Opinion of Donald Trump's convention speech?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:51:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opinion of Donald Trump's convention speech?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Poll
Question: ?
FS

HS

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 124

Author Topic: Opinion of Donald Trump's convention speech?  (Read 3837 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2016, 11:47:45 PM »

Still sucks at using a teleprompter and would do better to stop using one. Go all the way in being an outsider candidate or just become a establishment hack.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2016, 11:54:30 PM »

CNN/ORC Poll of Trump Speech Watchers

Overall Reaction to Trump's Speech
Very Positive 57%
Somewhat Positive 18%
Negative Effect 24%

In what direction will the policies proposed by Trump move the country?
Right Direction 73%  (was 60% pre-speech)
Wrong Direction 24%

How did Trump's speech affect your vote?
More Likely 56%
Less Likely 10%
Not Much Effect 32%

Source:  CNN on TV.  No link yet, best I can tell.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2016, 11:55:40 PM »

Very Positive 57%
Somewhat Positive 18%
Negative Effect 24%

Wrong Direction 24%

More Likely 56%
Less Likely 10%
Not Much Effect 32%

So clearly a GOP crowd. Next.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2016, 11:56:29 PM »

Very Positive 57%
Somewhat Positive 18%
Negative Effect 24%

Wrong Direction 24%

More Likely 56%
Less Likely 10%
Not Much Effect 32%

Should be noted, they were undecided Republicans.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2016, 11:56:37 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2016, 11:58:43 PM by Adam T »

The idea that a corrupt businessperson who routinely engaged in pay to play with politicians is going to be the person to 'clean up the system' is laughable and only an idiot like the idiot Trump supporters could believe it.

I know the 'conversion on the road to Damascus' but I also know of "Trust but verify."  If Rapist Trump really wants to 'clean up the system' I want to know what specific reforms he has.

Hillary Clinton has pledged to both support a Constitutional Amendment on campaign finance reform, and that she will only appoint judges to the Supreme Court who will overturn Citizen's United.

Rapist Trump has pledged nothing other than "I'm so great, you can believe me."

Idiot Trump supporters are such idiots it's a wonder that they still know how to breathe. (Necessary attribution: Bob Dylan from the song Idiot Wind.) 
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2016, 11:59:22 PM »

Very Positive 57%
Somewhat Positive 18%
Negative Effect 24%

Wrong Direction 24%

More Likely 56%
Less Likely 10%
Not Much Effect 32%

They didn't say that on TV.  They only said it was a poll of speech watchers, which for an RNC is going to skew Republican.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2016, 11:59:54 PM »

Very Positive 57%
Somewhat Positive 18%
Negative Effect 24%

Wrong Direction 24%

More Likely 56%
Less Likely 10%
Not Much Effect 32%

Those are all undecided Republicans? If so he gains a little but not enough to win
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2016, 12:00:18 AM »

Fusionmunster

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2016, 12:01:46 AM »

Very Positive 57%
Somewhat Positive 18%
Negative Effect 24%

Wrong Direction 24%

More Likely 56%
Less Likely 10%
Not Much Effect 32%

They didn't say that on TV.  They only said it was a poll of speech watchers, which for an RNC is going to skew Republican.

Yeah but before the speech 60% had a favorable view of Trumps policies or something. That implies it was a heavily republican sample.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2016, 12:19:38 AM »

The idea that a corrupt businessperson who routinely engaged in pay to play with politicians is going to be the person to 'clean up the system' is laughable and only an idiot like the idiot Trump supporters could believe it.

I know the 'conversion on the road to Damascus' but I also know of "Trust but verify."  If Rapist Trump really wants to 'clean up the system' I want to know what specific reforms he has.

Hillary Clinton has pledged to both support a Constitutional Amendment on campaign finance reform, and that she will only appoint judges to the Supreme Court who will overturn Citizen's United.

Rapist Trump has pledged nothing other than "I'm so great, you can believe me."

Idiot Trump supporters are such idiots it's a wonder that they still know how to breathe. (Necessary attribution: Bob Dylan from the song Idiot Wind.) 
Never, EVER, ever quote my favorite song by my favorite artist in such a face-palming way ever again. That song is sacred to me and I'll be damned if I let you abuse it Tongue.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2016, 12:26:26 AM »

FS. Was well delivered and had a drastic effect on the undecided voters. The substance will likely be saved for the debates or lack there of in this election lol. But it was a fantastic and realistic speech of the current situation in America. Although I do admit that some of the statistics were skewed and exaggerated. However, the ultimate and intended goal was accomplished.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2016, 12:29:42 AM »

FS. Was well delivered and had a drastic effect on the undecided voters. The substance will likely be saved for the debates or lack there of in this election lol. But it was a fantastic and realistic speech of the current situation in America. Although I do admit that some of the statistics were skewed and exaggerated. However, the ultimate and intended goal was accomplished.

Getting a little ahead of ourselves there, arent we?
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2016, 12:32:38 AM »

Republican voters & independents
egalitt
Russian Federation
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2016, 06:35:31 AM »
« Edited: July 22, 2016, 06:37:29 AM by egalitt »

I know the 'conversion on the road to Damascus' but I also know of "Trust but verify."

"Trust and verify" is a Russian saying (доверяй, но проверяй),  and I remember Reagan saying it in Russian.  
As a foreigner I don't care a bean for students' debts and other   domestic problems. I'm more interested in foreign policy. Let's verify what Trump said.
He stated that when Clinton took office Lybia and Syria were stable countries while Iraq was in chaos ensued by American invasion. When she left office all three countries were in chaos, Egypt ruled Muslim Brothers, ISIS spreading its influence and seizing territories, American diplomats murdered in Beghazi.
And what is wrong here? These are obvious, undeniable facts.
To ignore them is really idiotic.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2016, 07:08:59 AM »

I know the 'conversion on the road to Damascus' but I also know of "Trust but verify."

"Trust and verify" is a Russian saying (доверяй, но проверяй),  and I remember Reagan saying it in Russian.  
As a foreigner I don't care a bean for students' debts and other   domestic problems. I'm more interested in foreign policy. Let's verify what Trump said.
He stated that when Clinton took office Lybia and Syria were stable countries while Iraq was in chaos ensued by American invasion. When she left office all three countries were in chaos, Egypt ruled Muslim Brothers, ISIS spreading its influence and seizing territories, American diplomats murdered in Beghazi.
And what is wrong here? These are obvious, undeniable facts.
To ignore them is really idiotic.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/421825/donald-trump-foreign-policy-middle-east-oil
You must be logged in to read this quote.

If you want to argue that Trump and Clinton are unacceptable, and support Johnson (or someone else) for President, I think you've got a strong case. (I may vote for Johnson if he has a chance in hell.) But if you want to argue that the psychotic sociopath TrumpMiller, with his gleeful plans for war crimes, quest to seize lebensraum oil, and Rodney Dangerfield foreign policy is better than Clinton, then you need to go see whether the cause of your mental illness is physical or psychological.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2016, 07:15:27 AM »

Nah, I think he's right. At least anecdotally. I mean, take me. I started watching RNC coverage unsure if I could stomach voting for Clinton in November. Now, I'm confident that I can happily vote for Clinton if it means denying these evil idiots the White House. (Though I would probably vote Johnson if he could win, but I doubt that will happen.)
egalitt
Russian Federation
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2016, 08:09:55 AM »
« Edited: July 22, 2016, 08:15:35 AM by egalitt »

to 'clean up the system' is laughable and only an idiot like the idiot Trump supporters could believe it.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/421825/donald-trump-foreign-policy-middle-east-oil

This isn't the first time that I am referred to some Trump's plans made out of thin air by some reporters.
And this is for the 21st time that explain to the most gifted Atlas members that the essential difference is that Clinton has already committed her crimes. They are evident, they are described in many official documents.
Lock her up -  not quite correct. Lock her up together with Obama, Bush,  Clinton and many other American officials who committed war crimes.  
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2016, 08:32:31 AM »

I'm going to leave this right here.

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2016, 08:53:03 AM »

to 'clean up the system' is laughable and only an idiot like the idiot Trump supporters could believe it.

This isn't the first time that I am referred to some Trump's plans made out of thin air by some reporters.

And this is a perfect example of why people see Trump supporters as a cult. Candidate says things that are unappealing? No problem! Just pretend he never said them and no cognitive dissonance at all!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2016, 09:57:26 AM »

Also - since Trump is lying about crime stats... apparently now those who dare present actual evidence that counters Trump's fear-mongering are not to be trusted.

It's outright insanity - it's a pity this lot didn't get into Scientology, they'd be a much smaller risk to the country and the world.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2016, 10:50:10 AM »
« Edited: July 22, 2016, 11:52:46 AM by pbrower2a »

Also - since Trump is lying about crime stats... apparently now those who dare present actual evidence that counters Trump's fear-mongering are not to be trusted.

It's outright insanity - it's a pity this lot didn't get into Scientology, they'd be a much smaller risk to the country and the world.

But Barack Obama, the worst leader that we could possibly have because he is a ******, is sympathetic to crime and criminal because he is a ******. Or so goes the racist argument. If anything, middle-class blacks and middle-class whites have a similar disdain for crime. Their experiences with crime are becoming parallel if different because of the differences between black and white criminal cultures.

White people who have a visceral and exaggerated fear of crime (especially by minorities that they rarely meet) will vote for Donald Trump.

Let's start with a basic reality about race and drugs. White people use more and worse drugs than do blacks; they simply get away with those drugs longer before they get caught because the law enforcement is stretched too thin in rural America. Rural white America has had epidemics of meth, oxycodone, and now heroin.  

As with most middle-class blacks, President Obama is hostile to drugs and violent crime, and such shows in his policies. He has fostered a climate of hostility toward white dopers. Turnabout is fair play.

In his campaign literature directed at farmers in 2008, Senator Obama suggested solutions for controlling the theft of anhydrous ammonia from farmers for the production of meth. What was happening? Meth makers were opening the spigots for anhydrous ammonia, taking the ammonia that they could use, and forgetting to turn off the spigot. Anhydrous ammonia continued to leak and gravitate to low-lying areas. If those low-lying areas were cattle pastures, cattle got killed. Such is big losses for farmers.

White dopers have good cause to oppose President Obama. It's amazing that where one has large white populations and high rates of death by opiate overdoses, President Obama has done badly in the Presidential elections.  
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2016, 10:51:15 AM »

I saw it as a transcript and did not listen to the speech myself. It was hideous.
egalitt
Russian Federation
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2016, 11:15:29 AM »
« Edited: July 22, 2016, 11:35:49 AM by egalitt »

And this is a perfect example of Clinton backers making her an idol. No matter how many crimes she has committed they continue to worship her.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2016, 11:55:17 AM »

I saw the transcript and did not hear the speech.  I prefer reading the transcript because I can slow and hasten my reading. Besides, I am a rapid reader. Reading is more efficient for me than is listening to speech.

IT WAS HIDEOUS. 
fldemfunds
Rookie
United States

« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2016, 12:01:49 PM »

It didn't really help him outside of his core supporters. But him sticking to prompt wasn't nothing until he went way off script today about the Ted Cruz stuff.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies