Election 2020: The Game! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:54:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election 2020: The Game! (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Author Topic: Election 2020: The Game!  (Read 79597 times)
R/H
« on: August 08, 2016, 06:57:57 PM »
« edited: August 08, 2016, 07:00:30 PM by R/H »

I heard that this game's moderator has less time than usual to moderate this game and that this timeline is declining. But can I take over the moderation of this game in order to relaunch this timeline?
R/H
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 07:23:16 PM »

If ya want me to lock the thread, let me know.

I heard that this game's moderator has less time than usual to moderate this game and that this timeline is declining. But can I take over the moderation of this game in order to relaunch this timeline? If you accept, please explain me the rules and the background.
R/H
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 07:54:51 PM »

If ya want me to lock the thread, let me know.

I heard that this game's moderator has less time than usual to moderate this game and that this timeline is declining. But can I take over the moderation of this game in order to relaunch this timeline? If you accept, please explain me the rules and the background.

The rules are explained in the OP and throughout the thread, if you have any questions you can let me know.

If you have the time to moderate the game effectively, though, I'm more than happy to hand it off.

Perfect! I'm ready to take over the moderation. Can we make the announcement?
R/H
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 08:36:23 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2016, 08:40:19 PM by R/H »

Hello guys! I'm taking over the moderation of the game. Here are the DKrol's rules

-Each round will cover one week IG
- Each round will last 72 hours, but if you ask me to extend the deadline for a round, let me know
- Each round will start with an updated poll summary and a list of the upcoming electoral contests
- Periodically, News events will be introduced to elicit responses from the players that will impact the race
- Players are encourage to post, for each round, a schedule for the week. It can be as in-depth as an hourly itinerary for the candidate, or it can be as general as a summary of the entire week
- Players should PM me, the Game Moderator, for endorsements. The PM should contain the name of the person you'd like to be endorsed by, the most recent office or position they've held, and a brief reason why they would endorse you (Ie: George H.W. Bush, former President, should endorse George W. Bush because he is his son.)
- Advertisements will be accepted, if you want to make them, but they're not 100% required
- All events have in this TL have occurred as they did in OTL
- Independent/Third Party candidates will be accepted, but be warned that they will have to work very hard to make a national impression

If you have suggestions of News events, PM me.

The debate schedule remains the same, though there might be more after the Iowa caucuses.

In the coming week that will be covered in this game, remember that there will be a Republican presidential debate featuring Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, Joni Ernst, James Comey, Cory Gardner, John Kasich and Tom Cotton in Dallas on October 8, 2019. Here's the procedure for the debates : I will post the questions and you will have to post your responses to the questions. When it comes to the attacks from your opponents (that they will post as well), it will be the same procedure, which is you post your responses to the attacks. If you have suggestions of questions for the debates, please PM me.
R/H
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 10:12:33 PM »

By the way the the 4th round starts tomorrow with News events and endorsements. Then you can post your schedules before the beginning of Republican debate in Dallas.
R/H
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 06:08:09 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2016, 10:34:53 AM by R/H »

BREAKING NEWS

Terrorist attack by ISIS in Rome

Three Libyan jihadists who pledged allegiance to ISIS have commited a terrorist attack at the Sapienza University of Rome, killing approximately 28 people and injured 40 people before being surrounded and killed by the police. These events triggered strong feeling of solidarity feelings the world and many solidarity campaigns are adopting the slogan « We are Rome! ». This terrorist attack sounds likely to intensify the fight against terrorism.

Rise of the unemployment rate

The actual economic troubles seem to show their effect on the worldwide economy. In the United States, the unemployment rate raised to 7,7 % due to the loss of 350 000 jobs in the last month.

Hostage-taking by Hezbollah at the Karachi Nuclear Power Complex

Karachi, the capital of Pakistan, became the scene of a violent hostage-taking by ten Hezbollah fighters. They held the employers of the Karachi Nuclear Power Complex the employers hostage. They apparently wanted their hostages to deliver them the secrets and techniques of Pakistani's nuclear weapons manufacturing. Fortunately, the Pakistani police and army arrived, surrounded the Karachi Nuclear Power Complex and launched an assault in which four hostages, three policemen, two soldiers and all the ten jihadists were killed. One policeman and two soldiers are injured and all the other hostages were saved. Some people are suspecting that this event is relied to Iran's nuclear program.

Endorsements

Marco Rubio Sad New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu, Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush
R/H
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 07:22:51 AM »

Can I join as independent Senator Angus King

Yes
R/H
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 03:36:19 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2016, 09:57:22 AM by R/H »

Republican Presidential Debate in Dallas on October 8, 2019

Participatants : Florida Senator Marco Rubio, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, Iowa Senator Joni Ernst, Former FBI Director James Comey, Colorado Senator Cory Gardner, Ohio Senator John Kasich and Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton

Moderated by Anderson Cooper and CNN

Debate music theme : CNN America's Choice

United States' National Anthem

Opening statements of each Republican presidential candidate

Questions to the candidates :

• What's your plan to get us energy independence?
  • What's your plan to get business growing again?
  • Senator Rubio, you said recently that abortion is not only killing unborn children but is also bad for the economy. What do you mean?
  • Senator Ernst, you said recently that Black Lives Matter should be considered as terrorist. Can you tell the audience why considering this movement as terrorist will not affect negatively the Republican Party's chances of wooing African-American voters?
  • Should Hillary Clinton be impeached if the Congress were to decide to initiate such a procedure?
  • What would be the conditions to a military intervention in Iran?
  • Recently, North Korea made military exercises near the demilitarized zone between the two Koreas. What is your plan to maintain peace on the Pacific and avoid any war with North Korea?
  • Three years ago, the Republican Party made one of it's worst electoral performances in it's history. What are the lessons that your party should learn from 2016 in order to correct the mistakes of 2016 and then win in 2020?

R/H
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 08:43:19 PM »

Now begins the fifth round!
R/H
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 09:39:02 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2016, 08:33:01 PM by R/H »

New polls

As Tim Ashe gets closer and closer to Hillary Clinton in the Democratic Primary polls, Marco Rubio is now the leader in the Republican Primary polls. Rubio's success is due to his strong debate performance in Dallas. Many Republican voters looking for a candidate with clear foreign policy experience orientate toward Rubio in a time in which Islamic terrorism threat persists due to terrorist attacks in Rome and in which Iran's nuclear threat emerges again due to the recent events in Pakistan. Thanks to Governor Chris Sununu's support, Rubio increased his lead in New Hampshire. Rarely present on the campaign trail during the previous week, Paul Ryan fell by two percentage points in the national polls. Joni Ernst re-emerged by a few points in the polls partly due to recent international events mentioned above. Because of his lack of political experience and his poor debate performance, James Comey's surge stopped and the former FBI director starts going down in the polls. Cory Gardner and John Kasich didn't really move in the polls. Due to events in Pakistan, Tom Cotton increased his poll standing by only one point, which will not be enough to change the course of this campaign in his favor.

National Polls
Hillary Clinton : 50 %
Tim Ashe : 36 %

Marco Rubio : 22 %
Paul Ryan : 18 %
Joni Ernst : 15 %
James Comey : 11 %
Cory Gardner : 8 %
John Kasich : 7 %
Tom Cotton : 2 %

Iowa Polls
Hillary Clinton : 47 %
Tim Ashe : 38 %

Joni Ernst : 24 %
Paul Ryan : 15 %
Marco Rubio : 13 %
James Comey : 12 %
Cory Gardner : 6 %
John Kasich : 4 %

New Hampshire Polls
Tim Ashe : 47 %
Hillary Clinton : 42 %

Marco Rubio : 27 %
Paul Ryan : 15 %
John Kasich : 14 %
Joni Ernst : 11 %
Cory Gardner : 10 %
Tom Cotton : 1 %

South Carolina Polls
Hillary Clinton : 65 %
Tim Ashe : 23 %

Marco Rubio : 22 %
Paul Ryan : 17 %
Joni Ernst : 13 %
Cory Gardner : 9 %

Nevada Polls
Hillary Clinton : 54 %
Tim Ashe : 32 %

Marco Rubio : 28 %
Paul Ryan : 14 %
Cory Gardner : 12 %
Joni Ernst : 7 %
Tom Cotton : 1 %

Tennessee Polls
Hillary Clinton : 58 %
Tim Ashe : 28 %

Marco Rubio : 20 %
Paul Ryan : 20 %
Joni Ernst : 14 %
James Comey : 13 %
Cory Gardner : 8 %
John Kasich : 5 %

SENATOR MARCO RUBIO WINS THE DEBATE

Florida Senator Marco Rubio triumphed during the Republican debate in Dallas. Many alysts judged that he gave the strongest responses and arguments when it comes, particularly, to how to deal with America's geopolitical foes, to economic issues, to the American Dream and abortion. In addition, his remarks about how to create economic opportunities for the Hispanic community received great applause.

R/H
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 08:01:03 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2016, 06:28:56 AM by R/H »

BREAKING NEWS

Russian airstrikes against the Ukrainian army in Donetsk

Russian air forces led air strikes against Ukrainian armed forces that were leading a military offensive against the pro-Russian rebellion in Donetsk. Approximately 76 Ukrainian soldiers were killed by these attacks led by Russian air forces. The United States and their Western allies condemned these raids and decided to increase diplomatic and economic sanctions against Moscow.

Russia tried to kill Albey Ahmed Berri, leader of the Free Syrian Army

In an attempt to support it's ally Bachar al-Assad in order to defend Russia's economic interests in Syria, the Russian armed forces launched airstrikes in Aleppo to kill Albey Ahmed Berri, leader of the Free Syrian Army. But Berri survived and blamed, alongside the United States and their allies, Russia for it's military support to Assad and for focusing on destroying the Syrian rebellion rather than ISIS.

Endorsements

Marco Rubio : South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, Former Chairman of the New Hampshire Republican Party John H. Sununu

R/H
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 09:26:06 PM »

The fifth turn is over. Now begins the sixth one. The polls, the news and the endorsements will be ready tommorow.
R/H
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 07:28:13 AM »

New polls

After John Kasich and Joni Ernst dropped out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination, the polls' tendency dramatically changed. Kasich's and Ernst's withdrawals reinforced Marco Rubio and Paul Ryan as the two main contenders for the nomination after they managed to seduce a great part of Ernst's and Kasich's former supporters. Now that the Iowa Senator is out of the race and focuses on her re-election campaign to the Senate, the Iowa caucuses just become more competitive : Ryan  narrowly leads Rubio by only one percentage point. Due to the Ohio Senator's withdrawal and to John H. Sununu's endorsement, Rubio reinforced his lead in New Hampshire. Thanks to Senator Lindsey Graham's endorsement, the Florida Senator also increased his favorite status in South Carolina. In part because of Ernst's withdrawal, Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton increased his standing in national polls by four points. But the question is will he be able to catch his rivals and become a top-tier candidate.

National Polls
Hillary Clinton : 52 %
Tim Ashe : 34 %

Marco Rubio : 30 %
Paul Ryan : 24 %
James Comey : 14 %
Tom Cotton : 6 %

Iowa Polls
Hillary Clinton : 48 %
Tim Ashe : 37 %

Paul Ryan : 22 %
Marco Rubio : 21 %
James Comey : 17 %
Cory Gardner : 13%
Tom Cotton : 8 %

New Hampshire Polls
Tim Ashe : 46 %
Hillary Clinton : 40 %

Marco Rubio : 34 %
Paul Ryan : 21 %
Cory Gardner : 14 %
Tom Cotton : 4 %

South Carolina Polls
Hillary Clinton : 66 %

Marco Rubio : 31 %
Paul Ryan : 23 %

Nevada Polls
Hillary Clinton : 55 %
Tim Ashe : 35 %

Marco Rubio : 33 %
Paul Ryan : 18 %
Cory Gardner : 15 %
Tom Cotton : 3 %

Tennessee Polls
Hillary Clinton : 59 %
Tim Ashe : 27 %

Marco Rubio : 27 %
Paul Ryan : 26 %
James Comey : 16 %
Tom Cotton : 7 %
R/H
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2016, 09:02:17 AM »

BREAKING NEWS

Matter of security in Japan

Due to recent North Korean military exercises at the Korean demilitarized zone, the Japanese people is divided on whether Japan should revise the ninth amendment of its constitution signed at the end of World War II and arm itself against North Korea's agression in order to ensure Japan's security. According to a new poll, 46 % of the Japanese favor this idea while 49 % oppose and 5 % are still undecided.

Justin Trudeau re-elected Prime Minster of Canada but with a minority government

On October 21st, Canadian voters went to the polls in a context of growing terrorist threat and economic decline due to rising debt, to oil industry's decline, to a protectionist tendency and to the weakening worldwide economic situation. The Liberal Party won the election with 149 seats, followed by the Conservative Party led by Peter MacKay who won 126 seats, by the New Democratic Party led by Alexandre Boulerice who won 45 seats, by the Bloc Québécois led by Xavier Barsalou-Duval who won 15 seats and by the Green Party led by Elizabeth May who won 3 seats.

Endorsements

Marco Rubio Sad Former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, Arizona Senator and 2008 Republican presidential nominee John McCain
R/H
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2016, 07:50:18 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2016, 08:04:18 AM by R/H »

The next turn will begin tonight but in order to let you more time to post your schedules and because I will be in vacation trip until August 23, this turn will last 96 hours. See you soon!
R/H
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 07:57:40 AM »

New polls

National Polls
Hillary Clinton : 51 %

Marco Rubio : 37 %
Paul Ryan : 29 %
Tom Cotton : 9 %
Undecided : 9 %

Iowa Polls
Hillary Clinton : 49 %

Marco Rubio : 26 %
James Comey : 18 %
Tom Cotton : 10 %

New Hampshire Polls
Tim Ashe : 44 %
Hillary Clinton : 41 %

Marco Rubio : 36 %
James Comey : 15 %

South Carolina Polls
Hillary Clinton : 67 %
Tim Ashe : 24 %

Marco Rubio : 36 %
Paul Ryan : 25 %

Nevada Polls
Hillary Clinton : 53 %

Marco Rubio : 38 %
Tom Cotton : 5 %

Tennessee Polls
Hillary Clinton : 60 %
Tim Ashe : 29 %

Marco Rubio : 29 %
Paul Ryan : 27 %
Tom Cotton : 9 %
R/H
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 08:01:18 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2016, 06:59:16 PM by R/H »

BREAKING NEWS

Assasination attempt in Berlin

German Chancellor Angela Merkel survived an assassination attempt in Berlin. The suspect is arrested by the Berlin police and is apparently a member of ISIS who tried to assassinate Merkel in order to sanction Germany for its contribution to the fight against terrorism.
R/H
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 10:03:48 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2016, 10:07:16 PM by R/H »

New polls

On the Democratic side, many Hillary Clinton's supporters used the recent international events to demonstrate Tim Ashe's lack of foreign policy experience, which sounds to have helped her in the polls. On the Republican side, Marco Rubio maintains his lead. With Joni Ernst out of the race, Rubio understood that winning the Iowa caucuses is now possible so he campaigned hardly in Iowa, which boosted him in the Iowa polls. Rubio's success in Iowa is also due to his agriculture plan. But Paul Ryan can still count on Wisconsin's neighbourhood with Iowa to win this state's caucuses.

National Polls
Hillary Clinton : 53 %
Tim Ashe : 34 %

Marco Rubio : 35 %
Paul Ryan : 28 %
Tom Cotton : 11 %

Iowa Polls
Hillary Clinton : 50 %

Marco Rubio : 28 %
Tom Cotton : 13 %

New Hampshire Polls
Tim Ashe : 42 %
Hillary Clinton : 42 %

Marco Rubio : 35 %

South Carolina Polls
Hillary Clinton : 69 %

Tom Cotton : 11 %

Nevada Polls
Hillary Clinton : 52 %
Tim Ashe : 39 %

Paul Ryan : 20 %

Tennessee Polls
Hillary Clinton : 62 %
Tim Ashe : 29 %

Marco Rubio : 31 %
Paul Ryan : 28 %
R/H
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 10:05:20 PM »

I'm back. Now begins the seventh round and we come back to the 72-hour lasting for every round.
R/H
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2016, 09:24:59 AM »

BREAKING NEWS

A terrorist attack by Boko Haram could hurt the worldwide economy

Yesterday, 200 Boko Haram fighters took control of an oil refinery in the Imo State, in Nigeria. Their apparent goal is to fund their terrorist activities through oil traffic. The Nigerian government is preparing a military operation which goal is to take back this oil refinery. But that's a matter of time : the terrorist control on this refinery and their funding through oil traffic could not only boost their terrorist activities and weaken Nigeria's national security but also hurt the economy of Nigeria, one of the greatest oil producers in the world. It could also hurt the worldwide economy by a potential increase of oil prices. That's why this refinery must be taken back as soon as possible.

Growing diplomatic tensions between Taiwan and China

In the last few days, diplomatic tensions grew between China and Taiwan due, first, to territorial disputes in the Paracel Islands for their abundant oil and gas ressources. Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen's intention to sign TPP with the United States and the other potential members of this proposed free-trade agreement outraged the Chineese government who accused Washington of seeking to orchestrate a trade war on the Pacific Ocean. Finally, according to a Taiwanese poll, support for Taiwan's independence has grown to clinch 75 % of this island's population against 23 % opposed and 2 % undecided. Once more, Beijing raised the threat to invade Taiwan if it ever declares independence. So President Ing-wen decided to boost defense industry by giving it tax credits in order to allow this industry to innovate, boost and modernize it's navy. International leaders fear the emergence of a total war between Taiwan and China.
R/H
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 02:13:22 PM »

Endorsements

Marco Rubio Sad Former Kansas Governor Sam Brownback, U.S. Representative from Wyoming Liz Cheney (daughter of former Vice-President of the United States Dick Cheney)
R/H
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2016, 03:20:51 PM »

ROUND 8, FIGHT!
R/H
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2016, 03:27:17 PM »

Branden Cordeiro, the guy who plays Paul Ryan, has not been active since the end of July. Could you find anyone else interested of taking Branden's place for the role?
R/H
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2016, 04:04:10 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2016, 04:37:51 PM by R/H »

New polls

On the Democratic side, after Angus King selected Tim Ashe as his running mate, President  Hillary Clinton is now running unopposed even though a part of the Democratic base is less enthusiastic about supporting her than it was in 2016. So there's no more real necessity to post any Democratic primary poll unless you absolutely want.

On the Republican side, polls demonstrated that Senator Marco Rubio is now considered as the frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination with 10 percentage points ahead of Speaker of the House Paul Ryan who is polling second. In addition, in this time of deep division of the Democratic Party, Rubio's message to bring Republican, Democratic and Independent voters together towards a bipartisan element of his agenda reinforced the potential that the Florida Senator has the best chance of beating Hillary Clinton. Tom Cotton made progress as well in the polls and even narrowly tops James Comey for the third place in South Carolina.

Now all Republican presidential candidates are preparing for the second presidential primary debate that will be held in Cleveland State University in Cleveland, Ohio, and will be moderated by Fox News, Chris Wallace and Megyn Kelly and Bret Baier.

National Polls

Iowa Polls

Marco Rubio : 29 %
Paul Ryan : 26 %
Tom Cotton : 14 %

New Hampshire Polls

Tom Cotton : 5 %

South Carolina Polls

Marco Rubio : 38 %
Tom Cotton : 12 %

Nevada Polls

Marco Rubio : 39 %
Paul Ryan : 21 %
Tom Cotton : 8 %

Tennessee Polls

Marco Rubio : 32 %
Tom Cotton : 12 %
R/H
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2016, 04:29:09 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2016, 04:33:53 PM by R/H »

BREAKING NEWS

The Nigerian Army takes back the occupied oil refinery from Boko Haram

The Nigerian Army led a successful military offensive in the Imo State to take back the oil refinery taken last week by Boko Haram. 152 jihadists were killed while 31 other were wounded and 17 other surrendered. On the Nigerian armed forces' side, 19 soldiers were killed while 10 others were wounded.

Increase of oil prices

Due, partly, to the Nigerian oil refinery occupation by Boko Haram in the Imo State and to the use of oil trafficking by terrorists to fund their terrorist activities, worldwide oil prices raised from 56 $ to 75 $ per barrel, which is hurting the worldwide economy as worldwide consumers' purchasing power.

Endorsements

Marco Rubio Sad Former Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman, Former Alaska Governor and 2008 Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies