Austin school teacher bodyslammed by police for speeding
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:28:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Austin school teacher bodyslammed by police for speeding
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Austin school teacher bodyslammed by police for speeding  (Read 1701 times)
MK
Mike Keller
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2016, 08:50:13 AM »

Racist Trump Troll gets disproven but just ignores facts. As usual.

Awful video and very unprofessional police conduct.

The only one ignoring facts is you.  You calling me a racist trump troll and didn't have one answer or dispute to what I laid out in the last post.   Resistance to arrest isn't going to look pretty.   Should he have offered her a Scooby snack for compliance?

Sorry Gustaf I don't know you personally and even if I did I'd still respect you as person despite your political views I don't agree with.   See here in America that's supposed to be the beauty of what makes this country great.  Maybe you despise that notion.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2016, 09:09:01 AM »

The only one ignoring facts is you.  You calling me a racist trump troll and didn't have one answer or dispute to what I laid out in the last post.   Resistance to arrest isn't going to look pretty.   Should he have offered her a Scooby snack for compliance?

Sorry Gustaf I don't know you personally and even if I did I'd still respect you as person despite your political views I don't agree with.   See here in America that's supposed to be the beauty of what makes this country great.  Maybe you despise that notion.
Also here in America we have to right to call you out on the hate that you post.  So I and many others will say it again and again. 

You are a racist.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2016, 10:36:15 AM »

My take in watching the aftermath video, is that the cop himself was very nervous that he had gone over the top. And he could have done grave injury to that small woman. We have a problem. Given the use of videos recording cop behavior (and thank heavens for that), and too many cops that are unfit to be cops, we have a very incendiary situation, that can, and has, led to riots. Over time, we need to be much more selective as to who are cops, and pay them better, to get those who are really qualified to do this what is, these days, a very complex, and demanding job, that requires a good temperament, and smarts, as well as the requisite physical attributes, all in one package.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2016, 10:39:54 AM »

There is nothing to answer. Badger already explained it to you and you completely ignored everything he had to say.

I respect different political views. I don't respect racism, however.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2016, 11:48:03 AM »

If you think you're untouchable then you'll over extend your jurisdiction. Simple as that.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2016, 10:23:58 AM »

What was she being arrested for that the police officer immediately began yelling "stop resisting"? Or does a police officer only need to say "stop resisting" to compel full obedience?

He escalated to force so quickly, without explaining to her what was going on, that she was likely as confused as I was watching it. And as much as it's easy sitting here to say "If you stopped resisting it would have been easier," how easy does anybody find it to just go limp when someone is lifting them up and body slamming them on the ground?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2016, 11:48:22 AM »

STOP RESISTING!!!! is the new Clarion Call for cops.  They know they're being recorded so they scream this at even the most immobile suspect, while continuing to beat the sh**t out of him.  Thankfully this was just a take-down.  I can't imagine what the cop would do to a real criminal/
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2016, 06:18:43 PM »

STOP RESISTING!!!! is the new Clarion Call for cops.  They know they're being recorded so they scream this at even the most immobile suspect, while continuing to beat the sh**t out of him.  Thankfully this was just a take-down.  I can't imagine what the cop would do to a real criminal/

No, thats always been part of training.  Verbal commands  are a stable of use of force training. Though i will say that in a emotional high stress situation the verbal commands  often turn to profanity.    Been there done that.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2016, 03:16:23 AM »

Wait, you are/were a cop yourself?

This makes everything SO MUCH worse.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2016, 11:31:31 AM »

No, thats always been part of training.  Verbal commands  are a stable of use of force training. Though i will say that in a emotional high stress situation the verbal commands  often turn to profanity.    Been there done that.

I'm not talking verbal commands.  I am saying when a cop says STOP RESISTING while he's on tape, he means - "Dear District Attorney and Defendant's Civil Lawyer - I'm beating the f[inks] out of this guy illegally and covering my ass by suggesting he won't stop resisting......pretty clever eh? "
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies