Donald Trump Coloring Book
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:20:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Donald Trump Coloring Book
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you have one yet?
Yes, and I intend to color every page.

Yes, but I will keep it in mint condition.

Not yet, but I'd love to have one.

Hell no!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Donald Trump Coloring Book  (Read 526 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 21, 2016, 04:23:54 PM »

Yes boys and girls, you read that right, a Donald Trump coloring book.  I was at Wal-mart today looking for a grill--Lawnmower versus Grill; lawnmower wins; long story--alas they do not sell replacement parts for the unit.  Then we went to a couple of hardware stores and, as a last-ditch effort, the Salvation Army consignment store, but there were no 19" by 21" rectangular grills to be had.  I just may end up buying a whole new one since I can't find the actual grill part, especially since I just discovered that the on-line replacement grill costs nearly as much, with shipping, as the whole unit cost at Wal-mart three summers ago.

Anyway, while we were walking along that lovely bit of consumerist suburbia known affectionately as the strip mall, we stopped into a Five Below store.  The first thing I spotted as I sauntered past the book aisle was a child's coloring book called TRUMP, with a picture of The Donald as superman on the cover.  Oh.  My.  God.  Seriously, it's good stuff.  Yes, it was a complete and total waste of five dollars but I had to have one.  (You can also find it at Walmart for $8.88 and at Barnes&Noble for $7.99.)

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 04:42:38 PM »

I'll only get it when I can get a brass-colored crayon.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 06:31:32 PM »

Freedom post.
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 07:30:01 PM »

I own it! My friend got it for me as a gift. There are priceless images in there, such as a game of Battleship played by Trump and Kim Jong-Un.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 07:56:09 PM »

Whomever came up with the Trump Coloring Book concept is a YUUUUUGE FF.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 08:25:56 PM »

My favorite is a portrait of The Donald penning the United States Constitution.

Damn.  I should have bought the whole stack.  I may go back this weekend and get a bunch of them to give away as gifts.  Most of the folks I know are either Sandernistas who despise Clinton but who will probably end up voting for her because they're scared of the possibility of a Trump victory, or Sandernistas who will vote for some third candidate, or Republicans who will vote for Johnson or the constitutionalist candidate.  There may even be a Trump supporter or two among my crowd.  They'll all love it.  The Trumpsters will adore it, and the anti-Trump crowd will appreciate the kitsch. 

It's like the Death Pack from about 15 years ago.  Remember those?  Playing cards with Saddam as the Ace of Spades, his sons as the Aces of Clubs and Hearts, and Abid Hamid Mahmud Al-Tikriti as the Ace of Diamonds.  It goes down from there, all the way down to Ugla Saqr Al-Kubaysi on the two of clubs.  The US government commissioned it and distributed it to marines and soldiers because it knew that they would regularly play cards, and the faces on the cards would potentially give them memory and recognition ability.  I was deeply opposed to the invasion, but I loved the kitsch value of the Death Pack.  I bought four decks, gave two of them away as gifts and traded one in Mexico for a six-pack of Tecate on election day.  Anti-war protesters loved the Death Pack, and so did Bush Doctrinaires.  No matter how you feel about the Bush Doctrine, the Death Pack is adorable.  The Trump coloring book is sort of like that.  Who doesn't love The Donald as a fifth head on Mount Rushmore?

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies