Election 2020: The Game! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:18:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election 2020: The Game! (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: Election 2020: The Game!  (Read 79615 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

« on: July 22, 2016, 01:22:42 PM »

I'd like to join as Marco Rubio. To join the game, do we just have to start it by make an announcement speech?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 02:18:45 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2017, 11:09:22 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio for President 2020
Right here Right now
Campaign Announcement : Tampa, Florida– University of South Florida

June 7, 2019

« Thank you, Tampa! Thank you, my friends!

Sixty years ago, Fidel Castro took power in Cuba, the land of my ancestors. But many ran from Castro's tyranny and anti-free market threat to get residence here in America in order to accomplish their dreams. As son of immigrants, I lived the American Dream. Since three years now, Hillary Clinton, a leader from yesterday, has weakened our economy by taxing people more, regulating more, spending more, making us more dependent from foreign oil and increasing the debt to over 20 billion $. We need free market policies to get our economy back on track by embracing energy revolution (which requires more oil production and energy independence), free trade, school choice, business championing and tax cuts for all Americans.

Since three years now, President Clinton showed weakness in fighting terrorism and Russia's imperialist actions. The world is more dangerous than ever before. We don't want more tragedies like the ones in Orlando, San Bernardino, Paris, Nice, etc. I have the right foreign policy experience : under my leadership, we will increase defense spending, fight terrorism around the world and strengthen our strategic alliances.

All this kind of agenda requires an expansion of our party. We need to attract Hispanic votes, African American votes, Asian American votes and female votes to show that the Republican Party is the party for all Americans. As a son of immigrants, I am the best qualified to do it. That way, we can win the White House, beat Hillary Clinton and lead America to prosperity and security. For this reason, in order to serve our country, I'm running for President of the United States of America and we need this kind of leadership right here, right now!

Thank you! God Bless you, and God Bless the United States of America! »
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 02:28:45 PM »

America in 2020: The State of the Union

President Clinton Job Approval
Approve 45%
Disapprove 47%

CPI: 315.12
Unemployment rate: 7.3%

2016/2018 Senate Results

2016:

Pickups

Indiana (Bayh)
Wisconsin (Feingold)
Illinois (Duckworth)
Pennsylvania (McGinty)
New Hampshire (Hassan)

51-49

2018:

Pickups

Florida
Missouri
Indiana
North Dakota
West Virginia
Ohio (Kasich)
Virginia

56-44

2020 GOP Primary Schedule

Jan 14: Iowa
Jan 21: New Hampshire
Feb 4: South Carolina and Nevada
Feb 8: Tennessee
Feb 11: Alaska, Montana, and Washington
Feb 22: Arizona
March 3 (Super Tuesday): Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Vermont, Wyoming
March 10: Idaho, Hawai'i, Mississippi, Louisiana
March 14: Puerto Rico, American Samoa
March 17: Guam
March 20: Virgin Islands
March 31: Colorado, Kentucky, and Virginia
April 7: Michigan and Northern Mariana Islands
April 14: Florida, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, West Virginia
April 21: Illinois, Maine, North Carolina, Ohio
April 28: New York
May 12: DC, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
May 16: Connecticut, Rhode Island
May 19: Utah
June 2: California, Indiana, New Mexico, Oregon
July 27-30: RNC 2020

If you want any more information, tell me, I'll be happy to post it Wink

I have two questions :

-How many delegates a candidate will have to win to clinch the nomination?

-Are you sure we should not set the 2020 RNC before July 24? Because the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo will be held from July 24 to August 9 and if the RNC is set between these dates, more people might get more attention at the Olympics than at the RNC.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 11:42:44 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2016, 12:08:07 AM by UWS »

Are the debates included in that game? If yes, when and where will the next debate be held?

Just to be sure, is PM (procedure to get endorsements) an abbreviation of « Private Message »? If that's the case, must these messages be sent only to the Game Moderator?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 11:05:15 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2016, 08:36:45 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : Week of Sept. 14, 2019-Sept. 20, 2019

September 14th, 2019
Marco Rubio made an appearance at an event at the Freedom Tower in Miami, Florida. He claimed the economic benefits from immigrants' path to American citizenship. In addition of promising to liberalize Cuba, the land of his ancestors, he also promoted free trade with Latin America by affirming that it would reinforce freedom and prosperity in the United States and in Latin America with the influence of free market and that it will help the United States to counterbalance China's trading power since Latin America's economy is as big as China's. Later in the afternoon, Senator Rubio attended a fundraiser in Belle Glade, Florida hosted by Businessman at the Sugar Cane Growers Cooperative of Florida's headquarters. He met his campaign team to organize a foreign policy speech at the Naval Support Activity Orlando on September 15th.

September 15th, 2019
Foreign Policy Speech - Naval Support Activity Orlando at the Central Florida Research Park
Thank you for attending this rally in this time of war and terrorist threat. Eight years ago, President Obama made the mistake of withdrawing our troops from Iraq and to cut military spending, which helped the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) to emerge and expand its territory from Iraq to Syria and to commit many terrorist attacks around the world, including here in Orlando, three years ago, to threat our values of freedom, democracy and justice. Now President Clinton is keeping us in this path to permanent weakness that led to the death of many of our fellow Americans. We have to increase military spending to fight and defeat Radical Islamic terrorism and to defend our allies. We need to take action to defeat ISIS once and for all.

We need to arm and train militarily the Kurds and the Syrian rebellion to make them able to fight ISIS successfully. If we want to defeat ISIS, we also have to deprive it of its sources of supplies, especially oil, by securing those resources and giving them back to Syrians and Iraqis. We also need to reinforce our strategic alliances, especially with Turkey because of its military power and its neighbourhood with Syria and Iraq. Since Turkey is demanding us to topple the tyrannical regime of Bachar al-Assad in exchange of a Turkish military intervention against ISIS, we've got to make Assad's fall a priority as well in order to ensure freedom, democratic transition and security in Syria through reconstruction and to make sure that we're going to stop the division of anti-ISIS forces that, thanks to the elimination of Assad, an internal enemy, will fight against only one enemy : ISIS, because this terrorist organization is profiting from anti-ISIS forces' division to commit more terrorist attacks. One thing does not exclude another.

Time has come to send ground troops in Syria in order to fight and destroy ISIS on its territory and to end Assad's oppression. That way, alongside our NATO allies, Syria, Iraq and the Kurds, we will surround ISIS. This terrorist group will get attacked from every side and will be forced to divide its forces to defend its remaining positions in Syria and Iraq, thus making them weaker. If this kind of scenario helped us to defeat Adolf Hitler  during World War II thanks to the division of the Nazi forces on two fronts in the European continent (the Western Front and the Eastern Front), it can work against ISIS as well. That way, the Middle East will make another great step to democracy, freedom, peace and justice, we will free the territory occupied by ISIS and we will find Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, leader of ISIS, and then capture or kill him, thus weakening ISIS much more.
It is time of a stronger America, a stronger international security a safer, freer and peaceful world. I will use my foreign policy experience to make it happen. Thank you and God Bless America.

September 16th, 2019

After his campaign flight from Orlando landed in Des Moines, Iowa, Marco Rubio, holds a rally before the Firestone Agricultural Tire Company. Since agriculture is Iowa's main economic activity, the Florida Senator promises tax cuts and tax credits for all U.S. businesses, including tractor companies and seed companies. including tractor manufacturing companies as well as seed companies and to give them tax credits in order to help these companies to innovate, to create new jobs and to increase the production of agricultural tractors and seeds, thus helping Iowans and Americans to accomplish their agricultural activities and ensure their subsistence. Rubio affirms that energy independence will also boost tractor manufacturing as well as the effectiveness of new agricultural technologies. He argues that his plan will reduce Iowans' and Americans' dependence on food stamps by the reduction of inflation and food prices, which will reinforce their purchasing power and give them more access to food. Later that day, Rubio and his campaign team wrote and organized a speech on freedom of religion scheduled on September 17th, in Sioux City, Iowa and has the goal of wooing Evangelical Christian conservatives.

September 17th, 2019

Freedom of religion speech - St Joseph's Catholic Church, Sioux City, Iowa

Thank you for this warm welcome in the blessed city of Sioux City.
During all my political career, I fought for freedom of religion because it gives every American the right to practice any religion and because freedom of religion is a basic element of the First that is defending not only freedom of religion, but also freedom of speech and freedom of the press, all values of our democracy.

But in this time of growing jihadist threat, all these values, including freedom of religion, are threatened by radical Islamic terrorism. We saw it around the world, including here in the United States during the Orlando shooting, three years ago. In the Middle East, jihadists from ISIS are beheading Christians and they are trying to impose Islam through violence. And by promoting violence, ISIS is not respecting Islam's rules and is not respecting the right to practice any religion. This is valuating freedom, democracy, justice and integrity That's why I fought for freedom of religion by legislating a bill on this matter in the Senate. And I will keep fighting for freedom of religion as your president by sending troops in the Middle East to combat ISIS and protect your local coreligionists if necessary. By eradicating ISIS, we will reinforce freedom of religion here and abroad, thus ensuring the defense of democracy, freedom and justice. Your coreligionists in the Middle East will be safe, people will be allowed to speak their mind and every religion around the world will be saved from persecution.
Iran wants the death of Israel, our greatest ally in the Middle East. Tehran is demonstrating this by using the capital gains earned from diplomatic sanctions lifting to keep developing its nuclear military program. In addition, Iran is supporting and funding Hezbollah to commit terrorist attacks in the Middle East, especially Israel. Israel's destruction would almost lead to Judaism's extinction. This would also be a disastrous violation of the freedom of religion, freedom of speech and democracy. For this reason, I take the pledge to re-establish sanctions against Tehran to keep capitals from falling in the hands of the the Iranian government. I have a plan to create an association between nations included in the Indian Sub-Continent (India, Pakistan and Afghanistan) in order to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons. After all, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India have common goals and common enemies. These three countries suffered terrorist attacks and are fighting terrorism. But for many years, India and Pakistan are facing high diplomatic tensions on religious and territorial matters. But they both successfully fought for their liberty and defeated British colonial oppression seven decades ago. So these two nations are, in some ways, brothers and they need to work together to fight and eradicate Islamic terrorism and make sure that Pakistani nuclear weapons will not fall in the hands of terrorists. In addition, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India, just like us, are worried about the possibility of Iran getting a nuclear bomb. Support for the Iranian military nuclear among the Iranian public opinion is still strong. So we need to create this intergovernmental military alliance in the Indian Sub-Continent to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons and to defeat radical Islamic terrorism in Afghanistan and in Pakistan. This plan will defend freedom of religion as well in addition of ensuring liberty and security in the Middle East.
This is the responsibility of a commander-in-chief to guarantee liberty and justice for all and I take the pledge to fulfill this responsibility as President of the United States. Thank you, God Bless you and God Bless America.

September 18th, 2019

11:00 AM ET : Meet with the voters in Davenport
4:00 PM ET : Address the Iowa Farm Business Association in Ames, Iowa.
9:00 PM ET : Fundraiser event at MidAmerican Energy Company in Council Bluffs

September 19th, 2019

10:00 AM ET : Fundraiser event in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
3:30 PM ET : Speech to the Manchester, NH Chamber of Commerce
7:30 PM ET : Speech at Segway Inc.'s headquarter in Manchester

September 20th, 2019

10:30 AM ET : Speech in Concord, NH in favor of the expansion of the Quebec – New England Transmission
1:00 PM ET : Fundraiser event in Concord
4:00 PM ET : Meet with the voters at Franklin Pierce University in Concord
7:00 PM ET : Debate preparation
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 10:40:17 PM »

Kasich for US 2020
Westerville, Ohio - July 24, 2019

Thank you, people of Ohio for all your support. It has been my pleasure representing you. While in Congress, I led the budget committee in the 1990's when we balanced the budget. After my tenure in Congress, I returned to the private sector. In 2010, after one term of Ted Strickland's disastrous governorship, which saw no economic growth in our state, many jobs lost, and a deficit rise up to $8 billion, I decided to return to politics and run for governor. After a tough race, we won. While in office, I took the state from an 8 billion dollar hole to a 2 billion dollar surplus, and eliminated the state's estate tax. During my time in office, Ohio also saw a 9.3% increase in private sector jobs.
In 2014, I was reelected governor by a large margin, carrying all but two of the state's counties. In my second term, I continued to cut taxes while boosting state funding for higher education and allocating much-needed money to maintain and repair our state's infrastructure. I also fought the opioid epidemic in Ohio by making naloxone, a life-saving antidote available without a prescription. By the end of my second term, I maintained very high approval ratings, higher than any other governor in the midwest.
In 2018, when I was term-limited, I decided to run for the US Senate to return to Washington to introduce legislation that will do what I did for Ohio for the whole county. I defeated incumbent Sherrod Brown by a comfortable margin, uniting conservatives and moderates as well as attracting significant crossover support. Hillary Clinton's presidency has done nothing to our country but continue  Obama's spending policies that keep increasing our national debt. America cannot afford another four years of Hillary Clinton, so I am pleased to announce that I am running for President of the United States!
Remember that we are not a nation of Republicans and Democrats, we are all Americans. Unlike Donald Trump three years ago, I will unite people rather than divide. Many people are worried about the direction our country is headed, but my campaign will provide light and hope. And we will be united to win the White House! Our campaign is positive and we look ahead to the bright future of America under the Kasich administration! We will end out-of-control spending, balance the budget, welcome new legal immigrants, repair our infrastructure, and defeat ISIS!
It's time for new strong, honest, and effective leadership that can unite America! I believe I can get support from people all across this nation so I can serve as commander-in-chief of this great nation. Thanks and God bless!

How did you post the image?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 12:05:11 PM »

Why are you posting the schedules from Sept. 14 to Sept. 20 when in the introductory post it's said that Turn 1 is just announcements and that Turn 2 is from Sept. 21 to Sept. 28?

Maybe because our announcements were made long before the week Sept. 14-20.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 11:23:10 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2016, 11:54:09 PM by UWS »

Just to be sure, if we don't have enough place to write all our schedule in only one post, is that possible to divide it on two posts for one turn? For example : Schedule part 1 and Schedule part 2?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 07:23:24 AM »

Turn 2: September 21 to 28

Democratic Primary Polling
Hillary Clinton 77%
Tim Ashe 6%

Iowa Democratic Caucus Polling
Hillary Clinton 74%
Tim Ashe 10%

NH Democratic Primary Polling
Hillary Clinton 53%
Tim Ashe 33%

Republican Primary Poll
Paul Ryan 20%
Marco Rubio 16%
Joni Ernst 14%
Tim Scott 13%
Cory Gardner 9%
John Kasich 7%
James Comey 4%
Tom Cotton 3%

Iowa Republican Primary Poll
Ernst 25%
Ryan 16%
Scott 11%
Rubio 11%
Gardner 6%
Comey 4%
Kasich 3%
Cotton 3%

New Hampshire Republican Primary Poll
Marco Rubio 23%
Paul Ryan 16%
John Kasich 15%
Tim Scott 11%
Joni Ernst 10%
Cory Gardner 8%
James Comey 6%
Tom Cotton 2%

Do your stuff for this turn by the end of Monday, August 1. Thanks! Wink

« Stuff », you mean our schedule?

And also, you mean that the third turn will begin at August 1?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 07:27:40 AM »

Ok
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 09:23:53 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2016, 09:37:16 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : Week of Sept. 21, 2019-Sept. 27, 2019, Part 1

September 21st, 2019

Education policy speech - Saint Anselm College, Goffstown, NH

We are a nation of immigrants and diversity is a good reputation for America. We need to make sure they can be integrated while our borders are secured. I was raised paycheck to paycheck and many immigrant families are living paycheck to paycheck so their kids don't have the same chance as other families to have the skills to succeed in America's schools.

The America my parents came to 63 years ago was one where you could find a middle income job even without a higher education. That is how they succeeded to the middle class, working as a bartender and a maid. But they desperately wanted their children to have even more than that. Giving us the chance at a better life was their American Dream. My parents did not make enough to save for our education. But I managed to use Pell grants, student loans, work study and summer jobs to pay for a four-year degree and eventually law school.
Not all college majors have the same success rate in terms of students' connection with good jobs. At the national level, majors like business, liberal arts, and hospitality have underemployment rates at 50 percent if not more. There are more graduates than jobs in these sectors. Meanwhile, engineering, health services and education all have underemployment rates under 25 percent. It's imperative that we reverse this tendency.

We need to promote school choice, which will cost families, including these immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, less and produce higher outcomes compared to public education. It will grant parents the power to orientate their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and look for better education elsewhere. It will expand opportunities for low-income students—especially minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to higher-income families, thus increasing their chances of success and of entry into the workforce.
China & India graduate more science & engineering PhDs, which is boosting their innovation knowledge faster than ours, boosting their industries and helping them creating much more new businesses and jobs than we do. So we need to increase education investing to make it easier to create the jobs of tomorrow and help students studying in business administration or in engineering to create, open and develop new businesses that will create more jobs thanks to increased knowledge. New Hampshire can be proud of one of its remarkable families : the Sununu family, a great and honorable family of innovators that is prominent in the fields of business and politics represents a great example of job creation and prosperity through knowledge. Let's give all American people this chance.

That's how we will create the good-paying jobs of tomorrow and strengthen America's reputation as the land of opportunity.

That's what we can call the knowledge economy. We must put our children's needs first, ahead of the teacher unions' interests. School choice will give a chance for all Americans to accomplish the American Dream. By investing in education, we will create more companies and remain the number one country in the world in terms of job creation. Thank you! Que Dios bendiga los Estados Unidos de América!

September 22nd, 2019

Energy policy speech - Seabrook Station Nuclear Power Plant, Seabrook, NH

Like we all agree with, economic growth requires energy independence and innovation. The CTA named me Innovation Policy Ninja, which is why I promote economic growth through innovation. We must use all our energies, oil, gas, nuclear, wind, solar energy and electrical energy. The Energy Information Administration reported that New Hampshire's energy consumption and per capita energy consumption are among the lowest in the country. We need to increase it if we want to create new jobs. New Hampshire represents a perfect example of this desire to develop the electric industry since the Seabrook Station Nuclear Power Plant is the largest nuclear reactor in New England and provides about 30 % of New Hampshire's electricity. I have a plan to boost our electric industry as well as our nuclear industry. I support an expansion of the Quebec–New England Electric Power Transmission to create new American jobs and develop new electric technologies that will help us creating more jobs. I will also, as President of the United States, woo French private investors with electric industry skills during the World Economic Forum in Davos (Switzerland) in order to help our electric and nuclear industries growing thanks to nuclear technologies adopted by France, one of our greatest partners and one of the greatest nuclear producers in the world. That way, not only new American jobs will be created, but more Americans will have access to electricity.

September 23rd, 2019

Marco Rubio flew to Charleston, South Carolina. He announced the opening of five campaign offices in Des Moines, Iowa; Manchester, New Hampshire; Charleston, South Carolina; Las Vegas, Nevada and state campaign headquarters in Miami, Florida. He attended an fundraising dinner in Charleston. He then appeared at an event and made a speech in front of his supporters the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, where nine people were killed by a white supremacist on June 17, 2015.

Speech on African-Americans' living conditions - Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, SC Sad

In the last ten years, African-Americans' living conditions have not improved. Racism is still alive today and the violent deaths of African-Americans, including here in Charleston (2015), Saint Paul (2016), Minnesota and Baton Rouge (2016), Louisiana, demonstrated it, whether these murders were committed by criminals, terrorists or policemen. Like I said, if you are white in America, you cannot fully understand what it means to be black in America. The racial tensions got worse than they were ten years ago and the economic depression we are actually living has deepen racial inequalities. We need a reformed criminal code, which criminal regulations and laws are easier to understand, a reform of civil forfeiture by which people suspected of crimes will be deprived of private property. We also need economic growth for all the American people, including African-Americans. So we have to promote school choice to give them an easier access to education and to champion our automotive industry by increasing oil and gas productions and cutting taxes on business because Detroit, capital of the American automotive industry, is now in bankruptcy, which have cost too many jobs, especially among African-Americans, and could contribute to the bankruptcy of other great cities of the Midwest (a region where a massive African-American population is living) like Chicago, Milwaukee, etc.

Since the beginning of its existence, the Republican Party has been an inclusive party and will keep this status. That's why Abraham Lincoln has freed African-Americans from slavery and that's why I appreciate Governor Haley's decision to remove the Confederate flag from the South Carolina State House after the Charleston shooting in 2015, because we will never tolerate discrimination because the American people must stay united and stand with an optimistic agenda like mine that will create jobs and opportunity in order to restore the American Dream.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 09:26:02 AM »
« Edited: August 01, 2016, 09:10:11 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : Week of Sept. 21, 2019-Sept. 27, 2019, Part 2

September 24th, 2019
-Phone calls with potential donors for most of the morning
-Interview on Face the Nation
-At The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina (in Charleston), Senator Rubio gives an address about his foreign policy accomplishments in the Senate, the importance of promoting geopolitical alliances and the urgency of increasing defense spending.

Foreign policy speech - The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, Charleston, SC Sad

In the U.S. Senate, I chaired the Committee on Foreign Relations, I know how diplomacy works. As President, I will use my diplomatic experience to strengthen our relations with our allies and create new alliances. I cited the example of a military collaboration similar to NATO between the powers of the Pacific to prevent any Chinese aggression or any North Korean nuclear attack against its neighbours. I also cited the example of a military collaboration between our country, India, Pakistan and Afghanistan to fight Islamic terrorism and prevent any nuclear attack by Iran. Such alliances can work because all these countries have common goals like fighting Islamic terrorism, stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons or prevent a geopolitical crisis in the Pacific.
In the end of my first term in the Senate, I co-sponsored the National Defence Authorisation Act (NDAA)-2017 that bolstered and strengthened our defense ties between United States and India, a strategic ally in the Indian Sub-Continent. This bill
With our military power and with the collaboration of our allies, we will manage to defeat our enemies and that's why I will promote strength through unity as commander-in-chief. Like we always say since America's birth : « United We Stand ».
Four years ago, I supported sanctions on Hezbollah, which made this terrorist organization less capable of threatening Israel by supporting Palestinian extremists, of helping militarily the Assad regime in Syria and of helping Iran in getting nuclear weapon. Just like Iran, Hezbollah is threatening freedom of religion by threatening Israel, a Jewish nation. With Mossad's collaboration, we'll be able to discover any conspiracy fomented by Hezbollah against us and our allies, making our foes in the Middle East weaker and making this region safer than it was ever before.
In the last ten years, the world has grown more dangerous while our military suffered disastrous defense cuts. The threats to our nation and international security and peace like ISIS, Al Qaida, Iran, Russia, Syria, China and North Korea have continued to multiply. With a military built for the 20th century rather than the 21st, how can we expect a strong national security? As Commander-in-chief, I will restore American strength by giving our troops the training and equipment to combat successfully the threats they will face, by increasing defense spending to ensure our armed forces' readiness and to modernize our military. I will extend the size of the Marine to 182 000 men and the size of the Army to 490 000 to reverse the cuts in military spending and allow us to send more troops in Europe to stop the Russian agression.
I will recapitalize our Navy and increase the size of our fleet to at least 323 ships by 2028, reversing cuts that have slashed our fleet to its smallest size since World War I. Because a major part of this effort must be to ensure a large and modern U.S. submarine fleet, I will order at least two Virginia-class submarines to be built each year.

South Carolina has an important role to play in this process. The Navy’s Nuclear Power School, located just outside of Charleston, helps train the next generation of officers and enlisted sailors to operate many of the vanguard ships in our fleet. In all, defense spending accounted for more than six billion dollars in economic activity in South Carolina in 2014. That’s $1,262 per resident. A strong defense industrial base is necessary to our national security and our local economies as well, and that is why I will oppose more rounds of base realignment and closure, which endangers vital military installations in the Palmetto State and across the country.

To make sure that the 21st Century will be an American century, we need a strong American military, an element of our security and prosperity. And that's why I am running for president. For a long time, South Carolina has made a vital contribution to our defense and when I am Commander-in-chief it will continue to help ensure that Americans are safe and free. Thank you, God bless our men and women and uniform, God bless our veterans and God bless America.

September 25th, 2019

-Barnstorming in Goose Creek, SC
-Foreign policy speech at Nuclear Power School in Goose Creek, SC :
In this time of growing international threats, we need to increase defense spending to counter these threats, which requires improving our military. We can do it by balancing the budget through tax cuts, job creation, free market policies as well as research and innovation supporting. Many military universities and colleges here in South Carolina like the Nuclear Power School partnered to ensure military arsenal improvement by research and innovation. That way, once the budget balanced, we can use the budget surplus to innovate our military arsenal, making our military much more powerful, our enemies much more weaker and the world much more safer.
We must show our solidarity with our allies, including Ukraine. We need to arm the Ukrainian troops and bring them military training. Russia is training and arming the pro-Russian rebellion, well Ukrainian troops will be able to defeat this insurgency and to defend their country with American military knowledge and weapons. Turkey's geographical position in proximity with Ukraine as well as a deployment of our fleet and our allies' fleets will help us to surround the pro-Russian insurgents occupying Crimea. Then, it will be more easy to free Crimea and give it back to Ukraine. By supplying powerful submarines to Ukraine, the Ukrainian Naval Forces will be able to defeat the Russian Navy on the Black Sea if Russia ever decides to launch naval attacks against Ukraine.
By the way, if we increase diplomatic and economic sanctions against Russia, it will devalue Russian gas, which will make Ukraine more independent from Russian gas and orientate this nation to American gas that will be less expansive and will make Ukraine richer thanks to a partnership with a friendlier nation like ours.

-Meet with fundraisers in Columbia, SC
-Campaign speech on Rubio's record on veterans at the Memorial Park in Columbia, SC :

My older brother Mario Rubio is a military veteran and he represents to me an example of the living conditions of our veterans. I have a clear record on improving our veterans lives. I supported a bill that passed into law. This law empowered the United States Department of Veterans Affairs in order to care more about vets than bureaucrats. I am proud of our veterans' service for our country, for our liberty and our security. My colleagues in the Senate John McCain and Lindsey Graham, both veterans and war heroes had always put America's interests first, mostly by supporting a strong foreign policy, a strong defense and a strong national security. I am proud of this post-military career service for America's security. So I promise you that under my watch as President of the United States our future military veterans will have access to the same services as the actual veterans do. They will deserve this because their honorable service for our country will keep us safe and we must thank them for that. Thank you! God bless our veterans and God bless the United States of America!

September 26th, 2019
-Fundraiser event in Columbia, SC
-Foreign policy speech at Fort Jackson in Columbia, SC
-Meet with the voters at the Peace Center in Greenville, SC
-Fundraising dinner in Greenville
-Abortion policy speech at Greenville Health System in Greenville, SC :
Abortion is never good. Everybody, whether or not they are yet eligible to vote, has the right to live. And like I said, if we tolerate abortion, future generations are likely to look back at this history of our country and call us barbarians for murdering millions of babies who we never gave them a chance to live. This is not only a social issue, it's also an economic issue. One of the main reasons why the Glorious Thirty (1945-1972) were so prosperous was the great number of young baby boomers who were available to find a job and work. Today, it's exactly the opposite : many baby boomers are going to retirement, which hurts our workforce and slows our GDP and our economy. So if we want longer term economic growth and prosperity, we need to fight abortion in order to let future generations live and make sure that our workforce will get stronger and stronger, making our economy growing again. That's what I'm going to do if I'm elected President of the United States on November 3rd 2020 and inaugurated as the 46th President of the United States on January 20th 2021 while reiterating my pledges for the country and saying « So help me God! ». Thank you, may God bless America.
-Debate preparation

September 27th, 2019
-Fundraising breakfast in Greenville
-Debate preparation
-Interview on Fox News
-Barnstorming and fundraising in Rock Hill, SC
-Speech at Kings Mountain National Military Park in Rock Hill, SC
-Meet with the voters at Clinton Junior College in Rock Hill, SC
-Meet with the voters and the donors at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC
-Flight to Las Vegas, Nevada

September 28th, 2019
-Meet with the voters at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas, NV
-Meeting with organizers of foreign policy ad similar to Ronald Reagan's There is a bear in the woods demonstrating Marco Rubio as tougher and stronger than President Hillary Clinton when it comes to dealing with threats to international security and fighting terrorism.
-Door knocking in Las Vegas, NV
-Rest and debate preparation
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 09:02:11 PM »

I didn't expect Tim Scott to drop out so early. So must the responses to these breaking news be included in our original schedules?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 06:47:33 PM »

Another note -- you can "respond" to news events in any way you'd like. You can incorporate responses into speeches, you can release statements, you can reference the event in debate answers, or you can not respond at all (although this may have negative consequences). It's up to you.
Just to be sure, if we did not expect such an event so early, can the response not be included in our original schedule?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2016, 09:15:39 PM »

No one, except for me, Paul Ryan, Hillary Clinton and Tim Ashe has posted their schedules. But does the next turn still start tomorrow?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 06:00:45 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2016, 11:18:32 PM by UWS »

Rubio's statement on Tim Scott dropping out of the race.
Recently, we learned that Tim Scott dropped out of the race. Even though Senator Scott and I were opponents for a short time, I am thankful of his contribution to this presidential campaign, to conservative values and to America's future. Tim is a friend of mine, it's a great honour to have a principled man like him as a partner in the Senate and together, when I'm President of the United States, Tim and I will keep working together by ratifying new laws and reforms that will get America back on track thanks to conservative and pro-growth solutions proposed by the Grand « Opportunity » Party. I share Senator Scott's values and goals such as small government, tax cuts, free market's promotion for the sake of our prosperity, strengthening our middle-class, fight for liberty, making sure our country remains the greatest country in the world, strong national security, defeating ISIS, defending the Second Amendment, allowing unborn children to live, repealing the unconstitutional Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), improving the living conditions of the African-American community, taking care of our brave and honourable veterans as well as defending and restoring the American Dream. God bless Tim Scott and his supporters, God bless South Carolina and God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 05:42:54 PM »

The next turn has begun. Please post schedules within 72 hours.

I have 2 questions :

-I thought the maximum time for schedules was 96 hours. Is that still the case?
-If I ever want to PM you, do we do it by emails? If yes, what is your email address?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 06:23:45 PM »

I have 2 questions :

-If I ever want to PM you, do we do it by emails? If yes, what is your email address?

1. I was under the impression that there was a range, but because turns are only one week I'm going to stick with 72 hours from now on.
2. Click on the link to my profile, then click the "send message" link in my profile to contact me for endorsements or other things.

Just wondering, who is the Governor of New Hampshire?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 07:05:07 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2016, 07:07:37 PM by UWS »

I have 2 questions :

1. I was under the impression that there was a range, but because turns are only one week I'm going to stick with 72 hours from now on.
2. Click on the link to my profile, then click the "send message" link in my profile to contact me for endorsements or other things.

Chris Sununu defeated incumbent Colin Van Ostern in a 2018 rematch for the Governorship.

Can the reason for an endorsement be the offer of a post in my candidate's administration?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 07:12:41 PM »

I have 2 questions :

Chris Sununu defeated incumbent Colin Van Ostern in a 2018 rematch for the Governorship.

Can the reason for an endorsement be the offer of a post in my candidate's administration?

You can do that, if you're willing to risk a scandal if the information leaks.

O.K., so I better not.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 08:42:30 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2016, 08:30:12 PM by UWS »

Rubio's statement on Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy considering retirement

Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy is considering retirement. Even though I don't agree with him on every issue, I'm thankful of his fight for the Constitution of the United States. If he retires, Hillary Clinton will get a new opportunity to increase liberal influence in the Supreme Court of the United States by changing Kennedy's seat from moderate to liberal through the nomination of more liberals in order to promote gun control, violating the Second Amendment, to allow abortion, preventing unborn children from living, to give a green light to big government, undermining taxpayers' purchasing power and increasing the deficit, and to expand Obamacare, weakening Medicare, ensuring small business decline, depriving our fellow citizens of their health insurance, accelerating patients' agony and bringing more deficit.

As President of the United States, I will reverse this tendency by nominating conservatives to the Supreme Court of the United States to defend the Second Amendment and American's posess a gun, to promote life by fightinhg abortion, to reduce the size of government for the sake of economic growth and prosperity through free market policies, tax cuts and reducing spending, and to repeal Obamacare once and for all, reducing the deficit, giving patients' access to necessary treatment, giving back Medicare and health insurance to the American people and allowing small business to prosper and create jobs.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 11:55:55 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2016, 10:32:30 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : Week of Sept. 29, 2019-Oct. 5, 2019, Part 1

September 29th, 2019
-Space policy speech responding to Joni Ernst's space policy speech delivered in Des Moines on September 21 and unveiling Marco Rubio's plan for the development of American space program and industry and the revival of American space exploration at Nevada Aerospace Hall of Fame in Las Vegas, Nevada :

In the last twelve years, American space industry and space exploration have declined, mostly because of this recession that weakened our economy, the increase of our national debt at over 20 trillion $, the increase of big government spending, tax increases and the government's intrusion in the economy, thus bringing more deficit and more job losses. I want our country to make progress in space and relaunch space exploration before other nations like China, Russia or India do. I believe in a manned and very strong and dynamic space program, and I appreciate my friend Senator Joni Ernst's willingness to revive space exploration. But in this time of recession and economic depression, we need to remain fiscally responsible. Senator Ernst seeks to fund NASA and space exploration, but the problem is that means a bigger government spending agenda that will cost billions and billions of dollars and considerably increase our national debt to approximately 25 trillion $, which will force economic agents to reduce investment consumption, thus weakening American business activity and lead to further unemployment. This is fiscally irresponsible and fiscal irresponsibility is unacceptable. We are a party that is embracing fiscal conservatism and fiscal responsibility and advocating tax cuts, reduction of government spending and government deficit. Reviving our space program is not government's role. As a proud conservative Republican, like any other, I trust free market to lead us to success in space exploration. That's why the Senate passed an Amendment I introduced in 2013 to enable NASA to dispose underutilized facilities that could be utilized by commercial users and state and local entities, resulting in savings for NASA, a reduction in the federal government’s burden to fund space operations and our commercial space capability's growth while saving taxpayers' money.

The right procedure to grow our space industry and relaunch U.S. space exploration is to incentivize the private sector to develop space technology by promoting partnership between NASA and private spaceflight companies like SpaceX, Shackleton Energy Company, Space Adventures, Ltd., Planetary Resources, Deep Space Industries, etc., and by extending tax credits and exemptions for those businesses investing in research and development, equipment and other capital (a plan similar to the AGREE Act that I co-sponsored to the Senate in 2011) in order not only to create new jobs in the space industry but also to develop a plan that will keep our space program alive, dynamic and competitive. That's how we'll be able to innovate and develop our space technologies and equipment and to exploit volatiles, minerals and other raw materials from asteroids, comets, moons, near-Earth objects and other space objects to grow our economy. Some of these resources will be taken back to Earth to grow our economy and create jobs (especially gold, silver, iridium, platinum, osmium, palladium, rhodium, rhenium, tungsten and ruthenium) or used to construct rockets and spacecrafts that will be committed for spatial missions (iron, aluminium, titanium, nickel, manganese, molybdenum and cobalt), to ensure our astronauts' self-sufficiency (oxygen and water) and to be utilized as rocket propellant (hydrogen, oxygen and ammonia). That's what we can call in-situ resource utilization (ISRU) that provides all the required materials and energy for a space mission. That way, thanks to ISRU, we will successfully conduct a manned space mission and reclaim our status as world leaders in space exploration while reducing the mass and cost of space exploration architectures as well as the amount of payload that must be launched from Earth in order to explore a given planetary-body.

By the way, if we want to revive and grow our space program, we also have to abolish government regulations on space commercialization that cost too much, make it harder for American innovators to create jobs and undermined our citizens' and businesses' ability to establish property rights in space, which imposed obstacles to the development of space for commercial development and human habitation as well. But in November 2015, the Spurring Private Aerospace Competitiveness and Entrepreneurship Act of 2015 (SPACE Act of 2015) was signed into law after passing in Congress in order to discourage government barriers to the development in the United States of economically viable, safe, and stable industries for commercial exploration and commercial recovery of spatial resources in manners consistent with the global commitments of America, to recognize the right of U.S. citizens and businesses to own space resources they obtain and to promote the commercial exploration and use of resources exploited on asteroids. This bill is an important gain for our country, for Florida’s space coast and for the whole space exploration community. That's why I supported that bill to help the American space industry to create new jobs and to expand further into space than ever before. I will use this kind leadership as President of the United States.                                          

Thanks to my plan, we will revive our space program, make progress in space exploration, conduct successful manned space missions on the Moon or Mars by 2030, encourage space commercialization through the exploitation of spatial resources and raw materials to accelerate job creation in the United States and to make our space missions more easy to accomplish while limiting the government's role, reducing government spending and saving taxpayers' money. The future is becoming reality and this will be one giant leap not only for America but also for mankind as Neil Armstrong said while becoming the first person to walk on the Moon, fifty years ago.

Thank you!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2016, 12:00:54 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2016, 02:39:18 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : Week of Sept. 29, 2019-Oct. 5, 2019, Part 2

-Speech slamming President Hillary Clinton's foreign policy performance at the New York New York Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada :

In the last few days, President Clinton has demonstrated her arrogance and her inability to assume her responsibilities. In her mind, every time a crisis happened, whether it's an economic decline, a terrorist attack or an international crisis, it's someone else's fault, never hers. Tim Ashe's primary challenge to the President is demonstrating division among the Democratic Party. More Americans are disapproving Hillary Clinton's presidential performance, our economy is weakening, our fellow Americans struggle to find a job and Hillary Clinton lied to the American people about her emails. When Clinton was Secretary of State, our embassy in Benghazi wasn't prepared to repel a terrorist attack and four of our brave diplomats were killed. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton withdrew our troops in Iraq at the wrong time, thus helping ISIS to emerge and impose its terror. ISIS is still on the run, cowardly killing innocent people, Russia keeps invading its neighbours, especially Ukraine, and our allies are trusting us less when it comes to international security. So if there's anyone whose policies are encouraging terrorists, bringing division in this country, weakening our reputation and undermining our national security, it's Hillary Clinton, not us.

Unlike the president, I actually have real solutions : reinforcing our military presence in the Black Sea as well as arming and training the Ukrainian army to stop Russia's agression in Eastern Europe. By training and arming the Syrian rebellion and the Kurds, sending ground troops in Syria and promoting strategic geopolitical alliances, thus forming a great and effective coalition, we will defeat ISIS thanks to our powerful military arsenal, our courageous men and women in uniform and our allies' contribution. Those jihadists will be surrounded, thus forcing them to divide their troops to defend their turf, weakening them, clearing the way for our troops and leading to ISIS' defeat. Terrorist attacks are multiplying in the Middle East, and democracy and freedom are in danger in this region. One of the main reasons why some Muslims are radicalizing and are adhering Islamic terrorism is they are living into poverty and under tyranny and are not given the necessitated opportunities to prosper and succeed. So we got to ensure the development of the Middle East. My plan's goal is to counter jihadism's influence in this region and help the Muslim world to reject radical Islamic terrorism. We have to build houses to give housing for all the people of Middle East, hospitals to give them the health care they need, groceries to give them more access to food and schools to give them the education they need to have a successful life and to make sure Middle East's young people will be able to find economic opportunities and good-paying jobs. We also have to invest in the development of Middle East's resources with private investors to give the Middle East people access to its own resources, especially oil, nuclear and local agricultural products. We need to give local armed forces military training if we want security and liberty to be reinforced in this region. We also have to promote democracy, gender equality and the rule of law there and to expand free-trade with Middle East to make America and it's companies competitive in this region and to ensure job creation not only in America but also in the Middle East. By promoting free trade with Middle East, we can promote democracy and political freedom in that region through globalization, technology innovation and economic liberalization. That way, radicalization will be reduced, security and freedom will be reinforced and the Middle East will be more prosperous than ever before.

When it comes to Iran, restoring sanctions will deprive Tehran of the capitals the Iranian government needs to develop its nuclear program. The military solution is and will be the last option, but it must be kept on the table. In addition, my proposal of creating an intergovernmental military partnership with India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Israel, will increase pressure on Iran and stop Tehran from getting nuclear weapons and threatening our allies. Instead of using nuclear energy to develop nuclear weapons, the Iranian government should use it to ensure Iran's economic growth through electricity production for the good of the Iranian people that is desperately looking for economic opportunities to improve their living conditions.

Since I chaired the Committee on Foreign Relations in the U.S. Senate, I know how diplomacy works. As President, I will use my diplomatic experience to strengthen our relations with our allies and create new alliances. I know when it is time to increase defense spending to reinforce our national security, defend our allies and defeat terrorism as well as tyranny. The time is now.

-Fundraising event at the Mirage Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Speech on immigration and the American Dream at the Sam's Town Hotel in Las Vegas, NV
-Meet with the voters and the donors for a speech at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, NV
-Debate preparation   

September 30th, 2019
-Fundraising breakfast at the Linq Hotel & Casino
-Meet with the voters at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
-Meet with the voters and the donors at the Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, NV
-Speech at the Old Las Vegas Mormon State Historic Park.
-Visit to the Nevada Test Site for a speech about the importance of stopping Iran's nuclear program and North Korean agression as well as preventing nuclear weapons and weapons of mass destruction from falling into the hands of terrorists.
-Barnstorming in Carson City, NV
-Town Hall in Carson City, NV
-Speech about how to save and boost the American automotive industry at the National Automobile Museum in Reno, NV :
The best way to save our automotive industry, a great pillar of our economy, is to fight the terrible effects of this economic depression on the energy industry such as government's intrusion and to increase oil production by doubling the number of oil wells, building more pipelines in this country, approving Keystone XL pipeline and exploring ANWR. That way we will be much more independent from foreign oil than we were ever before. It will allow us to manufacture more cars, to reduce our cars' prices that will be less expensive than Asian cars, to boost purchasing power of the American people and more American cars will be bought and we will have the upper hand in the Trans-Pacific Partnership that I will ratify as President. That's how we will boost our automotive industry.

-Meet with the voters at the University of Nevada, Reno, NV

October 1st, 2019
-Breakfast with voters in Reno, Nevada
-Fundraising event at Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, Nevada
-Town hall in Reno, Nevada
-Marco Rubio's campaign created a television ad similar to Ronald Reagan's 1984 "There is a bear in the woods", that was, at the time, promoting a strong national security against the Soviet Union symbolized by a bear. Rubio's ad titled "A cougar is waiting in the weeds" featured a cougar, comparing this predator to Islamic terrorism, a cyclist riding in cougar's mountainous territory and a park warden. Through the ad's narration, the cyclist, lacking of vigilance, keeps riding while the cougar is preparing to pounce on his prey, but fortunately, a park warden arrives just in time and pulls his rifle on the predator, forcing the mountain lion to step back before fleeing, thus saving the cyclist's life. This commercial's goal is to call on the American people to stay vigilant against the threat posed to the United States by Islamic terrorism (especially ISIS, Al Qaida, the Hezbollah, Boko Haram, etc.) and to promote a strong national defense to eradicate this threat. Rubio's campaign had paid for the ad to run in the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada and the Washington state as well.

"A cougar is waiting in the weeds" avertissement narration :

« In the mountainous deserts of the West, the cougar, one of the greatest most dangerous and deadly predators in America, is waiting in the weeds, just like jihadists are preparing to attack at anytime around the world. On the cougar's territory, we can't afford to lack vigilance just like we can't afford to lower our guard against Islamic terrorism by cutting in the budget defense and military spending. The cougar is preparing to pounce on his next prey, defenceless. But if we increase security on this territory, this threat can be removed, thus saving this cyclist's life, just like we can remove the threat posed to the United States and its allies by Islamic terrorism by increasing defense spending and deploying all the necessary military arsenal to defeat Islamic terrorism, thus saving innocent lives for the sake of democracy, freedom, justice, integrity and security.
I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message. »
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2016, 12:25:30 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2016, 02:05:45 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : Week of Sept. 29, 2019-Oct. 5, 2019, Part 3

-Flight to Seattle, Washington
-Speech about free trade policy at the Port of Seattle, Washington :

Over Hillary Clinton's presidency, there's no single free trade agreement ratified by the United States of America. Hillary Clinton embraced protectionism that did not ever create a single job. Globalization is a great element of the 21st century and created more economic opportunities with competitive wages and worker benefits. If Hillary Clinton doesn't believe this, then it demonstrates that she's disconnected from reality. In this time of crisis and recession, free trade is clearly needed in order to make our country competitive again, to create new American jobs and make sure America remains the greatest economic power of the world. With energy independence, our cars will be less expensive than Asian cars, which represents an advantage for us in the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) because it will incite consumers in the Pacific to buy more American cars, thus increasing their purchasing power and favor our automotive industry and create more American jobs. Even if India is not a member of TPP, Florida’s $1 billion annual exports to India represent a reason why trade ties with India’s and Asia's large and growing markets matter to Americans. The more we export, the more consumers we get in the world, the more our companies can ensure their expansion and the more jobs we can create. That's why I take the pledge to ratify the Trans-Pacific Partnership if I become President.

Free trade will boost free enterprise, which is the strength of our economy. It will also give international consumers a greater access to American products, which will be good for our economy. America's ability to compete and innovate derives from its open markets and from the continual search for new markets through the expansion of free trade. Silicon Valley, which is bordering the Pacific Ocean and has a social and business ethos that supports innovation and entrepreneurship, represents a great example of this desire for innovation. Goods and services crossing borders favor new ideas and models and allow our producers to learn about the market through the failure and success of traded products. While learning more, they will be able to innovate in order to remain competitive. With its globalization effects, free trade will promote and reinforce democracy on the Pacific just as it happened in Indonesia in the 1990s. China vows to surpass us as the first economic power in the world. China is lead by an oppressive communist government that does not embrace free enterprise and restricts freedom of the Chinese people. Beijing is also disputing insular territories in the Pacific and shows it's incredible military power in order to threat it's opponents in the region. That's why we'll be a better commercial partner than China for our allies in the Pacific : we embrace free enterprise, which ensures economic prosperity and less government in the economy's handle. We fight for liberty, for security in the Pacific Ocean and for territorial integrity in this region.

Latin America represents an opportunity that we should not miss : we have great relations with Latin America, a dynamic region with language opportunities and whose economy is as big as China's. So if we ratify free trade with Latin America, we will counterbalance China's trading power. Free trade will not only create jobs in our country, but also ensure the expansion of American businesses here and across the world and make our diplomatic relations stronger across the world. It requires a reduction of tariffs to make exportations and importations less expansive for the good of our economy, our companies and our jobs.

October 2nd, 2019
-Fundraising breakfast with the voters and the donors at the Starbucks Center in Seattle, Washington

-Foreign policy speech in reaction to recent military exercises conducted by North Korean military forces near border with South Korea and unveiling Marco Rubio's plan to ensure peace, stability and security on the Pacific Ocean - Museum of Flight, Seattle, Washington :

Almost eighty years ago, during World War II, the Washington state played a major role for our forces' readiness for the Pacific War, especially when it comes to the manufacturing of ships and warplanes for the war effort. But now, we are facing new challenges on the Pacific Ocean : North Korea keeps developing its nuclear program and is multiplying provocations on the Pacific by threatening our regional allies militarily. Recently, Pyongyang increased missile tests and conducted military exercises near the Korean Demilitarized Zone, violating Korean Armistice Agreement (ratified at the end of the Korean War in 1953) once again and weakening stability in the Korean peninsula. That's why we must put North Korea back on the list of states supporting terrorism. Kim Jong-un's regime is much more dangerous than ever before. If we don't take action on it, we risk witnessing the beginning of a devastating nuclear war.

China is lead by an oppressive communist government that does not embrace free enterprise and restricts freedom of the Chinese people. Beijing is also disputing insular territories in the Pacific and shows it's military power in order to threat it's opponents in the region, violating South China Sea's territorial integrity. We need to increase military exercises with our allies in the region if we want to prevent such a crisis and make our partners more able to prevent any Chinese offensive.

Abu Sayyaf is a threat that must be exterminated. This Filipino terrorist group that swore allegiance to ISIS is killing innocent Christians, holding tourists hostage to fund their terrorist activities, put in danger our local economic and political interests and is trying to rip apart one of our most strategic geopolitical allies on the South China Sea : the Philippines. Abu Sayyaf is bringing instability on the Pacific Ocean and if we don't destroy it, this terrorist organization could use the Philippines as a springboard to commit terrorist attacks against us and our allies.

I propose that we create around the Pacific Ocean an intergovernmental military alliance similar to NATO, but including the United States and all their allies around the Pacific (like Canada, Mexico, Peru, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Philippines, South Korea, Japan, etc.) to prevent any North Korean aggression, to take down any North Korean missile thrown against us or our allies and to reinforce security on the Pacific Ocean. Thanks to such an intergovernmental military association, we can avoid any war with North Korea and restore peace, security and stability on the Pacific while increasing pressure on Pyongyang and we'll be able to ensure South China's Sea territorial integrity and expand freedom in this region by reinforcing our military presence there in order to make sure our local allies will be able to discourage China from attacking and invading our partners. The U.S. Navy and our allies will bomb djihadists fighting for Abu Sayyaf and our warplanes from our aircraft carriers will locate targets and destroy them, thus helping the Filipino government to eradicate Abu Sayyaf and restore security and peace on its territory. This is peace through strength. The Pacific Ocean will be aptly named. God bless our men and women in uniform, God bless our allies and God bless the United States of America. Thank you everybody!

-Immigration policy speech at the Seattle Asian Art Museum in Seattle, WA
-Town Hall in Bellevue, WA
-Economic policy speech at the Microsoft campus in Redmond, WA
-Flight to Des Moines, Iowa

October 3rd, 2019
-Rally in Des Moines, IA
-Meet with the voters at Dowling Catholic High School in Des Moines, IA
-Touts economic policy and agriculture policy in speech at Iowa Farm Equipment in Tipton, IA
-Speech on law and order and gun control in front of the U.S. Courthouse in Davenport, IA
-Speech on economic and education policy and faith at the St. Ambrose University in Davenport, IA
-Door knocking in Dubuque, IA   
-Fundraiser event at John Deere Dubuque Works in Dubuque, IA
-Debate preparation

October 4th, 2019
-Flight to Nashua, New Hampshire
-Dinner with voters at Bonhoeffer's Cafe and Espresso in Nashua, NH
-Town Hall in Nashua, NH
-Economic policy at the Stonyfield Farm in Londonderry, NH
-Foreign policy speech about the importance of a stronger counter-Islamic terrorism policy at home and abroad.
-Speech at the Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce in Concord, NH
-Debate preparation
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2016, 08:46:11 AM »

I have 2 questions :

You can do that, if you're willing to risk a scandal if the information leaks.

O.K., so I better not.

Does the current week include October 5 or only until October 4, 2019?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies