Election 2020: The Game! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:43:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election 2020: The Game! (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Election 2020: The Game!  (Read 79613 times)
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« on: October 17, 2016, 12:33:15 PM »

Can I throw my hat into the ring for the Republican Nomination as Ron Paul
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 01:17:29 PM »

I'd prefer to run as a republican and give Rubio a late run for his money. If I lose the nomination then I'll consider going a 3rd party ticket. I'd also appreciate it if we could have one final republican debate. Thank you. If you're good with this tell me an I'll make an announcement speech
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 04:59:19 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2016, 05:03:01 PM by WashLibertarian »

Ron Paul 2020

Presidential Announcement Speech

Thank you citizens of Dallas and the press for holding this wonderful event. I am here today to announce my candidacy for the republican nomination for president of the United States and I would like to talk about my plan today. Over the past, century our government has grown to a staggering size, our national debt is soon to surpass 20 trillion dollars, and we continue to manage a foreign policy that is based on warmongering and interventionism. The Republican Party has not offered an alternative to our struggles, the candidates in our primary have proposed more government, more spending, and have promised to intervene and start wars around the world. these policies are no different to the policies of Hillary Clinton. That's why I felt the necessity to run for this office to save the Republican Party. That is why my platform is a different one that emphasizes economic freedom and personal liberty. Which also calls for a new foreign policy based on peace and diplomacy, not needless wars. We have not nominated a conservative for the Republican Party since Ronald Reagan and this year I'd like to change that. The America we desire does exist it can be one, we just need to find the courage to fight for it thank you, and God bless.  
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 09:55:53 PM »

Ron Paul 2020[/u]
Taking Over The Government to Leave You Alone

Schedule March 8-14, 2020

March 8th 2020
-Fly to California
-Rally in San Diego
-Fox News interview
-Rally in Riverside
-Economic Speech in Los Angeles
Excerpt:
Today I am proud to announce my 5 point economic plan which details the following. A 12.5% flat tax rate exempting your first 50,000, Redeucibg government regulation by implementing the Stossel Rule(for every new regulation you must get rid of 5 old ones), a balanced budget a massive spending cut implanted through the penny plan and a major foreign policy reversal, the ending of the federal reserve, and eliminating the minimum wage

March 9, 2020
-Rally in San Francisco
-Meet the Press interview
-Hardball with Chris Matthews
-Rally in San Jose
-Debate Prep.

March 10, 2020
-Fly to Virginia
-Rally in Langley
-Rally in Richmond
-Rally in Norfolk
-Rally in Roanoke
-Debate Prep on the plane

March 11, 2020
-Fly to New York
-Debate Prep on the plane
-Twitter Q&A on plane
-Rally in New York City
-Rally in Albany

March 12, 2020
-Fly to Michigan
-Foreign Policy Address to press on plane
Excerpt:Another area in which the United States can start to change policy to decrease terrorism is in foreign policy. Ever since World War 2 the United States has been on the quest for empire. Invading and occupying everywhere from Vietnam to Iraq, and all without a declaration of war mandated by the Constitution. Our military actions in the Middle East have created what the CIA calls Blowback. The concept of Blowback is that when the United States takes action in the middle east, whether it be bombs or nation building, that there is an unintended consequence that occurs. A prominent example of this is our nation building in Iran for the latter part of the 20th century. In 1953 the United States installed the Shah in Iran; the Shah, which is the name of the ruler, was very unpopular among the Iranian people. So in response to that, the people of Iran invaded our embassy in 1979 and took hostages. This infamous event became known as the Iranian Hostage Crisis, which is directly related to our nation building. Another example of Blowback is the 9-11 attacks on the United States. If you ever read the writings of Bin Laden and the reasons they attacked us, it was abundantly clear it was because we were over there. We built a military base in Saudi Arabia, which that certain faction of Islam believed to be the holy land. In retaliation for our military base and constant bombing of the middle east, they hijacked 2 planes and flew them into the Twin Towers. I would make the case that if we are serious about fighting terrorism we have to look at our foreign policy.

-Rally in Detroit
-Rally in Flint
-Rally in Grand Rapids

March 13, 2020
-Fly to Illinois
-Debate Prep
-Rally In Northside of Chicago
-Rally in Southside of Chicago
-Rally in Rockford

March 14, 2020
-Fly to Ohio
-Debate Prep on Periscope with Twitter Q&A
-Rally in Cleveland
-Rally at Ohio State University
-Rest and leisure  
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 09:16:37 PM »

Ron Paul's Debate Responses[/u][/b]

Opening statement: good evening, my name is Ron Paul I am a former congressman from Texas. I am the champion of the constitution and the defender of liberty. I got into this race to save conservatism. Ever since Ronald Reagan left the white house we have not nominated a conservative. I plan to change that. Conservatism means consistently small government, not small government until I disagree with your personal choices. It means spending cuts across the board, not spending cuts on domestic issues but when it comes to wars and overseas spending then spare no expense. And finally conservatism means having a government that leaves you alone not a government that invades your privacy and stomps on your civil liberties. If you nominate me I will save conservatism and I promise to cut taxes across the board, to shrink government, and to expand liberty for all Americans.

-Congressman Paul, four years ago, Hillary Clinton suffered a pneumonia during the 2016 presidential campaign and is now sharing the status of oldest President in the history of the United States with Ronald Reagan. And this year, Angus King, former Independent nominee, died at 76 years old due to health problems. So I want you to respond to the following question : do you have worries about your health in the case you would be elected President?

Answer: No Wolf I don’t, but I’d like to address Senator Rubio’s jab at my health. Senator Rubio claims to be the heir to Ronald Reagan's legacy he has said it the entire campaign, he even stole one of Reagan’s quotes to attack me. Senator Rubio I knew Ronald Reagan, Ronald Reagan was a friend of mine. Senator Rubio you’re no Ronald Reagan. On the issue of my health, I go for bike rides every weekend and my wife, Carol, makes good healthy meals for me. if you also remember in 2012 I was the only congressman to hit a homerun over the fence in history. Speaker Ryan may have been on Men's Health and Senator Rubio brags about his hands but neither of them have hit one over the fence and they are 30 years younger than me!

(Rubio’s Answer)

(Ryan’s Answer)

-When he entered this race, Congressman Paul said that the Republican Party has not nominated a conservative since Ronald Reagan. So I want to you to tell the audience here or people watching this debate online : why are you the most conservative candidate on this stage?

Answer: I have voted against more government spending that Senator Rubio and Speaker Ryan combined. I have voted against every tax increase and every bill that infringes on the bill of rights. I have advocated for a foreign policy that saves american lives and american dollars. I have fought against crony trade deals that don’t represent free trade. Real free trade is abolishing tariffs and allowing for foreign and american goods compete giving us low prices and high quality. I have advocated for ending the federal reserve which is destroying the middle class. I am the only one on this stage who has stood on principle and has never caved to political pressure or the special interests.

-Senator Rubio, the Senate recently voted in favor of your co-sponsored Syria Arms Nonproliferation Act. How will it be effective when it comes to deter foreign arms transfers to the Assad regime and make our fight against ISIS and potentially against the Assad regime successful?

(Rubio’s answer)

-Speaker Ryan, in 2015, Senator Rand Paul, Ron Paul's son, called your budget an Omnibus Spending Bill. How do you respond that?

(Ryan’s Answer)

Answer: Yes my son Rand is right. The spending bill was probably the worst bill passed or even proposed this past year. This is something that really frustrates me about you Speaker Ryan. My son proposed a budget that balanced in less than 4 years yet you decided to cave on principle and team up with the democrats and president obama and now president clinton. The 2o trillion debt is a result of you and members of congress refusing to take a stand. What you should have done is you should have taken Rand’s budget and sent it to the President's desk and force him to veto it. After he vetoes it you take it directly to the people and say “look the president is now clearly responsible for the debt and has done nothing to stop it” after that the people would be calling for the heads of everyone who voted for it and for the president. Whoever the nominee of your party would be, he would win by a landslide but instead you passed a bill that dumps the blame on the Republicans and on you. You should be ashamed of yourself. I would ask you for an apology to the American people for your role in our now 20 trillion dollar debt.

-Congressman Paul, you supported Ronald Reagan's candidacy in in 1976 and 1980. Yet in 2008, you didn't support John McCain as the Republican presidential nominee and you didn't supported Mitt Romney in 2012. You would, of course, have endorsed your son Rand Paul if he won the nomination in 2016 and in this same year you said that you would have endorsed Donald Trump if he supported free market but you didn't because he didn't believe in free market. So I want to ask you the following question : this year in 2020, if you were to lose this race, do you take the pledge of supporting the eventual Republican presidential nominee?

Answer: I will endorse the nominee if they pledge to support economic freedom, personal liberty, and a foreign policy of peace and diplomacy not endless war. If they don’t support these values then I will not. Senator Rubio scares me. His foreign policy is Obama’s and Clinton’s on steroids, he recommends more wars and more spending that will bankrupt this country. He supports unconstitutional spying on Americans and this really concerns me. If Senator Rubio cared about being a conservative he wouldn’t support a foreign policy of endless war and the eternal occupation of the middle east. Maybe we ought to consider a Golden Rule in foreign policy: Don't do to other nations what we don't want happening to us. We endlessly bomb these countries and then we wonder why they get upset with us?I won’t have any part in the poisoning of conservatism and my seal of approval on this perversion of conservatism would seal the grave. So no, i won’t make the pledge.

-China once adopted the one-child policy before increasing the limit number of children per family at two. These policies have been criticized for violating a human right of determining the size of one's own family. Do you believe it would be a reason why abortion should not be tolerated in the United States?

Answer: I believe that people should be able to live there lives the way the want as long as they don’t hurt anyone or damage their property. Abortion is murder. It really is as simple as that, ending the life of a child is not an acceptable consequence for you making bad sexual decisions. I believe in an exception in the cases of rape or when the mother's life is threatened. This is something that really sickens me about the left of this country. Not only do they support regular abortion they also support partial birth abortion where the baby can be halfway out of the womb and the mother can still decide that she doesn’t want it and the doctor smashes in the skull of the child and vacuums out its brain. Abortion is one of the reasons that I am so proud to be a conservative.

-A few months ago, there are concerns about nuclear energy's security in Pakistan since some terrorist groups like Al Qaïda, the Taliban, the Hezbollah, ISIS, etc. could use this nuclear energy to build nuclear weapons and use them against us and our allies. One of the main natural resources in Niger is uranium, a basic element into the manufacturing of nuclear weapons, and this country is in the throes of terrorism due to Boko Haram's terrorist attacks. Do you believe Boko Haram could use this uranium in Niger to build nuclear weapons in order to prepare terrorist nuclear attacks?

Answer: Not in the foreseeable future, I have faith in our intelligence capabilities to keep us informed and up to date on this threat. We need to be cautious when it comes to this situation. Many member of our party and the Democratic party will call for us to invade and take out this terrorist threat. I think that's the wrong course of action, do we really want to start another war overseas? We have been intervening in the middle east for the last 20 years and it’s created this terrorist threat we have to reject this policy and we have to understand that our interventions are directly related to terrorism and make things worse and not better. I say no more Americans have to die overseas and no more dollar bills spent on this empire around the world, it’s time to quit this!
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 10:35:20 PM »

Ron Paul Schedule March 15-21[/u][/b]

March 15, 2020
-Fly to Louisville
-Twitter Q&A on Plane
-Rally In Louisville with Rand Paul
-Meet with college voters at University of Louisville
-Foreign Policy Speech at University Of Louisville
Excerpt: I have a few questions for my colleagues.
What if our foreign policy of the past century is deeply flawed and has not served our national security interest?
What if we wake up one day and realize that the terrorist threat is the predictable consequence of our meddling in the affairs of others, and has nothing to do with us being free and prosperous?
What if propping up repressive regimes in the Middle East endangers both the United States and Israel?
What if occupying countries like Iraq and Afghanistan and bombing Pakistan is directly related to the hatred directed toward us?
What if someday it dawns on us that losing over 5,000 American military personnel in the Middle East since 9/11 is not a fair tradeoff with the loss of nearly 3,000 American citizens no matter how many Iraqi, Pakistani, Afghan people are killed or displaced?
What if we finally decide that torture, even if called “enhanced interrogation technique”, is self-destructive and produces no useful information and that contracting it out to a third world nation is just as evil?
What if it is finally realized that war and military spending is always destructive to the economy?
What if all war-time spending is paid for through the deceitful and evil process of inflating and borrowing?
What if we finally see that war-time conditions always undermine personal liberty?
What if Conservatives who preach small government wake up and realize that our interventionist foreign policy provides the greatest incentive to expand the government?
What if Conservatives understood once again that their only logical position is to reject military intervention and managing an empire throughout the world?
What if the American people woke up and understood that the official reasons for going to war are almost always based on lies and promoted by war propaganda in order to serve special interests?
What if we as a nation came to realize that the quest for empire eventually destroys all great nations?
What if Obama has no intention of leaving Iraq?
What if a military draft is being planned for for the wars that would spread if our foreign policy is not changed?
What if the American people learned the truth, that our foreign policy has nothing to do with national security, that it never changes from one administration to the next?
What if war in preparation for war is a racket serving the special interests?
What if President Obama is completely wrong about Afghanistan and it turns out worse than Iraq and Vietnam put together?
What if Christianity actually teaches peace and not preventive wars of aggression?
What if diplomacy is found to be superior to bombs and bribes in protecting America?
What happens if my concerns are completely unfounded?
Nothing.
But what happens if my concerns are justified and ignored?
Nothing good.

March 15, 2020
-Drive to Lexington
-Rally in Lexington
-Doorknock with Supporters in Lexington
-Drive to Frankfort
-Rally in Frankfort
-Doorknock with supporters in Frankfort

March 16, 2020
-Drive to Campbellsville
-Rally in Campbellsville
-Lunch with supporters and donors
-Townhall in Campbellsville
-Dinner with supporters

March 17, 2020
-Drive to Bowling Green
-Doorknock with supporters in Bowling Green
-Rally in Bowling Green
Excerpt: We have to cut taxes across the board for all americans. It's your money not washington DC’s. That’s why my tax plan is the most conservative of all the Republican candidates. It’s a 12.5% flat tax which exempts your 1st 50,000 dollars. My plan also drops the corporate rate to 10 % and gets rid of all the other taxes except for social security, medicaid, and medicare which will be devolved to the states. My plan leave everyone with more dollars in there pockets and this will grow the economy exponentially.
-Townhall in Bowling Green
-Dinner with Donors

March 18, 2020
-Drive to Madisonville
-Twitter Q&A on the drive
-Rally in Madisonville
-Townhall in Madisonville
-Lunch with supporters in Madisonville
-2nd Rally in Madisonville

March 19, 2020
-Drive to Owensboro
-Taking to twitter and posting numerous tweets about Rubio and Ryan’s failed foreign policy and social issue policies
-Rally in Owensboro
-Townhall in Owensboro
-Doorknocking with supporters in Owensboro
-2nd Town Hall in Owensboro

March 20, 2020
-Drive to Hopkinsville
-Breakfast with supporters in Hopkinsville
-Rally in Hopkinsville
-Townhall in Hopkinsville
-Doorknocking in Hopkinsville
-Dinner with supporters in Hopkinsville

March 21, 2020
-Fly to Wisconsin
-Rally in Madison
-Townhall in Madison
-Meet with college voters at the University of Wisconsin
-Drive to Milwaukee
-Twitter Q&A on the way
-Town Hall in Milwaukee
-Rally in Milwaukee
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 10:02:53 PM »

Ron Paul 2020[/u]

Taking Over The Government To Leave You Alone

Ron Paul Schedule March 22-29, 2020

March 22, 2020
-Fly to New Mexico
-Rally in Albuquerque
-Lunch in Albuquerque
-Foreign Policy Speech
-Doorknocking with supporters
-Meet with college voter at University of New Mexico

March 23,2020
-Fly to New York City
-Rally in NYC
-Economic Policy Speech in NYC
-Meet with small business owners
-Drive to Albany
-Healthcare Speech

March 24, 2020
-Fly to Maine
-Rally in Maine
-Education Speech in Portland, ME
-Lunch and Doorknocking with supporters
-Drug Policy Speech in Portland, ME

March 25, 2020
-Fly to North Dakota
-Rally in Bismark
-Foreign Policy Speech in Bismark
-Rally at North Dakota University
-2nd Amendment Speech at Bismark

March 26, 2020
-Fly to Washington
-Personal Liberty Speech in Seattle
-Rally in Tacoma
-Meet with small business owners
-Role of Government Speech at the University of Washington
-Doorknocking in Bothell, WA
-Dinner Rally with supporters

March 27, 2020
-Fly to Colorado
-Rally in Boulder
-Economic Policy Speech in Boulder
-Rally at University of Colorado
-Rally at Colorado State University
-Doorknocking with supporters

March 28, 2020
-Fly to Kentucky
-Twitter Q&A on Plane
-Rally in Lexington
-Coal Speech in Louisville
-Personal Liberty Speech at University of Louisville
-Foreign Policy Speech at University of Kentucky
-Speech on Religous Liberty and Fighting Poverty at African American Church in Louisville

March 29, 2020
-Fly to Michigan
-Bureaucracy Failures Speech at Flint
-Rally in Detroit
-Economic and Poverty Speech in Detroit
-Education Speech in Detroit
-Rally at University of Michigan
-Personal Liberty Speech at Michigan State
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 04:51:11 PM »

Ron Paul 2020 Campaign Announcement
Congressman Ron Paul is challenging Senator Marco Rubio and Speaker Paul Ryan to another GOP Presidential Debate in New York City, New York.
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 10:45:14 PM »

Ron Paul 2020 Schedule April 5-11, 2020[/u]

April 5, 2020
-Fly to Minnesota
-Rally in Minneapolis
-Energy Policy Speech in Minneapolis
-Build Ground Infrastructure
-Drive to Saint Cloud
-Foreign Policy Speech in Saint Cloud
-Rally in Saint Cloud
-Economy Speech in Saint Cloud
-Debate Prep
-Twitter Q&A
-Dinner with donors
-Speech at Dinner

April 6, 2020
-Personal Liberty Speech at University of Minnesota
-Meet wth College voters at University of Minnesota
-Townhall at University of Minnesota
-Drive to Fargo
-Rally in Fargo
-Trade Policy speech in Fargo
-Townhall in Fargo
-Foreign Policy Speech in Fargo
-Drive to Grand Forks
-Rally in Grand Forks
-Economics Policy Speech in Grand Forks
-Townhall in Grand Forks

April 7, 2020
-Fly to Kansas
-Rally in Wichita
-Foreign Policy speech at Wichita State university
-Townhall at Wichita State
-Build Ground Infrastructure in Wichita
-Size of Government Speech in Wichita
-Drive to McPherson
-Rally in McPherson
-Corruption Speech in McPherson
-TownHall in McPherson
-Healthcare Speech in McPherson
-Debate Prep

April 8, 2020
-Fly to North Dakota
-Twitter Q&A
-Interviews with the press
-Rally in Bismarck
-Size of Government Speech in Bismarck
-Townhall in Bismarck
-Personal Liberty Speech at University of North Dakota
-Meet with College voters at University of North Dakota
-Townhall at University of North Dakota
-Debate Prep
-Dinner with donors
-Build Ground Infrastructure in Bismarck

April 9, 2020
-Drive to Minot, ND
-Debate prep
-Rally in Minot, ND
-Foreign Policy Speech in Minot, ND
-Townhall in Minot, ND
-Trade Policy Speech in Minot, ND
-Build Ground Infastructure in Minot, ND
-Economic Policy Speech in Minot
-Doorknocking with supporters in Minot
-Townhall in Minot

April 10, 2020
-Fly to Kansas
-Rally in Topeka
-Corruption Speech in Topeka
-Townhall in Topeka
-Education Speech in Topeka
-Debate Prep
-Build Ground Infrastructure in Topeka
-Drive to Ottawa, KS
-Rally in Ottawa
-Size of Government Speech in Ottawa
-Townhall in Ottawa

April 11, 2020
-Fly to West Virginia
-Rally in Charleston, WV
-Townhall in Charleston
-Economic Policy Speech in Charleston
-Education Speech in Charleston
-Foreign Policy Speech in Charleston
-Townhall at University of West Virginia
-Build Ground Infrastructure in Charleston
-Meet college voters at University of West Virginia
-Debate Prep

WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 05:57:59 PM »

Ron Paul Debate Answers[/b]

Opening Statement

Good Evening, I am former Congressman Ron Paul from Texas. I am the defender of the Constitution and the champion of liberty. I first got into this race out of great concern for the direction of the Republican Party. The party has gone in the direction of big government, massive spending, and endless wars overseas. I believe Senator Rubio embodies those values unfortunately. But I am glad to stand here tonight to stand up for a foreign policy of peace and diplomacy, a balanced budget, and personal liberty. My goal is to take over the government to leave you alone. But recent trends of our party have embarked on quite the opposite. Senator Rubio supports the unconstitutional spying on innocent americans, he supports the use of torture which is outlawed in the 8th amendment, and he supports the continued intervention and endless wars in the middle east without a declaration and without there being a significant threat to our national security. If you nominate me, I will put an end to it.

-Senator Rubio, you now have only 78 delegates left to win to clinch the Republican presidential nomination. I want to hear from both of you : why will your nomination ensure realignment among the Republican Party?

Well, as I outlined earlier I believe that our party has lost its way. I think Foreign Policy is a major area that we can offer an alternative. Right now both parties support the endless wars overseas, these wars are unconstitutional, unwinnable, and immoral. So the Republican alternative can be a Foreign Policy that is against war and for a Foreign Policy of peace and diplomacy. This policy will keep us safer as Americans, it will bring us back to fiscal sanity and it will keep a lot more americans alive. I think the party also needs to become the party of small government again. We have supported too many government interventions in the market and the party also supports running peoples social lives so we need to go in the opposite direction. We need to get the government out of the way when it comes to economic affairs and that means lowering taxes across the board, reducing regulations and red tape for small businesses, and it means ending this disastrous Federal Reserve System that is responsible for the wiping out of the middle class. And as President I will do everything in my power to promote economic freedom, personal liberty and a foreign policy of peace.

-Recently, Tim Ashe created the Progressive Liberty Party, a party that seems to be becoming a viable third party. What do you think will be the effects of this launch?

Well it's difficult to tell as of right now so we’ll see how things shake out. But ultimately I think it creates a great opportunity for our party this is right now splitting the democratic party in half and that really opens the door for us so we better not blow it. But I think this also highlights a deeper feeling that americans have about our political system. The american people are sick and tired of war, one of the founding principles of that party was a foreign policy that is against war and for peace and diplomacy which is great. But this party advocates for policies that cannot be payed for and will rack up our debt so the republican alternative should be free markets and liberty. I also think that if the Republican Party becomes the party that is against war and regime change then the Progressive Liberty Party will soon become history and I think we can accomplish this.

-Senator Rubio, you are endorsed by Ted Cruz who, four years ago, was criticizing Donald Trump for embracing « New York values »? According to you, what are the New York values?

(Senator Rubio's Response)

-In the last 27 years, New York City suffered 7 terrorist attacks or attempted terrorist attacks, including, of course, the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 and 9/11, just like we were attacked by ISIS in Chicago two months ago. So I want to hear from both of you : what is your plan to fight terrorism and to make sure that New York and all the United States of America will never get attacked by terrorists on the American soil?

Yes, the problem of terrorism has a lot to do with foreign policy and it has a lot to do with blowback. The concept of Blowback is that when the United States takes action in the middle east, whether it be bombs or nation building, that there is an unintended consequence that occurs. A prominent example of this is our nation building in Iran for the latter part of the 20th century. In 1953 the United States installed the Shah in Iran; the Shah, which is the name of the ruler, was very unpopular among the Iranian people. So in response to that, the people of Iran invaded our embassy in 1979 and took hostages. This infamous event became known as the Iranian Hostage Crisis, which is directly related to our nation building. Another example of Blowback is the 9-11 attacks on the United States. If you ever read the writings of Bin Laden and the reasons they attacked us, it was abundantly clear it was because we were over there. We built a military base in Saudi Arabia, which that certain faction of Islam believed to be the holy land. In retaliation for our military base and constant bombing of the middle east, they hijacked 2 planes and flew them into the Twin Towers. I would make the case that if we are serious about fighting terrorism we have to look at our foreign policy.
-In the last few years, Vladimir Putin's authority is contested in Russia and around the world. What do you think would be the conditions that would ensure political change in Russia, bring integrity in Russia's political landscape and in Moscow's foreign policy and restore freedom of press in Russia as well as territorial integrity in Eastern Europe?

Well the United States should have no role in nation building or dictating what kind of government other nations should have. But the best way we can promote our values is by setting a good example for other nations around the world and be the shining city on the hill as Reagan once said. If here at home we have thriving free markets, respect for civil liberties and the greatest education system in the world it gives the rest of the world something to emulate or follow after. But our biggest weapon to strengthen relations and friendship with the world is free trade. When we trade with other nations it builds trust and
friendship with them, this is the policy we should be doing with Russia, Iran, and Cuba. Instead of dropping bombs and intervening we can build friendship and encourage diplomacy through free trade.

-How do you plan to deter North Korea from supporting terrorism and to fight jihadism on the Pacific?

Well we should understand that Jihad is a philosophy that a radical tenet of Islam adopts. And in North Korea they are not Islamic, they actually have to worship their leader and he claims he is God. So this whole question operates on a false premise that would never happen. But we can encourage good relations with North Korea by being willing to be diplomatic and to trade with them but the wrong way is to provoke them by making of show of force out of south korea or in nearby waters. We need to promote peace and not war.

-Hillary Clinton who was Secretary of State during Barack Obama's first term is considered as a major architect of Obama's foreign policy. Despite Muammar Gaddafi's fall, the 2011 military intervention in Libya is considered as a failure due to the terrorist attacks since 2011. What would you have done to restore permanent democracy and security in the post-Gadaffi's Libya if you were President of the United States at the time?

Well I wouldn’t have intervened in the first place! That was such a bad move, we may have good intentions when it comes to military interventions but there are unintended consequences that come with it. We also operate under the false premise that after we topple the regime there are some democratic angels waiting to take over which is never true and now Libya is in chaos and overrun by radicals so we are now dealing with the consequences of our failed foreign policy. This is also a reason why Hillary Clinton cannot be re elected president and it would be kind of awkward if Senator Rubio and President Clinton found themselves in agreement on this issue. If you nominate me I will champion peace and diplomacy.

-This morning, the SAVE Act, sponsored by Senator Rubio, passed the Congress and is signed into law. How this bill make a contribution to economic growth and to U.S. automobile industry's relaunch?

Well it won’t so a whole lot in my opinion. This is another example of crony capitalism and government picking winners and losers. It’s not the government's role to stimulate the economy, it's the government role to create an environment for success. This means lowering taxes across the board, getting rid of the red tape, and balancing the budget. It’s amazing that the Senator calls himself a believer in free markets when this goes blatantly against them so I think the american people will see through this. And on the issue of ethanol production, hemp is actually the cheapest way to produce ethanol and I think we ought to legalize it and allow the market to select the best method for production instead of some government bureaucrat choosing it. Senator Rubio also opposes this so I don’t think he knows a whole lot about ethanol or the free market in general.

-How do you plan to help America progressing in the digital economy?

Well the best thing for the government to do is to stay out of it! The beautiful thing about the market is the innovation and technological advances, the greatest inventions and advancements came from free people who were allowed to unleash their creativity and keep the fruits of their labor. None of these advancements came from government or came from a bureaucrat ordering an innovation. When government stays out of the way great things can happen! One thing we can do is to lower the corporate tax rate to the lowest in the world and make the United States the best place in the world to start a business. If we do this all of the sudden the technology sector will leave China and Japan and come to America and we will have the greatest economy in the world. 
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 10:42:07 PM »

Ron Paul Rebuttal To Rubio Attacks Part 1[/b]

Rubio's response : So I suppose, Congressman, that you would have prefered to have Al Gore at the White House on 9/11 rather than George W. Bush.

[Applause from the audience]

If Al Gore was President on 9/11, not only the government would have been bigger, thus making our economy weaker, but terrorism would have been much stronger today and Bin Laden would have been alive today.

The reason why the World Trade Center was destroyed on 9/11 is because Bill Clinton missed the opportunity of killing Osama Bin Laden when he had the chance to do so in 1998. It's also because we didn't increase enough our security measures.

The attacks in San Bernardino demonstrated it in 2015. In December 2015, two radical Islamic terrorists killed 14 people and injured 22 others in San Bernardino and you know why, because some Senators in the Congress, including your son Rand Paul, voted in favor of weakening our surveillance program on June 2015, before the attacks in San Bernardino, thus putting our country in danger and encouraging terrorists to commit terrorist attacks on our soil and to kill Americans.

The reason why we managed to find and kill Bin Laden is because we launched the War on Terror and because we reinforced our security measures as well as our military. So I believe that if you were President on 9/11, much more Americans and much more innocent people around the world would be dead today.

And claiming that we created terrorist groups like Al Qaida or ISIS by engaging ourselves in the Middle East is simply not true. And Rudy Giuliani, who was mayor of New York City on 9/11 and who is sitting among this audience tonight even told you this during a debate in New Hampshire on January 2008.

Jihadists killed over 500 Americans before September 11, 2001, in the late 1960s. They have also killed people in Bali, in London. They have launched attacks in Germany.

If our military operations successfully helped us fighting terrorism and capturing or killing terrorist leaders like Bin Laden, then such a procedure can also work today to destroy ISIS and Al Qaida once and for all for the sake of international liberty, peace and stability.

Paul:
Well personally I think they would both be terrible presidents and one of them was. This idea that George Bush didn't grow government is quite humorous I'm not sure Al Gore would have been able to top him. During Bush's Administration the department of education was doubled in size, we also created this massive bureaucracy called the Department of Homeland Security. We had all the information to deal with the threat on 9-11 but it was inefficiency in the bureaucracy that let it to go by. So what's our response it's to implement a massive bureaucracy that hasn't helped solve the problem and you can't be conservative and support these policies. You also support the unconstitutional NSA spying on Americans which is clearly outlawed in the constitution. We need to look at foreign policy through the eyes of the people we attack imagine if they were doing this to us imagine if china or Iran built a massive embassy the size of the Vatican in downtown New York and imagine Chinese soldiers routinely patrolled our streets. And China continuously bombed us and sometimes accidentally bombed a hospital or a wedding. I think it makes perfect sense why they hate us. They hate us because we bomb them. They hate us because we build military bases on there holy land. They hate us because we patrol the streets and claim to be protecting there national security I think it's time we have a foreign policy based on the golden rule.

Rubio's response : I agree that free trade can help us promoting liberty in countries oppressed by dictators.

But Congressman your statement claiming that we are dictating what kind of government other nations should have is absolutely wrong. That's not true.

We don't dictate to nations, we free nations from dictators.

Paul:
But what you don't understand is there are unintended consequences that occur. We may think that we are doing them a service but often times we end up leaving the area in chaos from our interventions. In Libya we toppled Gaddafi and now Libya is in chaos, same thing in Iraq we intervened and opened the vacuum for ISIS to fill and it's not the United States role to police the world and eternally occupy the Middle East. But the worst thing about this is that it's all unconstitutional! The constitution says the congress has to declare war because when you don't the wars don't end that's why we have troops in 130 countries and we are bombing 8 countries simultaneously we have to quit this! Senator Rubio how many men have to die?! How many soldiers must come home wounded and with PTSD before you'll understand that this foreign policy had failed?
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2016, 10:44:06 PM »

Ron Paul Rebbutal to Rubio Attacks Part 2[/b]

Rubio's response : And yet you endorsed Ronald Reagan in 1976 and 1980 while you knew very well that he promised, even at that time, to increase defense budget in order to reinforce and moderize our military, thus helping us to promote peace through strength and to win the Cold War against the USSR. [Applause from the audience]

And peace through strength is exactly what I'm proposing, which requires making our military strong again, reinforcing our alliances, including around the Pacific, securing strategic and vital zones and establshing an anti-missile shield that will bring down any nuclear missile launched against us or our allies, thus ensuring peace, stability, freedom and territorial integrity in the Pacific.

Paul:
I'm not exactly sure what this has to do with Reagan but I supported the message of Reagan but when we came to office the democratic congress blew the lid off the spending and it wasn't the spending that ended the Cold War it was diplomacy and open relations and trade with other nations. Reagan didn't end the Cold War by warmongering or nation building that's not how you promote peace

Rubio's response : I know that diplomacy is a great tool for peace promotion. But Congressman, I need to remind you that diplomacy has not been enough to defeat Hitler, to win World War II, to win the Cold War and to find and kill Osama Bin Laden.

And I'm astonished, Congressman, that, as a Libertarian, you don't seem to care about democracy. The only single reason why democracy is not permanent now in Libya is that we left the Libyan people on its own too early. If we did the opposite, the 4 U.S. Ambassadors killed in Benghazi would be alive today and terrorism would not have surged in Libya. By combining our forces with Libya's, we will defeat terrorism, thus saving freedom and democracy. Only democracy ensures security and stability because the people can trust their government due to a stronger integrity. We can't let the Mediterranean Sea become a terrorist lake.

Paul:
The conditions that led to world war 2 were created because of the peace treaty established after world war 1 and it dumped a lot of blame and financial responsibility on Germany and this led to someone like Hitler being able to appeal to nationalism and come to power. If we hadn't intervened in world war 1 or if we negotiated a better peace treaty the name Adolf Hitler would mean nothing. My argument is that if we are going to go to war we have to declare it constitutionally and we have to commit to winning. Senator Rubio if we didn't have a military base or an embassy in Libya no Americans would have died your foreign policy is going to lead to more Americans dying it's going to lead to a skyrocketing national debt and it's going to increase terrorism against the United States. It's time we quit this and stop these wars!

Rubio's response : Well first of all Congressman, I'm the only one on this stage that is sitting in the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship. I lived the American Dream and I spent all my career to establish pro-growth policies that created good-paying jobs whether it's in Florida or in Washington and I understand what it takes to revive free market and our economy and to create jobs. That's why businesspeople like Mitt Romney, Carly Fiorina, Meg Whitman, Rick Snyder, Nikki Haley and the Sununu family are endorsing me because they know that I am the only candidate in this race that has the best pro-growth agenda that will be able to save free market, to create jobs, to grow our economy, to get America back to work, to balance the budget and to reduce the deficit.

And I do not need any lectures from a man who opposes free market by voting YES on withdrawing from the WTO and by opposing free trade, especially NAFTA, free trade agreement with Chile, US-Singapore free trade agreement, US-Australia Free Trade Agreement, CAFTA and  free trade with Peru. Opposing free trade is not conservative because higher tariffs mean bigger government and more government intrusion in the economy. It also undermines our consumers' purchasing power, thus weakening consumption and consumption is an important element of economic growth. The Great Depression got longer and worse because of the legislation of the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act of 1930 that increased tariffs and reduced American exports and imports, thus increasing unemployment rate from 8 % in 1930 to 25 % in 1932.

Secondly, you seem to have misunderstood me. The SAVE Act doesn't include subsidaries for ethanol. It includes tax credits for the companies investing on ethanol and tax credits mean lowering taxes and putting the government aside.

And I'm proud to support ethanol because it's good for our environment, for our air, for job creation, for our automobile industry and for the U.S. economy in general. I support ethanol because we need to use all of our sources of energy and because it also reduces our dependency upon foreign energy.

What would you suggest, Congressman? That we keep unwillingly funding terrorist groups by importing oil from countries in throes of terrorism because of our dependency on foreign oil? I refuse it. Energy independence will not only grow our economy, reinforce free market, create jobs and protect the environment but also weaken terrorist groups by depriving them of funds.

[Applause from the audience]

Paul:
Well here we go again on the free trade thing. I am the biggest supporter of free trade in the country I want to get rid of all the tariffs on our imported and exported goods. The reason I oppose deals like NAFTA is because of the hidden provisions and unfair advantages given to certain countries or goods. You don't need a trade deal to do free trade you just need the government to get out of the way. I never said I didn't support ethanol I argued that certain companies shouldn't get unfair advantages for using ethanol produced in a certain way. I also advocated for allowing us to decriminalize hemp and allow us to produce ethanol from hemp. And Senator I think you would know a lot about funding terrorists since you vote for weapons deals that give terrorists access to weapons so you can't have it both ways
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2016, 11:44:03 PM »

Ron Paul Rebuttal to Rubio Attacks Part 3[/b]

-Senator Rubio's response : That's false, Congressman. I never supported any bill that gave terrorists access to weapons.

Actually I introduced a bill named the Terror Intelligence Improvement Act that is aimed at keeping guns away from suspected terrorists. I think we all agree on such procedure because that's the right way to protect our constitutional and inviolable Second Amendment while disallowing suspected terrorists to get weapons and to kill innocent people.

So I believe it's time for you, Congressman, to stop misleading my record. It's not a badge of honour.

Paul:
Well that's another lie Senator Rubio, on September 21, 2016 you voted for 1.15 billion dollars in military funding to Saudi Arabia and we know now that Saudi Arabia was complicit in funding and supporting the 9-11 attacks so Senator you can't have it both ways you can't say that you want to fight terrorism but you vote for bills that fund nations who support terrorism I say not one penny to the nations who hate us and burn our flag!
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2016, 01:28:14 AM »

Ron Paul schedule April 19-25, 2020[/b]

April 19, 2020
-Fly to Illinois
-Rally in Chicago
-Poverty Speech in Chicago
-Town Hall in Chicago
-Drive to Aurora
-Foreign Policy Speech in Aurora
-Twitter Q&A
-Townhall in Aurora
-Dinner with supporters

April 20, 2020
-Drive to Joliet
-Rally in Joliet
-Doorknock with supporters in Joliet
-Townhall in Joliet
-Economic Policy Speech in Joliet
-Drive to Rockford
-Rally in Rockford
-Townhall in Rockford
-Personal Liberty speech in Rockford

April 21, 2020
-Fly to Ohio
-Rally in Cleveland
-Build ground infrastructure
-Townhall in Cleveland
-Education Speech in Cleveland
-2nd TownHall in Cleveland
-Lunch with supporters
-Drive to Columbus
-Rally in Columbus
-Trade Speech in Columbus
-Townhall in Columbus

April 22, 2020
-Drive to Cincinnati
-Twitter Q&A
-Rally in Cincinnati
-Townhall in Cincinnati
-doorknock with supporters
-Foreign Policy Speech in Cincinnati
-2nd Townhall in Cincinnati
-Dinner with supporters

April 23, 2020
-Fly to Maine
-Rally in Augusta
-Doorknock with supporters in Augusta
-Townhall in Augusta
-Healthcare speech in Augusta
-Build Ground infrastructure in Augusta
-Education Speech in Augusta
-2nd Townhall in Augusta
-Dinner with supporters

April 24, 2020
-Drive to Portland
-Rally in Portland
-Economic Speech in Portland
-Establish ground infrastructure in Portland
-Townhall in Portland
-Trade Policy Speech in Portland
-Drive to Lewiston
-Rally in Lewiston
-Townhall in Lewiston
-Role of government speech in Lewiston
-build ground infrastructure in Lewiston

April 25, 2020
-Fly to New York
-Rally in NYC
-Build ground infrastructure in NYC
-Townhall in NYC
-Economic Policy Speech in NYC
-Meet with college voters at NYU
-Personal Liberty Speech at NYU
-Townhall at NYU
-Townhall in NYC
-Education Speech in NYC

WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 10:15:57 AM »

Ron Paul Campaign Announcement [/b]

Good evening I am here tonight to announce my independent candidacy for the presidency. It seems that the Republican Party no longer can advance the ideas of conservatism and libertarianism. I am doing this too turn things around. No one is willing to stand up for consistently small government. No one is willing to stand up for consistent spending cuts and balanced budgets. No one is willing to stand up for peace and diplomacy as opposed to war. I am here to stand up against the powers of tyranny and big government. It's time we get our country back, it's time for a revolution
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 09:54:02 AM »

I am stunned as well as saddened to hear about the passing of president Clinton. Her family and friends will be in my prayers. I wish Tim Kaine the best of luck and he will be in my prayers - Former Congressman Ron Paul
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 11:51:44 AM »

Ron Paul Schedule Part 1[/b]

May 3, 2020
-Fly to Idaho
-Rally in Boise
-Townhall in Boise
-Economy Policy Speech in Boise
-Build Ground Game in Boise
-2nd Rally in Boise
-Drive to Twin Falls
-Rally in Twin Falls
-Townhall in Twin Falls
-Size of government rally in Twin Falls

May 4, 2020
-Fly to Washington
-Rally in Seattle
-Townhall in Seattle
-Foreign Policy Speech in Seattle
-Build ground infrastructure in Seattle
-Drive to Spokane
-Rally in Spokane
-Twitter Q&A
-Townhall in Spokane
-Trade Policy Speech in Spokane

May 5, 2020
-Fly to California
-Rally in San Francisco
-Townhall in San Francisco
-Economy Policy Speech in San Francisco
-Foreign Policy Speech in San Francisco
-Drive to Los Angeles
-Rally in Los Angeles
-Townhall in Los Angeles
-Personal Liberty Speech in Los Angeles

May 6, 2020
-Fly to New Mexico
-Rally in Santa Fe
-Townhall in Santa Fe
-Economy Policy Speech in Santa Fe
-Drive to Albuquerque
-Townhall in Albuquerque
-Rally in Albuquerque
-Townhall in Albuquerque
-Foreign Policy Speech in Albuquerque

WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 11:55:52 AM »

Ron Paul Schedule Part 2[/b]

May 7, 2020
-Fly to Ohio
-Rally in Cleveland
-Build ground infrastructure
-Townhall in Cleveland
-Education Speech in Cleveland
-2nd TownHall in Cleveland
-Lunch with supporters
-Drive to Columbus
-Rally in Columbus
-Trade Speech in Columbus
-Townhall in Columbus

May 8, 2020
-Drive to Cincinnati
-Twitter Q&A
-Rally in Cincinnati
-Townhall in Cincinnati
-doorknock with supporters
-Foreign Policy Speech in Cincinnati
-2nd Townhall in Cincinnati
-Dinner with supporters

May 9, 2020
-Fly to Maine
-Rally in Augusta
-Doorknock with supporters in Augusta
-Townhall in Augusta
-Healthcare speech in Augusta
-Build Ground infrastructure in Augusta
-Education Speech in Augusta
-2nd Townhall in Augusta
-Dinner with supporters

WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2016, 11:37:26 AM »

Ron Paul Campaign Announcement
Congressman Paul would ask to be included in the general election polls since he is a viable 3rd Party option
WashLibertarian
Rookie
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2016, 12:55:03 AM »

Ron Paul Campaign Schedule May 24-30[/b]

May 24, 2020
-Fly to Idaho
-Rally in Boise
-Townhall in Boise
-Economy Policy Speech in Boise
-Build Ground Game in Boise
-2nd Rally in Boise
-Drive to Twin Falls