BREAKING: 4 terror attacks/bombings/shootings in Southern Germany (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:55:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  BREAKING: 4 terror attacks/bombings/shootings in Southern Germany (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: 4 terror attacks/bombings/shootings in Southern Germany  (Read 7913 times)
Sozialliberal
Rookie
Germany

« on: July 23, 2016, 06:23:31 AM »
« edited: July 23, 2016, 11:33:39 AM by Sozialliberal »

The police also said that the perpetrator presumedly hacked a Facebook account and invited people to the fast food restaurant where the shooting took place.

There is a video showing a quarrel that presumedly took place before (probably during) the shooting. In this video, we can hear one person (probably a resident who observed the shooter from his window/balcony) shouting a lot of verbal abuse, calling the other person a "wanker" and an "asshole" several times. He also yelled "Scheiß Kanaken!". "Kanake" is a highly offensive term for a foreigner in German. He mentioned that the other person had a gun. You can hear shots at the end of the video.
youtube.com/watch?v=WlDkgAhvzQk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY5ag-8_bjg (original video)

So all the talk about the shooter being of "white German" ethnicity was wrong, wonder how that got started.
The other person in the video, who is assumed to be the perpetrator by the police, said these things during the quarrel:
"I am German!"
"I was born here!"
He also said that he had been "bullied for seven years".

We don't even know much about what happened and the xenophobes are already jumping to conclusions
I wholeheartedly agree.
Sozialliberal
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 06:52:50 AM »
« Edited: July 23, 2016, 11:04:35 AM by Sozialliberal »

Seems that he was born in the city and that the fact that this happened on the anniversary of the Utøya massacre was not coincidental. I wonder whether the site of the murders was also deliberate given what used to be there? Yuck.
Huh? Did you misread my post? It was not the perpetrator who was shouting the abuse.

To make it more clear:
It is very unlikely that the perpetrator was a terrorist.
It is likely that the perpetrator was a mentally unstable victim of xenophobic (had drawn that conclusion from my earlier post, which I corrected) bullying who wanted to take revenge.
Sozialliberal
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 08:40:14 AM »
« Edited: July 23, 2016, 08:44:48 AM by Sozialliberal »

Seems that he was born in the city and that the fact that this happened on the anniversary of the Utøya massacre was not coincidental. I wonder whether the site of the murders was also deliberate given what used to be there? Yuck.
Huh? Did you misread my post? It was not the perpetrator who was shouting the abuse.

To make it more clear:
It is likely that the perpetrator was a mentally unstable victim of xenophobic bullying who wanted to take revenge.

Please don't defend him, I'm really surprised that he is just a nutjob and not connected to Extremism, but don't blame "bullying" for this gruesome act.

He was clearly crazy and nothing triggered this other than his ill conceived thoughts..

Of course, bullying is never an excuse for killing a person. I'm not defending the perpetrator. I'm just trying to understand what makes people commit such horrendous crimes. I think that could help prevent some events of that kind in the future. We don't have enough information to certainly know whether bullying really played an important role in this case, though. It just seems likely at the moment.

Insulting a mentally unstable person as a "nutjob" is not helpful, quite the contrary.

No, I wasn't responding to your post but just posting updates not mentioned in thread.
Okay, I just read that the police assumes that this shooting is connected with the Utøya massacre because it happened on the fifth anniversary of the latter event, too.

Well, according to Bild he was bullied by Turks and Arabs at school. 3 of the victims are Turks as well + a couple of Kosovo Albanians. So we have an Iranian Breivik fan here?
Personally, I wouldn't trust Bild as a source.
Sozialliberal
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 08:45:27 AM »

Eh I'm just posting what the news says.
Yeah, I wasn't aware of that. Sorry.
Sozialliberal
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 11:26:25 AM »
« Edited: July 23, 2016, 11:33:08 AM by Sozialliberal »

In the BBC article it says both parents were asylum seekers in the 1990's, so he was full Iranian in ethnicity I'm guessing?  Politically it would seem that those on the right can still argue that this is the long term effect of non-European immigration.  These problems might not show up immediately, but do in the 2nd generation, as we see in France.  
  I'm not saying that's a correct assumption, merely that those on the right will argue that.
I think that could happen.

I corrected some things in my earlier posts (Changes stand out in bold type.)Sad
The police also said that the perpetrator presumedly hacked a Facebook account and invited people to the fast food restaurant where the shooting took place.

There is a video showing a quarrel that presumedly took place before (probably during) the shooting. In this video, we can hear one person (probably a resident who observed the shooter from his window/balcony)  shouting a lot of verbal abuse, calling the other person a "wanker" and an "asshole" several times. He also yelled "Scheiß Kanaken!". "Kanake" is a highly offensive term for a foreigner in German. He mentioned that the other person had a gun. You can hear shots at the end of the video.
youtube.com/watch?v=WlDkgAhvzQk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY5ag-8_bjg (original video)

So all the talk about the shooter being of "white German" ethnicity was wrong, wonder how that got started.
The other person in the video, who is assumed to be the perpetrator by the police, said these things during the quarrel:
"I am German!"
"I was born here!"
He also said that he had been "bullied for seven years".

We don't even know much about what happened and the xenophobes are already jumping to conclusions
I wholeheartedly agree.

To make it more clear:
It is likely that the perpetrator was a mentally unstable victim of xenophobic (had drawn that conclusion from my earlier post, which I corrected) bullying who wanted to take revenge.
Sozialliberal
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 01:18:08 PM »

As for the racist term my guess is that it have likely been used in a in-group use like how the so called "N-word" is used by African Americans.
He was clearly offended by the use of the word because he responded with "I am German!" and "I was born here!".
Sozialliberal
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 01:51:15 PM »

As for the racist term my guess is that it have likely been used in a in-group use like how the so called "N-word" is used by African Americans.
He was clearly offended by the use of the word because he responded with "I am German!" and "I was born here!".

In use can be just as ugly and offensive as when "outsiders" use it.
Yes, there are some young people with a migrant background who use the word "Kanake" in that way.
Sozialliberal
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 05:39:08 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2016, 05:46:53 AM by Sozialliberal »

Detailed description of the bomb attack in Ansbach

A bomb attack occurred in the Bavarian town Ansbach on Sunday evening. The perpetrator was killed and at least twelve other people were injured, three of them severely. The attack happened at the entrance of a music festival with more than 2,000 attendees.

The perpetrator tried to enter the festival site but was dismissed because he didn't have a ticket. Then he set off the bomb that he had hidden in his rucksack around 10 p.m. Apparently, the perpetrator added nails or shards of metal to the bomb so that it would cause more damage. He had had a telephone conversation immediately before he set off the bomb. The public prosecutor's office is trying to find out with whom he had communicated.

According to the Bavarian Minister of the Interior, the perpetrator was a 27-year-old Syrian who had arrived two years ago in Germany. His application for asylum was rejected for unknown reasons a year ago. However, his residence in Germany was tolerated by the authorities. He had committed other offences before this attack (e.g. a drug-related offence). He had also attempted to commit suicide two times in Germany, which is why he underwent psychiatric treatment. It is unknown whether he had any connection with Islamic fundamentalism.

Sources:
http://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/zeitgeschehen/2016-07/ansbach-explosion-sprengstoff
http://www.nordbayern.de/region/ansbach/27-jahriger-syrer-zundet-sprengsatz-in-ansbach-1.5369153
Sozialliberal
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 12:42:27 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2016, 02:00:53 PM by Sozialliberal »

Update: Ansbach bomb attack

The Ansbach bomb attack was an Islamist act of terror. In a mobile-phone video, the perpetrator announced an act of retaliation against the Germans because they killed Muslims. According to a first translation, he said that he acted "in the name of God". The investigators found materials with which he built the bomb in his room in the refugee home. They also found a laptop with Islamist videos that glorify violence. The perpetrator had six Facebook accounts that were full of Islamist content and glorification of violence. The IS agency Amak said that the bomber was a "soldier of the Islamic State." The Bavarian Minister of the Interior announced that he is going to increase police staff.

The mayor of Ansbach said at a press conference that 15 people were injured, four of them severely. Their lives are not in danger. Only the perpetrator himself was killed.

A spokesman of the Federal Ministry of the Interior said that the Ansbach bomber ought to have been deported to Bulgaria. He stated that he couldn't say why the deportation didn't take place because the regional states (Bavaria in this case) are in charge of deportations. It was later stated at a press conference that the perpetrator was going to be deported in mid-August.

Source: http://www.nordbayern.de/region/ansbach/27-jahriger-syrer-zundet-sprengsatz-in-ansbach-1.5369153

I dont blame the policies, I blame those who vote for parties which stand behind these policies, like the Greens.
The Greens are not in government. Only the CDU, the CSU and the SPD can be blamed for this. Especially the CDU under Merkel can be blamed because security used to be the essence of CDU policy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies