Trump's nomination is the first time US politics has left me truly afraid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:09:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump's nomination is the first time US politics has left me truly afraid (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump's nomination is the first time US politics has left me truly afraid  (Read 2343 times)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« on: July 21, 2016, 06:33:15 PM »

I don't always agree with Mr. Klein (a very smart and informed liberal), e.g., his odes of joy about Obamacare, but I do as to this piece - each and every word. Pity that it was not complete. Hey Ezra, why did you skip over that Trump has little or no respect for the rule of law, and his bellicosity might get us into wars, in particular a trade war, but even more worrisome, wars where blood is spilled (except with respect to his favorite dictators of course)?

Oh, he skipped those two cause they don't apply to Trump. In fact, it is far more likely Hillary will start new wars because of her bellicosity. And it's not even disputed that she has little or no respect for the rule of law.

That's what I don't get. I mean, I understand you don't like Trump. But why do you accuse him of the two things which are actually Hillary trademark?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 04:47:26 PM »

I don't always agree with Mr. Klein (a very smart and informed liberal), e.g., his odes of joy about Obamacare, but I do as to this piece - each and every word. Pity that it was not complete. Hey Ezra, why did you skip over that Trump has little or no respect for the rule of law, and his bellicosity might get us into wars, in particular a trade war, but even more worrisome, wars where blood is spilled (except with respect to his favorite dictators of course)?

Oh, he skipped those two cause they don't apply to Trump. In fact, it is far more likely Hillary will start new wars because of her bellicosity. And it's not even disputed that she has little or no respect for the rule of law.

That's what I don't get. I mean, I understand you don't like Trump. But why do you accuse him of the two things which are actually Hillary trademark?

No, fool.

http://www.vox.com/2016/2/18/11057968/donald-trump-iraq-war-2002

Badger, you are quoting a hit piece against Trump. It is clear what he meant to say. We should have finished the job in 1991.

This is a new low even coming from you. What makes you become such an insufferable Dem hack every time there is a presidential election? Is there not a single Pub candidate to your liking?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 12:10:46 AM »

Interestingly, I left the convention less fearful of a Trump presidency than I did going in. There were two major factors in that. First was Paul Ryan's speech, which laid out a far more traditional Pub approach to governance, and left me feeling that Congress would be calling the policy shots, not the White House. The second was the acceptance speech, where Trump clearly started paying attention to his campaign staff. He avoided any name calling and very closely followed the script given to him. He even went so far as to quell the "Lock her up" chant, which was certainly instilled by Manafort, et al. That doesn't suggest to me that he isn't going to launch on opponents as he thinks fits the tenor of a speech, but it does suggest that his staff now actually has influence in Trump's decisions.

These are comforting thoughts. However, there is something even more important that should motivate Pubs to vote Trump.

Pubs have not been able to pass a single piece of Pub friendly legislation due to obstruction by the Dems in the Senate and in the White House. The only way for Pubs to actually legislate is for them to put a Pub president in the White House. And Trump is the best such president, because he is only interested in the direction the country is heading in and not policy details, which will be left to Ryan and McConnell.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies