BREAKING: 4 terror attacks/bombings/shootings in Southern Germany (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:04:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  BREAKING: 4 terror attacks/bombings/shootings in Southern Germany (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: 4 terror attacks/bombings/shootings in Southern Germany  (Read 7885 times)
Omega21

« on: July 22, 2016, 12:18:39 PM »

Let's not jump to conclusions, i think it's the damn Buddhists.

Hope most people made it out, may God be with them.

Omega21

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 02:52:36 PM »

There are conflicting reports about the killers from eyewitnesses. Some say they looked "foreign", others say they shouted xenophobic slurs ...

One woman even said a killer was wearing a Santa Claus costume.

AFP reports the men were of "Arab appearance"
http://m.oe24.at/welt/Muenchner-Polizei-Akute-Terrorlage/244619442
Omega21

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 03:49:13 PM »

I wont be suprised if we dont find out at all, the German state media have a tendencie to cover up things, just like the New Years eve sex attacks in Koln.
Omega21

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 04:05:09 PM »

[
Looks like its a terrorist that commited suicide, read this on oe24.

If they are willing to release his identity, we will know if its Islamic extremism, although I doubt they will release this info as it would just boost the afD and the state media probably dont want that.

We will see what happens next..
Omega21

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 05:06:53 PM »

Medical sources say that there are 11 dead, not confirmed though.

Here you can see a video of the shooter when he started firing (just above the live ticker):

http://www.oe24.at/welt/Olympiapark-Muenchen-und-Stachus-Wilde-Schiessereien/244604230

Omega21

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 08:20:32 PM »

The killer being from Iranian ascent doesn't make things clearer, as it's likely not ISIS.

Almost all Iranians are Shia, while ISIS is "Sunni" and considers Shias to be heretics. It's like a Catholic terrorist from Sweden, it's unlikely, as pretty much all Christians there are Protestants.

Doesn't matter if it's ISIS, he was a Radical and you should not give him ANY benefit of the doubt that he wasn't one.

Iran is not really a peaceful country, seeing as they hang Gay people in the 21st century.

I am only glad that the Death toll did not go so high as it was speculated before. Let's just hope the injured make it, and that Europe doesn't get hit again any time soon.
Omega21

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 07:27:05 AM »

Seems that he was born in the city and that the fact that this happened on the anniversary of the Utøya massacre was not coincidental. I wonder whether the site of the murders was also deliberate given what used to be there? Yuck.
Huh? Did you misread my post? It was not the perpetrator who was shouting the abuse.

To make it more clear:
It is very unlikely that the perpetrator was a terrorist.
It is likely that the perpetrator was a mentally unstable victim of xenophobic bullying who wanted to take revenge.

Please don't defend him, I'm really surprised that he is just a nutjob and not connected to Extremism, but don't blame "bullying" for this gruesome act.

He was clearly crazy and nothing triggered this other than his ill conceived thoughts..
Omega21

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 05:22:56 PM »

"Update - German police: Syrian refugee armed with machete arrested in #Reutlingen near #Stuttgart after killing woman & injuring two others"
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/757250323752837121

Someone should make a new Thread for these kind of crimes.
Omega21

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 07:14:01 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In other words, Germany's relaxed immigration/deportation policies bear a part of the blame. This guy should have been deported after his asylum application was rejected or, at the latest, after he had committed crimes in Germany.

I dont blame the policies, I blame those who vote for parties which stand behind these policies, like the Greens.
Omega21

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 04:59:04 PM »

The guy that blew himself up wasn't deported because a politician from the "Die Linke" (The Left) party appealed to the City Council not to deport them even though his Asylum request was denied.

I feel that he is the one to blame for this attack, because if he didn't interfere the guy would have been deported before committing the attack.

The story http://www.krone.at/welt/linkspolitiker-bat-um-bleiberecht-fuer-attentaeter-ansbach-anschlag-story-521781
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies