Emsworth Victory Speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:18:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Emsworth Victory Speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Emsworth Victory Speech  (Read 389 times)
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2005, 12:11:24 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would venture to say that we have just witnessed one of the closest and most interesting presidential elections in the history of this Republic. As with most other elections, there were some controversies, but I must say that my opponents have dealt with them in a gracious and honorable manner.

I should add that this race would not have been as interesting without the spirited campaigns of the other candidates. Their debates, speeches, platforms, and campaigns were terrific. It has been nothing but a pleasure - an honor - to run in this race. In particular, I would like to pay tribute to both Senator Supersoulty and Keystone Phil, who have decided to conclude their tenures as active political figures. Each brought something unique to fantasy poltics, and will be sorely missed.

My friends, I would also like to thank the President-Elect, Siege40. Siege has been most kind and gracious in choosing me as his running mate, and I shall do my best not to let him down as Vice President. I will be proud to serve alongside him.

I truly look forward to presiding over and working with the Senate. I hope that co-operation between the executive and legislative branches will be a cornerstone of my term in office. May I take this opportunity to congratulate the victors of the Senate races, Colin Wixted, Sam Spade, MasterJedi, DanielX, and FuturePrez? Although we differ in terms of ideology, I know that they will all be excellent legislators.

My last thank-you goes to the voters. It goes not just to the voters who chose Siege, but to all of them. Turnout in this election was astonishingly high, and is something I am sure that we can all be proud of.

I greatly look forward to serving you.
Emsworth
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 01:14:31 PM »

Congrats, Emsworth.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 02:07:53 PM »

Yay Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 04:07:02 PM »

Congradulations Emsworth you'll make a great VP.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies