Election 2020: The Game!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:08:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election 2020: The Game!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31
Author Topic: Election 2020: The Game!  (Read 79247 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: February 17, 2017, 06:22:16 AM »
« edited: February 18, 2017, 03:13:26 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's debate answers

-Question from Gary Stevens addressed to Senator Rubio : My name is Gary Stevens and I'm an agrobusiness owner and my business is about to collapse due to the recent recession we are living today and also due to the rise of inflation. So I want to hear from all four of you : what is your plan to boost American agriculture?

Thank you Gary for your great question. In the last four years, agriculture, the Clinton administration's big government policies crushed the middle class and brought the unemployment rate above 8 %.

The American people, including farmers, are struggling to recover and to prosper. Many farmers lost their jobs and rising inflation raised the cost of buying agricultural products, which hurts agricultural businesses. We need to reverse this situation, which means cutting taxes for businesses, including tractor and seed companies, to help them to innovate and to manufacture more tractors and seeds, which will boost job creation, improve agricultural technologies, ensure America's subsistence, reduce food prices through the reduction of inflation and reduce Americans' dependence on food stamps, thus strengthening their purchasing power and giving them an easier access to food.

That's how we're going to make sure that the American people will live better lives by finding good-paying jobs, fulfilling their food needs and accomplishing their agricultural activities.

-Question from Tom Brokaw addressed to Congressman Ashe : Congressman Ashe, your Fair Trade Act recently introduced in Congress failed to pass. According to you, why did it fail to pass? Do you think you have a better chance of passing it if you become president?

[Tim Ashe's answer]

-Question from Fred Scott : Good evening for all the candidates. I'm working as a security officer at the borders between the United States and Mexico. Terrorist attacks have increased around the world. Do you think it demonstrates that we should close our borders and reduce the annual number of refugees in order to help us, more effectively, in order to  improve our national security?

Well, of course we have to reinforce security in our borders. But we have to understand that immigrants are contributors to America's greatness by bringing diversity, thus giving us the opportunity to create jobs while baby boomers are retiring. We are the land of opportunity and as President, I will defend this status by reforming our immigration system to ensure a path to citizenship for immigrants, which will help them to live better lives and to finally accomplish the American Dream.

-Question from Kevin Brown : My name is Kevin Brown and as a 21-year old college student studying in business administration, I want to hear from all of you : what is your plan to make America the best place in the world to start a new business?

Your future is bright, Kevin, just as America's future is bright. If we want to make our country the best place in the world to start or enlarge a business, we have to cut taxes and regulations on businesses, including for small businesses, thus making them more able to produce, to sell, to enlarge their number of consumers and to create jobs. Free trade will also make our companies competitive in the global economy since lower tariffs will reduce the costs of American products and get us new consumers around the world, thus creating American jobs.

We need to give tax credits for business investing in R & D to ensure innovation. We also have reduce the cost of doing business in America, thus allowing us to attract new businesses here in the United States and our future entrepreuneurs to create new ones, just like South Carolina is doing to attract businesses by beeing one of the states where the cost of doing business is the lowest.

And finally, we have to develop our infrastructure through budget surpluses once the budget balanced, which will facilitate economic and commercial activities all across America and encourage future business people to open their business here in the United States, thus ensuring further job creation here in America, the land of opportunity.

I spent over six years in the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and in the United States Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation. I know what it takes to make American businesses, including American small businesses, growing again to create jobs and to hire people on the land of opportunity.

When small business win, we all win.

-Question from Sarah Gibson : Mr. President, during the first presidential debate, Congressman Ashe questioned America's accomplishments in the War on Terror. As a Geopolitics teacher, I want you to answer my following question : what have we accomplished in the War on Terror?

We actually accomplished a couple of things in the War on Terror. Our special forces killed Osama Bin Laden, perpetrator of the 9/11 attacks, after a decade of hunting. We reduced ISIS' territory in Syria and Iraq.

This year, in the Senate, I successfully introduced the Syrian Arms Nonproliferation Act that establishes penalties and sanctions for nations, persons or companies assisting Syria in acquiring chemical and missile technology or all other types of weapons of mass destruction, which helped us to stop the Assad regime from getting the necessary weapons to slay its the Syrian people. It also prevented Russia from supporting Assad materially and militarily, thus depriving this tyrannical regime that is practicing such form of terrorism by killing its own people.

I co-sponsored the Bipartisan Counterterrorist Coalition Act and it passed the Congress, creating a great coalition and reinforcing our defence ties with Turkey, Iraq, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India in order to fight terrorism in the Middle East. This bill is also aimed at deterring Iran from getting nuclear weapons through increased sanctions unless Iran uses its nuclear energy only for economic purposes.

I'm not saying that all of this is enough to declare that this is total victory against terrorism. But what I can say is that it's a lie to say that we accomplished absolutely nothing in the War on Terror. It's also dishonoring the memory and accomplishments of our brave men and women in uniform that fought and, for some of them, died for our country and kept it safe.

Now, we have to do more to finish the job and the President has failed to do it by cutting military spending and reducing our security measures. We have to reinforce and grow our alliances as well as our homeland security measures, to modernize our military and to deploy the necessary military arsenal to defeat ISIS and Al Qaida on their turf.

-Question from Chris Philipps : As an African-American primary school teacher, I am worried about the hate towards the African-American community and the multiplication of massive shootings orchestrated against this community by white supremacists. Do you believe it demonstrates that it demonstrates that we should not tolerate gun ownership restriction among African-Americans in order to make them able to defend themselves through self-defense?

I believe in the right of self-defence for all the American people, including African-Americans, in accordance with the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States.

If I become President, I will stop such scandalous massive shootings perpetrated by white supremacists against the African-American community by reinforcing the Terror Intelligence Improvement Act that I introduced four years ago after the Orlando shooting. That way, it will be aimed at limiting gun sales not only to terrorists and suspected terrorists but also to supremacists, to suspected criminals or any other psychopath. That's how we can protect our Second Amendment and our constitutional rights while reducing violence through stopping terrorists or supremacists from getting the necessary weapons to commit massive shootings against innocent people and minority groups.

-Question from Tom Brokaw : What is your reaction about the recent October surprise in which Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign accepted funds from Chinese donors to fund her campaign?

Well, Mr. President, I understand China's concern about the eventuality of Donald Trump's victory in 2016 and the potentiality of a trade war between the United States and China under a Trump presidency, but that's not an excuse for accepting donations from China.

America is not an aristocracy, it's a democracy. It's a democratic republic.

That is not for the Chinese people to decide who should occupy the presidency of the United States. Only the American people decides who should lead this country.

In 2016, while Russia was suspected of trying to hack this year's presidential election in favor of Donald Trump, you promised to respect the results of the election no matter who wins and you promised to defend democratic credibility and political integrity against Russia. And yet Hillary Clinton, with whom you were campaigning as her running mate, received and accepted donations from China.

You can't have it both ways. If I'm President, I will not let any foreign country interfering in our elections and defend integrity in our democratic system. That's how we're going to restore the American people's trust in their democratic system and in their government.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #701 on: February 28, 2017, 02:51:59 PM »

Ashe/Monds 2020
Taking America Back

Schedule for October 11-17

October 11
-Fly to Maine
-Rally in Portland, Maine
-Rally in Augusta Maine
-Barnstorm in Penobscot County, Maine
-Barnstorm in Cumberland County, Maine

October 12
-Barnstorm in Sagadahoc County
-Barnstorm in Waldo County, Maine
-Rally in Auburn, Maine
-Fly to New Mexico
-Attend Second Presidential Debate

October 13
-Fly to Minnestoa
-Rally in Minneapolis, Minnesota with Governor Mark Dayton
-Speech at the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs
-Fly to Ohio
-Rally in Cincinnati, Ohio

October 14
-Fly to Massachusetts
-Rally in Boston, Massachusetts with Governor Joe Kennedy
-Rally in Cambridge, Massachusetts with Senator Elizabeth Warren
-Speech at Harvard University
-Town Hall at Worcester, Massachusetts

October 15
-Barnstorm in Middlesex County
-Barnstorm in Bristol County
-Barnstorm in Plymouth County
-Rally in Brockton, Massachusetts
-Rally in Quincy, Massachusetts

October 16
-Fly to Georgia
-Rally in Atlanta, Georgia
-Barnstorm in Bartow County, Georgia
-Barnstorm in Bibb County, Georgia
-Rally in Savannah, Georgia

October 17
-Fly to Arizona
-Rally in Phoenix, Arizona
-Barnstorm in Coconino County, Arizona
-Barnstorm in Mohave County, Arizona
-Town Hall in Tucson, Arizona
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #702 on: February 28, 2017, 03:22:20 PM »

Tim Ashe debate responses

Ladies and gentlemen, since the last debate, we have seen the stunning hypocrisy of the political establishment in this country. We have seen two parties who want to increase defense spending and get us involved in more pointless brushfire wars. We have seen two parties who want to lower taxes for the richest Americans, which mean they taxes will have to be raised on the middlce and working classes of this nation. We have seen two parties who will takes all the bribes in the world from major corporations, then say that we can't afford universal healthcare or education. the Progressive Liberty party is here to change that. John Monds and myself are here to change that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thank you for that Tom. The Fair trade Act was designed to make our international trade fairer for American workers. NAFTA and the TPP have been two massive mistakes in out nations history; they have allowed major corporations to shift their jobs overseas. In my opinion, it failed because the companies that shift their jobs overseas are the same ones who pay their bribes in campaign contributions to politicians, who have stood for nothing but re-election.

Myself, John Monds and the rest of this party stand for integrity. The Democrats and Republicans only stand for whatever the political winds say at the time, who will donate the most money to their campaign and who will give them the highest-paid lobbying job when they retire from politics. Would I have a better chance of pushing this through as President? I believe so. We have committed people coming up in the Senate. Gary Johnson, who is in the audience tonight, is one of them. I would have a better chance though if the political revolution started by Senator Sanders four years ago continues to surge.

Thank you for your question Fred and than you for your service to this nation. The answer is no. If we were to close our national borders and reduce our refugee intake, then it creates a larger pool of recruits for terrorists, radical Islamists or otherwise, to recruit from, and some of the people we refuse to take in will not be so understanding. This ends up threatening our allies overseas, which in turn, will open us up to harsh action from our allies.

As President, I would grant amnesty to everyone here, as Republican Ronald Reagan did. Our priority is not to make out system tougher, our priority should be to make it better. We already have one of the toughest screening systems in the world. We need to make it more efficient. We should be recognising that banning refugees would make us less safe, not more.

Well Kevin, thank you for your question. I want to make a point that everything is not alright in America at the moment. Massive corporations have made it harder for people like yourself to start a major business in this country.

As President, I would do what Republican Teddy Roosevelt did: use antitrust laws to bust up monopolies. The free market is a wonderful thing, but what we have done is allowed major corporations to create monopolies on products. We need to start by limiting the market share of these corporations, and go after them with antitrust laws. We need to break up monopolies, which will allow small businesses to get started.

I also have a plan for small businesses in ares like Detroit. As President, I would give startup grants to those who want to start their businesses in less fortunate areas. You can have all the tax breaks you need-for a time. Heck, we'll even give you the money you need to help pay your employees' wages if needs be.

There is no doubt there's been an increase in violence towards the black community in this country. I myself have been targeted by a white supremacist. However, guns are a very nuanced issue. I don't believe that a citizen needs an assault weapon like an AR-15 for personal defense. Would a handgun not suffice?

We can tolerate gun ownership, but reasonable levels of it. We can't have citizens waking around in public with assault weapons slung over their shoulders. I actually do come from a rural state. When I ran for Congress, I told everyone that I supported a Federal Assault Weapons Ban, and it turned out they did too. We don't need assault weapons for self-defense when a handgun suffices.

It was one of the most egregious violations of our already lax campaign finance laws. Taking money from a corporation or a foreign power; it's the same to me. What was done that year by President Clinton was an awful thing that had no reasonable justification at all. You don't take money from a foregin power and get away with it; the American people aren't dumb enough to blindly accept it.

However, it just demonstrates the need to tighten our campaign finance laws. We need comprehensive bans on donations for corporations, we need to abolish PACS and SuperPACs and we need to overturn Citizens United. I am proud that I can say my campaign has not received any donation larger than $1500, and ever single cent of our funding has come from the American people. Unlike President Kaine and Senator Rubio, I have no PAC or SuperPAC, and I don't want them, because unlike them, I am not waiting for the next corporation to come knocking.
R/H
« Reply #703 on: March 01, 2017, 08:35:58 AM »

Round 56 : October 18, 2020-October 24, 2020
R/H
« Reply #704 on: March 01, 2017, 09:53:45 AM »

New polls

According to the recent polls, Tim Kaine is in deep trouble due to the recent October surprise in which is stuck in a scandal in which Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign accepted donations from Chinese donors in order to stop Donald Trump from winning. He even trails Marco Rubio in his home state of Virginia by 6 percentage points. Tim Ashe takes the lead in Maine, the home state of former PLP nominee Senator Angus King (who died last February). When it comes to demographics, Marco Rubio edges Tim Kaine among Asian-Americans.

General Election Polls

Tim Kaine vs Marco Rubio vs Tim Ashe vs Ron Paul

Marco Rubio : 50 %
Tim Kaine : 27 %
Tim Ashe : 22 %
Ron Paul : 1 %

Statewide Opinion Polls

Ohio

Marco Rubio : 54 %
Tim Kaine: 30 %
Tim Ashe : 16 %

Florida

Marco Rubio : 58 %
Tim Kaine : 32 %
Tim Ashe : 9 %

Iowa

Marco Rubio : 48 %
Tim Kaine : 37 %
Tim Ashe : 14 %

New Hampshire

Marco Rubio : 49 %
Tim Kaine : 30 %
Tim Ashe : 19 %

Virginia

Marco Rubio : 46 %
Tim Kaine : 40 %
Ron Paul : 0,5 %

North Carolina

Marco Rubio : 53 %
Tim Kaine : 31 %

Colorado

Marco Rubio : 57 %
Tim Kaine : 28 %

Nevada

Tim Ashe : 12 %

Minnesota

Marco Rubio : 44 %
Tim Kaine : 33 %
Tim Ashe : 20 %

Wisconsin

Tim Ashe : 13 %

Michigan

Pennsylvania

Tim Kaine : 35 %
Tim Ashe : 15 %

Maine

Tim Ashe : 40 %
Marco Rubio : 39 %
Tim Kaine : 19 %

Illinois

Vermont

Tim Ashe : 50 %
Tim Kaine : 26 %
Marco Rubio : 22 %

Washington state

Tim Kaine : 34 %

Massachusetts

Marco Rubio : 41 %
Tim Ashe : 28 %

Demographic Polls

Whites

Marco Rubio : 55 %
Tim Ashe : 18 %

Hispanics

Marco Rubio : 56 %
Tim Kaine :  26 %

African-Americans

Tim Kaine : 46 %
Tim Ashe : 30 %
Marco Rubio : 23 %

Asian-Americans

Marco Rubio : 41 %
Tim Kaine : 36 %
Tim Ashe : 21 %
R/H
« Reply #705 on: March 02, 2017, 06:14:43 AM »
« Edited: March 03, 2017, 09:52:51 AM by R/H »

BREAKING NEWS

Terrorist nationalist attack in Kuala Lumpur

Yesterday, a North Korean nationalist commited a terrorist attack in Kuala Lumpur. The suspect orchestrated a bomb attack at the Ministry of Defense Malaysia, thus killing 9 people and wounding 14 others before being shot and wounded by the Royal Malaysia Police. When he was arrested, the suspect claimed that this attack was done to "avange the death of Kim Jong-Nam, brother of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un due to Malaysia's treason."

Kim Jong-Un is suspected to be behind this attack and North Korea is likely to suffer new sanctions for "supporting terrorism".

Endorsements

Marco Rubio Sad The United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the Hispanic Chamber of E-Commerce, Ohio State Treasurer and 2012 Republican nominee for Ohio Senator Josh Mandel, chairman and CEO of Honeywell and 2020 Republican candidate for Jeanne Shaheen Senate seat in New Hampshire David M. Cote, actor Charlie Sheen, former Oklahoma congressman J.C. Watts, former Canadian Prime Mininister Brian Mulroney

Tim Ashe Sad Actor Patrick Stewart, retired Australian General Scott Morrison, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Massachusetts Senate President Stan Rosenberg, New York State Senate Minority Whip Michael Gianaris
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #706 on: March 03, 2017, 12:06:46 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2017, 08:10:17 AM by UWS »

Rubio/Haley 2020
Right here Right now
Schedule for the week of October 18, 2020-October 24, 2020

October 18, 2020
-Flight to Miami, Florida
-Married on October 18th 1998, Marco Rubio and his wife Jeanette celebrate their 22nd wedding anniversary

October 19, 2020
-Flight to Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Manufacturing policy speech at Rockwell Collins headquarters in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Speech at Cedar Rapids Museum of Art in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Meet with college voters at Mount Mercy University in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Bus trip to Davenport, IA
-Agriculture policy speech in Davenport, IA
-Foreign policy speech in Davenport, IA
-Rally at Modern Woodmen Park in Davenport, IA
-Appearance at a Joni Ernst senatorial re-election campaign in Davenport, IA

-Bus trip to Moline, Illinois
-Economic policy speech at Deere & Company headquarters in Moline, IL
-Meet with college voters at Black Hawk College in Moline, IL
-Speech at the John Deere Pavillon in Moline, IL
-Debate preparation with Rob Portman, Ted Cruz and Justin Amash

October 20, 2020
-Flight to New York City, New York
-Debate preparation for most of the day
-Bus trip to Hempstead, NY
-Marco Rubio participates at the third and final debate with President Tim Kaine, Congressman Tim Ashe and former Congressman Ron Paul

October 21, 2020
-Bus trip to Allentown, Pennsylvania
-Energy policy speech at PPL Corporation headquarters in Allentown, PA
-Town-hall meeting at the Nineteenth Street Theater in Allentown, PA
-Rally at Coca-Cola Park in Allentown, PA
-Bus trip to Philadelphia, PA
-Speech ahead of the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, PA
-Speech at the African American Museum in Philadelphia, PA, in an effort to attract African American voters
-Speech at Congreso de Latinos Unidos headquarters in Philadelphia, PA, alongside Nina Vaca (chairman of the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce) :

Como defensora del sueño americano, y quiero agradecer a la Cámara de Comercio Hispana de los Estados Unidos por apoyar a ma campaña. Yo soy el mejor candidato para mejore condiciones de vida del hispanos. Gracias al libre mercado y a la libertad empresarial, 3 de noviembre 2020 constituirá un nuevo amanecer para todos el pueblo americano, incluso los hispanos. América será el mejor lugar del mundo para abrir un nuevo negocio, para prosperar y para cumplir todo lo que habría sido impossible extranjero.

El 20 de enero 2021, será Mañana de nuevo en América para un futuro más brillante, prosperidad, igual y seguro.

On January 20th 2021, it'S going to be Morning Again in America.

Gracias. Que Dios bendiga los Estados Unidos de America.

-Economic policy speech at Chemtura Corporation headquarters in Philadelphia, PA
-Barnstorm in Philadelphia Chinatown in Philadelphia, PA, in an effort to attract Asian-American voters
-Foreign policy speech in Philadelphia, PA
-Bus trip to Harrisburg, PA
-Energy policy speech in Harrisburg, PA
-Bus trip to Pittsburgh, PA
-Manufacturing policy speech at United States Steel headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA
-Rally at the Petersen Events Center in Pittsburgh, PA

October 22, 2020
-Meet with college voters at the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, PA
-Rally at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA
-Bus trip to Cleveland, Ohio
-Speech at the African American Cultural Garden in Cleveland, OH, in an effort to attract African-American voters
-Manufacturing policy speech in Cleveland, OH
-Infrastructure policy speech in Cleveland, OH
-Energy policy speech in Cleveland, OH
-Free trade policy speech at the Port of Cleveland in Cleveland, OH
-Dinner with the voters at the West Side Market in Cleveland, OH
-Bus trip to Toledo, OH
-Economic policy speech at Toledo Complex in Toledo, OH
-Rally at Fifth Third Field in Toledo, OH
-Bus trip to Columbus, OH
-Barnstorm in Columbus, OH
-Meet with college voters at the Ohio State University in Columbus, OH

October 23, 2020
-Bus trip to Dayton, OH
-Manufacturing policy speech in Dayton, OH
-Energy policy speech in Dayton, OH
-Free trade policy speech in Dayton, OH
-Foreign policy speech at the Air Force Research Laboratory in Dayton, OH
-Dinner with the voters at Marion's Piazza in Dayton, OH
-Bus trip to Cincinnati, OH
-Energy policy speech at Duke Energy Ohio headquarters in Cincinnati, OH
-Manufacturing policy speech at GE Honda Areo Engines in Cincinnati, OH
-Economic policy speech at KOI Auto Parts headquarters in Cincinnati, OH

October 24, 2020
-Flight to Washington D.C.
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.

Nikki Haley's schedule
October 18-October 24, 2020
-Nikki Haley campaigns for Marco Rubio in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine
-Haley appears at a David M. Cote senatorial election rally in Concord, New Hampshire

Surrogate schedule

October 18-October 24, 2020
-John Kasich campaigns for Marco Rubio in Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania
-Tim Scott campaigns for Marco Rubio in Ohio and in Detroit, Michigan
-Condoleezza Rice, Carly Fiorina, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Clint Eastwood and Michael Reagan (Ronald Reagan's son) campaign for Marco Rubio in California
-Bruce Rauner appears at a Joe Walsh senatorial election rally in Chicago, Illinois, while campaigning for Marco Rubio in Illinois
R/H
« Reply #707 on: March 03, 2017, 02:11:20 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2017, 03:21:38 PM by R/H »

Third and final presidential debate at the Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York

Date : October 20th, 2020

Participants : President Tim Kaine (D), Florida Senator Marco Rubio (R), Congressman Tim Ashe (PLP), former Texas Congressman Ron Paul (I)

Moderator : Elaine Quijano

Podium order :

Ashe   Kaine    Rubio   Paul

Elaine Quijano's opening statement :

Good evening from the campus of Hofstra University here in Hempstead, New York. This is the fourth and final debate of the 2020 campaign, brought to you by the Commission on Presidential Debates.

This one is on foreign policy. I'm Elaine Quijano of CBS News. The questions are mine, and I have not shared them with the candidates or their aides.

The audience has taken a vow of silence -- no applause, no reaction of any kind, except right now when we welcome President Tim Kaine, Senator Marco Rubio, Congressman Tim Ashe and Congressman Ron Paul.

(APPLAUSE)

Questions

-What is your vision on America's role on the world stage?

-After 60 years of communist dictatorship, Cuba is about to hold its first free elections on spring 2021. So I'm going to ask you the following question : how optimistic are you about Cuba's future?

-What's your plan to prevent any future terrorist attack to be committed on the United States' territory?

-During the 2012 presidential campaign, Mitt Romney claimed that Russia is one of America's geopolitical foes, with which President Obama disagreed and even mocked. Yet, Vladimir Putin is supporting the Assad regime materially and militarily for economic purposes. In 2014, Russia invaded Ukraine, annexed Crimea and is supporting the pro-Russian rebellion in Ukraine. During the 2016 election, Russia has been suspected to interfere in the election in order to make sure that Donald Trump wins. Do you think all these actions committed by Russia have proven that Mitt Romney was right about Russia?

-How do you plan to stop Russian aggression and intrusion in eastern Europe?

-What is your plan to defeat ISIS and to kill or capture ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi?

-Senator Rubio, during most of the campaign, you described the Indian Sub-Continent as a vital and strategic point in our crusade against terrorism in the Middle East? What did you mean by that and how do you plan to make sure that India and Pakistan will join us in this fight despite their cultural differences and the territorial tensions between these two countries?

-The question is addressed to all the candidates. As President, if you were to accomplish our fight against terrorism and to eradicate jihadism in the Middle East, how are you going to make sure that terrorism will never rise again in this region?

-A few days ago, a North Korean nationalist committed a terrorist attack in Kuala Lumpur and killed 9 people with the objective of, I quote, "to avange the death of Kim Jong-Nam, brother of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un due to Malaysia's treason." In addition, North Korea is suspected to have supported the terrorist attack in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. This attack was committed by Abu Sayyaf and killed 10 marines and apparently had the objective of ending the US military presence in the Pacific and pursue the development of North Korea's nuclear program. Should we put North Korea back on the black list of nations supporting terrorism?

-How do you plan to stopped any North Korean nuclear attack and to restore peace and stability on the Pacific Ocean?

-Closing statements
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #708 on: March 05, 2017, 08:28:24 AM »
« Edited: March 07, 2017, 07:00:24 PM by UWS »

Part 1

-What is your vision on America's role on the world stage?

Thank you Elaine. I want to thank the Hofstra University for hosting this debate and thank you Mr. President, Congressman Ashe and Congressman Paul, it's an honor to meet you again for this final debate.

America must keep his status as the hope of the Earth. For that, we have to stand with our allies. Our allies have a common goal : peace, security and freedom around the world. Diplomacy is an effective tool in that matters, but diplomacy alone is not enough to solve international crises and defeat our enemies. We got to increase defense spending to ensure our forces' readiness, reinforce security, fight terrorism and tyranny and promote freedom. We can also defeat our enemies by pushing strategic collaboration, especially with Turkey and India. Assad is slaying his own people while supporting terrorism, ISIS is on the run and emerged in Egypt and North Korea is multiplying provocations in the Pacific Ocean. If we want peace, stability and security, we have to be ready for action and for war, if necessary. As a member of the Committee on Foreign Relations in the Senate, I understand what is required to get America as well as the rest of the world into a safer situation and I will use my experience to fulfill this duty.

-After 60 years of communist dictatorship, Cuba is about to hold its first free elections on spring 2021. So I'm going to ask you the following question : how optimistic are you about Cuba's future?

I'm very optimistic about the future of Cuba, the land of my ancestors where my parents and grandparents came from. In the first 100 days of my presidency, I will visit Cuba and meet the new leaders of this future free island to discuss the common challenges that both the United States and Cuba are facing. We will repeal the Cuban embargo, which will make Cuba a new trade partner for the United States and reinforce our trade and economic relations with Havana. This will be good for American and Cuban businesses because it will give them the opportunity to grow, to expand and to trade their products, which will be beneficial for the U.S. economy and Cuba's economy. Under my leadership, the United States and Cuba will be great partners and invest all their efforts to confront terrorism, corruption and organized crime for the sake of American continent's security, freedom and prosperity.

-What's your plan to prevent any future terrorist attack to be committed on the United States' territory?

The true threat to liberty, to democracy and to the Constitution of the United States is international terrorism and thanks to a reinforced homeland security, we will prevent further terrorist attacks from happening in our country and save American lives. We first have to reinforce our security measures, to reinforce and modernize our military, to consolidate and expand our alliances and defense partnerships and to use all the military arsenal to defeat terrorism.

The reason of this necessity of reinforcing our security measures is that on June 2015, five months before the San Bernardino terrorist attacks on December 2015, the Congress voted in favor of weakening our surveillance program, which encouraged terrorists to commit attacks on our soil to kill Americans like the 14 people killed by two radical Islamic terrorists in San Bernardino.

We will not repeat that mistake. With a stronger American military and homeland security, many innocent Americans will avoid the same fate as all those Americans who did not disserve to die.

-During the 2012 presidential campaign, Mitt Romney claimed that Russia is one of America's geopolitical foes, with which President Obama disagreed and even mocked. Yet, Vladimir Putin is supporting the Assad regime materially and militarily for economic purposes. In 2014, Russia invaded Ukraine, annexed Crimea and is supporting the pro-Russian rebellion in Ukraine. During the 2016 election, Russia has been suspected to interfere in the election in order to make sure that Donald Trump wins. Do you think all these actions committed by Russia have proven that Mitt Romney was right about Russia?

Well, you know. It's no wonder that Vladimir Putin is a former KGB agent (laughing).

No seriously, Mitt Romney was absolutely right. Russia is acting against America's interests and against the principle of international peace, stability, freedom and integrity. By invading Ukraine and annexing Crimea, Russia violated territorial integrity just like this nation did to Georgia in 2008. By supporting the Assad regime, Moscow is allowing permanent tyranny, chaos and instability in Syria and made our fight against ISIS harder, thus allowing bloodbaths. Unlike Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, I had the courage to take real action on this matter : in March, in the Senate I brought Republicans and Democrats together and alongside Senator Menendez I successfully co-sponsored the Bipartisan Syria Arms Nonproliferation Act that established penalties and sanctions for nations, persons or companies assisting the Assad regime in acquiring chemical and missile technology or all other types of weapons of mass destruction, which helped the Syrian rebels to retake Aleppo from the Syrian army's hold because the Assad regime is deprived of Russian weapons.

This kind of leadership will allow the rebellion to defeat Assad's armies, to topple Assad, to restore democracy, justice and integrity in Syria and to give Syria back to the Syrian people. That's how we will stop such genocide orchestrated by Assad against its own people and supported by Russia.

-How do you plan to stop Russian aggression and intrusion in eastern Europe?

Through action. Russia is violating Ukraine's territorial integrity. By increasing diplomatic and economic sanctions against Russia, Vladimir Putin will be forced to step back. We need to stand with our allies. By reinforcing our military presence on the Black Sea, providing military material, military training and intelligence support to the Ukrainian army, Ukraine will manage to counter Russia's military power thanks to American weapons from the United States, the strongest military power on Earth. The Ukrainian army will be able to defeat the pro-Russian insurgency, free eastern Ukraine as well as Crimea and give Ukraine back to the Ukrainian people. That way, Ukraine will retake control of its natural resources, which will deprive Russia of Ukrainian gas since Ukraine seeks to establish permanent economic partnership with the European Union. In addition, Russia is the greatest oil producer in the world by producing 10 250 000 barrels per day, which might explain Ukraine's dependency on Russian oil and gas. It reinforces Russia's hold on Ukraine. So if America takes advantage of all its energy resources, encourages oil production and abolishes ban on oil export, we will export more oil to Ukraine, which, I believe, will make Ukraine less dependent on Russian oil and gas, thus reducing Russia's intrusion thanks to Ukraine's orientation to American energy resources.

-What is your plan to defeat ISIS and to kill or capture ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi?

We need, firstly to increase military spending and send ground troops in Syria and Iraq in order to pursue War on Terror, defeat ISIS and find Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. And our NATO allies got attacked over and over again by ISIS more than ever before and they share our goal of defeating radical Islamic extremism, so they will join us in this military offensive against ISIS. We also need to modernize our intelligence and military technologies to find and destroy terrorist positions. I will also make sure that we capture or kill al-Baghdadi by reinforcing our geopolitical strategic alliances. As a consequence, thanks to the collaboration our local allies, to our military power as well as India's Turkey's military powers, and to the great number of American and allied troops in Syria and Iraq, we will cut ISIS resources, surround ISIS territory, force ISIS fighters to divide their forces for the defense of all the corners of their territory and defeat ISIS more easily. That way, we will finally find al-Baghdadi's refuge, attack it and capture or kill him, thus weakening ISIS leading to its end, thus bringing peace, stability and justice back in the Middle East.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #709 on: March 05, 2017, 08:36:01 AM »

Part 2

-Senator Rubio, during most of the campaign, you described the Indian Sub-Continent as a vital and strategic point in our crusade against terrorism in the Middle East? What did you mean by that and how do you plan to make sure that India and Pakistan will join us in this fight despite their cultural differences and the territorial tensions between these two countries?

This administration withdrew our troops from Afghanistan at the wrong time, thus allowing a growing terrorist threat in the Indian Sub-Continent with a re-emergence of the Taliban in Afghanistan. To correct this situation, defeat the Taliban and Al-Qaida and restore security in this country, we need to launch air operations against the Taliban and Al Qaida and send military analysts there to ensure the Afghan army's readiness and to help it develop strategies against the insurgents. By lifting diplomatic and economic sanctions against Iran, the previous administration allowed Tehran to use capital gains from lifting of sanctions to keep developing it's nuclear military arsenal, supporting the Assad regime and funding Hezbollah, which is threatening security in the Middle East as well as Israel's existence. The Iranian government has put its military interests first before it's economic interests by using uranium for the development of its military nuclear program instead of using it for Iran's economic growth. So this move is against Iran's economic interests. We must re-establish sanctions against Tehran to keep capitals from falling in the hands of the Iranian government. I have a plan to create an association between nations included in the Indian Sub-Continent (India, Pakistan and Afghanistan). After all, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India have common goals and common enemies. These three countries suffered terrorist attacks and are fighting terrorism. But for many years, India and Pakistan are facing high diplomatic tensions on religious and territorial matters. But they both successfully fought for their liberty and defeated British colonial oppression seven decades ago. So these two nations are, in some ways, brothers and they need to work together to fight and eradicate terrorism and make sure that Pakistani nuclear weapons will not fall in the hands of terrorists. In addition, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India, just like us, are worried about the possibility of Iran getting a nuclear bomb. Support for the Iranian military nuclear among the Iranian public opinion is still strong. So we need to create this intergovernmental military alliance in the Indian Sub-Continent to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons and to defeat radical Islamic terrorism in Afghanistan and in Pakistan. Thanks to collaboration, we will defeat terrorism. That's why we need a coalition of Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Sunnis, etc. That's why I propose the creation of an intergovernmental military alliance that I call the « Southern and Western Asia Defense Association » (SWADA) in order to reinforce security and freedom in these regions. That's why I co-sponsored the Bipartisan Counterterrorist Coalition Act in the Senate eight months ago. This bill reinforced defence ties with Turkey, Iraq, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India in order to create a greater collaboration with these countries to fight terrorism in the Middle East through military strength. It also deters Iran from getting nuclear weapons by intensifying diplomatic and economic sanctions against Tehran unless the Iranian government uses Iran's uranium and nuclear power for the Iranian people's economic interests and not to develop nuclear weapons. This would be putting the Iranian people first through creating good-paying jobs for the sake of a stronger economy instead of creating chaos through a nuclear war. That's how we're going to restore peace and stability through strength in the Middle East and in the Indian Sub-Continent.

-The question is addressed to all the candidates. As President, if you were to accomplish our fight against terrorism and to eradicate jihadism in the Middle East, how are you going to make sure that terrorism will never rise again in this region?

Terrorist attacks are multiplying in the Middle East, and democracy and freedom are in danger in this region. One of the main reasons why some Muslims are radicalizing and are adhering jihadism is they are living into poverty and under tyranny and are not given the necessitated opportunities to prosper and succeed. So we got to ensure the development of Middle East with a plan similar to President Kennedy's Alliance for Progress used to develop Latin America and combat communism almost sixty years ago, but we will take the lessons of the failures of this program. The goal of my plan is to counter jihadism influence in this region. We have to build houses to give housing for all the people Middle East, hospitals to give them the health care they need, groceries to give them more access to food and schools to give them the education they need to have a successful life and to make sure Middle East's young people will be able to find economic opportunities and good-paying jobs. We also have to invest in the development of Middle East's resources with private investors to give Middle East people access to its own resources, especially oil, nuclear and local agricultural products. We need to give local armed forces military training if we want security and liberty to be permanent in this region. We also have to promote democracy there and to expand free-trade with Middle East to make America and it's companies competitive in this region and ensure job creation not only in America but also in the Middle East. By promoting trade with Middle East, we can promote democracy and political freedom in that region through globalization, technology innovation and economic liberalization. That way, radicalization will be reduced, security and freedom will be reinforced and the Middle East will be more prosperous than ever before.

-A few days ago, a North Korean nationalist committed a terrorist attack in Kuala Lumpur and killed 9 people with the objective of, I quote, "to avange the death of Kim Jong-Nam, brother of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un due to Malaysia's treason." In addition, North Korea is suspected to have supported the terrorist attack in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. This attack was committed by Abu Sayyaf and killed 10 marines and apparently had the objective of ending the US military presence in the Pacific and pursue the development of North Korea's nuclear program. Should we put North Korea back on the black list of nations supporting terrorism?

North Korea is led by a gangster and tyrant who orchestrates conspiracies and is prepared to do anything in order to consolidate his dictatorial power. Who knows if Kim Jong-Un is himself the responsible of his brother's death or his uncle's death, which he was suspected to be. Over the last couple of years, the Obama administration, the Clinton administration and now the Kaine administration did not take North Korean nuclear threat seriously. Kim Jong-Un enjoyed it to develop nuclear weapons and to threat its neighbors, including South Korea and Japan. This risks of triggering an arms race on the Pacific or worse a nuclear war. That's a factor of Japan's reflection on whether it's 9th constitutional amendment should be modified. We need to intensify economic sanctions against North Korea to deprive Pyongyang of the necessary revenues to keep developing its nuclear weapons.

Like you said, Elaine, North Korea supported Abu Sayyaf's attack in Hawaii in order to undermine our navy, thus allowing Pyongyang to pursue its chaotic plans. So the answer is yes, we should put North Korea back on the list of nations supporting terrorism.

-How do you plan to stop any North Korean nuclear attack and to restore peace and stability on the Pacific Ocean?

Well, the right procedure to maintain peace and stability on the Pacific Ocean is to reinforce the U.S. Navy's presence on the Pacific and to establish an anti-missile shield in the Pacific. In order to avoid any war with North Korea and to reinforce security on the Pacific Ocean, I will create an intergovernmental military organization similar to NATO that I call « Pacific Treaty Organization », but this time circling the Pacific Ocean and including the United States and all their allies around the Pacific (Canada, Mexico, Peru, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and Japan). This will deter Pyongyang from triggering a war against its neighbors or an arms race that will affect East Asia's stability and security. This will also force China to respect territorial integrity on South China Sea and to stop its expansionist policies in favor of our local allies' security and economic development through local energy resources. It will also help us to defeat Abu Sayyaf through strength and collaboration. That way, the Pacific Ocean will remain pacific.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #710 on: March 05, 2017, 08:36:35 AM »
« Edited: March 05, 2017, 09:41:15 AM by UWS »

Part 3

-Closing statement

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for watching us for these great and amusing debates of diverse ideas for America's future. I'm optimistic about the future.

We have a chance of having real leadership and we can't have that leadership with President Kaine's re-election, which would bring further job losses through big government policies and further growing international threat through dramatic cuts in defense spending and dramatic disengagement around the world. Since too long, America has been ripped apart due to increased violence and tensions.

So in two weeks, the question that will be asked to the voters is whether they want a fourth term like the last twelve years or they want a real great change. I listened to the American people all around the country, and I understand their concerns.

This kind of change includes permanent economic prosperity through free market solutions, energy independence, budget balance, free trade, education reform, small business championing and infrastructure development.

This kind of change requires peace through stronger alliances and a stronger diplomacy in order defeat terrorism and tyranny and restore peace, freedom and integrity around the world.

Such kind of change requires stronger unity among the American people. That's why, throughout this campaign, I showed my willingness to put the different parties together and to work with Republicans, Democrats and Progressive Libertarians to find real solutions to accomplish common goals and get things done whether it's on economic issues, social issues or foreign policy issues. That's why our country is called the United States of America. That's why we need to put our differences aside in order to get things done. That's why need to trust the American people. And I trust the American people in their judgement and their willing to get our country together once and for all and to make sure that we make great accomplishments for a brighter future for America. That's why I'm running for President.

We need strong leadership. I seek to be that leader. I'll work for you. I will put your interests first. That's why I ask for your vote. I want to be President for all Americans, whether they are conservatives, liberals, progressives, libertarians or independents. I want to get America back on track and on the right direction and together, we will ensure that America will keep its status as the hope of the Earth.

Thank you very much.
R/H
« Reply #711 on: March 05, 2017, 09:27:42 AM »
« Edited: March 05, 2017, 09:33:40 AM by R/H »

ABC Televised Town Hall with Congressman Tim Ashe in Seattle, Washington

Date : October 24, 2020

Host : ABC

Moderator : Ben Sherwood

Questions

-Do you think November 3 2020, the Election Day, will be a historic day in America's history? If yes, why?

-Just wondering, how do you think you would have performed against Donald Trump if he won the 2016 election and was running for re-election right now?

-While there is usually 13 battleground states on the Electoral College (Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico), this year in 2020, there is much more additional battleground states such as Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Illinois, California, Oregon and the Washington state, which makes 21 battleground states in total. This is the greatest number of battleground states since many decades. How do you feel about that?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #712 on: March 13, 2017, 06:17:13 PM »

Ashe/Monds 2020
Taking America Back

Schedule for October 18-24

October 18
-Fly to Canada
-Hold public meeting with Prime Minister Trudeau

-Fly to Australia.
-Meet with Prime Minister Shorten, Deputy Prime Minister Plibersek and General Morrison
-Fly to New York

October 19
-Rally with Patrick Stewart in Nea York City , New York

-Fly to Maine
-Rally in Augusta, Maine
-Rally in Brunswick, Maine. At the rally's aftermath, the chair of the Maine PLP, Duncan King (son of Angus King) announced that the Maine PLP will cross-endorse John Baldacci for Senator.
-Rally in Portland, Maine

October 20
-Fly to Michigan
-Rally in Detroit, Michigan with Rep John Conyers
-Rally in Flint, Michigan with John Monds
-Fly to New York
-Participate in the third and final debate with President Kaine, Senator Rubio and Former Congressman Paul

October 21
-Fly to Nebraska
-Rally in Lincoln, Nebraska
-Fly to Kansas
-Rally in Kansas City
-Fly to Iowa

October 22
-Meet with farmers in western and eastern Iowa
-Fly to Oklahoma
-Rally in Oklahoma City
-Fly to California
-Rally in Los Angeles with Shailene Woodley

October 23
-Fly to Vermont
-Rally in Burlington, Vermont
-Rally in Montpelier, Vermont
-Fly to Illinois
-Campaign for Wesley Clark's Senate bid

October 24
-Fly to New Mexico
-Campaign for Gary Johnson's Senate bid
-Fly to Washington
-Rally in Seattle, Washington with Bill Gates and Governor Jay Inslee
-ABC Town Hall in Seattle, Washington

Schedule for John Monds

October 18-20
-Campaign for Wesley Clark and Gary Johnson

October 21-24
-Hold rallies, give speeches and barnstorm for Congressional candidates

All surrogate teams will focus on Massachusetts, with Kennedy coordinating
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #713 on: March 13, 2017, 09:48:06 PM »

Tim Ashe debate responses

Ladiies and gentlemen, I thank you for coming to our final debate. Over the last two debates we have seen the hypocrisy and the condescension of the Washington Elite. I am not a part of this group. I am a politician out to defend the middle and wodking classes. I don't care if Democrats, Republicans and their millionaire and billionaire friends hate me. They probably should. In fact, I welcome their hatred.

My vision for America is to be a tough, but humble nation. It is not our job to be the world police. It is our job to aid in the defence of world peace. We need to re-commit ourselves to support of democratically elected governments, instead lf dictatorships and fundamentalist regimes, like Saudi Arabia.

We should not be afraid to tell our allies the truth when they overstep, and we should attempt to pursue peaceful resolutions to conflicts. We need to reinvent ourselves as peacemakers, not warmakers.

Very. These are the first democratic elections since Batista took power there, and we now have an intelligent political debate going on there.

However, I am concerned about what we might do if a party we do not favor wins. I am concerne that Senator Rubio or President Kaine will atrempt to intervene militarily to put in another right-wing dictator. This is what happened in Nicaragua; we supported the brutal Contras over the democratically elected Sandanistas. That is why tonight, I pledge to support whover is democratically elected.

Well let's clear one thing up: Statistically you're more likely to be killed in a car crash than in a terrorist attack. We can ban assault weapons, we can tighten our regulations on explosive materials; make sure that they are not getting into the hands of those who may have been exposed to radical ideologies and those who have been mentally compromised. Above all, we need to make our immigration system better, not tougher.

Absolutely not. Do I think Putin's a good  man? No I do not. However, we need to stop this alarmism. This is the same jingoistic saber-rattling that starts wars and will plunge our relations with Russia to Cold War levels. We need to pursue detente with Russia, but cautiously. There is nothing to be gained from fear-mongering.

By stopping the fear-mongering and supporting our allies.

By building a coalition of Arab nations who oppose them. It is not our business to send American boys to fight and die. Though I imagine the Senator is not too fussed about sending other people's kids off to die.

We can accomplish this through supporting education and infrastructure programs. We can support efforts by these countries to liberalize. We can back democratically elected leaders and oversee free and fair elections. We must not attempts to insert ourselves into elections by supporting a candidate.Finally, we can end our decades-long involvement in the Middle East, removing ourselves as a direct threat to the population there.

To the best of our knowledge, North Korea was not involved in this attack. We need to be careful about who we go around accusing. Until we have concrete evidence, I'm not supportive of any additional measures. Against them.

However, the Senator and I agree on North Korea's leader. He is a complete nutjob who oppresses his own people while controlling the food the  eat, the water they drink, the literature they read and the television they watch. Perhaps when he outgrows his power fantasies, he can rejoin the rest of the world.

We need to tie ourselves closer ot nations like Australia and New Zealand and Japan and need to try and co-operate with China more closely to put pressure on them. A nuclear strike should be averted at all costs.

Ladies and gentlemen, you have two choices tonight. The continuation of failed policies of our major parties, or the fresh ideas of progressive libertarianism. We give new ideas, breathe fresh life into the political system, and it's time to blow the cobwebs out.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #714 on: March 13, 2017, 11:11:27 PM »

Tim Ashe ABC Town Hall responses

Every election day is historic, and this will be no different. We will bedome the first third party to win Electoral Votes since 1968, and that scares the establishment in this country. They don't want a third party to present a viable alternative. They want their two-party monopoly to remain in power. We are in the business of shattering that monopoly.

We're already on track to having an knfluence in Congress too; Wesley Clark's leading the polls in Illinois and Gary Johnson is in New Mexico. We have Austin Petersen running in Missouri's 5th Congressional District, and many more  candidates besides. We have 84 candidates running for the US House, 3 running for the US Senate, 112 running for State Houses and 67 running for State Senates. We may even win the majority in the Vermont Senate. We have a prepared campaign, and a third psrty will hold power. So yes, it will be historic, but not for the reasons the powerful want it to be.

I can't make a conclusive statemdnt here, but I believe that the Democrats would've nominated Cory Booker or Andrew Cuomo or some other corporatist. I could have drawn myself as the true bipartisan candidate. I still am. However, Trump and I share the same protectionist view on trade; we boh oppose NAFTA and the TPP.

One thing to remember is that we need to give credit to the other side when it's due, otherwise we become partisan hacks. Senator Rubio for instance, believes in the need to reform our immigration system, something that I wholeheartedly agree with. President Kaine wants to renegotiate our trade, something else I support.

But do I think I could've done better against Trump? Yes I do.

I'm extremely happy about it. Democrats know they can't afford to take the left-wing vote for granted anymore, and this forces them to campaign in these states. Over the next few years, we'll endeavor to broaden our appeal to farmers and the rural population. For starters, we believe we need to maintain farm subsdies; we believe that a nationwide broadband network is essential to the modern life. Progressivism started in the farm states, and we intend to bring our message there.

Most importantly, candidates are campaigning in states that were once considered safe votes for either major candidate. We have shaken this up. The system is terrified of us, and they will be for a very long time, because we have no intention of going away or fading. We're here; we bring new ideas; and we're here to stay, so Democrats and Republicans, get used to it, because if you try to harm the middle class here in this country, we will come down on you so hard, that you will wish your party didn't exist.
R/H
« Reply #715 on: March 14, 2017, 12:29:00 AM »

Round 57 : October 25, 2020-October 31, 2020
R/H
« Reply #716 on: March 14, 2017, 01:07:47 AM »
« Edited: March 14, 2017, 01:10:46 AM by R/H »

New polls

General Election Polls

Tim Kaine vs Marco Rubio vs Tim Ashe vs Ron Paul

Tim Ashe : 22 %

Statewide Opinion Polls

Ohio

Tim Kaine: 30 %
Tim Ashe : 17 %

Florida

Marco Rubio : 58 %
Tim Kaine : 32 %
Tim Ashe : 9 %

Iowa

Marco Rubio : 48 %
Tim Kaine : 36 %

New Hampshire

Virginia

Tim Kaine : 40 %
Ron Paul : 0,5 %

North Carolina

Colorado

Tim Kaine : 28 %

Nevada

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Marco Rubio : 54 %
Tim Ashe : 13 %

Michigan

Pennsylvania

Marco Rubio : 51 %

Maine

Tim Ashe : 41 %
Marco Rubio : 38 %
Tim Kaine : 19 %

California

Marco Rubio : 42 %
Tim Kaine : 38 %

Illinois

Vermont

Tim Ashe : 50 %
Marco Rubio : 22 %

Washington state

Massachusetts

Marco Rubio : 40 %
Tim Ashe : 27 %

Demographic Polls

Whites

Tim Ashe : 18 %

Hispanics

Tim Kaine :  25 %

African-Americans

Tim Kaine : 46 %
Tim Ashe : 30 %
Marco Rubio : 23 %

Asian-Americans

Marco Rubio : 42 %
Tim Ashe : 21 %
R/H
« Reply #717 on: March 14, 2017, 07:47:06 AM »
« Edited: March 14, 2017, 10:35:07 AM by R/H »

BREAKING NEWS

Analysis on Tim Ashe's debating style

Throughout the three presidential debates of this election cycle, Tim Ashe, the Progressive Libertarian presidential nominee, denounced what he perceives as « hypocrisy from the major parties ».

In fact, a frequent complaint from the left has been that Democrats are « hesitating or not willing to hit Republicans » on certain positions, such as military spending and their « unfettered support of corporate interests ». Ashe has taken a leaf out of this book and is hitting Rubio and Kaine every chance he gets. At the same occasions, he describes himself as a third way that will bring fresh ideas in order to end the Monopoly of the two major parties for a more diversed political landscape in America.

California has definitely become a battleground state

For the first time since the 1980s, in the Reagan/Bush area, California has become a battleground state. Could this Democratic stronghold change allegeance and vote Republican or Progressive Libertarian this year in 2020? We'll have to follow the tendency in the next few days to see the answer.

In fact, according to recent poll, Florida Senator Marco Rubio, the Republican presidential nominee, is narrowly leading Democratic President Tim Kaine by 4 percentage points (42 % of the voting intentions for Rubio and 38 % for Kaine) while Tim Ashe is polling a distant third.

Tim Kaine is targeting traditional Democratic voters and the left-wing voters. Marco Rubio is targeting Republican voters, ethnic minorities (especially Hispanics, Asian-Americans and African-Americans), Independents and Democratic voters who are disapointed of the « disastrous results of the Clinton/Kaine leadership ». Tim Ashe's main target in California are the left-wing voters who described the Kaine administration as « too centrist and not really liberal and progressive », which divided the liberal and progressive vote in California and made this great state a battleground state.

Endorsements

Marco Rubio Sad Actor Joe Pesci, Economist Lawrence Kudlow, Todd Palin, United States Army lieutenant general H. R. McMaster, The Detroit News

Tim Ashe Sad Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards, former Florida Congressman Alan Grayson, Minnesota Independence Party, Oregon Progressive Party
R/H
« Reply #718 on: March 14, 2017, 09:47:06 AM »

Face the Nation Town Hall with Senator Marco Rubio in Denver, Colorado

Date : October 30, 2020

Host : Face the Nation

Moderator : John Dickerson

Questions

-Do you think November 3 2020, the Election Day, will be a historic day in America's history? If yes, why?

-We need to remember that last year, Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy indicated he is considering retirement from the bench, due in part to his age. Who do you consider choosing to replace Kennedy in the Supreme Court of the United States?

-Do you think we are finally witnessing a political realignment in America?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #719 on: March 15, 2017, 03:13:22 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2017, 05:46:53 PM by UWS »

Rubio/Haley 2020
Right here Right now
Schedule for the week of October 25, 2020-October 31, 2020
Part 1

October 25, 2020
-Flight to Concord, New Hampshire
-Barnstorm in Concord, NH
-Bus trip to Claremont, NH
-Economic policy speech at the Monadnock Mills in Claremont, NH
-Bus trip to Hudson, NH
-Bus trip to Manchester, NH
-Rally at the SNHU Arena in Manchester, NH
-Economic policy speech at the Segway PT headquarters in Manchester, NH
-Meet with college voters at the University of New Hampshire in Manchester, NH
-Flight to Portland, Maine
-Speech at the Kotzschmar Memorial Organ in Portland, ME
-Appearance at a Peter Cianchette senatorial campaign in Portland, ME
-Infrastructure policy speech at Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad in Portland, ME
-Town-hall meeting at the Portland Museum of Art in Portland, ME
-Bus trip to Augusta, ME
-Barnstorm in Augusta, ME

October 26, 2020
-Flight to Boston, Massachusetts
-Meet with college voters at the Harvard University in Boston, MA
-Foreign policy speech in Boston, MA
-Economic policy speech at the Port of Boston in Boston, MA
-Immigration policy speech in Boston, MA
-Energy policy speech in Boston, MA
-Infrastructure policy speech in Boston, MA
-Flight to Newark, New Jersey
-Free trade policy speech at Port Newark in Newark, NJ
-Speech at the Newark Museum in Newark, NJ
-Foreign policy speech at Military Park in Newark, NJ
-Bus trip to Paterson, NJ
-Barnstorm in Paterson, NJ
-Bus trip to Jersey City, NJ
-Immigration policy speech in Jersey City, NJ
-Rally at Yanitelli Center in Jersey City, NJ
-Flight to Arlington, Virginia
-Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad titled « Together » that narrates Rubio's plan to restore national security and fight terrorism. The ad stars a bear (to represent terrorists or a rogue state) hunting a herd of bisons (to represent the United States and its allies and partners) who are holding together to protect each other against the bear. The ad airs in all the 21 battleground states.

« Together » advertisement narration Sad

In the Great Plains, there is a bear plaguing a herd of bisons, the same way terrorists are plaguing innocent people.

When the bear charges a lone prey, this bison is on its own just like these innocent people who are defenceless against terrorist attacks.

But when bisons regroup and hold together, the bear doesn't stand a chance and is forced to retreat just like terrorists won't stand a chance against stronger military coalitions between America and its allies.

United we stand, divided we fall.

I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.

October 27, 2020
-Veteran policy speech at the Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, VA
-Foreign policy speech at the United States Marine Corps War Memorial in Arlington, VA
-Bus trip to Richmond, VA
-Town-hall rally at the Carpenter Theatre in Richmond, VA
-Innovation policy speech at the Science Museum of Virginia in Richmond, VA
-Bus trip to Norfolk, VA
-Foreign policy speech in Norfolk, VA
-Flight to Kenosha, Wisconsin
-Economic policy speech in Kenosha, WI
-Bus trip to Milwaukee, WI
-Economic policy speech at Harley-Davidson headquarters in Milwaukee, WI
-Energy policy speech at WEC Energy Group headquarters in Milwaukee, WI
-Rally at Miller Park in Milwaukee, WI
-Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad titled «Real Solution » that narrates Rubio's plan to favor a new rise for America's manufacturing industry without ripping free trade agreements such as NAFTA, the TPP and the TTIP. The ad airs in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Pennsylvania and Iowa.

« Real Solution » advertisement narration :

The right way to keep our manufacturing jobs and to create more of such jobs is not to rip our free trade deals.

If we want to relaunch America's manufacturing industry, we have to cut taxes and regulations for manufacturing businesses, which will make them much more competitive and help them to manufacture, to produce, to grow, to expand and to create jobs. That's what Marco Rubio will do as President to make America's economy healthy again.

That way, we can, without any doubt, become much more competitive in the global economy by promoting free trade, which will get us new consumers and reduce the cost of exporting and importing, thus ensuring job creation for the American people.

Manufacturing and trade are both important elements of America's strength and prosperity. One thing doesn't rule out the other. Marco Rubio understands it and that's why tax cuts for manufacturing industry will help us to create jobs in this sector and keep them while encouraging competition in the world economy.

Marco Rubio for a fairer, freer, prosperous and better America.

October 28, 2020
-Meet with college voters at Marquette University in Milwaukee, WI, where Amanda Rubio, Marco Rubio's daughter gives a speech in front of Millennial voters in an effort to attract young people Sad

Hi everyone.

This year in 2020, all Millennials, including myself, are eligible to vote and to make their voice heard. Now, I'm 20 years old, so now I can do something I couldn't have done during our first campaign four years ago : voting for my father Marco Rubio to be the next President of the United States of America.

Like my father said, if we can get our economy healthy again, our generation, our children, our grand children and beyond will be the most prosperous Americans ever. Thanks to energy independence, lower fiscal burden for all Americans, open trade, education reform, infrastructure development and cost reduction of doing business in America, everything will be possible. My father knows how to get our economy working again and with his experience as a member of the  U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, he will bring America to full-employment and ensure permanent brightness for America's future and permanent prosperity for all Americans, including young people and immigrants coming here in America, the hope of the Earth, the land of opportunity and the land where everything is possible. That's why he is asking for your vote. So I encourage you to go to the polls on November 3 and to accomplish your duty as citizens for the good of your future.

Thank you, God bless you and God bless America.

-Bus trip to Madison, WI
-Manufacturing policy speech in Madison, WI
-Dinner with the voters at Rocky Rocco facility in Madison, WI
-Rally at the Kohl Center in Madison, WI
-Bus trip to Green Bay, WI
-Barnstorm in Green Bay, WI
-Flight to Grand Rapids, Michigan
-Economic policy speech in Grand Rapids, MI
-Barnstorm in Grand Rapids, MI
-Bus trip to Greenville, MI
-Barnstorm in Greenville, MI
-Bus trip to Flint, MI
-Barnstorm in Flint, MI
-Bus trip to Detroit, MI
-Economic policy speech at the Detroit Economic Club in Detroit, MI
-Economic and manufacturing policy speech at the Renaissance Center in Detroit, MI
-Immigration policy speech in Detroit, MI
-Senator Rubio delivers efforts to attract the Reagan Democrats in Detroit, MI
-Rally at Comerica Park in Detroit, MI

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #720 on: March 15, 2017, 03:44:41 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2017, 05:33:38 PM by UWS »

Rubio/Haley 2020
Right here Right now
Schedule for the week of October 25, 2020-October 31, 2020
Part 2

October 29, 2020
-Flight to Saint Paul, Minnesota
-Immigration policy speech in Saint Paul, MN
-Rally at Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul, MN
-Bus trip to Minneapolis, MN
-Economic policy speech at Twin Cities Assembly Plant in Minneapolis, MN
-Energy policy speech at Xcel Energy headquarters in Minneapolis, MN
-Flight to Colorado Springs, Colorado
-Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad titled « For Veterans » that narrates Rubio's record on improving American military veterans after their military service. The ad airs in all the 21 battleground states.

« For Veterans » advertisement narration Sad

Mario Rubio (Marco Rubio's older brother) : I'm so proud of my brother Marco Rubio for his service to our country and to veterans, including me, in their post military career. He is the best man to take care of our brave men and women in uniform. Like all of us, Marco is grateful of our veterans' service for America, a strong and beautiful country.

Florida Congressman Brian Mast (a former soldier whose lost legs are replaced by mechanic legs) Sad Marco Rubio cosponsored the AGREE Act, a bill that gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise, so it helps them to find a good paying job and to prosper after their military service.

Rob O'Neill (the U.S. Navy SEAL who killed Osama Bin Laden in 2011) : He co-sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats because it's another way to reward our veterans for their military service and their sacrifices for America.

Arizona Senator John McCain (Vietnam War veteran, POW and 2008 Republican presidential nominee) : Marco Rubio and I voted in favor of the Help for Heroes Act that passed into law and increased funding for the VA, as well as a major retraining and housing program for past and future veterans.

Iowa Senator Joni Ernst (former soldier in the US Army and former 2020 Republican presidential candidate) : After serving their country and fighting tyranny and terrorism, our men and women in uniform need something in return and Marco Rubio knows it. That's why President Marco Rubio will always thank them for their courage and service not only through medals of honour but also through social services and health care services by using the same leadership he adopted in the Senate when it comes to take care of our veterans.

October 30, 2020
-Foreign policy speech in Colorado Springs, CO
-Appearance at a Cory Gardner senatorial re-election campaign in Colorado Springs, CO
-Bus trip to Aurora, CO
-Immigration reform policy speech in Aurora, CO
-Barnstorm in Aurora, CO
-Bus trip to Denver, CO
-Energy policy speech at Halliburton facility in Denver, CO
-Speech at Colorado Convention Center in Denver, CO
-Dinner with the voters at Smashburger headquarters in Denver, CO
-Rally at CIBER Field in Denver, CO
-Meet with college voters at the University of Denver in Denver, CO
-Manufacturing policy speech at Big O Tories facility in Denver, CO
-Face the Nation Town Hall in Denver, CO

October 31, 2020
-Flight to Sacramento, California
-Infrastructure policy speech at Teichert headquarters in Sacramento, CA
-Speech at the Wells Fargo Pavilion in Sacramento, CA
-Rally at Raley Field in Sacramento, CA
-Bus trip to Rancho Cordova, CA
-Manufacturing policy speech at Aerojet Rocketdyne Holdings headquarters in Rancho Cordova, CA
-Barnstorm in Rancho Cordova, CA
-Bus trip to San Francisco, CA
-Economic policy in San Francisco, CA, alongside Carly Fiorina
-Foreign policy speech at the War Memorial Opera House in San Francisco, CA
-Free trade policy speech at the Port of San Francisco, CA
-Dinner with the voters at the San Francisco Ferry Building in San Francisco, CA
-Visit at San Francisco's Chinatown in San Francisco, CA, in an effort to attract Asian American voters
-Rally at AT&T Park in San Francisco, CA
-Flight to Los Angeles, CA
-Rally at Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA, alongside Joe Pesci, Home Alone star, who announces his endorsement to Marco Rubio Sad

Today, I give my endorsement to Marco Rubio because he's the only one who will defend our values and our Constitution.

You know, 30 years ago, I learned that it's very difficult to rob a house or a store because of all these traps. Too many times, we and the rest of the world suffered terrorists attacks. But Marco Rubio will stop terrorists from harming the American people, not with traps that an 8-year old kid would use, but with a stronger homeland security, stronger vigilance and stronger partnerships with our allies.

That's why I support Marco Rubio to be our next President.

-Manufacturing policy speech at Reliance Steel & Aluminium Company headquarters in Los Angeles, CA
-Economic policy speech at AECOM headquarters in Los Angeles, CA

Nikki Haley's schedule

October 25-October 31, 2020
-Nikki Haley campaigns for Marco Rubio in North Carolina, Virginia, Michigan, Wisconsin, Washington, Oregon and California
-Haley appears at a David M. Cote senatorial election rally in Concord, New Hampshire   

Surrogate schedule

October 25-October 31, 2020
-All the surrogates will be focusing their efforts in the 21 battleground states
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #721 on: March 15, 2017, 06:51:21 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2017, 09:19:24 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio Face the Nation Town Hall responses

As we saw, every Election Day made History whether it's 2000 (the closest election results ever and when George W. Bush won due to Electoral College while losing the popular vote), 2008 (when Barack Obama became the first African American President) or 2016 (when Hillary Clinton became the first female President).

So yes, I think Election Day 2020 will be historic because many traditional strongholds might change allegeance. Plus, if I'm elected, I will be the first Hispanic to become President of the United States while my running mate, Nikki Haley, will become the first woman and the first Asian American to become Vice-President of the United States. And in addition, Congressman Ashe might become the first third-party candidate since 1968 to win a few states.

So all these things combined together might make November 3 2020 the most historic Election Day we've ever lived.

Not you, John.

[Laughs on the stage and from the audience]

That's a good question. There is a lot of qualified Americans across this country whose most important values are defended by the Constitution of the United States. Ted Cruz is one of the greatest Constitution defenders I've ever met. But there are people like Tom Colbert or Sri Srinivasan who could be terrific Supreme Court Justice as well : they both understand the struggles that minority groups are suffering. They also both made major accomplishments in their career, particularily Srinivasan who authored the D.C. Circuit's decision in Simon v. Republic of Hungary, Slip Op. holding that Article 27 of the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act merely creates a floor on compensation for Holocaust survivors because the text of the 1947 peace treaty between Hungary and the Allies does not bar claims outside of the treaty.

Of course we are. Four years ago, our party suffered the worst electoral defeat since 1964. Four years ago, our party turned its back to immigrants, women and young people. Unlike 2008, 2012 and 2016, we now made a lot of progress among all of these groups. I want to reform our immigration system and our education system and I'm proposing an agenda that is attracting Independent voters and traditional Democratic voters to our party, especially when it comes to energy issues or infrastructure. Our ticket is made up of two children of immigrants, me and Governor Haley. So we became a much more inclusive party. And as you can see, we are leading in some traditional Democratic strongholds such as Massachusetts, Illinois, the Washington state, Oregon and even California. And according to a recent poll, Congressman Ashe is leading us in Maine by only three points. So who knows, we might win some of these states.

We are also living a political realignment because due to the emergence of the Progressive Libertarian Party, we now have a more diversed political landscape, which is good for democracy. And like I said, this year, some states might be won by a third-party for the first time in 50 years.
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #722 on: March 18, 2017, 01:23:10 PM »

Ron Paul Campaign Announcement

Ron Paul is dropping out of the race and endorsing Tim Ashe for President
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #723 on: March 19, 2017, 06:56:50 PM »

Ashe/Monds 2020
Taking America Back

Schedule for October 25-31, 2020

October 25
-Fly to Texas
-Rally in Surfside Beach, Texas with former Congressman Ron Paul

-Town Hall in Galveston, Texas with Fmr. Rep. Paul and John Monds
-Barnstorm in Brazonia County, Texas
-Attend small PLP ceremony in Surfside Beach, Texas. At the ceremony, Former Congressman Paul formally changed his allegiance to the Progressive Liberty Party, and was inducted into the Progressive Liberty National Committee as a Vice-Chair of the PLNC

October 26
-Fly to California
-Rally in Los Angeles, California with Former Governor Jerry Brown
-Rally in Sacramento, California
-Rally in San Francisco, California
-Rally in San Diego, California with Senator Kamala Harria

October 27
-Fly to Louisiana
-Rally in New Orleans, Louisiana with Governor John Bel Edwards. Edwards said that the Democratic party had turned its back on the working class, and that Ashe had picked up the slack. He also said that he would be changing his party affiliation.
-Fly to Georgia
-Rally in Atlanta, Georgia with John Monds
-Fly to Oklahoma

October 28
-Rally in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
-Rally in Bartesville, Oklahoma
-Barnstorm in Tulsa County, Oklahoma
-Barnstorm in Comanche County, Oklahoma
-Town Hall in Claremore, Oklahoma

October 29
-Fly to Kansas
-Barnstorm in Johnson County, Kansas
-Barnstorm in Leavenworth County, Kansas
-Rally in Kansas City, Kansas
-Rally in Topeka, Kansas

October 30
-Fly to Nebraska
-Rally in Omaha, Nebraska
-Rally in Lincoln, Nebraska
-Barnstorm in Buffalo County, Nebraska
-Barnstorm in Madison County, Nebraska

October 31
-Fly to Massachusetts
-Rally in Boston, Massachusetts
-Barnstorm in Plymouth County, Massachusetts
-Barnstorm in Worcester County, Massachusetts
-Rally in Fall River, Massachusetts

John Monds will spend the week campaigning for Gary Johnson and Wesley Clark in their Senate races, and also campaign for Austin Petersen's bid for Missouri's 5th Congressional District

All surrogates will shift their focus to midwestern farm states this week, such as Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas, with the aim of bringing Ashe's message of rural prosperity to these states.

R/H
« Reply #724 on: March 19, 2017, 09:15:07 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2017, 09:17:27 PM by R/H »

Round 58 : November 1, 2020-November 3, 2020 (Election Day 2020)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies