BREAKING: 4 terror attacks/bombings/shootings in Southern Germany (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:12:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  BREAKING: 4 terror attacks/bombings/shootings in Southern Germany (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: 4 terror attacks/bombings/shootings in Southern Germany  (Read 7901 times)
rob in cal
« on: July 22, 2016, 07:24:41 PM »

Did the police chief just say the shooter was an 18 year old Deutschiraner? or did I mishear?
rob in cal
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 07:26:42 PM »

So all the talk about the shooter being of "white German" ethnicity was wrong, wonder how that got started.
rob in cal
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 10:36:50 AM »

In the BBC article it says both parents were asylum seekers in the 1990's, so he was full Iranian in ethnicity I'm guessing?  Politically it would seem that those on the right can still argue that this is the long term effect of non-European immigration.  These problems might not show up immediately, but do in the 2nd generation, as we see in France. 
  I'm not saying that's a correct assumption, merely that those on the right will argue that.
rob in cal
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 10:53:50 AM »

But Tender, those on the right could certainly argue, " if we had our way his parents never would have been allowed to immigrate here in the first place, so if we had always had a restrictive immigration policy like we want  this shooting never would have happened" .  I could certainly see that argument taking place.
rob in cal
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 01:09:42 AM »

I wonder how much copy-cating is going on.  First the Wurzburg attack, then Munich, then in Baden Wurtemberg, now Ansbach.  Perhaps there was a queue of disturbed attackers who were waiting for someone to start, and now they are inspired to get in on the act.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies