Trump's nomination is the first time US politics has left me truly afraid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:57:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump's nomination is the first time US politics has left me truly afraid (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump's nomination is the first time US politics has left me truly afraid  (Read 2306 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: July 21, 2016, 10:18:27 PM »

I'm afraid because Trump has absolutely no qualifications to be president. He has no idea what he's doing.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 11:59:51 PM »

I'm afraid because Trump has absolutely no qualifications to be president. He has no idea what he's doing.

As opposed to what we've had for the last 20 years? Frankly, if the people with all the wonderful "qualifications" were doing a halfway decent job, maybe Trump wouldn't have been able to capture the nomination. If voters are ticked off enough to go with a non-politician, there's probably a reason, don't you think? If you need to be afraid of something, why not be afraid that we continue down the wrong path? That's the bigger concern, at least from my perspective...

I would argue that Obama is certainly doing a "halfway decent" job. Even if you don't like the current status quo (it could certainly be better,) the argument that "something different/new" is always better is awful, destructive, and needs to be beaten to a bloody pulp. Things could be FAR worse than they are right now, and I strongly believe that electing someone who has no experience or qualifications is just the way to make things worse than they currently are. I would feel the same way even if I believed that America was in as horrible of a position as people at the RNC seem to think.

If a hospital had doctors that weren't doing as good a job as they could, would the solution be to start hiring people with no medical experience or training instead? (real outsiders)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 12:51:15 AM »

And Barack Obama was Oh, So Qualified?  He was a parochial State Senator until he was elected to the Senate, and was 2 1/2 years into the job until he decided to run for President.

Donald Trump has experience as the chief executive of a major multi-national business enterprise.  He's got more executive experience than any Presidential candidate in my lifetime, other than Eisenhower. 

Obama wasn't as experienced as he could be, but at least he had some experience.

The whole "Trump was an executive" is false equivalency at its best. His "executive" experience has no relevancy to the presidency.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies