Should I go to driving school?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:45:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Should I go to driving school?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Should I go to driving school?  (Read 190 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2016, 10:32:17 AM »
« edited: July 22, 2016, 10:35:12 AM by Spark498 »

I have completed the required training hours within my state already driving with a relative. I drive fairly proficiently. I have driven in the city and on multiple highways. But when I have to take the driver's test it's a different story. I have taken it twice already not only did I fail both times, they were due to simple errors, such as not keeping my hands on the wheel while turning or not being able to start the car properly. I always seem to freeze up taking the test. I am thinking of waiting until next year to retake the test again. Will I have to complete the hours all over again? And what do they teach you?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 10:41:59 AM »

I never did driving school. I had a professional driving school instructor examine my technique twice, but that was before any tests. He said I was good to go....Ultimately, I got too nervous, and like you, I slipped on the simple things [Time 1: Didn't check blind spot while lane switching, Time 2: Didn't Yield to oncoming traffic] just because the routes chosen were themselves tricky.

No, the best thing you can do is get driving in, in the neighborhood of the DMV, until you have every street down.

As for not starting the car, are you using a stick-shift?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 10:50:26 AM »

Yes, they teach you a lot you thought you know, but didn't.  When they say you're ready to test, you will be confident and ready. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies