Austin school teacher bodyslammed by police for speeding
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:33:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Austin school teacher bodyslammed by police for speeding
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Austin school teacher bodyslammed by police for speeding  (Read 1700 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2016, 01:43:22 PM »

And then she was told by the policeman that it was because blacks have violent tendencies. 

Of course, now that the video has surfaced, it has created a period of mea culpas and soul searching by the police.

http://www.nola.com/education/index.ssf/2016/07/austin_teacher_police_body_sla.html

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 02:48:54 PM »

Stuff like this is the reason why people are so angry with law enforcement right now. They need more oversight and need to be held accountable far more than they are right now, instead of having officials sweep everything under the rug and letting them off the hook. The people want reform, and police unions / "tough on crime" politicians have blocked such for decades now. It's time that stopped.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 03:25:54 PM »

Thats perfectly justified force . She resisted and was taken to the ground for her efforts.  She actually continues to resist.   

What people need to understand is fighting the police is a roll of the dice.   Its a traffic violation why go through all the extra  fighting with police and not following directives?   
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 04:36:45 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2016, 04:38:47 PM by Virginia »

Thats perfectly justified force . She resisted and was taken to the ground for her efforts.  She actually continues to resist.  

Are you freakin joking me? No, it wasn't. Yeah maybe she had to be told several times, which is stupid of her to push like that, but he went right after her and escalated immediately for no good reason. He asked her to stand up then immediately grabbed her and got violent.

I'm sorry, but what world are you living in? One where any little issue justifies him violently subduing her? She was not a threat. What ever happened to being civil and working with people here? This is why minorities are fed up. They are treated like people in occupied territory.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 04:54:41 PM »

Thats perfectly justified force . She resisted and was taken to the ground for her efforts.  She actually continues to resist.  

Are you freakin joking me? No, it wasn't. Yeah maybe she had to be told several times, which is stupid of her to push like that, but he went right after her and escalated immediately for no good reason. He asked her to stand up then immediately grabbed her and got violent.

I'm sorry, but what world are you living in? One where any little issue justifies him violently subduing her? She was not a threat. What ever happened to being civil and working with people here? This is why minorities are fed up. They are treated like people in occupied territory.

I understand you are speaking from emotion ,but its not the facts.    Resistance to arrest isnt going to be a pretty sight.  He didn't go wacking her with his asp baton or even draw his taser.  He simply placed her butt on the ground.    You're right, it seems like a "little issue" which begs the question why act stupid?
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 04:57:15 PM »

Thats perfectly justified force .

And then she was told by the policeman that it was because blacks have violent tendencies. 

No matter how justified it may seem, ^ is how the police officer justified it to himself. And that's a pretty bad excuse.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 05:00:48 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2016, 05:02:22 PM by Virginia »

I understand you are speaking from emotion ,but its not the facts.    Resistance to arrest isnt going to be a pretty sight.  He didn't go wacking her with his asp baton or even draw his taser.  He simply placed her butt on the ground.    You're right, it seems like a "little issue" which begs the question why act stupid?

Yeah, ok MK. Me and you clearly have very different views on police using any kind of force, including what he did to that woman, so we will have to agree to disagree. Suffice to say, it is views like yours (apparently)  on police use of force that have gotten us to this place where the public is sick of police overreaching and always being let off the hook.

Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 07:08:17 PM »

No matter how justified it may seem, ^ is how the police officer justified it to himself. And that's a pretty bad excuse.

Actually they do, but its irrelevant the officer didn't need to flap his gums any further.   I will agree with you there. 

Wow.  Another Atlas poster showing us why BLM exists.

I tend not to call balls and strikes in these types of situations as far as what kind of force was used.  I don't have time to watch a grainy black and white tape over and over again while squinting at the screen.  But that objectively false and offensive stuff the officer said is straight up Nazi.  It is bad enough when you have Trump saying stuff like that.  Well actually he would never say something as outlandish as 99% of the violence is caused by blacks.  Really to have someone with a badge and a gun riding around town with that attitude is scary.  The fact you are cool with that says a lot about you.

The thing about it is you can be happy an unhinged cop is rolling around with a racist chip on his shoulder about black people but you know what one day a tough guy like that may have a bad day and not like the way you looked at him or whatever.  That's like being happy the Taliban is fighting the Soviets.  Cops fyck up white people too you know.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 08:17:05 PM »

Actually they do, but its irrelevant the officer didn't need to flap his gums any further.   I will agree with you there. 

Are you agreeing tht blacks have violent tendencies? Did I read that right?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 09:07:34 PM »

While the actual force used here isn't excessive per se - it's pretty akin to a standard "resisting arrest" takedown, albeit those usually used against large men - if the officer actually spouted racist BS at the woman while arresting her, that should hopefully be grounds enough for firing him.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 09:35:22 PM »

MK is the only poster on all of Atlas I have on ignore. Now you see why.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 11:25:19 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2016, 11:40:40 PM by MK »

I hear Emory University has this for you now:

http://emorywheel.com/emory-students-express-discontent-with-administrative-response-to-trump-chalkings/

Yes, black males are more likely to resist arrest.  Its irrelevant in this situation though.  The Officer is 100% justified in the use of force application here.   He doesn't need to explain anything other than her response to each of his verbal commands and as the video shows she clearly disobeyed those.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 06:28:42 AM »

some people will defend anything jfc
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 06:47:09 PM »

Yes, black males are more likely to resist arrest.  Its irrelevant in this situation though.  The Officer is 100% justified in the use of force application here.   He doesn't need to explain anything other than her response to each of his verbal commands and as the video shows she clearly disobeyed those.

As usual, MK, you are completely and utterly 2+2 = 5 wrong, and your ignorance is per typical stemming directly from out and out prejudice.

I've watched hundreds, if not thousands of police videos involving arrests, mostly as a prosecutor, and that cop GROSSLY overreacted. This wasn't "racial politics" leading to outrage, but horribly unrestrained police work by ANY reasonable professional standard.

The other cop's stated belief that "99% of these cases....it is the black community being violent", and that he "doesn't blame" white people for being afraid is Exhibit A for why BLM should exist. The prejudice of cops like him that black skin = "likely violent until proven otherwise". And your man-child defense of that view is pathetically typical of your racism.

Can I tell you how simply wonderful of you it is to merely blame the black community for committing rampant violence, but still willing to acknowledge that not all blacks aren't like that. How utterly sweet and Kum bye yah of you that is. Smiley

I so can't wait until you leave after the election.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2016, 11:47:30 PM »

As usual, MK, you are completely and utterly 2+2 = 5 wrong, and your ignorance is per typical stemming directly from out and out prejudice.

I've watched hundreds, if not thousands of police videos involving arrests, mostly as a prosecutor, and that cop GROSSLY overreacted. This wasn't "racial politics" leading to outrage, but horribly unrestrained police work by ANY reasonable professional standard.

The other cop's stated belief that "99% of these cases....it is the black community being violent", and that he "doesn't blame" white people for being afraid is Exhibit A for why BLM should exist. The prejudice of cops like him that black skin = "likely violent until proven otherwise". And your man-child defense of that view is pathetically typical of your racism.

Can I tell you how simply wonderful of you it is to merely blame the black community for committing rampant violence, but still willing to acknowledge that not all blacks aren't like that. How utterly sweet and Kum bye yah of you that is. Smiley

Great, could you please show where this officers use of force isn't justified ?    BLM matter exists because white liberals realize that the plantation bubble is about to bust (see Baltimore's 50 years of liberal policy that's been a disaster)  In order to keep blacks on that plantation a bogeyman has to be created.  Blame police for black on black crime and inequality when in fact white police officers have probably saved more black lives than some atlas forum member or George Soro$ funded group has ever saved. 

I will agree on one thing,  living life as a black male in America is truly different and something you will never understand.   

Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 12:01:27 AM »

For the record, MK is black, or at least claims to be black Tongue he's being saying so since he started posting in the forum I believe.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 12:54:44 AM »

For the record, MK is black, or at least claims to be black Tongue he's being saying so since he started posting in the forum I believe.

I call BS on that.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 01:17:40 AM »
« Edited: July 24, 2016, 01:20:56 AM by MK »

I call BS on that.

I can understand why.  Having those type of views and beliefs defies what's expected from certain races.  Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 01:29:55 AM »

Great, could you please show where this officers use of force isn't justified ?    BLM matter exists because white liberals realize that the plantation bubble is about to bust (see Baltimore's 50 years of liberal policy that's been a disaster)  In order to keep blacks on that plantation a bogeyman has to be created.  Blame police for black on black crime and inequality when in fact white police officers have probably saved more black lives than some atlas forum member or George Soro$ funded group has ever saved. 

I will agree on one thing,  living life as a black male in America is truly different and something you will never understand.   

Well, your diatribe that went on at length about the "liberal plantation", BLM, and somehoweven non-sequitured enough to bring up George Soros (Huh), of course didn't even TRY addressing the use of force involved.Did you know that for someone whom always claims incidents of force are overly scrutinized though the prism of racial politics, you do so yourself quit intently?

Anyhoo, the usde of force was contrary to professional standards in a myriad of ways. The same professional standards designed to keep cops safe on the street , mind you. The officer's abandoning verbal commands and resort to physical force came WAAAAYYYY too early. Again, i've watched hundreds, if ot over a thousand arrest videos, including dozens and dozens of resisting arrest cases i've PROSECUTED. Watching this one my eyes bugged out when he got physical at that point. I've NEVER seen an officer unilaterally escalate so fast. Furthermore , reacching into the car to physically remove this teacher was grossly unnecessary and aggressive .

Don't tell ME it's a tough job. I know better than anyone outside cops and their families how much that's true, and spent most of the last 18 years fighting for their backs in court. And this $hit was totally out of line by  any reasonable guideline.

but why bother? You'll go on some tear about BLM and the liberal media or something. You've repeatedly proven you are incapable of learning a thing if it means challenging a pre-conceived notion , especially regarding race .
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 01:32:33 AM »

Actually they do, but its irrelevant the officer didn't need to flap his gums any further.   I will agree with you there.  

Yes, black males are more likely to resist arrest.  Its irrelevant in this situation though.  The Officer is 100% justified in the use of force application here.   He doesn't need to explain anything other than her response to each of his verbal commands and as the video shows she clearly disobeyed those.

Great, could you please show where this officers use of force isn't justified ?    BLM matter exists because white liberals realize that the plantation bubble is about to bust (see Baltimore's 50 years of liberal policy that's been a disaster)  In order to keep blacks on that plantation a bogeyman has to be created.  Blame police for black on black crime and inequality when in fact white police officers have probably saved more black lives than some atlas forum member or George Soro$ funded group has ever saved.  

I will agree on one thing,  living life as a black male in America is truly different and something you will never understand.  

Well, your diatribe that went on at length about the "liberal plantation", BLM, and somehoweven non-sequitured enough to bring up George Soros (Huh), of course didn't even TRY addressing the use of force involved.Did you know that for someone whom always claims incidents of force are overly scrutinized though the prism of racial politics, you do so yourself quit intently?

Anyhoo, the usde of force was contrary to professional standards in a myriad of ways. The same professional standards designed to keep cops safe on the street , mind you. The officer's abandoning verbal commands and resort to physical force came WAAAAYYYY too early. Again, i've watched hundreds, if ot over a thousand arrest videos, including dozens and dozens of resisting arrest cases i've PROSECUTED. Watching this one my eyes bugged out when he got physical at that point. I've NEVER seen an officer unilaterally escalate so fast. Furthermore , reacching into the car to physically remove this teacher was grossly unnecessary and aggressive .

Don't tell ME it's a tough job. I know better than anyone outside cops and their families how much that's true, and spent most of the last 18 years fighting for their backs in court. And this $hit was totally out of line by  any reasonable guideline.

but why bother? You'll go on some tear about BLM and the liberal media or something. You've repeatedly proven you are incapable of learning a thing if it means challenging a pre-conceived notion , especially regarding race .

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2016, 01:34:58 AM »

I call BS on that.

I can understand why.  Having those type of views and beliefs defies what's expected from certain races.  Tongue

No, more like anti-Obama internet trolls claiming to be black for "i'm not a racist" cred are 1000 times more common than bona fide Uncle Ruckus types like you"re claiming to be.

Beyond that, few here doubt if this teacher was white you'd probably be saying "well , THIS time the cops crossed the line."
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 01:39:25 AM »

Actually they do, but its irrelevant the officer didn't need to flap his gums any further.   I will agree with you there.  

Yes, black males are more likely to resist arrest.  Its irrelevant in this situation though.  The Officer is 100% justified in the use of force application here.   He doesn't need to explain anything other than her response to each of his verbal commands and as the video shows she clearly disobeyed those.

Great, could you please show where this officers use of force isn't justified ?    BLM matter exists because white liberals realize that the plantation bubble is about to bust (see Baltimore's 50 years of liberal policy that's been a disaster)  In order to keep blacks on that plantation a bogeyman has to be created.  Blame police for black on black crime and inequality when in fact white police officers have probably saved more black lives than some atlas forum member or George Soro$ funded group has ever saved.  

I will agree on one thing,  living life as a black male in America is truly different and something you will never understand.  

Have you met a poster named Oldiesfreak? the two of you would get along marvelously.

(Not a compliment )
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2016, 01:57:41 AM »

I call BS on that.

No, more like anti-Obama internet trolls claiming to be black for "i'm not a racist" cred are 1000 times more common than bona fide Uncle Ruckus types like you"re claiming to be.

Beyond that, few here doubt if this teacher was white you'd probably be saying "well , THIS time the cops crossed the line."

I voted for Obama twice 2008(door to door)  and 2012.   Doesn't matter what race the subject is if this were a white hillbilly refusing to comply the same should happen or in my case would have happened. 

As I said earlier the whole incident could have been avoided on her part by just complying and not acting stupid.  He asked her nicely to close the door before he went back to run her DL or write whatever citation(maybe a warning).  She decided to do something different then resisted and was taken to the ground and it wasn't the hardest take down I've seen or done in that type of situation.  That's the hard truth of the matter , but I don't want to debate this with you by being defensive.. its pointless

Now, looking at it from another perspective. All police officers are taught interpersonal communication skills ( snore fest) could those have been applied in this situation... YES 
I think the issue here is you have a obviously hostile noncompliant subject in a car.  Never know what weapons could be present and he asked her to close the door for safety reasons.  Honestly I would've asked her to step outside so her full motions and body could be on camera.  Back to the interpersonal communication ; this is why I would like to see departments get back to two man units. Him having a second officer here would have maybe prevented the whole escalation of force being used.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2016, 06:59:54 AM »

Racist Trump Troll gets disproven but just ignores facts. As usual.

Awful video and very unprofessional police conduct.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2016, 07:02:17 AM »

Ok, I've watched the video (I know everybody has been waiting for my take).

As is often the case with these, why don't people do what they are told BEFORE the situation goes crazy and then especially AFTER sh**t goes crazy.  I'm NOT saying the cop's actions were appropriate (he's got some problems, what with the "violent tendencies" line and all), I'm saying, like I've always said here, like I've always told my kids or anybody else that would listen....DONT FIGHT THE COPS ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD!  You ain't going to win.  Even if you're right.  You're never going to win.  You might die, you'll certainly get your ass kicked and get to go to jail for a day or so.  Yes, trying not to get handcuffed is fighting the cops.  Being a belligerent asshole is a better option, but still not a good idea and you're still not going to win and you still might die or go to jail.  FIGHT IN THE COURTS, with a lawyer.  You still might get screwed, you still might lose, but you've actually got a fighters chance in court, especially if you're right, but often times even if you are a asshole.  It makes it easier in court if you don't fight the cops too.

And again, cop was wrong here.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies