectively the October surprise of 2020, Tim Kaine, who was Hillary Clinton's running mate in 2016, is the presidential candidate most likely to suffer from it.

Nikki Haley wins the Vice-Presidential debate

According to CNN, Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio's running mate, made the strongest performance during the vice-presidential debate set on October 5 at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. CNN's poll reported that 52 % of the respondents mentionned the former South Carolina Governor and Republican vice-presidential nominee as the winner of the debate while 29 % of the respondents said the same for John Monds, Tim Ashe's running mate, and 20 % for Vice-President Deval Patrick.

One of Haley's most remarkable debate performances that night was when she called Tim Kaine « multiple-choice » due to the President's changing position on abortion during his political career. She defended Rubio's energy plan by mentioning Norway's energy policy in which while being one of the world's greatest oil producers is considered as one of the most ecological countries in the world due to this nation's contribution to energy research and renewable energy development. In addition, she countered Monds' claims that the military-industrial complex is « against the American people's interests » by evoking this industry's contribution to the U.S. Economy as well as to the U.S. military power and national security and by citing the example of the end of World War II when began « one of the greatest economic booms in American history, thus ending the last traces of unemployment after a decade of Great Depression ».

Endorsements

Marco Rubio Sad President and CEO of the United States Chamber of Commerce Tom J. Donohue, Norwegian President Erna Solberg, Texas Congressman Will Hurd, former Vermont Governor Jim Douglas, U.S. Ambassador to Russia John F. Tefft

Tim Ashe Sad Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Bill Nye, Actor Martin Sheen, Former Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton, President of Ireland Michael Higgins
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #696 on: February 12, 2017, 04:51:40 PM »

I'm surprised that this game lasted this long. Usually, people lose interest around the first primary.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #697 on: February 14, 2017, 09:10:13 AM »
« Edited: February 14, 2017, 12:26:20 PM by UWS »

Rubio/Haley 2020
Right here Right now
Schedule for the week of October 11-October 17, 2020

October 11, 2020
-Speech in Chicago denouncing the recent October surprise Sad

As expected, we are witnessing an October surprise, like it happens every four years. But this time, we learned that Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign accepted funds from Chinese donators who were afraid that Donald Trump's election would have triggered a trade war between the United States and China. I understand their concern on trade, but that's not a reason to make intrusion in an American presidential election by giving contributions and that's not a reason for Clinton's campaign to accept such foreign donations, which threats electoral integrity. Only the American people decides who should lead our country.

So once again, Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine lied to the American people by promising electoral integrity against potential Russia hacking while they took any measure to win this election by accepting foreign donations. Mr. President, democratic elections are not for sale. I will never tolorate that and the American people will never tolorate that. We are in a democracy, not in an aristocracy. I only trust the American people's conviction, judgement and patriotism for the choice of our next President.

-Meet with college voters at the Harold Washington Library Center in Chicago, IL
-Foreign policy speech in Chicago, IL
-Economic policy speech in Chicago, IL
-Energy policy speech in Chicago, IL
-Flight to Grand Rapids, Michigan
-Infrastructure policy speech in Grand Rapids, MI, in which Marco Rubio promotes the construction of a bridge connecting Grand Rapids and Milwaukee through Holland, MI, in order to facilitate commercial and economic activities Sad

We need to balance the budget, which will allow us to use a part of budget surpluses in the investment of the development of new infrastructures. in America. that way, we will facilitate our economic and trade activities all across this country, which will make our economy and our companies much more dynamic and competitive and ensure further job creation. That's why I believe that we need the construction of a bridge above Lake Michigan connecting Grand Rapids and Milwaukee through Holland, all cities known for their status as great contributors to America's prosperity through the development of our industry.

This will be another bridge to the future. That way, we can bring the Midwest and all America back to work for a better, brighter and more prosperous future.

Thank you, God bless America.

-Economic policy speech at GE Aviation Systems facility in Grand Rapids, MI
-Economic policy speech at Johnson Controls facility in Holland, MI
-Manufacturing policy speech in Holland, MI Sad

The right way to boost our manufacturing industry is not to rip our free trade deals. If we want to revive and boost our manufacturing industry, we have to cut taxes and regulations on manufacturing industry and manufacturing businesses. We need to abolish the sales taxes on manufacturing equipment. That way, we're going to make our manufacturing industry dynamic again and much more able to be competitive, to produce, to manufacture, to sell and to create good-paying manufacturing jobs. That's exactly what Nikki Haley, my running mate, did when she was Governor of South Carolina, which contributed to a reduction of the unemployment rate from 12 % to 5 % in her home state during the eight years of her governorship.

America's prosperity comes from the ingenuity and entrepreneurship and hard work of the American people. So we need to put the government aside and cut taxes for all the American people, for business owners and for our manufacturing industry. That's how America will reclaim it's economic strength and prosperity for all the American people.

Thank you. God bless you, God bless our manufacturing workers and God bless the United States of America.

October 12, 2020
-Rally in Zeeland, MI, alongside Nikki Haley and former Michigan Governor Rick Snyder
-Economic policy speech at Gentex headquarters in Zeeland, MI
-Meet with college voters at Hope College in Zeeland, MI
-Flight to Albuquerque, New Mexico
-All afternoon, debate preparation with Rob Portman, Ted Cruz and Justin Amash
-Marco Rubio debates with Tim Kaine, Tim Ashe and Ron Paul at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, New Mexico

October 13, 2020
-Flight to San Jose, California
-Meet with college voters at San Jose State University in San Jose, CA
-Rally at Avaya Stadium in San Jose, CA
-Bus trip to Palo Alto, CA
-Economic policy speech at Hewlett Packard Enterprise in Palo Alto, CA
-Engineering policy speech at Apple headquarters in Cupertino, CA
-Economic policy speech at Nvidia headquarters in Santa Clara, CA
-Economic policy speech at Oracle headquarters in Santa Clara, CA
-Innovation policy speech at Intel Security headquarters in Santa Clara, CA
-Space policy speech at Ames Research Center in Mountain View, CA

October 14, 2020
-Bus trip to San Francisco, CA
-Barnstorm in San Francisco's Chinatown in San Francisco, CA, in an effort to attract Asian-American voters
-Immigration policy speech at the Mexican Museum in San Francisco, CA
-Speech at the Hispanic Chambers of Commerce of San Francisco in San Francisco, CA
-Economic policy speech at Ammunition Design Group headquarters in San Francisco, CA
-Energy policy speech at 3Degrees headquarters in San Francisco, CA
-Energy policy speech at the Pacific Gas and Electric Company headquarters San Francisco, CA
-Meet with college voters at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, CA

October 15, 2020
-Free trade policy speech at the Port of San Francisco in San Francisco, CA
-Meet with college voters at the University of California in San Francisco, CA
-Foreign policy speech at the War Memorial Opera House in San Francisco, CA
-Visits the Mission District in an effort to attract Hispanic and African American voters
-Rally at the Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, CA, alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger
-Dinner with the voters and the donors at the San Francisco Ferry Building in San Francisco, CA
-Bus trip to Sacramento, CA
-Economic policy speech at Teichert headquarters in Sacramento, CA

October 16, 2020

-Economic policy speech at Sacramento Asian-Pacific Chamber of Commerce in Sacramento, CA
-Rally at Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, CA
-Meet with college voters at California State University in Sacramento, CA
-Dinner with the voters at Sacramento Beer Week in Sacramento, CA
-Rally at Raley Field in Sacramento, CA
-Speech at Latino Center of Art and Culture in Sacramento, CA, in an effort to attract Hispanic voters
-Fundraising event at the Sacramento Convention Center Complex in Sacramento, CA
-Flight to Washington D.C.

October 17, 2020

Nikki Haley's schedule
October 11-October 17, 2020
-Nikki Haley attends at a rally with Marco Rubio in Grand Rapids in Grand Rapids, Michigan
-Haley campaigns for Marco Rubio in Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania
-Appear at rallies for Republican senatorial candidates such as Joe Walsh (Illinois), Peter Cianchette (Maine) and Scott Taylor (Virginia)

Surrogate schedule

October 11-October 17, 2020
- Susan Collins and Joe Lieberman campaign for Marco Rubio in Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts
-Carly Fiorina and Condoleezza Rice campaign for Marco Rubio in California
-Paul Ryan campaigns for Marco Rubio in Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota
-John Kasich campaign for Marco Rubio in Ohio
-Jeb Bush campaigns for Marco Rubio in Florida
-Rick Snyder campaigns for Marco Rubio in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio and Illinois
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #698 on: February 14, 2017, 10:01:54 AM »

Ron Paul Campaign Schedule October 11-17

October 11, 2020
-Fly to Idaho
-Rally in Boise
-Townhall in Boise
-Economy Policy Speech in Boise
-Build Ground Game in Boise
-2nd Rally in Boise
-Drive to Twin Falls
-Rally in Twin Falls
-Townhall in Twin Falls
-Size of government rally in Twin Falls

October 12, 2020
-Fly to Washington
-Rally in Seattle
-Townhall in Seattle
-Foreign Policy Speech in Seattle
-Build ground infrastructure in Seattle
-Drive to Spokane
-Rally in Spokane
-Twitter Q&A
-Townhall in Spokane
-Trade Policy Speech in Spokane

October 13, 2020
-Fly to California
-Rally in San Francisco
-Townhall in San Francisco
-Economy Policy Speech in San Francisco
-Foreign Policy Speech in San Francisco
-Drive to Los Angeles
-Rally in Los Angeles
-Townhall in Los Angeles
-Personal Liberty Speech in Los Angeles

October 14, 2020
-Fly to New Mexico
-Rally in Santa Fe
-Townhall in Santa Fe
-Economy Policy Speech in Santa Fe
-Drive to Albuquerque
-Townhall in Albuquerque
-Rally in Albuquerque
-Townhall in Albuquerque
-Foreign Policy Speech in Albuquerque

October 15, 2020
-Fly to Ohio
-Rally in Cleveland
-Build ground infrastructure
-Townhall in Cleveland
-Education Speech in Cleveland
-2nd TownHall in Cleveland
-Lunch with supporters
-Drive to Columbus
-Rally in Columbus
-Trade Speech in Columbus
-Townhall in Columbus

October 16, 2020
-Drive to Cincinnati
-Twitter Q&A
-Rally in Cincinnati
-Townhall in Cincinnati
-doorknock with supporters
-Foreign Policy Speech in Cincinnati
-2nd Townhall in Cincinnati
-Dinner with supporters

October 17, 2020
-Fly to Maine
-Rally in Augusta
-Doorknock with supporters in Augusta
-Townhall in Augusta
-Healthcare speech in Augusta
-Build Ground infrastructure in Augusta
-Education Speech in Augusta
-2nd Townhall in Augusta
-Dinner with supporters

R/H
« Reply #699 on: February 15, 2017, 11:59:31 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2017, 06:31:43 AM by R/H »

Second presidential debate at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Date : October 12th, 2020

Participants : President Tim Kaine (D), Florida Senator Marco Rubio (R), Congressman Tim Ashe (PLP), former Texas Congressman Ron Paul (I)

Moderator : Tom Brokaw

Podium order was determined by the average of the national polls :

Ashe   Rubio   Kaine    Paul

Tom Brokaw's opening statement :

Good evening from the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I'm Tom Brokaw of NBC News. And welcome to this second presidential debate, sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates.

Tonight's debate is the only one with a town hall format. The Gallup Organization chose 80 uncommitted voters from the Albuquerque area to be here with us tonight. And earlier today, each of them gave me a copy of their question for the candidates.

From all of these questions -- and from tens of thousands submitted online -- I have selected a long list of excellent questions on economic, domestic and foreign policy.

Neither the commission nor the candidates have seen the questions. And although we won't be able to get to all of them tonight, we should have a wide-ranging discussion one month before the election.

Each candidate will have two minutes to respond to a common question, and there will be a one-minute follow-up. The audience here in the hall has agreed to be polite, and attentive, no cheering or outbursts. Those of you at home, of course, are not so constrained.

The only exception in the hall is right now, as it is my privilege to introduce the candidates, President Tim Kaine, Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, Congressman Tim Ashe of Vermont and former Congressman Ron Paul of Texas

(APPLAUSE)
Questions

-Question from Gary Stevens adressed to Senator Rubio : My name is Gary Stevens and I'm an agrobusiness owner and my business is about to collapse due to the recent reccession we are living today and also due to the rise of inflation. So I want to hear from all four of you : what is your plan to boost American agriculture?

-Question from Tom Brokaw adressed to Congressman Ashe : Congressman Ashe, your Fair Trade Act recently introduced in Congress failed to pass. According to you, why did it fail to pass? Do you think you have a better chance of passing it if you become president?

-Question from Fred Scott : My name is Fred Scott and I'm working as a security officer at the borders between the United States and Mexico. Terrorist attacks have increased around the world. Do you think it demonstrates that we should close our borders and reduce the annual number of refugees in order to help us, more effectively, in order to  improve our national security?

-Question from Kevin Brown : My name is Kevin Brown and as a 21-year old college student studying in business administration, I want to hear from all of you : what is your plan to make America the best place in the world to start a new business?

-Question from Martha Juarez to President Kaine : Mr. President, during the first presidential debate, Congressman Ashe questionned America's accomplishments in the War on Terror. As a Geopolitics teacher, I want you to answer my following question : what have we accomplished in the War on Terror?

-Question from Michael Brooks : As an African-American primary school teacher, I am worried about the hate towards the African-American community and the multiplication of massive shootings orchestrated against this community by white supremacists. Do you believe it demonstrates that it demonstrates that we should not tolerate gun ownership restriction among African-Americans in order to make them able to defend themselves through self-defense?

-Question from Tom Brokaw : What is your reaction about the recent October surprise in which Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign accepted funds from Chinese donors to fund her campaign?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies