Election 2020: The Game!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:26:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election 2020: The Game!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31
Author Topic: Election 2020: The Game!  (Read 79478 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2016, 09:32:45 PM »

Tim Ashe Schedule: September 14-20, 2019

September 14:
- Town Hall in Manchester, NH
- Barnstorm Manchester, NH
- Town Hall in Nashua, NH
- Barnstorm Nashua, NH
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

September 15:
- Town Hall in Concord, NH
- Barnstorm Concord, NH
- Barnstorm Concord, NH
- Barnstorm Nahua, NH

September 16:
- Barnstorm Nashua, NH

September 17:
- Barnstorm Concord, NH
- Town Hall in Dover, NH
- Barnstorm Dover, NH
- Barnstorm Derry, NH

September 18:
- Town Hall in Dover, NH
- Barnstorm Dover, NH
- Barnstorm Dover, NH
- Town Hall in Derry, NH
- Town Hall in Derry, NH
- Barnstorm Derry, NH

September 19:
- Barnstorm Nashua, NH
- Barnstorm Concord, NH

September 20:
- Barnstorm Nashua, NH
- Town Hall in Derry, NH
- Barnstorm Derry, NH
- Town Hall in Dover, NH
- Barnstorm Dover, NH
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2016, 10:26:44 PM »

Kasich for US 2020
Westerville, Ohio - July 24, 2019

Thank you, people of Ohio for all your support. It has been my pleasure representing you. While in Congress, I led the budget committee in the 1990's when we balanced the budget. After my tenure in Congress, I returned to the private sector. In 2010, after one term of Ted Strickland's disastrous governorship, which saw no economic growth in our state, many jobs lost, and a deficit rise up to $8 billion, I decided to return to politics and run for governor. After a tough race, we won. While in office, I took the state from an 8 billion dollar hole to a 2 billion dollar surplus, and eliminated the state's estate tax. During my time in office, Ohio also saw a 9.3% increase in private sector jobs.
In 2014, I was reelected governor by a large margin, carrying all but two of the state's counties. In my second term, I continued to cut taxes while boosting state funding for higher education and allocating much-needed money to maintain and repair our state's infrastructure. I also fought the opioid epidemic in Ohio by making naloxone, a life-saving antidote available without a prescription. By the end of my second term, I maintained very high approval ratings, higher than any other governor in the midwest.
In 2018, when I was term-limited, I decided to run for the US Senate to return to Washington to introduce legislation that will do what I did for Ohio for the whole county. I defeated incumbent Sherrod Brown by a comfortable margin, uniting conservatives and moderates as well as attracting significant crossover support. Hillary Clinton's presidency has done nothing to our country but continue  Obama's spending policies that keep increasing our national debt. America cannot afford another four years of Hillary Clinton, so I am pleased to announce that I am running for President of the United States!
Remember that we are not a nation of Republicans and Democrats, we are all Americans. Unlike Donald Trump three years ago, I will unite people rather than divide. Many people are worried about the direction our country is headed, but my campaign will provide light and hope. And we will be united to win the White House! Our campaign is positive and we look ahead to the bright future of America under the Kasich administration! We will end out-of-control spending, balance the budget, welcome new legal immigrants, repair our infrastructure, and defeat ISIS!
It's time for new strong, honest, and effective leadership that can unite America! I believe I can get support from people all across this nation so I can serve as commander-in-chief of this great nation. Thanks and God bless!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2016, 10:40:17 PM »

Kasich for US 2020
Westerville, Ohio - July 24, 2019

Thank you, people of Ohio for all your support. It has been my pleasure representing you. While in Congress, I led the budget committee in the 1990's when we balanced the budget. After my tenure in Congress, I returned to the private sector. In 2010, after one term of Ted Strickland's disastrous governorship, which saw no economic growth in our state, many jobs lost, and a deficit rise up to $8 billion, I decided to return to politics and run for governor. After a tough race, we won. While in office, I took the state from an 8 billion dollar hole to a 2 billion dollar surplus, and eliminated the state's estate tax. During my time in office, Ohio also saw a 9.3% increase in private sector jobs.
In 2014, I was reelected governor by a large margin, carrying all but two of the state's counties. In my second term, I continued to cut taxes while boosting state funding for higher education and allocating much-needed money to maintain and repair our state's infrastructure. I also fought the opioid epidemic in Ohio by making naloxone, a life-saving antidote available without a prescription. By the end of my second term, I maintained very high approval ratings, higher than any other governor in the midwest.
In 2018, when I was term-limited, I decided to run for the US Senate to return to Washington to introduce legislation that will do what I did for Ohio for the whole county. I defeated incumbent Sherrod Brown by a comfortable margin, uniting conservatives and moderates as well as attracting significant crossover support. Hillary Clinton's presidency has done nothing to our country but continue  Obama's spending policies that keep increasing our national debt. America cannot afford another four years of Hillary Clinton, so I am pleased to announce that I am running for President of the United States!
Remember that we are not a nation of Republicans and Democrats, we are all Americans. Unlike Donald Trump three years ago, I will unite people rather than divide. Many people are worried about the direction our country is headed, but my campaign will provide light and hope. And we will be united to win the White House! Our campaign is positive and we look ahead to the bright future of America under the Kasich administration! We will end out-of-control spending, balance the budget, welcome new legal immigrants, repair our infrastructure, and defeat ISIS!
It's time for new strong, honest, and effective leadership that can unite America! I believe I can get support from people all across this nation so I can serve as commander-in-chief of this great nation. Thanks and God bless!

How did you post the image?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2016, 10:51:26 PM »

TIM SCOTT 2020

South Carolina Senator Tim Scott announces his 2020 Presidential bid at an event in Charleston

Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2016, 11:17:30 PM »

To post an image, click on the picture of an image (below the I), and it will type  for you. Type the URL of the image between.
AuH2O Republican
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2016, 02:57:41 AM »

I have had a manic weekend and already look quite a bit behind, so Mia Love will be dropping out of the race.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2016, 03:06:56 PM »

TIM SCOTT CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE

Senator Tim Scott discusses strategy with his campaign staff

September 14:
- Town hall and meet-and-greet at North Charleston High School (location of announcement) in SC
- Meet-and-greet in North Charleston, SC
- Fundraising dinner in Charleston, SC

September 15:
- Interviews on Sunday shows such as Meet the Press, Fox News Sunday, and Face the Nation
- Sunday service at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church (Mother Emanuel) in Charleston. Senator Scott gives a brief address about race relations in America

- Barnstorming and meet-and-greet in Summerville, SC
- Barnstorming in Hilton Head Island, SC
- Meeting with campaign volunteers and staff in Columbia, SC to help open up his campaign office in the city

September 16:
- Constituent breakfast in Columbia, SC
- Barnstorming and town hall in Orangeburg, SC
- Barnstorming and town hall in Lexington, SC
- Rally in Newberry, SC
- Fundraising dinner in Rock Hill, SC

September 17:
- Fundraising breakfast in Rock Hill, SC
- Barnstorming, town hall, and meet-and-greet in Spartanburg, SC
- Meeting with donors (fundraising) in Spartanburg, SC
- Barnstorming and meet-and-greet in Greenville, SC
- Town hall in Gaffney, SC

September 18:
- Flight from Greenville-Spartanburg Airport to Chattanooga, TN
- Barnstorming, town hall, and meet-and-greet in Chattanooga, TN
- Campaign announces the opening of several "storefront" field offices in Iowa, Tennessee, and South Carolina via press release at noon

- Town hall and meet-and-greet in Pulaski, TN
- Barnstorming and town hall in Shelbyville, TN

September 19:
- Meeting with donors in Nashville, TN
- Town hall and meet-and-greet in Nashville, TN
- Speech at historically black Fisk University in Nashville, TN

- Barnstorming and town hall in Smyrna, TN

September 20:
- Phone calls with potential donors for most of the day
- Rally in Nashville, TN
- Meet-and-greet dinner in Nashville, TN
- Attends a Friday night show at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, briefly addresses concertgoers
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2016, 07:58:12 PM »

Is it too late to join?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2016, 08:00:10 PM »

Nah. Just get your sh*t done by the morning.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2016, 08:01:44 PM »

Is there a synopsis version of just how exactly it works? Can I be any candidate I want?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2016, 08:05:38 PM »

Is there a synopsis version of just how exactly it works? Can I be any candidate I want?

First post for synopsis, be whoever you want to be.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2016, 08:31:06 PM »

Joni Ernst Campaign Schedule: September 14 - 20, 2019

September 14 - Ernst held a morning town hall in Milan, NH where she commented on many different issues. That afternoon she held another town hall in Berlin, NH where she also spoke on a wide variety of subjects, from Hillary Clinton to voting restrictions. That same day, the Ernst campaign opened a new campaign office in South Carolina. (HQ is in Des Moines, Iowa.)

"It just makes sense that a photo ID should be required to vote. There are too many cases of voter fraud to be acceptable in today's political climate, especially when elections are as close as they are. Just one or two false votes undermine the entire institution of democracy and just isn't fair to law-abiding voters who follow the rules."

September 15 - Ernst spent the morning visiting small businesses in Berlin, where she had short discussions with the owners about her economic plans, especially how she wanted to cut their taxes. That afternoon, Ernst appeared for a pre-recorded interview on the local TV stations in northern NH. She was grilled on her staunchly conservative social views but responded by mentioning values and morals and her childhood. She held a rally in Berlin that evening, where she highlighted her stances on crime, singling out BLM by accusing them of instigating violence against police. (The largest contributor to Berlin’s economy is correctional facilities.)

“For too long, we have idly stood by as these so called ‘activist groups’ encourage violence and scapegoat entire groups of people. The Ferguson Effect is a very real phenomenon, and I could not be more disappointed at Clinton’s apathy towards the very real dangers police officers face every day. We need a strong leader, who will stand behind our police officers and understands what it is like to put their life on the line for law and order. Let’s label Black Lives Matter as a terrorist group instead of an activist group and start correcting these anti-police feelings.”

September 16 - Ernst spent the morning with students and teachers at Gorham High School, New Hampshire, talking about her education and economic plans. She defended her positions on unions from one of the angry (female) teachers, but she connected well with the students. That night, she appeared as a guest on Hannity.

“The federal government should not be getting involved with things like education. Washington bureaucrats don’t know a thing about what children and young adults need in order to get ahead in life. Those who do are at the state and local levels of government. Under my presidency, we will end No Child Left Behind and the Common Core. Teachers, students, and even parents like me all agree that there is just too much uniform testing in the current system of education. The perfect antidote is the localizing of education in the United States.”

September 17 - Ernst arrived in Nashville, Tennessee at noon. One hour later, she held a fundraising party, where she made brief remarks about the free market and her upcoming tax plan. That evening, she held a rally in Nashville, talking with voters personally before it started. In her speech, she focused on her foreign and social policy stances, though she did mention her tax plan.

“I am proud to have served in uniform as a member of the National Guard. And my status as a veteran has influenced my policymaking in the Senate and you can surely bet that it will influence my policymaking as president. I will fight to make sure our men and women in uniform have the tools necessary to preserve our values and defend our nation. We must give them the very best training and equipment, establish missions with clear, attainable objectives, and ensure we have the best leaders.”

September 18 - Ernst spent the morning talking with factory workers in Nashville about how her economic plans would spur growth in the industry sector. One of the angry workers disagreed with her on unions, but she knew how to handle it this time. She held another fundraising lunch before heading to Springfield (TN), where she held a town hall where she was asked about values,  morals, energy, and healthcare, among other things.

“It’s time to put people back in charge of their health care, not Washington bureaucrats. The Affordable Care Act, which is anything but affordable, should be repealed and will be repealed on day one of my presidency. This disaster has added 1.2 trillion dollars in taxes to hardworking Americans. Businesses have seen their growth disappear. Patients have lost access to doctors. This is not right. I support a replacement that will put the free market in charge of healthcare. This plan will increase growth, decrease premiums, and let people see their doctors once again."

September 19 - Ernst visited Clarksville the next day, spending the morning going to restaurants and talking to voters about the issues important to them. That evening, she held a rally. In her speech, she outlined her foreign policy.

“We must work with our allies around the world to strengthen our security and their security, especially in Israel. We must counter ISIS and other international terrorist groups. We must deter the aggression of Russia and Iran and counter China’s rise. We, with other nations, must face these threats together to achieve global stability in an era with so many challenges.”

September 20 - Ernst flew back to her campaign headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa. There, she prepared for the debate for one hour. She held another fundraising lunch. That evening, she gave a speech in Des Moines, focusing on her Senate achievements.

“I have sponsored legislation relating to the Kurds in Iraq and how they are an ally in defeating ISIS. We need all the help we can get in dealing with terrorist organizations, and I know that we are stronger when we are numerous and united. I have introduced bills that helped our veterans and expanded our military. As president, I would do the same.”
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2016, 07:52:47 AM »

I don't think I have time to process this turn until this afternoon, but I haven't abandoned y'all, don't worry!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2016, 08:26:57 AM »

Why are you posting the schedules from Sept. 14 to Sept. 20 when in the introductory post it's said that Turn 1 is just announcements and that Turn 2 is from Sept. 21 to Sept. 28?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2016, 12:05:11 PM »

Why are you posting the schedules from Sept. 14 to Sept. 20 when in the introductory post it's said that Turn 1 is just announcements and that Turn 2 is from Sept. 21 to Sept. 28?

Maybe because our announcements were made long before the week Sept. 14-20.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2016, 12:25:34 PM »

I just did it because everyone else was doing it Tongue
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2016, 12:54:55 PM »

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2016, 12:56:38 PM »

New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2016, 05:30:30 PM »

I posted a schedule because I assumed that if I'd announce on the 14th I could campaign for that week. My bad.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2016, 07:40:45 PM »

If anyone, for any reason, wants to take over for me, please do.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2016, 11:23:10 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2016, 11:54:09 PM by UWS »

Just to be sure, if we don't have enough place to write all our schedule in only one post, is that possible to divide it on two posts for one turn? For example : Schedule part 1 and Schedule part 2?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2016, 06:47:27 AM »

Just to be sure, if we don't have enough place to write all our schedule in only one post, is that possible to divide it on two posts for one turn? For example : Schedule part 1 and Schedule part 2?

Sure
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2016, 07:04:22 AM »

Turn 2: September 21 to 28

Democratic Primary Polling
Hillary Clinton 77%
Tim Ashe 6%

Iowa Democratic Caucus Polling
Hillary Clinton 74%
Tim Ashe 10%

NH Democratic Primary Polling
Hillary Clinton 53%
Tim Ashe 33%

Republican Primary Poll
Paul Ryan 20%
Marco Rubio 16%
Joni Ernst 14%
Tim Scott 13%
Cory Gardner 9%
John Kasich 7%
James Comey 4%
Tom Cotton 3%

Iowa Republican Primary Poll
Ernst 25%
Ryan 16%
Scott 11%
Rubio 11%
Gardner 6%
Comey 4%
Kasich 3%
Cotton 3%

New Hampshire Republican Primary Poll
Marco Rubio 23%
Paul Ryan 16%
John Kasich 15%
Tim Scott 11%
Joni Ernst 10%
Cory Gardner 8%
James Comey 6%
Tom Cotton 2%

Do your stuff for this turn by the end of Monday, August 1. Thanks! Wink
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2016, 07:23:24 AM »

Turn 2: September 21 to 28

Democratic Primary Polling
Hillary Clinton 77%
Tim Ashe 6%

Iowa Democratic Caucus Polling
Hillary Clinton 74%
Tim Ashe 10%

NH Democratic Primary Polling
Hillary Clinton 53%
Tim Ashe 33%

Republican Primary Poll
Paul Ryan 20%
Marco Rubio 16%
Joni Ernst 14%
Tim Scott 13%
Cory Gardner 9%
John Kasich 7%
James Comey 4%
Tom Cotton 3%

Iowa Republican Primary Poll
Ernst 25%
Ryan 16%
Scott 11%
Rubio 11%
Gardner 6%
Comey 4%
Kasich 3%
Cotton 3%

New Hampshire Republican Primary Poll
Marco Rubio 23%
Paul Ryan 16%
John Kasich 15%
Tim Scott 11%
Joni Ernst 10%
Cory Gardner 8%
James Comey 6%
Tom Cotton 2%

Do your stuff for this turn by the end of Monday, August 1. Thanks! Wink

« Stuff », you mean our schedule?

And also, you mean that the third turn will begin at August 1?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2016, 07:25:45 AM »

« Stuff », you mean our schedule?

And also, you mean that the third turn will begin at August 1?

Sure, kid, whatever.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies