Jeb Bush to Endorse Gary Johnson Next Week? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:40:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jeb Bush to Endorse Gary Johnson Next Week? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jeb Bush to Endorse Gary Johnson Next Week?  (Read 5530 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 22, 2016, 07:07:04 PM »

A vote for Johnson is only a half vote against Trump, while a vote for Hillary is a full vote against Trump.

Bullsh**t.  A vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson.  I probably won't vote for Johnson, but I certainly won't vote for Clinton or for Trump, and you may not count my opposition to Trump or to Clinton as half of anything.  It is full-on, raging opposition, just as those who will vote for Johnson fully oppose Trump and fully oppose Clinton.

Anyway, I don't care whether any of the Bushes endorses Johnson, but I'm glad to know that they're not supporting Trump.  Fully and completely.

He's talking mathematically, and he's right, in terms of net margin
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 07:57:37 PM »

A vote for Johnson is only a half vote against Trump, while a vote for Hillary is a full vote against Trump.

Bullsh**t.  A vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson.  I probably won't vote for Johnson, but I certainly won't vote for Clinton or for Trump, and you may not count my opposition to Trump or to Clinton as half of anything.  It is full-on, raging opposition, just as those who will vote for Johnson fully oppose Trump and fully oppose Clinton.

Anyway, I don't care whether any of the Bushes endorses Johnson, but I'm glad to know that they're not supporting Trump.  Fully and completely.

Easy big fella.  I think he was just laying out the facts objectively.  You are completely free to vote for anyone you wish.

A vote for Johnson is only a vote for Trump/half vote against if that person would've otherwise voted Clinton. Otherwise it's still taking votes away from Trump.

His point is that voting for Clinton instead of Trump is a net -2 to the raw vote margin for Trump over Clinton; voting third-party instead is a net -1 to Trump's raw vote margin.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies